Brick Bodies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bad Management and Bad Pay
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2018
No matter what you do right at Brick Bodies, it is never enough for management. They tend to never notice any of the things you do right but only focus on your tiny mistakes. This will really get to you after awhile.

Managers will also constantly forget things you tell them. It seems more like they hear what they want to hear.

Even if you are making good money for for the company, your pay isn't going to be great. It's also a company that plays favorites for pay. I learned later that my base hourly pay was lower than new people they hired.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, bad pay, treat poorly
SERVICE DESK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDJune 9, 2017
Great work environment and co-workers. Good pay and very flexible hours. Can be very fast or slow pace depending on the time of day that you work. Management is excellent; very concerned about the well being of their employees
Awesome Place to Work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Perry Hall, MDApril 12, 2017
I love going to work everyday at Brick Bodies. I typically train clients anywhere between 5:45-11:30 am and 4-7:30pm. Management is terrific and very supportive of my goals. I meet with my team leader once a month to discuss my goals for this month and how to best attain them.
gym job
Fitness Coach (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 8, 2017
well basically you're the person that cleans up all the weights in the facility and makes sure the spray bottles are filled, paper towels are filled, assist members with a spot if needed.
Personal Training
Personal Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 4, 2016
great way to get started in the personal training area but challenging work expectations; all driven out productivity without creating work/life balance for trainers.
customer service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 3, 2016
talking to regular gym members on a daily basis.
having to deal with 1000 of peoples and mult tasking everything at one time.
Pros
working out at the gym
Cons
being on your feet all day
Productive fun enviroment
Membership Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2015
10 hour work day
How to manage a team
Management was average
Coworkers were easy to work with
Managing different personalities
Work Environment most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Low compensation
B. BODIES planet fitness is what this sounds like
fitess trainer (Former Employee) –  GaithersburgJanuary 3, 2015
I worked for planet fitness of maryland and this sounds just like their description. While it is owned by brick bodies it is not. It is their planet fitness business that they own. While helping people try to achieve their fitness goals, the greatest benefit was the stable schedule. As a trainer for planet fitness their are no other benefits. You work 32 hours a week and they consider it part time so they do not give health insurance. I was told all trainers made $13.25 an hour and would make programs for up to 40 people a day and have to train up to 50 people a day to make your qouta. If you wanted to make more money you would have to give up the fitness training aspect and become an assistant manager which was chosen only by the regional manager that would only chose his close friends that had no background in fitness. I would not recommend working for this company as i saw many managers and trainers come and go. They do not take good care of their employees and growth is very limited. That is what I saw working for planet fitness of Maryland owned by Brick Bodies.
Pros
stable schedule
Cons
no benefits, slim chance of growing with this company, asked to train way to many people to focus on their goals
Could be better
Front Counter Associate (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 20, 2014
Wasn't the worst job I ever had lol. ONly 4 hour shift. Members are friendly
Face paced workplace
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 1, 2014
Typical day included answering phones, checking in members, processing payments, and maintaining a clean environment for all guests and members of the gym. This job requires multitasking and keeping the best interest of the member in mind at all times.
Happy place with kids
Daycare Worker (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDSeptember 11, 2014
I love working with kids so this place was really great to me.
You learned something new about them everyday.
no job advancement opportunities
Swim Instructor, Pool Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 5, 2013
no job advancement opportunities, too many management changes, no full time positions, etc
Fun gym environment
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJuly 7, 2013
Fun environment to work in. Helpful management, active gym environment. Should be paid more for tasks performed.
Great Workplace
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDJune 18, 2013
A ton of hours but a great environment to spend your time in day-in and day-out.
Brick Bodies Review
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 16, 2012
Work with a wide range of clients from high school athletes to patients that are doctor prescribed for exercise. Clients goals typically range from weight loss and improving muscle tone to balance, decreasing flare-ups from cardiovascular disease, and increasing ease of daily living activities. My co-workers all have years of experience and are at least twice my age which works well for my growth as I am able to learn from them and incorporate it with the modern knowledge I have obtained from school and my experience. I thoroughly enjoy seeing my clients improve not only with their physical goals but mentally and emotionally as well. Seeing the connection they make emotionally to their physical goals exceeds any financial rewards.
Pros
great environment, co-workers, and members
Cons
peak gym hours can be frustrating to work through