BRIDGES OF INDIANA Employee Reviews

Wonderful Job for college Students.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INDecember 28, 2016
Wonderful job for people that are busy and stay in their cars a lot. The company as a whole is a wonderful company but the Vincennes, IN location it don't like to work schedule and it's either they way or no way. Make sure your schedule is what you really want cause they rarely work with your life schedule if it happens to change or something pop up.
Pros
You meet wonderful people and gain communication experince.
Cons
You put a lot of miles on your car and they have a very low gas mileage pay.
Works with schedule, decent pay, not professional
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 9, 2016
Poor management skills and very unprofessional supervisors, they do work with schedules, not much room for pay advancements and not paid enough to put up with everything that you do, very rewarding job
Unorganized Company with rude staff
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 21, 2016
I had many bad experiences during my working there. A typical day at work included a lot of drama, rudeness, and stress. The management is very unorganized. My co-workers were very rude and dramatic.
Idiots
Slave (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INSeptember 30, 2016
The new albany office is horrible. Haley lashbrooks has no idea what she is doing. She will lie to your face just to get you to work with a clients. I was told my pay would go up because I was promoted to house lead. I then got attacked by a client, got bit on the arm and proceeded to be fired. Also when we moved clients into their new home, she was supposed to drive the truck to move them but he fat self instead had my brother and I drive it, which we were not supposed to because it was in her name!!! Do not work for bridges of indiana!!! They should be shut down!
Horrible
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 24, 2016
Worked for this company and the coordinators are horrible, they have no respect for the staff and they are not professional at all..they do not pay enough to put up with what the stuff staff put up with..a lot of the staff are lazy, they leave the house dirty and they sleep on their shifts when they aren't suppose to ..On the plus side I loved the clients i worked with, they are the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
Pros
clients were amazing
Absolutly loved it there.
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 9, 2016
Amazing place to work. Great people. New Experiences everyday. Nice place to work. Awesome Clients to take care of ranging from all ages and all kinds of different disabilities.
Great company
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 6, 2016
Haven't had any complaints thus far. The employees are very easy going and great to work with. I love the work atmosphere that Bridges provides for all their staff.
Horrible
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 11, 2016
This place is poorly ran. The service coordinators suck and the director throws staff under the bus at any chance she gets. The pay is horrible and staff never show up to work. You can never have time off because you are always called into work.
Pros
clients
Cons
everyhing else
Office was a big joke
Office (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 13, 2016
Worked for a manager who only cared about making himself look good. Rules changed on a whim. People did whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. Felt like I was in high school again working there.
fun workplace
Home Care Taker (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 29, 2016
Working for Bridges has Helped me manage the emotions of myself and to listen patiently with the clients. the learning experience of each client helped me get to know their needs
The Co-workers were patient and helpful
Pros
Good Co-workers
Horrible Management / Hostile Work Environment
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 20, 2016
I would get yelled at daily by coworkers and my boss would do nothing. Also my co-workers would steal pills from consumers.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Hostile Work Enviornment
Working with customers was enjoyable most of the time. Management was ok most of the time
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 27, 2015
Mixed feelings on company. I enjoyed working there most of the time. It has its ups and downs. Hours were fine; loved working with coworkers;I helped out whenever I could and volunteered with clients for a lot of the activities. Some of the management was disorganized and fired workers without any proof or documentation. That's there call. They don't need a reason since Indiana is a no fault state. I think that is wrong for any company. It's like being found guilty before proven innocent. It's like being found guilty and hanged without any trial. Who invented this rule? I guess it's the only way Indiana can bring in jobs. Not holding companies accountable for their actions. What's the world coming to.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Low Pay/Management
Supportive staff
Music Therapy Contractor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2015
The employees at this company are extremely supportive. However, most of the workers are contract positions. It is a personal preference, but I would prefer the structure of a direct employee position.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
inconsistent schedules at times
Direct Spport
Direct Support Professional (Caregiver) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaJune 25, 2015
Good job, great benefits, very helpful company. Assisting clients. Transportation and making sure clients are supported on a day to day.
love what i do
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 4, 2015
I love what I do, but I disagree with some things and I believe workers deserve more pay and mileage. It is truly a job from the heart and that is the reward.
Great place to get training with disabled population
Director (Former Employee) –  INMarch 18, 2015
Working with the aged and disabled population is a wonderful experience. Learning all aspects of the state waiver program is a great skill set to have.

Working with upper management is often time difficult and retention of staff and management is not present.
Pros
Great contact and learning exerpience with the aged & disabled population
Cons
Compay has process problems along with longetive in retention of staff & management
A mess of an employer
DSP (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INFebruary 1, 2015
In the short time I've been at this job, I've enjoyed it, my previous job was a lot like it, but Bridges is VERY different. Ran [poorly] by a handful of people who for the life of them cannot work with anyone or manage a friendly personality for 5 minutes. Constant schedule conflicts and shift changes, and multiple employees being led constantly into confusion by poor management. While I enjoy my job thoroughly, management at Bridges has been a drag.
Pros
Working with unique people, and meeting even more, constantly busy.
Cons
Constant shift changes and confusion, no one showing up to shifts, and management failing to answer phones.
Awesome rewarding job!
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2014
Awesome rewarding job!
Love working with our clients and providing an awesome service for them to get out into the community and the ability to be successful in their daily life!
horrible place to work
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 30, 2014
Not compensated for hours worked. Office is unprofessional. Co-workers are unprofessional and uneducated.
Patient care
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part about this job was the patients. Management was poor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BRIDGES OF INDIANA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7