Bridgestone Americas Employee Reviews

Nice company to work for
MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 14, 2017
Set up and performed hand and automatic assembly operations of tire belt and rubber parts. Noted for attention to detail, I was exposed to and familiarized with various machinery and product offerings.
Pros
Free time
Cons
The quick turn overs
work place was safe and team work was in place
Printer Operator (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 11, 2017
I learned a lot during my 10 years of working for the company. I enjoyed the 3rd shift, due to it was easy to work and also never had any one looking over my shoulder. Experiencing the different types of fast paced printers was very enjoyable.
Pros
3rd shift was always kept out the loop on activities
Cons
positions in the company
Poor management and stressful
Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 7, 2017
Management makes this company very hard to work for. Lack of experience in the automotive field sums it up. Their lack of experience makes your job 5x more stressful as a technician and you are expected to work for decimal points not hours as a flat rate tech. Expected to work late every day and till 7 at night sometimes when you clock in at 6:45am, lunch breaks are very hard to come by. I was forced to find a new job after I was lied to during the interview process about the time I was scheduled to work and what it actually turned out to be. There was no break room and the condition of the shop was deplorable. Be prepared to argue about getting paid fairly on every single job that comes in the door when you work with rusted older cars all day and have 1 tire or an oil change hung on your rack 5 minutes before your about leave at your scheduled time and stay late 30-45minutes to make a .3 Not a place to work if you have a family you want to spend time with after work or make an honest living. I really wish I didn't have to write a review like this but I hope this helps some one out thinking about being a technician for this company.
Pros
Different makes and models to service
Cons
Management, labor times, hours, shop, pay, benefits
Nice environment. Management is very friendly and communicates with everyone
Commercial Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 7, 2017
Management is very friendly and communicates with everyone. I was only a contractor and never had the opportunity to become permanent. Otherwise from everything i can tell this is an ideal place to work.
pays the bills
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 6, 2017
12 hour shifts only can be stressful. jobs vary from very little physical requirement to standing for 12 hours and constantly lifting 50 plus pounds. overall it was okay
Horrible Workplace
Operating Technician (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, TNNovember 5, 2017
Training is not effective. Hours are ridiculous. workload is not anywhere near reasonable. If you are hurt, they will make it impossible to get help and even if it isn't your fault, they will only pay 40 percent.
Poor management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 5, 2017
Enjoyed working the people in my area. Put a lot of time into to be let go of a simple misunderstanding with no points on my record. Miss the people I worked with and they miss me. We stay in close contact even after my absence.
Pros
Nice tire discounts
Cons
Extremely hot
Bridgestone offer great opportunity, as well as great incentivessfor earnings, it even offer a small gym for those interested
Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Graniteville, SCNovember 3, 2017
Bridgestone is a great company with great benefits, it has good incentives, and is a leader in the tire making industry; I’m happy to be part of that team.
Pros
Free lunches, different incentives, perfect attendance rewards
Cons
Everyone wish breaks could be longer, not many cons
nice environment
NET developer (Current Employee) –  nashville, TNOctober 30, 2017
Good workflife balanced. Flexible when it comes to working from home. Some flexibility on how to distribute working hours (eg. work an extra hour a day in order to get 1 Friday off every two weeks)
rules only apply to whomever they want
Customer Service Representative/ service writer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 29, 2017
They send you to a week long training on the Firestone way only to come back to your store and told not to do it. You are belittled and berated by coworkers if you do the right thing. Management (service Writer) is so threatened by any new employee that he purposely tells you wrong stuff to do to get you in trouble. Absolutely refuses to teach you or show you anything on computer systems. Will sit behind you and talk over you while dealing with customers. Everything goes in his name no matter what. Only one technician gets jobs and he lies about what he does to give him more time. I have personally caught him changing tickets into his favorite technician three times. He gave said technician his passwords to all his systems including the cash drawer which you are responsible for.
Pros
close to home
Cons
untrustworthy, just plain embarasing
After 5 years I love working for Bridgestone.
Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNOctober 27, 2017
I'm a service technician, I am on call 2 weeks out of the month but the pay coupled with commission makes it worth it.

They're literally the best company I've ever worked for. I'll stick around as long as they let me.
Pros
Great benefits, pay and, with the right manager, plenty of time off.
Cons
Long hours sometimes, unexpected after hours work at any hour. (As a service technician anyway).
Bridgestone
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 25, 2017
Bridgestone is a great place to work at great people and great environment the only draw back us the swing shifts and the rotations there is no room for much family time.
too many hours
floor operator (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OHOctober 24, 2017
worked an average of 60 hours a week. good pay, but very little time to spend with the family. the most enjoyable part of the job was being around other people who were supportive.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
nice place & great cafeteria.
Collections (Former Employee) –  Brookpark,OhioOctober 24, 2017
Stressful in collections. Had cook outs on the patio for Indians opener day. Football partys.
Had customer service week with drawing for prizes.
Gave grocery store gift card to all for Thanksgiving.

Had incomeing & outbound calls by automated dialer system.

Toggle between 2-3 screens while talking to customer.
Pros
good pay hourly. END of year Bonus payout for all in company
Cons
had to do extra paper work whilemaking calls.
I dont know how to explain it
Tire Test technician (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 19, 2017
I would rather work no other place. At the tech level there isn't very much room for advancement. They always try to push you back to school even with no real hopes of advancement once you get a degree or certificate. The test technician job is fun. There is always something to do. It just seems as though you are looked down upon by management for not having a degree.
Pros
Pay
Bridgestone
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKOctober 18, 2017
Has decent job security with very little advancement opportunities. Upper management has unreasonable expectations of what should be done at times. Most communication is done via email or conference calls, so there is not much in person micromanagement. Overall a decent place to work. It requires long hours, but it is hourly pay plus commission, so at least the long hours get you overtime pay.
Great Place to Work
Mold Specialist (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAOctober 18, 2017
I worked with this company for 14 years and they was great to me and my family. I just decided to change my career path and to explore a new career. Working for this company was like working for family,
Productive and fun place to work at
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAOctober 17, 2017
A typical day work will probably start with a meeting or two. Then proper work assignment start according to ones position. Lunch is taken within the hours of 11:00 to 12:30 am. I have learn a lot about Industrial Management and machinery. The work place culture is very family oriented.
Good place to work to gain experience
General Manager of the Distribution Centers East (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 17, 2017
Highly ethical company.
Company's size makes change management very difficult.
Middle management is not appreciated.
Budgeting is a full time job,
Senior Leadership expects different results when nothing up stream has changed in the supply chain,
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
How middle management is treated by leadership
great job
Tire Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2017
it was a great exp. the only thing was i did not like working on weekends but we had to. the pay was good but slow to give more raises. the customers were great
Pros
free lunch
Cons
weekend work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgestone Americas. Our community is ready to answer.