BRIDGES OF INDIANA Employee Reviews

Company that cares about their consumers!
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Bridges of Indiana and have seen many employees that truly care about their consumers. Although the job can be challenging, it is a rewarding place to work and see the consumers reach their goals and develop meaningful relationships with their caregivers.
I plan on working here until I retire
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 5, 2018
I love this company. They didn't care about my age, they cared about me caring about the clients and being able to self-manage. They welcome good ideas from all levels. If you are willing to bust your behind, it is rewarded. It is a great place for people who are self-starters and want to make a difference.

It is not a great place for people who like drama or are not willing to go the extra mile. It is also not a great place if you can't draw a line between professional and home life.

For me, it has been an environment I thrive in and it is very satisfying to be making a difference to individuals and families.
Pros
Hard work is appreciated. There is opportunity for advancement and sharing of ideas is encouraged.
Cons
Benefits are not as strong as they could be for some people
Bad Place to Work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 10, 2018
This place is a joke, they never have hours and when they do they call you an hour before hand and tell you to be in to work. They don't pay well at all and I would never recommend this place. The management is terrible there.
Terrible
DSP (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 11, 2018
Hated working here. The management was catty, and only liked you based on how much you worked whenever called in, and when ever you told on a coworker.
They Suck
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 10, 2018
They are crooks.they are liers and cut throught people and they really do not care about the patients they are more worried about them selfs. not a good company at all to work with or for
Na
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2018
Typical day for me was taken my client out in the community or whatever he wanted to do that day. I worked with a client I was very fimilar with on a daily so the job was very easy
Back stabbing, poorly ran, poorly managed and greedy
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 28, 2018
I had worked in this field for over 20 years and this company has put me in a position where I had to walk away. I miss the clientele I worked for and that is all. I have found that this agency as well as others lack compassion for their fellow man and value the dollar over anything else. I found nepotism, and poor business management to be a crippling factor in this company in particular. They knowing allow medicaid fraud go on because they are making a dollar. If they feel that you are a threat because of knowledge of such things they will terminate you. Indiana is an work at will state, which basically means that the need no reason to terminate you.
Pros
Clientele
Cons
Corruption, poor business management causing lose of clientele
Good for a temporary position
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INMay 9, 2018
The work environment changes from place to place, given this agency is a home health based agency. However, when I worked there, the management staff were less than professional. No one could ever keep a person's work schedule properly maintained. People would be overly scheduled at one house, and not even scheduled for another. There were times when a client was supposed to have a home health aide at their residence, and no one was scheduled to be there. And when the case workers and management were notified, they seemed less than interested. So the aides had to take it upon themselves to figure out who could go and help with the client who was without an aide.
Pros
The clients I had were fun and nice to be around.
Cons
poor management, inconsistent hours, lack of communication.
Nice
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2018
It started out very nice until I had one of my clients taken which was my 40 hr. a week and ruined my household along with me taking care of my disabled son.
Pros
Loved working with the disabled
Cons
To many last minutes
Great clients great events for clients and staff. Management not great
In Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 11, 2018
I loved working here. The job was great the client's were great. Most co workers were awesome but management did not want to help when help was needed. On call didnt do thier job. Office management need improvement.
Fun working environment
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 9, 2018
One of the best jobs I have had. Very relaxed and a lot of fun activities with clients. Great job to have while attending school because they will create schedule to work with your availability.
clients are great
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 7, 2018
clients are great some of the staff was great. Management tried to pit staff against staff against the house leads. The management will tell you what you want to hear to keep you there, I was driving 100 plus miles everyday just to work there. and they do not pay travel pay
Pros
clients
Cons
management
Worst company I've ever associated with
Other Experience (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 3, 2018
They dispose of their workers without notice instead of following through on their own policies and guarantees. They show no care in the therapeutic process or relationships built with consumers, only caring about numbers. They force you to comply to their standards and then dispose of you when they don't want to invest in you. Run far far away from this company before they ruin your career. If you do find yourselves involved with them, get a lawyer before signing anything.
Pros
Consumers
Cons
Lies
New management is clueless
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 31, 2018
Recently changed management. Very unprofessional and has no clue about what they are doing. Clearly had no prior experience. Poor patient care and lack of compassion.
Pros
I worked when I wanted to
Cons
Ridiculous management
work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 28, 2018
Management is very poor. They can not keep anyone in the office for more than 2 months. They lack on providing staff for houses. The pay is not good. However, the clients can be the best part of your day outside of the company.
Pros
clients
Cons
management
Productive and rewarding job
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2018
I have only worked at Bridges only a few months. I enjoy that I can make my own schedule and get the rewarding chance to help somebody in need. Management is kind, works with you, and is their anytime you need them.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Can be stressful
Flexible work environment perfect for college job.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INFebruary 14, 2018
Working at bridges has provided my family and I opportunities in this little town that I never expected. They pay better than most low end jobs with no skill required to sign up. They work with you on hours and what xlients you think you can handle. I have never had a real issue with this company, and have always been treated fairly by my managers. Working here, even temporarily, would be a good decision.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Commute time
poor management and staff
Personal Care Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 8, 2018
nobody cares about the clients. it made me sad to work there. the managers are not nice people and the employees treat the clients like garbage. i was one of the only employees that cared about my job.
Fun and great schedule to work with.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/HHA (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2018
I like working with this company because the schedulers work around your schedule. It’s also enjoyable because of the clients. And you’re able to take client on outings.
Pros
Picking your own schedule
Cons
The pay
Poor company
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 18, 2018
Management is not very informative. Constant lies, poor pay, long days. You never know when your getting off work. Love working with my clients! Best part of my day is seeing the smile on there faces.
Pros
Seeing the smile on my clients faces
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BRIDGES OF INDIANA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7