Bridgeport Equipment and Tool Employee Reviews

Terrible management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHJuly 24, 2019
This review is for the Gallipolis store. I loved every one of my coworkers and had a fun relationship with them. The store manager has a terrible attitude and will constantly berate you and tear you down any chance he gets. He’s disrespectful and doesn’t know how to manage a store or customers. The guys at the top in Marietta don’t listen to reports of him or seem to care even though there is a massive turn over rate either from people quitting or from him firing people at the drop of a hat when he can’t control his anger. He’s abusive to work for. Stay away for your own sake!
Very unorganized
Sales / Rental (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJanuary 29, 2019
Difficult to work for. Very long hours. Benifits no very good. Management very unorganized. Large turnover on employees. Shop also had large employee turn over also.
Pros
Item discounts
Cons
Long hours. Worked lots of weekends
Would not recommend
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 25, 2018
Some days it can be a decent place. Others it’s cut throat. Everyone yelling at everyone. People with poor attitudes. Certain employees get to do what they want when they want with no consequences. Taking advantage of people. Try to make people quit so they don’t have to pay for unemployment. They don’t know how to treat employees. There’s a reason the turn over rate is so bad. Way to many people think they are a boss when they’re a nobody. Place has its “click” people who get away with everything an do very little an get away with it.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor treatment
Friendly Environment
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 14, 2018
Everyone who works there is layed back and friendly. Employees interact with management. Positive attitudes. Help one another when necessary. Clean and positive atmosphere to work in.
Productive and easy job
Weed eater (Current Employee) –  Pennsboro, WVAugust 6, 2018
Weedeating for bridgeport was a easy job for good money i would spend my weekend weedeating the graveyard and cleaning up everything so it would be done and bridge port equiptment would supply the weedeaters string and gas
Pros
Easy job breaks when needed supplied equiptment
Cons
Weather
Fast paced environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New Martinsville, WVJune 14, 2018
I am busy from start to finish. I am one that can not sit and tweedle my thumbs for 8 hours a day. I have to be busy, so the work environment suits me well.
Great
Trucking/Equipment Hauling (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 4, 2018
Great place to work. Customers that are delt with on a daily basis are great people. Secure work environment. Plenty of hours. Good benefits. Plenty of communication. Outstanding company overall.
Parts Salesman (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHOctober 10, 2017
This company is a great company to work for. They treat you fairly and respect you, which is hard to find in a job anymore. his is a laid back company to work for as well, which is nice.
Ok
Gun dept manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHSeptember 18, 2017
the only thing this place is really lacking in is the lack of benefits of and lack of also the of the ability of advancement
Pros
great people
mechanic
Yardman/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, OHAugust 6, 2017
has a good schedual pay wasn't the best but it wasn't terrible atbnthe time the people a good to you ntreated pretty well owner is very straight forward tells it how it is
8-5pm in the heat, or in the cold.
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 27, 2017
Most days I am in the shop working on equipment, and or operating them to make sure they function. I have learned many things since being on the job and have went to John Deere school to further my education.

Management is decent for the most part and easy to get along with. The workplace is between two hills with horses on one side of the shop from my bay where I work.

The hardest part of the job is going out in the field to fix a machine without proper tools or a proper work truck, but I enjoy being in the shop and the people I work with.
Pros
The pay isn't bad, and you don't have the boss breathing down your neck.
Cons
You don't get dental insurance, nore do you you get more than one week paid vacation no matter how long you work there.
good place to work
yard guy (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, OHMarch 14, 2017
This place is a great place to work at if you want hours. It's get to be around all kinds equipment learn how work and service the equipment. Would work there again.
Pros
anything you needed work why's you had it
Cons
bad benefits
great place to work.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Charleston WVJanuary 19, 2017
I worked for Bridgeport Equipment and Tool for about a 1.5 years. Overall I enjoyed my time there. Managers were reasonable down to earth people and I liked selling tractors. Unfortunately sales dropped out of season and I was laid off. If it hadnt been for that I would still be there
Pros
decent pay, reasonable managers, friendly atmosphere
Cons
job stability
Good money no family
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHAugust 19, 2015
This Work is long hours and no Work life. Also no advancement chances. Even though its more pay than I have ever made I never see my kids. When we want a weekend off its a fight,
Pros
good money
Cons
No time no over time and perfection is required.
Good place to work.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New Martinsville, WVMarch 15, 2015
Busy and time goes by fast. It is a pretty laid back place to work. The employees work closely together in a team effort each day.
Provided a stable job for several years.
Sales (Current Employee) –  New Martinsville, WVJanuary 3, 2015
BET is a small privately owned company and has it's positives and negatives.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
low advancement opportunity
Enjoyed the job. Customer flow and sales were great until Winter.
SALES AND SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, OHFebruary 17, 2014
Busy daily with customers or with assisting in other departments, stocking or cleaning.

Learned to work with engine repair department researching schematics for breakdown and repair and determining and ordering parts.

Increased my customer sales and service skills.

The management was fine. Really enjoyed the people I directly worked with.

Hardest part of the job was the fall off of customers in Winter, having my hours reduced in result, and finally having my job cut.

The enjoyable part of the job was advising customers for which products worked best for them, knowing enough to advise,and then making lots of sales.
Pros
Friends I made there
Cons
Seasonal sales decline