Bridgestone Americas Employee Reviews

Found 835 reviews matching the search See all 1,155 reviews
Fast pace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Morrison, TNFebruary 6, 2019
Fast pace they want their numbers so you can’t be to picky with your work it’s hurry up so you can make their numbers the long shift wasn’t bad got harassed but some employees which made it miserable to go to work
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stinky place and you smell like tires
Cars cars
Manager (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 5, 2019
Always take care of the boss. Boss is number one
Ability to succeed and grow in the company
Lots of training for those who want to go further in the conpany
Pros
Good people
Cons
Good company to work for.
Tire Building and Curing Manager (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 1, 2019
Bridgestone Firestone is a good company to work for. They are interested in work life balance and offer many career opportunities for those willing to relocate.
If you have another option, go there instead
Anonomys (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 24, 2019
Communication is terrible, favoritism’s off the charts, and reporting discrimination or poor behavior makes you “sensitive.” The place isn’t worth it.
Pros
Decent pay and time off
Cons
Discrimination, lack of communication, don’t “walk the talk”
Fun workplace
Operating Technician (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, TNJanuary 22, 2019
Good place to work other than the rotation shift,, mandatory on days off,, favoritism towards certain employees, no room for advancement unless you are favored
Pros
Good money
Cons
Rotation schedule
productive workplace
Quality Control Technician/Lab Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 21, 2019
management is not the best.
barely have time off work.
most enjoyable part of the job is working with teammates.
con: management watches your breaks.
Fast Paced Environment
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Really enjoyed my time with Bridgestone. As a store manager the pace of the day was hectic from the moment we opened the doors until well after closing with paperwork. Worst part about the job was the frequent weekend work for the management staff.
Pros
Great fast paced environment, excellent employee discounts, large organization
Cons
Work life balance was not there
They give mechanics a bad name.
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 16, 2019
All the technicians here are great. It is the sales people and managers that give us all a bad name. They sell services that aren't needed, especially to fleets. They order the technicians to perform services improperly so they can get another car in the bay. They live for the dollar and don't give a second thought about honesty, morality, customer safety or employee culture. They sell, sell, sell and expect you to work well into the night so they can hit their numbers.

If you are an honest technician, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Fraud on the sales and management side.
Competitive and fast paced working environment
Automotive Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 15, 2019
Writing up work orders for customer's cars. Selling recommendations made by the mechanics. Dealing with customers is the most stressful part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be making the customers happy by repairing their vehicle in a cost effective and timely manor.
One of the best companies I have worked for
Senior Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 15, 2019
I had a great time working at Bridgestone. I developed a large routing a sorting system plus many other apps and services. I was very busy and it was a fun challenge. The culture is great and the company is wonderfully diverse. Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Lots of development opportunities.

Want to know more about Bridgestone Americas?

Ask a question
Very productive and fast paced
C Level Technician (Former Employee) –  San Fernando Valley, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Reccommend this job as a perfect entry level position or for anybodt trying to develop some skills in the automotive industry. The company treats you well and cares about its employees.
Pros
Paid sick leave
Cons
Short lunch
need to pay more
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Graniteville, SCJanuary 14, 2019
good place to work i wish they just paid more. they need more fans so we can stay cool. better pay. new management. train people before you throw them in the field
Pros
good work area
Cons
bad pay
Great place to work with good benefits.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 10, 2019
Overall was a great place to work, great people working with me and for me. Oppurtunity to advance and grow was available to those that wanted to advance. Wages were very competative with excellent benefits. The one downside for me was the rotating shift schedule we worked and the number of consecutive days worked.
Very unbalance work family life.
General Manager, South Central Zone, Texas (Former Employee) –  3 locations ending at spring valley.January 10, 2019
You must be dedicated only to the company family life shouldn't enter into the question of loyalty. My wife had cancer of the cervix, I was called while my wife was being prepared for surgery questioned why I wasn't in my store. I was told it was obvious where my loyalty lied. I was running a successful store at the time. I had 2 preschool children and my wife had a total hysterectomy.
Pros
Chance to move up to manage a store.
Cons
No chance for advancement beyond store management.
Great place but pick your location wisely
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLJanuary 9, 2019
It was a great place to work, I would very much so continue to work for them. However the management made my experience go from good to bad. They were KNOWINGLY charging customers for work that was not done, calling it "just business" but it led to customer satisfaction dwindling, and customer traffic decreasing. Sales were not going well due to customers not coming back because of being angry with the management.
Pros
Employee discounts
Great company...But they really need to analyze who needs their training in ann arbor michigan
Tech GS (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 9, 2019
I spent over a decade around premier automotive shops and HIGH END MUSLCE CAR BUILDS SO ME being asked to travel to a place that I've never been away from my children for 7 days was to much.. NO VEHICLE AND WE SHARE ROOMS WITH PEOPLE WE DON'T KNOW . I am 40 years old and that was just something I really thought they need to fix.. Any body with an Associates degree in Automotive Technology doesn't need to be reminded on how to check tire pressure etc...It was more offensive than anything to me..
Pros
Great open and close hours, layed back environment and tons of employee benefits
Cons
Low pay, no advancement, training for high schoolers, you never get over 32 hours a week at 12 an hour
Bad place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Abilene plant managment and maint employees not good at all. If your felow workers dont like you you get cut. Also they do your reviews whuch is wrong.
It was a good place to earn a living.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lavergne, Tn.January 7, 2019
If I had it to do over again, I would work for them again. A very medium paced job. The management was not very knowledgable about the equipment. The hardest part of job was all the walking you had to do.The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to do it and do it well!
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
Time of day shift started.
Utah managment is absolutely horrible.
Auto Technician (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTJanuary 4, 2019
Poor management, dont care about employees only what makes themselves look good on paper.
Always not giving the customers what they deserve to get, instead of warranty something, they rig it so they dont have to.
Discriminated against minorities, especially African Americans
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 4, 2019
Discriminated against minoities, especially African Americans if they possessed higher credentials, certifications and education than their peers. Mangers tend to side with those who harassed their peers, basically prompting the harassed to resign against their better judgment. Must say leaving Bridgestone was the best decision I ever made. My new position is free of discriminatory practices prompted by managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgestone Americas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight