BRIDGES OF INDIANA Employee Reviews in Lafayette, IN

Poor company
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 18, 2018
Management is not very informative. Constant lies, poor pay, long days. You never know when your getting off work. Love working with my clients! Best part of my day is seeing the smile on there faces.
Pros
Seeing the smile on my clients faces
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication
Stay away from Bridges
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lafayette IndianaDecember 4, 2017
The consumers were amazing people, who I cared for a lot. The upper management was terrible, house manager was terrible. Pay was shxt. Working hours were long, anywhere from 8-24 hours.
Pros
Working with developmentally challenged individuals, staff, job duties
Cons
Pay checks, working hours, upper management
Bridges suck
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 27, 2017
you cant move on in the company. efforts are unrecognizable. Pay $10.00 an hour no raises after. Job is rewarding if you enjoy working with the mentally challenged.
Unproductive
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 22, 2017
Lack of Communication, and there is not any guidance. The training is poor and most of the time I feel as though I have no one to give me any answers of questions or concerns that I may have or need to address.
Pros
Flexable work schedule
Cons
Lack of Guidance and communication
Don't get confortable
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 23, 2017
I worked at the company for a long time and slowly watched it go down hill. Turn over rate is very high and communication is very low. Pay is good but they do not pay mileage and they do not provide a vehicle. They have a van which sits most of the time and they expect you to drive clients everywhere. Once you get comfortable with clients and everything is running smooth they move you. They have asked me to clock times that I was not with a client ( I refused b/c it is medicaid fraud). Social coordinators do lie and won't text back. Clients can beat you up and your not allowed to call cops until higher ups give you permission. Also they do have health and dental benefits but it will take at least a weeks worth of pay out of every pay check(bi- weekly checks) so not worth it! All in all staff that still work for this company deserve a lot more than what they get thrown at them everyday, and clients deserve better also.
Pros
Some clients
Cons
Everything but some clients.
Unfair to employees!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 26, 2017
I'm from Lafayette and the management here is terrible. They treat you like you're just a warm body. They abuse their authority. They're dishonest. I would never ever let a loved one be under this management. They are back stabbing and very two faced. I REALLY think they need to ALL be fired. This company looks terrible just because the Lafayette office is so disgraceful.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this location.
No stability
Direct Support Professional - Part-time (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 21, 2017
Not a stable work place. Not dependable schedule. They send u to any place knowing that there are bugs etc. Respect for their workers is lacking by most.
Pros
Hours to work as long as u can work whenever
Cons
Office needs structure
Great company
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 6, 2016
Haven't had any complaints thus far. The employees are very easy going and great to work with. I love the work atmosphere that Bridges provides for all their staff.