Brick Bodies

• Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Culture Heavily Depends Upon Management

It's an alright place to work. Not really for anyone looking to move up the ladder at all. They promote internally but after a while you grow stagnant.

I loved the people that I worked with and I loved our members!

I worked with Brick Bodies for a really long time. I was only part-time. I loved what I did and I loved who I worked with and I loved our members. There were some days when I didn't want to leave the gym!

Pros

Free Gym membership

Fun Energetic Workplace

It's a high paced workplace most days. There's always something going on that requires your attention, but the good thing is you've got a solid group of people behind you who want to see you succeed, who're willing to answer any questions and help you along the way. I think the hardest part of the job is just how long you have to be on your feet, up at the service desk there are no chairs or stools for you to sit on, so you spend your entire 4 or 5 hour shift on your feet. My favorite thing about this job is the people that I get to work with, we're such a tightknit group. We're always laughing and joking and it makes for a pleasurable work experience.

fun workplace

this is a place for people who like to work with children, have patience with them, and give the kids attention. you are the second parent and are resonsible for them.

Empty Promises

As a trainer, there will always be a promise for growth and development in the future. The work/life balance will never be there. They'll tell you that things will get better if you put the time in. It is part of the nature of training, but the company could be a lot more cohesive as well as open-minded to new ideas. I do believe it is an okay job to get started in the industry, but I would not invest a very long time here.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

It was ok when I started

Brick Bodies gave me wonderful opportunities when I first started. However, once they started to close locations I was unimpressed by how they handled the situation. My location and their management was wonderful, but the upper management was very stand-off ish to the employees who kept their company running.

Pros

Flexible hours, create your own schedule

Cons

Upper management; don't feel supported

Great people

I absolutely love the people that work in the office. They're all team players and willing to help with anything. The amount of ongoing meetings is a tad extreme and decisions take weeks to be made. While communication is executed by everyone efficiently, there are many times the blame is put on the team instead of the executives. There is little to no room for growth and most people are spread extremely thin within their roles. Over all, great place to work because the team makes the job bearable.

Pros

Free gym membership

Cons

Work overload

N/a

Not a bad place, Just no room for growth. Nice atmosphere. They switched to the Aquatics being run by a pool company. Which changed the culture in how they do business

Bad Management and Bad Pay

No matter what you do right at Brick Bodies, it is never enough for management. They tend to never notice any of the things you do right but only focus on your tiny mistakes. This will really get to you after awhile. Managers will also constantly forget things you tell them. It seems more like they hear what they want to hear. Even if you are making good money for for the company, your pay isn't going to be great. It's also a company that plays favorites for pay. I learned later that my base hourly pay was lower than new people they hired.

Pros

Cons

Bad management, bad pay, treat poorly

Great work environment and co-workers. Good pay and very flexible hours. Can be very fast or slow pace depending on the time of day that you work. Management is excellent; very concerned about the well being of their employees

Awesome Place to Work

I love going to work everyday at Brick Bodies. I typically train clients anywhere between 5:45-11:30 am and 4-7:30pm. Management is terrific and very supportive of my goals. I meet with my team leader once a month to discuss my goals for this month and how to best attain them.

gym job

well basically you're the person that cleans up all the weights in the facility and makes sure the spray bottles are filled, paper towels are filled, assist members with a spot if needed.

Personal Training

great way to get started in the personal training area but challenging work expectations; all driven out productivity without creating work/life balance for trainers.

customer service

talking to regular gym members on a daily basis. having to deal with 1000 of peoples and mult tasking everything at one time.

Pros

working out at the gym

Cons

being on your feet all day

Productive fun enviroment

10 hour work day How to manage a team Management was average Coworkers were easy to work with Managing different personalities Work Environment most enjoyable part of the job

Pros

Good work enviroment

Cons

Low compensation

B. BODIES planet fitness is what this sounds like

I worked for planet fitness of maryland and this sounds just like their description. While it is owned by brick bodies it is not. It is their planet fitness business that they own. While helping people try to achieve their fitness goals, the greatest benefit was the stable schedule. As a trainer for planet fitness their are no other benefits. You work 32 hours a week and they consider it part time so they do not give health insurance. I was told all trainers made $13.25 an hour and would make programs for up to 40 people a day and have to train up to 50 people a day to make your qouta. If you wanted to make more money you would have to give up the fitness training aspect and become an assistant manager which was chosen only by the regional manager that would only chose his close friends that had no background in fitness. I would not recommend working for this company as i saw many managers and trainers come and go. They do not take good care of their employees and growth is very limited. That is what I saw working for planet fitness of Maryland owned by Brick Bodies.

Pros

stable schedule

Cons

no benefits, slim chance of growing with this company, asked to train way to many people to focus on their goals

Could be better

Wasn't the worst job I ever had lol. ONly 4 hour shift. Members are friendly

Face paced workplace

Typical day included answering phones, checking in members, processing payments, and maintaining a clean environment for all guests and members of the gym. This job requires multitasking and keeping the best interest of the member in mind at all times.

Happy place with kids

I love working with kids so this place was really great to me. You learned something new about them everyday.

no job advancement opportunities

no job advancement opportunities, too many management changes, no full time positions, etc

Fun gym environment

Fun environment to work in. Helpful management, active gym environment. Should be paid more for tasks performed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brick Bodies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Brick Bodies