BRIDGES OF INDIANA Employee Reviews

Not very good
Service Coordinator/Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 6, 2014
I loved the nature of the job but there was no gas reimbursement and we were expected to drive all over the place. Also, staff don't like to work and or stay due to lack of benefits. I was working well into the night many nights and at houses all the time due to lack of staffing. I had no personal life when I worked there.
A day at bridges
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 18, 2013
I actually LOVED working at bridges! The only thing is, they don't pay mileage and you HAVE to take clients where they want to go no matter how far, and also they could ever hardly give you 40 in one place. Sometimes you would get 2 hours here 10 hours there, and they wouldn't be close to you house at all.
Pleasant atmosphere but worked several hours
QMRP (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 18, 2013
I enjoyed being able to work hands on with the clients as well as gaining managerial experience.
Training was poor for when I first started due to it being my first professional experience.
Coworkers were fabulous.
Pros
Gaining managerial experience
Cons
Lack of Training
Providing Care for people who are mentally disable.
Home Health Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INAugust 6, 2013
Taking care of mentally challenged people including cooking, transporting, giving medication and bathing.
Clients are enjoyable
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 25, 2012
Since I work with special needs , I go into the clients house & provide the care. I have learned that when taking care of people , I am no longer my main priority , they are. The management was pretty nice , but had troubles findings replacements when things/obsticules within my own life occur upon warning. Since I give private care , I only work with my clients & their familes, though they vary. The hardest part of my job would honestly be excepting the paywages. I love doing everything else within my job, becauase i am takinf care of poepl , which is my dream goal in life.
Caring for my clients was such a rewarding gift.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INSeptember 6, 2012
I became very close to my clients and their family. While I would work long hours and many days a week, I loved what I did. Seeing the smile on their faces when I made them laugh was such a priceless memory. My co-workers were always on the same page and we never argued. I learned from working with this company that we can not take our abilities for granted, because there are people out there who struggle with daily tasks. Since I began working for this company, I knew right then and there that I would want to make this my career decision.
caring
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 13, 2012
typical day at work would be going into homes and caring for those with disabilities. I learned a lot from patience to understanding. Management needs some improvement on. The hardest part of my job was leaving my heart at home and doing my job. the most enjoyable part of it was getting to know each and everyone of my clients
Pros
co workers
Cons
breaks
Decent money, good schedule.
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INJuly 9, 2012
Management is horrible. People who deserve to be terminated are not.
Pros
decent pay for the area.
Cons
horrible management.
Assisting mentally or physically disabled individuals on a day to day basis
Responsibilities - Assisting (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 3, 2012
Making a difference in another persons life and being a reliable person at the same time. Putting a smile on another persons face. Helping or teaching individuals the things they may need to know to help them become a successful person.
Pros
understanding, enjoyable, fun, romodel
Cons
n/a