BRIDGES OF INDIANA Employee Reviews in Terre Haute, IN

Awful
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 9, 2019
I hated working for this company. The only thing good was spending time working and caring for my clients. If it wasn’t for them I would’ve left a long time before I did.
Cons
Their mission is varied, doing good on meeting clients needs.
Client care staff (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, IN 47807October 3, 2018
Lower management is great, really supportive. Upper management is too busy cutting cost to worry about employee needs. I left this company when they hired a separate Human Resources instead of one in house. My employment was then changed from full time to part time with no notice. When finally corrected my reimbursement was still lacking so I decided it was time to find new employment.
Pros
Great feeling when working with handicapped
Cons
Never know what upper management will try next to cut the budget.
They Suck
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 10, 2018
They are crooks.they are liers and cut throught people and they really do not care about the patients they are more worried about them selfs. not a good company at all to work with or for
Great clients great events for clients and staff. Management not great
In Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 11, 2018
I loved working here. The job was great the client's were great. Most co workers were awesome but management did not want to help when help was needed. On call didnt do thier job. Office management need improvement.
work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 28, 2018
Management is very poor. They can not keep anyone in the office for more than 2 months. They lack on providing staff for houses. The pay is not good. However, the clients can be the best part of your day outside of the company.
Pros
clients
Cons
management
poor management and staff
Personal Care Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 8, 2018
nobody cares about the clients. it made me sad to work there. the managers are not nice people and the employees treat the clients like garbage. i was one of the only employees that cared about my job.
Summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 12, 2017
direct care
no reimbursement
horrible communication
the company does not care about employees.
salary is maxed at $10 hour
they over promise to the consumers
bad place to work
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 14, 2017
Bad work environment. Lack of advancement. Your efforts go unrecognized and you are left to make up for the employees who fall short. Long hours and you are constantly asked to cover shifts that people dont show up for.
Good business
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Terre hauteMay 25, 2017
Great company to work for love the individuals we work with love the staff and employees just all around good company if you love working with others
caring, but crazy stressful.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 10, 2017
Coordinators really care but the atmosphere is stressful. They pay rather poorly, but the pay in on par with industry standards. This type of job simply doesn't pay very high.
Works with schedule, decent pay, not professional
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 9, 2016
Poor management skills and very unprofessional supervisors, they do work with schedules, not much room for pay advancements and not paid enough to put up with everything that you do, very rewarding job
Unorganized Company with rude staff
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 21, 2016
I had many bad experiences during my working there. A typical day at work included a lot of drama, rudeness, and stress. The management is very unorganized. My co-workers were very rude and dramatic.
Horrible
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 24, 2016
Worked for this company and the coordinators are horrible, they have no respect for the staff and they are not professional at all..they do not pay enough to put up with what the stuff staff put up with..a lot of the staff are lazy, they leave the house dirty and they sleep on their shifts when they aren't suppose to ..On the plus side I loved the clients i worked with, they are the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
Pros
clients were amazing
Horrible
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 11, 2016
This place is poorly ran. The service coordinators suck and the director throws staff under the bus at any chance she gets. The pay is horrible and staff never show up to work. You can never have time off because you are always called into work.
Pros
clients
Cons
everyhing else
fun workplace
Home Care Taker (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 29, 2016
Working for Bridges has Helped me manage the emotions of myself and to listen patiently with the clients. the learning experience of each client helped me get to know their needs
The Co-workers were patient and helpful
Pros
Good Co-workers
Working with customers was enjoyable most of the time. Management was ok most of the time
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 27, 2015
Mixed feelings on company. I enjoyed working there most of the time. It has its ups and downs. Hours were fine; loved working with coworkers;I helped out whenever I could and volunteered with clients for a lot of the activities. Some of the management was disorganized and fired workers without any proof or documentation. That's there call. They don't need a reason since Indiana is a no fault state. I think that is wrong for any company. It's like being found guilty before proven innocent. It's like being found guilty and hanged without any trial. Who invented this rule? I guess it's the only way Indiana can bring in jobs. Not holding companies accountable for their actions. What's the world coming to.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Low Pay/Management
love what i do
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 4, 2015
I love what I do, but I disagree with some things and I believe workers deserve more pay and mileage. It is truly a job from the heart and that is the reward.
horrible place to work
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 30, 2014
Not compensated for hours worked. Office is unprofessional. Co-workers are unprofessional and uneducated.
Easy job with great consumers
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 21, 2014
I loved this job but had to change my school schedule to work with my clients.
Not very good
Service Coordinator/Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 6, 2014
I loved the nature of the job but there was no gas reimbursement and we were expected to drive all over the place. Also, staff don't like to work and or stay due to lack of benefits. I was working well into the night many nights and at houses all the time due to lack of staffing. I had no personal life when I worked there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BRIDGES OF INDIANA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7