Brewdog

Working at Brewdog: 27 Reviews

United States27 reviews

workcompanyjobteambeerworkingenvironmentfree

Great environment, great people

A typical day includes running food, taking phone calls, online orders, and sitting guests. Sometimes, the seating of the restaurant can be stressful, but nothing overwhelming. Management is overall very effective, a vast improvement since the beginning of BD, and are there for you for schedule issues, personal schedule conflicts, or anything else. the environment is relaxed and enjoyable.

Not worth it

Huge turnover rate here and pay is subpar at best. Management team in US and UK is toxic and make decisions with complete disregard for their workers. Not to mention all the controversy surrounding the owner and he is as bad as it sounds. Company brushes him under the rug. Stay away.

Pros

Shift beer

Cons

Long hours, small pay, no advancement, denied pto, poor management

Brewdog insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Toxic work culture.

Lack of communication between management and staff. Nepotism. Unhealthy work environment. Threats from management and kitchen employees. HR relaying confidential information back to management.

Pros

Free meals for manager

Cons

Toxic work culture

Company lacks order and discipline, and makes promise they can't keep

To be honest the company does not believe in promoting with in. And gives people titles that lack the kitchen experience. A company is only string as it's weakest link.

Fun workplace, AMAZING management, bonuses, full benefits, great company

I love working here. It is a great company with great management and teamwork. Fun atmosphere, fun work, and amazing team. You get yearly bonuses, referral bonuses, higher server pay than almost anywhere else, and full benefits/PTO!!! Unheard of in restaurant industry. BrewDog cares for their employees

What is the best part of working at the company?Insurance benefits and 401(k)What is the most stressful part about working at the company?All of the managers are extremely young, rude and disrespectful. Don't support their employees.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It is like a cult of younger people and it is a high stress environment.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Always slammed, no time for even a bathroom break. Never any respect from management, only degrading comments.

What is the best part of working at the company?The Atmosphere. Some of the people I work with What is the most stressful part about working at the company? changing the oil to the fryers. Small space in the kitchen

I do not recommend working for this company

This is a company that claims to care about you health and well being, but from what i experienced that could not be farther from the truth. Pay is not competitive and there is a ceiling to the growth that can be had. Upper management only cares about the profits they make and not about the individuals that make those profits happen

Cons

Salaried Persons are far overworked and under paid

Creative and Fun place to interact with your coworkers!

I really appreciate my coworkers and management, I feel supported throughout my employment and value my contributions !It can get really fast paced and busy, but who doesn't like making money?!

Nepotism at its finest.

Outside of the owner, upper management and GM of this company it’s not a bad place to work. They pay a fair wage in comparison to other bars in the Columbus area. However, if you are so not sell your soul to the company, sleep with management or are not besties with the hiring manager you will not go anywhere in this company. Not to mention the underlying cultish environment. If you want a good serving/bartending gig to make good money you’ll do fine here. Just don’t get caught up in the drama—which there tends to be a lot of.

Pros

Occasional free beer

Cons

Nepotism

Horrible work/life balance. Benefits are ok

Not a bad job for someone young in their 20’s with no kids. Otherwise stay clear. Decent job advancement opportunities as long as you put the work in. Lots expected of lower management with little help from the higher ups.

Everything about this company is a glamorous-looking facade

I would strongly encourage anybody considering applying to the Cincinnati location to please not, for your mental well-being’s sake. They are desperate to hire for a reason. The senior management could not be any more incompetent and lazy. They are not likely to help when your team needs it & you will end up feeling extremely isolated, and over-worked. Not to mention the extreme toxicity of a work environment. The company is so quick to sack people for petty reasons, so you will be walking on eggshells. Nothing is ever good enough for the senior management; you will be expected to run social media, book/run large events, among other things that are definitely not listed in the job description. P.S. the “unicorn fund” and their various efforts to contribute/donate to causes are a complete joke. This employer is all about profit and they do not give a second thought about the mental health of the folks who are running the show at the bars. Although they talk a huge game about mental health awareness. There was a period of time where I was hardly able to see or raise my kid because I was always in the bar. The employees are dropping like flies because of the horrible environment.

Pros

Benefits for full-time employees

Cons

No work-life balance No communication No appreciation or room to grow

Toxic Energy

They are very very picky at who they want working in there restaurants, and will find any reason to fire you if your not fitting their standards or “ Look “

Pros

Free meal, Free beer

Cons

Dumpster is all the way by the river, kitchen is way to small and was built improperly, No room to level up in your career.

Fun to work for and great benfits

I've been with this company now 7 months and they really look out for you as a team member and work with you when you aren't sure of something. I can come to anyone in management with any issues. The work environment is great and friendly.

Pros

Free meal for kitchen staff, half off FOH, Pto, benefits

Cons

Breaks limited

The benefits are what landed me

Their benefit package rivals that of a top tier fortune 500 company. However that is where the buck stops. Work life balance is a joke. They talk a great game, but it is only talk. From the top down there is no consistency. The operational plan changes, sometimes daily. They are trying to expand too quickly. Menu is unimpressive and boring. Beers are good but nothing mind blowing, but to listen to the owner speak you would think the he himself single handedly invented the beverage. There are too many bigwigs, and yet zero direction or communication. To summarize, the owner is a sociopath. The CEO has zero leadership ability. The corporate Chef was a bar manager, and literally cannot cook. The Regional Managers have zero idea of how to manage management. Benefits rock

Benefits

Cons

Communication, Leadership, and literally everything else.

Horrible Culture

Awful culture resulted in local disdain for company. Making it impossible to meet goals. No product was ever made available to be ordered for Indiana location. Leaving us with scraps to provide customers.

Pros

Good beer

Cons

Head Chef Touching Servers

Fun and reasonable

I loved working at brewdog. It took me a minute to warm up. They were friendly everyone introduced themselves as soon as I walked in. They were understanding. When I worked there I was 6 months pregnant so they understood doctor as appointment, sick days and more. They gave food and they checked on your they also made it a safe and clean work space. I had one coworker who didn’t like me and would harass me and be rude and immediately the manager spoke to him and cleared the air. No problems since. There laughs and smiles andThey take care of there crew

Pros

Food, crew members

Cons

Very busy

Yikes

Their production team is cool. So is the front of the house. However the business office upstairs can't be trusted. Look at the high turnover in CEOs. That speaks for itself.

Pros

Can bring your dog. One free drink a day

Cons

Freaking management

Do not work for Brewdog USA

Do not work here! They will under pay and under appreciate you! Horrible management. They don’t let people take breaks. Even on doubles. If you do work there. Be prepared for management to try to destroy you mentally. They will pay you 10/hr to do job that you should be making 30/hr to do.

Pros

Cons

Terrible management

Good place to work for

Brewdog was extremely workable with my schedule, I have an 11 year old who I only see every other weekend. Job is extremely fast paced, and would get overwhelming at times but management was usually there to help.

Do not work here

This company full of lies and deceit. As someone who worked there from the beginning I can assure you that you will not be compensated for your hard work accordingly. There were times that my paychecks were messed up for weeks. The management team lies to the staff constantly and HR keeps one of the GM’s employed even after he physically abuses and verbally abuses his employees. Do not waste your time at this job.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brewdog. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits