Brewingz Employee Reviews

Worst Job Ever
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJanuary 18, 2019
I worked there for a year as a cashier and I did some serving. It is very poorly ran by managers who don't know what's going on in their own restaurant and there lazy but expect you to bust your butt. On top of that you don't get paid enough as either cashier or server to keep up with bills. Would not recommend this job to anyone, look else where.
Pros
Employee Meal
Cons
Everything Else
Stressful/poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJanuary 5, 2019
Completely unorganized. Food is always getting returned. Never run your own food. Everyone just runs around like chickens with their heads cut off. Clientele isn't there to tip you well.
Pros
Meal plan
Cons
Everything else
Relax place to work and good co-workers
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2018
Its a good place to make fast money at meet new place and see differnt faces and you cna work up in the company but for a stable 9-5 p.m. i would recommend it because the business varies .
Pros
50% off
Cons
Management, no benefits.
Horrible place to work
Restaurant Waitress (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 25, 2018
Not professional at all and the management was very bad . Not an organized job and very nasty cooking they need an inspector to go check on them everyday
Very fun and relaxed place to work
COOK (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Brewingz. The pay was not great and towards the end, the hours werent either, which is why I chose to leave. Other than that, it was fun and very relaxed. The employees all got along and had fun together at work.
Too slow paced to make ends meet
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXOctober 28, 2018
The main issue for working for this establishment was the pace of service and poor management. The managers focused on who they liked most rather than an employees service strength.
always on your feet
Cashier, host, and waitress (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2018
Brewingz is a great workplace. You have to be very attentive and you're always on your feet. It's rare whenever we have slow days. Some regulars tip well, others don't but the longer you work there the more money you make.
Pros
employee meals
Cons
no breaks
It’s a fun sports bar. It’s very high paced and interactive.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  8490 S Sam Houston Parkway East Houston TX 77075September 1, 2018
Brewingz is a great company because you are provided with the opportunity to meet new people and bring in lists of cash. It all depends on your pace. If you can interact with customers, make drinks and provide quality service then it’s a piece of cake.
Pros
Daily tips
Cons
Tip out
Fun place for Tv, burgers and drinks
Server/ waitress (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2018
Its cool because the environments is chill, you can watch tv and and all the football games with a good tasy hanburger from brewingz or its hot wings.
Nice
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
This was my first job and it was nice. It was fast paced and very good for it being my first. I learned a lot here. Everyone was super swear and I loved it
fun place to work
host (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 12, 2018
bad management but good place to work the restaurant is very busy and the managers aren’t professional and are rude but long as you do what you’re supposed to you should be fine
Fast pace work environment
Cashier/Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
The job was great. Some days were better then others. Some things could have been different with the way the schedules were made. Being treat fairly was always an issue.
Growth opportunity and family oriented.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
Brewingz offers a diversified work environment. Besides not having good benefits it is a great company to work for. A lot of advancement opportunity to grow within the company.
bad management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 16, 2018
an overall typical day there was ok way stressful and the money you made if any that day made it seem like it wasn't worth it. the management will force you to pay things out of your own pocket like walk outs or lost money even though I have had former bosses at that location say it was against some kind of law for them to do that but did they care nope. they think they were entitled to that money so I had to go to the bank and take out what I had left which was just enough to pay for what I lost so if I had to add up what this company owes me its at least in the $200 range if not more. they make you pay walk outs and stuff like that. even though its clearly against some corporate code. so I would say this place needs to be shut down or the management needs to be wiped out and replaced.
worse place ever
Assistant / Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMay 11, 2018
micro managing wrong things, pay barely covers cost of living. expect to much from managers. work culture is based on poor products on big overhead. Shouldn't have ever worked here, no wonder theyre closing stores
Friendly enviroment to eat and watch sports
Hostess, Cashier, and Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2018
Friendly enviroment to eat, have a ice cold beer and watch sports. Very good food at inexpensive prices and excellent staff. Clean environment as well
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
very relaxed
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2018
they are willing to work with schedule. steady pace, good for college students looking for extra cash. daily paid out on the tips.management is excellent and make you feel like family
Pros
free lunches
Cons
have to deal with some walk out customers
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2018
A typical day at Brewingz was taking guests orders and making sure their order came out just how they wanted it . Make sure everyone was happy with their food.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits. Low Pay.
Productive and fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2018
Typical day I would clock in and get right to work by checking the orders that were ready to go out and label them with the correct flavors and make sure they were correct before I took them out. Then I would get the customer anything extra that they need and work with the waiters to make sure the customer is satisfied. When there are no orders ready to make sure my area is clean and help others if needed. This is how a typical day went.
Pros
Employee meal
Fun and competitive
Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXFebruary 3, 2018
A typical day at work would be slow(With the exception of weekends). I learned a lot about the restaurant business and how the food industry works. My job itself was pretty easy and laid back, as I got to know how everything works. I really enjoyed the weekends as most of the time there was a sports game on which made the day fun and exciting.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low pay