BRIDGES OF INDIANA Employee Reviews in Vincennes, IN

Team effort
Customer Service Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INMay 4, 2019
I have worked in this field for over 10 years. This is by far the most team oriented group of individuals I have ever worked with. I don’t go to work with tension in the air anymore.
Pros
Good pay, team effort
fun work place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INApril 12, 2019
in home care, I was in charge of taking care of special needs clients. I did everything from helping them go to the bathroom to making them food. the hardest part of the job was having to leave. the most enjoyable was getting to work with all the wonderful people.
Good for a temporary position
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INMay 9, 2018
The work environment changes from place to place, given this agency is a home health based agency. However, when I worked there, the management staff were less than professional. No one could ever keep a person's work schedule properly maintained. People would be overly scheduled at one house, and not even scheduled for another. There were times when a client was supposed to have a home health aide at their residence, and no one was scheduled to be there. And when the case workers and management were notified, they seemed less than interested. So the aides had to take it upon themselves to figure out who could go and help with the client who was without an aide.
Pros
The clients I had were fun and nice to be around.
Cons
poor management, inconsistent hours, lack of communication.
Flexible work environment perfect for college job.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INFebruary 14, 2018
Working at bridges has provided my family and I opportunities in this little town that I never expected. They pay better than most low end jobs with no skill required to sign up. They work with you on hours and what xlients you think you can handle. I have never had a real issue with this company, and have always been treated fairly by my managers. Working here, even temporarily, would be a good decision.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Commute time
One of my favorite places of employment.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INMarch 21, 2017
Very fun environment and love all of my consumers. However, the only downfall of this workplace, is the lack of communication. There are a couple of things that could be worked on in the office.
Fun place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INFebruary 17, 2017
Great place to work. I got to meet new people almost daily. I am so happy I had the opportunity to work for such a great company. The management team was great
Wonderful Job for college Students.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INDecember 28, 2016
Wonderful job for people that are busy and stay in their cars a lot. The company as a whole is a wonderful company but the Vincennes, IN location it don't like to work schedule and it's either they way or no way. Make sure your schedule is what you really want cause they rarely work with your life schedule if it happens to change or something pop up.
Pros
You meet wonderful people and gain communication experince.
Cons
You put a lot of miles on your car and they have a very low gas mileage pay.
Horrible Management / Hostile Work Environment
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 20, 2016
I would get yelled at daily by coworkers and my boss would do nothing. Also my co-workers would steal pills from consumers.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Hostile Work Enviornment
A mess of an employer
DSP (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INFebruary 1, 2015
In the short time I've been at this job, I've enjoyed it, my previous job was a lot like it, but Bridges is VERY different. Ran [poorly] by a handful of people who for the life of them cannot work with anyone or manage a friendly personality for 5 minutes. Constant schedule conflicts and shift changes, and multiple employees being led constantly into confusion by poor management. While I enjoy my job thoroughly, management at Bridges has been a drag.
Pros
Working with unique people, and meeting even more, constantly busy.
Cons
Constant shift changes and confusion, no one showing up to shifts, and management failing to answer phones.
Providing Care for people who are mentally disable.
Home Health Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INAugust 6, 2013
Taking care of mentally challenged people including cooking, transporting, giving medication and bathing.
Caring for my clients was such a rewarding gift.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INSeptember 6, 2012
I became very close to my clients and their family. While I would work long hours and many days a week, I loved what I did. Seeing the smile on their faces when I made them laugh was such a priceless memory. My co-workers were always on the same page and we never argued. I learned from working with this company that we can not take our abilities for granted, because there are people out there who struggle with daily tasks. Since I began working for this company, I knew right then and there that I would want to make this my career decision.
Decent money, good schedule.
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INJuly 9, 2012
Management is horrible. People who deserve to be terminated are not.
Pros
decent pay for the area.
Cons
horrible management.