Brewster Place

Brewster Place Employee Reviews

Brewster Place insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

Friendly staff...easy to get along with and talk to...great mangers ...good health care benifits... Good customer service residents always come first.. Employees are able to use the gyms and pool while not working ...paid holidays when working holiday get time and a half plus the 8 hours of holiday pay..easy to apply right online at Brewster place.org. like being part of a family

Pros

Do get free lunches and other things

Cons

Get short breaks

What a great retirement community!

Very nice campus with wonderful residents and great staff! Great benefits. Workplace culture is all inclusive. The executive team is very involved and in tune with what is occurring on a daily basis.

Pros

Residents and staff

friendly residents but extremely high turnover rate

Like the job overall but it is extremely tiring especially since people quit left and right. Most days we are just 2 people working on the floor and you do a few other peoples jobs and your own. Most days when I work im literally running my whole shift. You will leave feeling sore, but the residents are nice.

Pros

nice residents, free lunch

Cons

short staff, doing your job and a few other peoples

Fun positive people good teams

Good job good staff good hours management is very nice and worls with you with work school and outside life awesome people good training people care for one another.

Pros

Pay

Great work environment

Great work environment. Lot's of opportunity for overtime and great benefits. You can also get movie tickets at a lower rate. I definitely recommend it.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Residents

The residents and my co workers what keeps me there. I like working for brewster its been the best job. Its a awsome place to work and the residents and the best .

Benefits

Fun place to work at

Every worker that works here is amazing. Nice and friendly always have a smile on. You will love work here with the residence and there family’s there all nice and friendly as well.

It is a very nice facility

They offer higher opportunities to the employees. They have very informative meetings on a weekly basis. The facility is well kept and all the staff work together as a team.

This company has alot of benefits that help n the co workers are awsome loving kind n friendly

I love wking there i love the people there i wouldnt trade it for anything else my future starts here .great team to wk with this company wete everyone sholud be overall if want a promising future here the place to be .

Overall a great place to work. Little advancement. Structured. Other employees were nice. Large Human resources staff of employees. Close to home. Residents were wonderful.

Nice working conditions

I was not thrilled. There were a lot of CNA's who treated folks like dirt and when you would report it nothing would be handled and it got increasingly worse. A lot of staff were unprofessional . How ever, there was a lot of staff who actually cared and were there for the residents. I met some awesome staff and residents and other staff i could have gone with out meeting. Scheduling was excessive with texting my phone constantly.

fun work place

good place to work, love the guest i took care of. staffing was good , we all worked together no matter what came about. they have alot of the things for the clients that live there more than other places ive worked for.

Horrible

Worked 5 years for them got hurt and then I was treated like dirt kept finding reasons to write me up so they could fire me I finally had enough and quit they are about money

Extremley fact paced enviorment

Super fast paced environment. With really stressful situations. Along with poor training strategies. This is all in relation to the kitchen work, depending on where your placed you may do well, however you must have experience, or youre going to be very lost, And they DO NOT train well, they just give you all the "not fun" parts of the job.

Brew5er place is a great place to work.

I really enjoyed my job at Brewster. I love to work with people and learn the difference of the elderly life and their families wishes. I learned a lot at Brewster.

pretty clean place

most days you stay busy depending they shift and unit you work on, and what the elderly are like but that is like any nursing home. you have your ups and downs.

Fun Workplace with Great Benefits!

I love coming to work every day and working with the Brewster residents. It is such a fun place to work and Brewster is always doing something fun for their residents and their staff. If I had to move a family member into a long term care facility, my only choice would be Brewster. The days are busy and there are high expectations, but that's because they want what is best for their residents.

Pros

Residents, fun atmosphere

Cons

High expectations

Brewster is Best!

I worked as a nurse at Brewster. I love the residents there and the person centered culture. I felt empowered as a staff member and felt there were many internal career ladders. Management is always looking for feedback, ways to improve and thinking outside the box. Their main focus is on resident care and staffing. They offer many edu opportunities. They really invest in their employees and reward you for a job well done. I would not have chosen to leave, but my husband had to relocate for his job. In my opinion, they set the bar for LTC.

Pros

The residents, co-workers, career development

Cons

As with any job in the healthcare field, sometimes it can feel like there isn’t enough time during your shift to complete all tasks

Nothing Magnificent

There's no question the staff here love and care for their residents more than words can describe. With that being said, typical nursing home with staffing challenges. My pay was too low from the start even though I had been a CNA for a few years before coming here. When I applied and interviewed for a new position here at Brewster it was blocked even though it would give me a little bit of a raise I really needed. Employees not really encouraged to grow career wise, unless they're higher up employees. Don't have the best managers/management structure.

Pros

Incentive Program

Cons

Pay, management structure

Productive and fun workplace

I helped play games with the elderly that kept their minds sharp. A fun environment to be in and the workers treated the elderly with respect and care.

Good place to work but without shortcomings

I loved working at Brewster Place. It is one of the best places i have ever worked. Management was a little absent sometimes, my coworkers and i got along good. I learned to be a better leader and manager of my time.

Pros

Good job benefits, good working environment

Cons

Management barely listens to workers, preferencial treatment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brewster Place. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3