Bridgestone Americas Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 736 reviews matching the search See all 1,035 reviews
Fast paced
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 18, 2018
Working with customers was fun. Working for the company was alright. They need better training for their team members especially those looking to go into management. Other than that I enjoyed my time working with other team members , you do learn if equipped with proper leaders.
Pros
401k, vacation
Cons
Long hours, base pay
Long hours but good pay
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNJuly 16, 2018
Working at BridgeStone can be great if you don’t mind the 12hours. The pay is really good you start at 18.50 for tire building and top out at 25.96$.
You work a rotating schedule like Monday, Tuesday off Wednesday and Thursday and Work fri- Sunday and it’s the Opposite the next week.
Most of the older employees who were laid off back in 2009 aren’t apart of the union. I wouldn’t suggest the union because they don’t really do anything for you. they’ll say you need protection but long as you come to work and do your job you’ll be fine. They train you for 15 days, and as soon as your out of training you will be doing OT. It’s good money my last year there I made 80k I worked two off days on the week I would have weekends off, but you will be tired.some guys make over 100k just depends on how much you want to work. Overall it’s a good paying job if you don’t or didn’t go to college.
Pros
Three day weekend every other week
Cons
12 hour shift, forced to work OT on your Off weekends
Hard work but treated fairly
Material Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  allentown paJuly 14, 2018
Overall not terrible, money is ok but takes 3 years to achieve top rate. Management was good, somewhat responsive to workers input. They strive for a culture of safety but it's hard to achieve moving and picking various sizes of tires that are stacked that high in the air.
Pros
free popcorn, coffee and tea in breakrooms, gatorade when over 90 degrees
Cons
healthcare average, busy and slow times are unpredictable
i love this company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Graniteville, SCJune 26, 2018
Operated BodyPly Machine Cutter for 12 hour rotating shifts. Operated sit down battery powered forklift to load body ply rubber into machine. Provided manual support for the process of creating and manufacturing tires for Bridgestone of Americas.
Excellent Opportunities
Area Supervisor | Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJune 24, 2018
If you are looking to expand on your talents and have a desire to move up, this is a great place to start. There are many opportunities for advancement and it is an organization that believes in hiring from within. You have the support of management as well and human resource to mentor and coach you along the way.
Good place to start and further your automotive technician career
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 17, 2018
Good place to start and further your automotive technician career. A good place to work a well-balanced employment opportunity for employee starting out the career as well as advanced automotive technicians. Sometimes the pay is on the low scale but a lot of their work is on the Lowe’s quick scale as well and tires and oil change is not so much as high-end automotive jobs
Fast paced but long days.
Tire Builder (Current Employee) –  La Vergne, TNJune 17, 2018
I would start off checking my TAM which is the tire machine. I have 24 minutes to check my SOS (start of shift sheet), meaning checking all security cords, lights, measurements, wire on floor, tags on floor, making sure all the material is the correct material for the tire I am building that day, ect... Well what I learned is how to build a tire and ow important it is that everythng is correct, especially the measurements and thickness. As for the Mangement I personally would treat and teach people different. It is a factory so the work culture is not for anyone but I am a strong woman. The hadest part of my job is making 77 ties in 12 hours that weigh about 170 lbs. That just means I don'tneed to workot everyday! love my job because my whole family works there. I have over 10 family members that work there and I get to see them.
Pros
Discounts on tires
Cons
Training and management
Stressful and physically demanding with great pay and great benefits.
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Morrison, TNJune 16, 2018
Very stressful job with short breaks. Higher seniority would somewhat belittle your or make you feel you are not as important as them. Benefits were great and overtime if you ever wanted it.
Benefits
Cons
Long, very physical demanding with most time having to stand.
Collaborative environment
JUNIOR BUYER (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Roma, LazioJune 7, 2018
Very collaborative environment. The presence and the experience of Senior Managment are very helpful for young employees. International experience is highly encouraged
Job
Service Manager and inventory (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 5, 2018
This job was great in the Austin area. Moved to West Texas and they are not a friendly company for woman. don't choice this company if your a woman. go find another job
Very productive and fast paced place
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJune 4, 2018
I've worked at Firestone for 3 years now, it's a great place to work. There's always great people to work with. They guarantee lunches, which is great!
Lead technician for shop
AUTO TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2018
I enjoyed the day to day challenges my job presented to me. I got fulfillment out of knowing the i can get a customers vehicle out in a effective a timely manner.
Pros
environment
Cons
time off
Great Company
Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NC 27894June 1, 2018
I enjoy working for the company. I have been with the company for over 15 years and have received training and support from the management group.

A flexible work schedule would be ideal but not offered.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Flexible schedule
Great Place to Work
Computer Help Desk Technician-Full Time Intern (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 30, 2018
Bridgestone's IT department consist of a knowledgeable team, and they were always willing to help. I learned a lot from the teammates of this organization.
Pros
Team enviroment atmosphere where you are encouraged to work independently
Cons
No position available when I graduated from college
Good place
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Wahiawā, HIMay 28, 2018
Management was strong
Shop is neat
Always supplies tools
Work schedule was kind of crazy
The base checkpoint was not fun
Workload is intense
Favoritism is a thing
Pros
Cons
Location wasn’t the best
Stressful and taxing workplace with good pay
K1S Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Graniteville, SCMay 23, 2018
In the K1S area there is very little down time. You are pushed to making a ticket quota and there is not much opportunity to relax or slow down. Crew leaders are pretty fair and overtime is usually pretty easy to get. There is not much interaction with other employees after the turnover meeting. The process of running the machine is pretty simple but being mechanically inclined helps a lot. You will be on your feet a lot
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
short breaks, physically demanding, co-workers can be stressing
5th amendment right
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brookpark, OHMay 22, 2018
Typical workday is sitting at my computer consist of assisting vendors in customer credit card transitions. I've learned to be totally committed to the customer's satisfaction.
If you're single or need a job only!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GAMay 21, 2018
Solid company but way too many changes. As long as the bottom line is met on a daily and the complete overload of additional duties are completed daily and accurately every single day, there are no issues. However, employee or customer hurdles occur that WILL hinder your ability to get all desired results accomplished, upper managements philosophy was work later, work harder, cut payroll, you signed up for this, no excuses, will have to evaluate your future with Bridgestone. Completely over whelming and stressful. They preach great pay and family time, deliver on neither. My favorite was always, don't hire, but when some one calls in or leaves early, you just work from 6:30am to 7:30pm, that's your job. That was actually preferred, saved payroll dollars that way. Doesn't matter about your family, just their bottom line. On the other hand, benefits are great! Just too many changes in job functions, duties, required results, time investment, and brow beating from superiors.
Pros
Benefits- Training (somewhat)
Cons
Expectations from Upper Management
No real commission structure
Manager Tire Sales North Myrtle Beach (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCMay 17, 2018
Too many hoops to jump through to get paid commission or bonus. Always changing structure. 1.6 million in sales and earned 6500 in bonus. Get paid $1 per tire commission but only if storre sold min requirement, unusually 30 more per month tha n u sold last year... very hard... almost impossible... if u miss by 1 tire store wide... no one gets commission.
good place to work overall
Preventive Maintenance Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Graniteville, SCMay 16, 2018
The company is a good place to work. The reason for leaving was multiple instances where I was passed over for job positions for people who were less qualified but filled the requirements for other categories. Other than this there was good working environment as long as you knew your role and did not cause any waves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgestone Americas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight