Brent Coon & Associates Employee Reviews

Productive place to work with. Good smart people of all ages, races and genders.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2017
Fast paced and upbeat. Working with attorneys, clients, defense counsel to get cases handled. Hardest part of the job may have been dealing with the situation of the office in San Francisco closing and the fiasco that came with it. I loved the people I worked with at this company. Meeting and working with so many great people from different back grounds was a wonderful experience for me. I learned a great deal of things about court cases at this firm. From investigative work, court documents and filings with the court, to arranging depositions.
Pros
Overtime, workplace
Cons
First boss (who was laid off)
Pleasant place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 20, 2017
BCA is a pleasant place to work. The hours are flexible and you work with good people. My supervisor was nice and worked with me when I needed to have surgery.
productive place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  beaumont texasDecember 29, 2016
Love working with people the employes are hard workers they serve to keep client happy and helpnthem with any issues they have its a great place to work at
Great Firm
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77002November 10, 2016
I enjoyed working with the firm. I learned a whole lot, and I would do not regret this experience. All around a great work environment. Have so much to offer.
Wonderful company
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2015
Great company all around. Wonderful management surrounded by a definitive approach towards employee satisfaction. Focused on growth for the future.
Pros
Flexibility
Fun enjoyable place to work
Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 7, 2014
Enjoy working at Brent Coon and Associates assisting people affected by the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill.
I learned new computer skills and enjoy my coworkers.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Job security
Team environment and fun to work for.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 9, 2014
Attoney's office that housed attoney's that cared for the clients they served.
Personal Injury Litigation, Large caseloads, professional staff.
Probate Paralegal/Asbestos Docket (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TexasJanuary 16, 2014
While at Brent Coon & Associates, LLC I was the head Personal Injury Probate Paralegal for our Texas, Illinois, Arkansas, and Georgia offices. Our specialization revolved around asbestos exposure. I obtained the documents needed to release funds for ourselves as well as the clients. I maintained a rotating number of roughly 2,000 case files at any given time. I worked with clients in order to obtain signatures needed for Affidavits as well as any probate documentation that may have been required. After the BP oil spill in the gulf of firm switched gears and picked up more than 10,000 claims in relation to it. I was over 4,000 of the case files myself with a supervising Attorney. I interviewed and collected the needed documentation to submit to BP's attorney's.I would work a lot of times seven days a week to assist the firm in the case loads for roughly four months until we finally leveled out. I learned how to work as a team with other paralegals in order to maintain our deadlines.
Pros
Fast paced environment, Exciting cases, good work load.
Cons
Parking.
Great Company
Office Assistant/File Clerk - Civil litigation (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 11, 2013
lots of filing and going to the court house everyday, which I loved. I learned how to put documents together in the computer and I learned how to file documents at the court house. Management was great nice people and they respected those who worked hard and that was honest. There really no hard parts to this job. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting treated equal.
Pros
The Trust for Management
Cons
Pay was too low
Personal Injury Law Firm
Personal and Legal Secretary/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2012
Upon arrival I make sure the office is open and ready for business each day. I handle all of my supervising attorney's personal business and receive most of his incoming calls when he is out. I perform heavy transcription with multiple drafts of all dictation and distribute accordingly. Attend staff meetings, take notes and transcribe then distribute. Maintain all vendor files and prepare check requests to accounting as needed. I code vendor invoices and send to account for payment. I am the time and attendance supervisor handling all time off requests, doctor's notes and time adjustments. I maintain and order office supplies for the building as well as the loft upstairs. I handle maintenance problems for the building contacting vendors to schedule visits, working with them to identify the problem and act as liaison to whomever needs to approve correcting the problem. I prepare case settlement documents and process through our system and once processed and the checks are received from accounting, I distribute to the client, referring attorney and/or lien holders. I close out client files upon completion of settlement or otherwise. I also maintain and electronically generate income projections, settlements, SOL and case valuation reports for my supervising attorney and/or meetings. I work in conjunction with the rest of my supervising attorney's staff to electronic file, calendar and schedule accordingly.

While I have been doing many of the same things as in my previous position, I have had the opportunity to take on greater challenges and learn new things. I take pride in being
  more... able to handle whatever comes my way.  less