BRIDGES OF INDIANA Employee Reviews for Direct Support Professional

fun work place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INApril 12, 2019
in home care, I was in charge of taking care of special needs clients. I did everything from helping them go to the bathroom to making them food. the hardest part of the job was having to leave. the most enjoyable was getting to work with all the wonderful people.
Company is a complete mess
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 10, 2019
No structure whatsoever not only is the very limited staff who know what there doing overworked there severly underpaid. They also expect you to spend your own money and take the clients anywhere they want. Not to mention getting ahold of management is impossible. They also allow the gaurdians to treat you awful and run the show biggest joje of a job ive ever had in 9 years exp in the field would rather work for mcdonalds cleaning toilets
Cons
Unresponsive managers, not enough pay to survive
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 16, 2019
No answer to my problems/questions(it's happened 3 or 4 times in 2 months). Is management really so incompetent that they don't know or remember that someone is WAITING for answers! And, unless you live with your parents/significant other and don't need money, or you plan to work 60 hours a week, you can't survive on their pay. It is sad because the work is meaningful and changes the lives of these special needs people. I love the work but have to survive and can't work full time SO I guess I'll go work at Wal-Mart or McDonald's where they pay $2-$5 more per hour!!

With all the negative reviews, you would think they'd do something to improve!
Pros
None yet except the clients.
Cons
Too few hours per client, can't get answers, pathetic pay for my position.
Rewarding employment
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 15, 2019
I enjoy working for bridges the company has always been fair to me and willing to work with schedule best suited . I have found this with other employees also. Working with the clients is rewarding and you get back as much as you give and more. A positive attitude goes along way. The managers have always been fair,personable and willing to compensate for emergencies that may arise with family situations or life in general. I think Bridges is a great company and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys caring for others and is looking for a rewarding job.
Pros
Working with the clients
Cons
Benefits affordable
Awful
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 9, 2019
I hated working for this company. The only thing good was spending time working and caring for my clients. If it wasn’t for them I would’ve left a long time before I did.
Great Work Place
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 8, 2018
Always got along with everyone on my team. Management was very helpful and understanding. Very family oriented and easy going. I very much enjoyed working for Bridges.
Horrible Company
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INOctober 19, 2018
Wow this place is a joke. It was a professionally ran office when it opened but now the management is unprofessional and incompetent. Don't waste your time. They can't keep clients or workers.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
management, pay, benefits
Culture of Incompetence
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INSeptember 27, 2018
This company... wow. That's all I can think to say right off the bat.
They will alternate between too many hours to not enough.
In my experiences, though being on the record as a full-time staff, I would work a total of 30 to 35 hours per week, but it's stretched over 6 days. 2 hours one day, 11 hours another. Some clients call in and you're out of luck.
Communication with management is sorely lacking.
On the plus side, Bridges of Indiana is not corrupt, like many other companies, such as the ARCs, but what it lacks in corruption, it more than makes up in incompetence.
Pros
Working in a job helping people.
Cons
Management. Clients' family.
No Chance of increase in Pay
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Griffith, INSeptember 12, 2018
Whatever your starting pay is, is what you leave with. There is no annual raises and Bridges does not protect against client/staff injuries. Great for job experience.
Bad Place to Work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 10, 2018
This place is a joke, they never have hours and when they do they call you an hour before hand and tell you to be in to work. They don't pay well at all and I would never recommend this place. The management is terrible there.
Terrible
DSP (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 11, 2018
Hated working here. The management was catty, and only liked you based on how much you worked whenever called in, and when ever you told on a coworker.
They Suck
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 10, 2018
They are crooks.they are liers and cut throught people and they really do not care about the patients they are more worried about them selfs. not a good company at all to work with or for
Back stabbing, poorly ran, poorly managed and greedy
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 28, 2018
I had worked in this field for over 20 years and this company has put me in a position where I had to walk away. I miss the clientele I worked for and that is all. I have found that this agency as well as others lack compassion for their fellow man and value the dollar over anything else. I found nepotism, and poor business management to be a crippling factor in this company in particular. They knowing allow medicaid fraud go on because they are making a dollar. If they feel that you are a threat because of knowledge of such things they will terminate you. Indiana is an work at will state, which basically means that the need no reason to terminate you.
Pros
Clientele
Cons
Corruption, poor business management causing lose of clientele
Fun working environment
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 9, 2018
One of the best jobs I have had. Very relaxed and a lot of fun activities with clients. Great job to have while attending school because they will create schedule to work with your availability.
clients are great
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 7, 2018
clients are great some of the staff was great. Management tried to pit staff against staff against the house leads. The management will tell you what you want to hear to keep you there, I was driving 100 plus miles everyday just to work there. and they do not pay travel pay
Pros
clients
Cons
management
New management is clueless
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 31, 2018
Recently changed management. Very unprofessional and has no clue about what they are doing. Clearly had no prior experience. Poor patient care and lack of compassion.
Pros
I worked when I wanted to
Cons
Ridiculous management
work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 28, 2018
Management is very poor. They can not keep anyone in the office for more than 2 months. They lack on providing staff for houses. The pay is not good. However, the clients can be the best part of your day outside of the company.
Pros
clients
Cons
management
Productive and rewarding job
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2018
I have only worked at Bridges only a few months. I enjoy that I can make my own schedule and get the rewarding chance to help somebody in need. Management is kind, works with you, and is their anytime you need them.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Can be stressful
Flexible work environment perfect for college job.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INFebruary 14, 2018
Working at bridges has provided my family and I opportunities in this little town that I never expected. They pay better than most low end jobs with no skill required to sign up. They work with you on hours and what xlients you think you can handle. I have never had a real issue with this company, and have always been treated fairly by my managers. Working here, even temporarily, would be a good decision.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Commute time
Stay away from Bridges
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lafayette IndianaDecember 4, 2017
The consumers were amazing people, who I cared for a lot. The upper management was terrible, house manager was terrible. Pay was shxt. Working hours were long, anywhere from 8-24 hours.
Pros
Working with developmentally challenged individuals, staff, job duties
Cons
Pay checks, working hours, upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BRIDGES OF INDIANA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7