BRIDGES OF INDIANA Employee Reviews

Phenomenal Place to work!
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2018
Bridges of Indiana is a company that truly cares about their clients. The management and supervisors are phenomenal. The pay rate is a bit low compared to other companies within the field. The employees work collaboratively and there is an abundance of support if needed.
Pros
Supervisors, Flexibility, Work Environment
Cons
Pay Rate, Benefits
Stay away from Bridges
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lafayette IndianaDecember 4, 2017
The consumers were amazing people, who I cared for a lot. The upper management was terrible, house manager was terrible. Pay was shxt. Working hours were long, anywhere from 8-24 hours.
Pros
Working with developmentally challenged individuals, staff, job duties
Cons
Pay checks, working hours, upper management
Poor management
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INNovember 8, 2017
Would not recommend this employer to anyone else the management is poor communication with staff is poor and unfair and they are not truthful about hours or scheduling
Pros
Clients were amazing
Cons
Management poor
Summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 12, 2017
direct care
no reimbursement
horrible communication
the company does not care about employees.
salary is maxed at $10 hour
they over promise to the consumers
Bridges suck
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 27, 2017
you cant move on in the company. efforts are unrecognizable. Pay $10.00 an hour no raises after. Job is rewarding if you enjoy working with the mentally challenged.
bad place to work
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 14, 2017
Bad work environment. Lack of advancement. Your efforts go unrecognized and you are left to make up for the employees who fall short. Long hours and you are constantly asked to cover shifts that people dont show up for.
They are okay company
DSP/Lead (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 14, 2017
I just feel you can't move up in the company I like that I can make my own schedule I don't like to think that I have to use my own gas very hard when you're in between work
Pros
You can make your own schedule
Cons
You can't make no more than $10
Unproductive
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 22, 2017
Lack of Communication, and there is not any guidance. The training is poor and most of the time I feel as though I have no one to give me any answers of questions or concerns that I may have or need to address.
Pros
Flexable work schedule
Cons
Lack of Guidance and communication
stressful
Service Coordinator/QMRP (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2017
I had to babysit some of the most immature and ghetto staff. They never took their job seriously and I was always having to pick up slack for them. I never had any free time because I was always working.
Pros
great pay
Cons
idiot ghetto staff
Good business
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Terre hauteMay 25, 2017
Great company to work for love the individuals we work with love the staff and employees just all around good company if you love working with others
Don't get confortable
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 23, 2017
I worked at the company for a long time and slowly watched it go down hill. Turn over rate is very high and communication is very low. Pay is good but they do not pay mileage and they do not provide a vehicle. They have a van which sits most of the time and they expect you to drive clients everywhere. Once you get comfortable with clients and everything is running smooth they move you. They have asked me to clock times that I was not with a client ( I refused b/c it is medicaid fraud). Social coordinators do lie and won't text back. Clients can beat you up and your not allowed to call cops until higher ups give you permission. Also they do have health and dental benefits but it will take at least a weeks worth of pay out of every pay check(bi- weekly checks) so not worth it! All in all staff that still work for this company deserve a lot more than what they get thrown at them everyday, and clients deserve better also.
Pros
Some clients
Cons
Everything but some clients.
caring, but crazy stressful.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 10, 2017
Coordinators really care but the atmosphere is stressful. They pay rather poorly, but the pay in on par with industry standards. This type of job simply doesn't pay very high.
Absolutely unprofessional work culture
Behavioral Consultant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 28, 2017
If you want to work for an agency where you never meet your Manager or receive any feedback or support, I recommend working for Bridges. I voluntarily left a job to work there for less pay due to the "flexible work schedule." I usually worked 6 days a week, and there was NO supervision/staffing available when needed. I actually got a derisive email back from my Manager when I asked to meet for supervision. In the Mental Health world, supervision/staffing is standard best practice. There was absolutely NO training provided other than some powerpoints, peer training and eventually a group 2 1/2 day training 4 months after I began working there. If you enjoy working with clients and not doing secretarial work, I would suggest looking for a different agency. I found out AFTER i was hired that client contact was only 40% of the job. I still have some ethical questions about their billing practices as well. I suggest you look further if you want to work for an organization that prides itself on leadership, communication, diversity, and true teamwork.
Pros
clients were enjoyable
Cons
the agency is a mess leadership wise
Nice laid back work not ran to code fully.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 27, 2017
No room for advancement and top off pay $10.00 an hour no raises after. Most come in starting $10.00 an hour. Job is rewarding if you enjoy working with the mentally challenged.
Pros
Get to help the mentally challenged
Cons
High turn over rate
Unfair to employees!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 26, 2017
I'm from Lafayette and the management here is terrible. They treat you like you're just a warm body. They abuse their authority. They're dishonest. I would never ever let a loved one be under this management. They are back stabbing and very two faced. I REALLY think they need to ALL be fired. This company looks terrible just because the Lafayette office is so disgraceful.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this location.
No stability
Direct Support Professional - Part-time (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 21, 2017
Not a stable work place. Not dependable schedule. They send u to any place knowing that there are bugs etc. Respect for their workers is lacking by most.
Pros
Hours to work as long as u can work whenever
Cons
Office needs structure
One of my favorite places of employment.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INMarch 21, 2017
Very fun environment and love all of my consumers. However, the only downfall of this workplace, is the lack of communication. There are a couple of things that could be worked on in the office.
Fun and rewarding career
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 14, 2017
If your looking for a constent schedule or picky with individuals and consumer needs this job is not for you. If your a college student and need a company to work with you and another schedule this is a company you'd like to work for.
Pros
Not paid gas mileage
Cons
Rewarding career
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 11, 2017
Love working with colleagues and consumers. Management is willing to listen to staff and work to solve issues if they arise. Consumers are grateful and so are their families. I take my consumers to shop, the mall, bank, fun events and help them have a meaningful day. Love what I do!
Pros
Colleagues, Consumers Work is fulfilling
Fun place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INFebruary 17, 2017
Great place to work. I got to meet new people almost daily. I am so happy I had the opportunity to work for such a great company. The management team was great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BRIDGES OF INDIANA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7