BRIDGES OF INDIANA Employee Reviews

Fraud and no affordable insurance
Admin Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 20, 2019
Their is so much fraud here it isn't funny, both time card and insurance. Can't afford the insurance. We are paid every two weeks and family plan is over $600.
Rewarding Career with a team approach
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 20, 2019
Bridges of Indiana provides a team approach to ensuring that every consumer is serviced and is being provided the best care. I go home every day knowing that I helped people. I can rest easy knowing that the consumers are being taken care of. My supervisor and coworkers are always available and willing to help in any way!
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Work remote and miss interaction in an office environment
Team effort
Customer Service Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INMay 4, 2019
I have worked in this field for over 10 years. This is by far the most team oriented group of individuals I have ever worked with. I don’t go to work with tension in the air anymore.
Pros
Good pay, team effort
Lies, Lies, & More Lies.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 14, 2019
Fraud, Abuse, & Lies. unfortunately I only worked at this place for a very short time I witness abuse from staff I was told to turn the other cheek by management. I was lied to I was lied on Bridges of Indiana is an unsafe business for people with disabilities.
fun work place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INApril 12, 2019
in home care, I was in charge of taking care of special needs clients. I did everything from helping them go to the bathroom to making them food. the hardest part of the job was having to leave. the most enjoyable was getting to work with all the wonderful people.
Company is a complete mess
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 10, 2019
No structure whatsoever not only is the very limited staff who know what there doing overworked there severly underpaid. They also expect you to spend your own money and take the clients anywhere they want. Not to mention getting ahold of management is impossible. They also allow the gaurdians to treat you awful and run the show biggest joje of a job ive ever had in 9 years exp in the field would rather work for mcdonalds cleaning toilets
Cons
Unresponsive managers, not enough pay to survive
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 16, 2019
No answer to my problems/questions(it's happened 3 or 4 times in 2 months). Is management really so incompetent that they don't know or remember that someone is WAITING for answers! And, unless you live with your parents/significant other and don't need money, or you plan to work 60 hours a week, you can't survive on their pay. It is sad because the work is meaningful and changes the lives of these special needs people. I love the work but have to survive and can't work full time SO I guess I'll go work at Wal-Mart or McDonald's where they pay $2-$5 more per hour!!

With all the negative reviews, you would think they'd do something to improve!
Pros
None yet except the clients.
Cons
Too few hours per client, can't get answers, pathetic pay for my position.
Rewarding employment
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 15, 2019
I enjoy working for bridges the company has always been fair to me and willing to work with schedule best suited . I have found this with other employees also. Working with the clients is rewarding and you get back as much as you give and more. A positive attitude goes along way. The managers have always been fair,personable and willing to compensate for emergencies that may arise with family situations or life in general. I think Bridges is a great company and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys caring for others and is looking for a rewarding job.
Pros
Working with the clients
Cons
Benefits affordable
Awful
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 9, 2019
I hated working for this company. The only thing good was spending time working and caring for my clients. If it wasn’t for them I would’ve left a long time before I did.
Lack of Training
CSFS (Former Employee) –  Columbus INFebruary 8, 2019
Bridges of Indiana attracts people with a big heart. The consumers you are helping will soon have your heart and it is a joy to help them. The problem with Bridges stems from zero training. You are thrown into your role and are expected to learn at a very fast paced. They expect you to build relationships with consumers but will ironically terminate employment for technicalities. Do NOT apply for the CSFS position unless you have no children and no significant other. It will take every living moment of your life. You are on call for weeks at a time. Upper management needs completely replaced for this to be considered a great place to work.
Job has equally good parts as it does bad parts.
Direct Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 7, 2019
I’ll start out by saying that Bridges doesn’t offer the best benefits and some days are extremely hard and fast paced. Some days you may feel undervalued and overworked.
I cannot speak for the higher ups as I’ve never met them and they turn down all criticism, but my main supervisors at my local office are the greatest humans.

They’re kind and understanding. They try their best to give you anything you request. Plus, the clients you take care of are so kind and funny; they make up for the other areas Bridges lacks.

I don’t mean for this review to be rude, but honest. It is an under paid position and some weeks you will feel overworked, but(!!!) they people make the job. They truly are awesome people and if I leave this job it will be so hard, because I love my clients and my bosses so much.
Pros
Great supervisors, paid drive time, flexible schedule, fun clients, group activities.
Cons
Need to be available almost 24/7, pay is unfair at times, no affordable health insurance, lots of driving, higher ups are money hungr
Poor upper management
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 20, 2019
Loved my job, loved working with consumers and their families. Even did not mind all the staff I dealt with daily. The one things that is bad is upper management. The lack of communication and how disorganized they are is unreal. It has become worse over the last 6 to 7 months. Their seems to be alot of you should do this or that, but they do nothing. It has baffled me how ignorant upper management is. Some simple fixes and right people in the right positions is all it would take to get this company where it needs to be. They have stopped caring about the consumer and started caring more about the money. They seem to be more worried about expanding into different states but can't seem to fix what's broken. In 2 months about 5 to 7 excellent employees (that had worked with the company 2 plus year) have left and others have one foot out the door.

Also the lack of pay they pay their DSP's is unreal especially when they have to drive consumers every where. I hated telling staff "hey can you drive this person here or there, oh by the way we aren't paying you mileage".
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor management
Very high standards for our clients because they deserved the best
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 8, 2019
Loved working with the clients on a one on one bases clients were of different ages and levels of care needed and provided they became like your second family.
Pros
All the hours you wanted
Cons
No full-time positions
Most people who worked there were incompetent
Service Coordinator/QMRP (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2018
This company had some of the most worthless staff I ever had the pleasure of knowing. People would no call and no show all the time or just up and quit without notice leaving managers to cancel their plans to cover shifts. Staff would whine and complain about how far they had to drive to cover a shift.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Having to supervise idiots
Great Work Place
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 8, 2018
Always got along with everyone on my team. Management was very helpful and understanding. Very family oriented and easy going. I very much enjoyed working for Bridges.
Only if desperate
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 3, 2018
I worked for this company for 8 months. I was constantly lied to or deceived. Myself among others were deceived into our positions with false promises. I feel that our clients and their families do not know the true nature of their care. Only work here if you are desperate! Management only cares for its own and will not enforce their own policies.
Pros
Taking PTO and sick time is usually not a problem
Cons
Scheduling, pay, management
Horrible Company
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INOctober 19, 2018
Wow this place is a joke. It was a professionally ran office when it opened but now the management is unprofessional and incompetent. Don't waste your time. They can't keep clients or workers.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
management, pay, benefits
Their mission is varied, doing good on meeting clients needs.
Client care staff (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, IN 47807October 3, 2018
Lower management is great, really supportive. Upper management is too busy cutting cost to worry about employee needs. I left this company when they hired a separate Human Resources instead of one in house. My employment was then changed from full time to part time with no notice. When finally corrected my reimbursement was still lacking so I decided it was time to find new employment.
Pros
Great feeling when working with handicapped
Cons
Never know what upper management will try next to cut the budget.
Culture of Incompetence
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INSeptember 27, 2018
This company... wow. That's all I can think to say right off the bat.
They will alternate between too many hours to not enough.
In my experiences, though being on the record as a full-time staff, I would work a total of 30 to 35 hours per week, but it's stretched over 6 days. 2 hours one day, 11 hours another. Some clients call in and you're out of luck.
Communication with management is sorely lacking.
On the plus side, Bridges of Indiana is not corrupt, like many other companies, such as the ARCs, but what it lacks in corruption, it more than makes up in incompetence.
Pros
Working in a job helping people.
Cons
Management. Clients' family.
No Chance of increase in Pay
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Griffith, INSeptember 12, 2018
Whatever your starting pay is, is what you leave with. There is no annual raises and Bridges does not protect against client/staff injuries. Great for job experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BRIDGES OF INDIANA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7