BRENTWOOD HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

Residents were great and people working with were good.
Director (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXApril 17, 2018
The upper management is horrible. You know it is bad when you have to buy diapers and wipes out off your own pocket or the residents will not have any.
Pros
Some good people to work with
Cons
upper management is horrible
over all its ok to work for
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLDecember 14, 2017
it was a great place to work yes it was fast pace but i loved the employees that i worked with at the time. but they contracted the department out to another company. Or i would still be working there.
Pros
the people and residence that live there
Cons
the management at the time of employment
great patient
liaison between the medical care team and patients (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJNovember 22, 2017
I took care of developmentally delayed teens., driving her to school and work and to her friends house as well as driving her to see her grandmother in a nursing home. Also when asked drove her out to lunch to meet her friends. The hardest part of the job was lifing her up when she fell, because she refused to use her wheelchair.
Pros
nice family
Cons
The workplace was relaxed and organized.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJOctober 16, 2017
Brentwood took a chance on me right out of school. I developed a lot of great experience from the cases that they gave me. I am forever grateful for the opportunity they gave me.
Awful Manager
Business Office Manager/HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAJuly 19, 2017
Nursing home that cut corners and did not take care of their patients. used cheap materials and did not pay employees. Held raises while the administrator received raises. Mean environment.
great opportunity
CNA/LVN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2017
This was my first job when I moved to Texas, I worked here as a CNA and a LVN. I learned many things and how to become a great nurse, good nurses that helped me through nursing school.
No benefits, no life
Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2016
There are no benefits...no medical, PTO, 401K match, paid holidays (3/year), no work/life balance. The people that work here are hard workers, the company shows zero appreciation for their efforts.
Pros
Cons
Favoritism reigns supreme
non productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2016
I didn't like the place at all the management team suck. They are very unfair in building two. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
fast paced and demanding
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2016
My work day is pretty much busy from the time I get there until I leave. Staffing is challenging from day to day. Managerial staff is inconsistent. I work in a hostile work environment with Culture barriers. Since I've been there we've had roughly 5 administrators and 4-5 director of nurses. I would love to be in a work team oriented, stable work place that gives me an opportunity to learn and grow as a professional and would allow me to contribute to the success of the company with my current skill set.
Working experience and co workers
RESIDENT CARE SPEACALIST (Current Employee) –  Burbank, ILNovember 23, 2015
The working experience is amazing. It is great to have so many team players that work so well together. The atmosphere is wonderful, although stressful at times Brentwood still has loving workers

Want to know more about BRENTWOOD HEALTHCARE?

Ask a question
Very unprofessional from the staff to some of the workers.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2015
Very unprofessional they talk to you as if you beneath. The ADON told the cna"s that we where in the same boat with the housekeepers. They constantly bash employees with harsh words and never praise them for there hard work. Our opinions don't mean anything what we say on how we feel about how we get treated constantly gets overlooked. I will never recommend any one to work there neither will i go back
still need's improvement, but it has improved
Transportation Aide (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2015
The pay rate could be better, but it has increased. It need more staff to accomidate the residents . Management can improve big time. I do like the facilty it needs to get with the times such as direct deposit and electronic charting. The uniform chioce could be better because it hard to find khaki colored scrubs without paying an arm and a leg. I do like there is growth with in the company, but it is stilll limited. I enjoy the residents because of the varity of ages in the facilty so it doesn't give the " nursing home feel" your gurateed to to get a good laugh from one the residents that can sure brighteen up your day.
Very Clean nice place to work
RN Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2015
hardest part of job staffing and the staff that are there long term are great
enjoy working with the residents giving wound care
learned a lot of skills of management
Pros
great group to work for
Cons
not compensaed for work done
Very political environment with lack of support and direction. High expectations are not communicated well.
Not disclosed (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 30, 2014
It was presented as an excellent opportunity to grow and develop leadership skills and have an impact in developing the company's market share in the healthcare community. Ideas and projects are dismissed without serious consideration. While the intention was to participate in a leadership role, it quickly became a front line representative identical to previous roles held.
it was ok the work load was heavey
Certified Nursing Aide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2013
Taking care of the patients was the only thing i enjoyed , the work load was vey heavy and we was allways short and the pay wasn't enough.
great workers
Medication Nurse (Former Employee) –  dallas,txMarch 19, 2013
great company for new nurses. the staff was extremely helpful and compassionate about me being a new nurse and showing me anything I needed to know
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2012
typical day at work was blessed i did my reguler routine an co workers we all was a family.the hardest part of the job is when a pateint passes away on u thats been with u for yrs.an u been taking care of them.i enjoyrd the most part cause they care about their employes.
Pros
pot lunches.games, hoiliday parties
Cons
breaks not long enough an shot of staa at times.
At-will company
Certified Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2012
Normal. How to be micromanaged. Fun and friendly. Agressive family members. The residents.