Brewster Place Employee Reviews

Fast-paced but a good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 8, 2018
Brewster place is a nice place to work. I liked my co-workers and the residents. I would recommend it to a friend looking for a good job with health and vacation benefits.
Productive and fun place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 12, 2017
Brewster is a culture change community. The staff to elder ratio is great! Great benefits! Very active in getting the elders out in the community! Managment shows appreciation to staff often.
Pros
Free lunch, great elder to worker ratio
A wonderful place for seniors
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 11, 2017
This was a very fast paced work environment. I did admissions, discharges, treatments, medication administration. I took care of 2 different units. I learned a lot about time management and the importance of it. I enjoyed working with the elderly, although experiences with the families was not always favorable. I appreciated the culture they were trying to achieve for the residents.
Benefits
Cons
Too much reponsibilty being in charge of 2 units
Dietary Aide
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Brewster, MAOctober 9, 2017
I worked part time for Brewster Place for almost 2 years. I enjoyed the seniors and there families. Management was very fair and flexible with scheduling. I worked all holidays which I also enjoyed because some of the residence lacked family. Working with a great team made the job a great place to work.
Pros
free shift meal
Cons
no healthcare
Fairly easy
LPN (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 2, 2017
Good management. Great benefits. Some what slow paced, not too overwhelming. This not too much more to say. Its a very large campus. It has cottages, independent living, assisted living. Long term care, rehab and memory care units.
Unorganized
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 14, 2017
Very unorganized, but this also was my first job, so i appreciate every opportunity i was given. Just getting older you see the difference in places and how you would like to work.
Fun workplace, Clean, Great people to work with
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 13, 2016
It is a great company to work for. I would highly recommend someone about working for them. Management was very considering and patient. Very understanding as well.
A pretty good place for the elderly to live.A home like environment.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 25, 2015
It was a good experience. I really liked the team i worked with and the clients were really awesome. I liked helping the elderly people there.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
not enough staff
fun loving and interesting
Communications officer (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 23, 2014
The best part of working at Brewster Place was the residents. Very fun and enjoyable and you get the chance to interact and learn from them.
fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 2, 2014
I really liked working at brewster place even though I was a housekeeper. What make it fun was the people you worked with and the people you cleaned for.
Pros
Holiday Pay, Friendly People
Cons
had to push heavy cleaning carts up steep hills
fun loving place to work at great staff and management
security, receptionist, dispstcher, dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 20, 2013
switchboard, accepted payments, input data, transporter, I did multiple things here at this job I was getting promotions all the time to move up to a better position there. I loved working with the residents on a day to day basis and I really enjoyed this job there is really not anything I did not like
Great Place to Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 7, 2013
Being a CNA I am very grateful to have the opportunity to work at this facility. The staff are great, hours are very flexible, and the residents are wonderful as well. Being a CNA can be hard at times but I feel good at the end of a hard day.
Generaly enjoyable place, fast paced with lots of multi tasking involved.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 23, 2012
I begin my shift with a bunch of cooking. Cleaning as I go until we have our weekly meetings. Come back and finish all food preps then on to the last of the clean ups. I learned how to multi task on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was finishing all my tasks by the end of the day. i enjoyed the fast paced environment the most.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks and unmanagable coworkers
GReat Place to work
Certified activity director (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 12, 2012
Culture change Facility. Great work enviroment co-workers are great I loved the elders at this place. No bonuses or raises was a con of this job but the benefits are great here
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
short staffed at times