Bridgestone Corporation Employee Reviews

Interesting manufacturing processes, very connected to the community and helping the enviroment.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 20, 2018
An interesting company to work for, very connected to the community and the enviroment. Huge corporate sponsor to all sports. Complicated assembly process that is very dirty in some areas. Company provides showers for employees.
Pros
Health care, Safety awareness, community support.
Cons
Carbon area requires special PPE
Good people and company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 16, 2018
great people to work with, great company overall, poor training program and unhealthy work environment with chemical dust and fumes, non climate controlled.
My Experience
Wilson, Nc - Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 12, 2018
It’s a place you can advance quickly to make more money. Supervisors are usually fair and down to earth. You have to be able to multitask and work with a lil heat.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
The swing shifts
cool
Working Supervisor Outbound and Materials (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 7, 2018
new place very slow paced. come in do the job caome back and do it again. the people are nice to work with friendly. Advancement is not very often so will take time.
Pros
cool
Cons
nothing
I was not a Bridgestone employee
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 5, 2018
I was not an actual employee of Bridgestone although I worked there for many years, it was always as a contracting company employee. The culture was good, Warren plant was an excellent place to be employed by. Management was good.
Summer Internship
Leadership Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 1, 2018
I would not recommend this as an internship, although I learned a lot about the business world and how a business runs it was not organized at all and somedays I had nothing to do
Long, long, long hours
Retail Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 30, 2018
If working in a store, prepare to stand for 12 hours. There is pressure from the highest level of the company to sell the company credit card, and a large portion of your performance review and advancement in the company will be based on how many people you get to apply for one.
Pros
Good money for what you do, get to meet many people
Cons
string of 12 hour days, no breaks, standing the entire time you're there, pressure to sell
fast paced
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 23, 2018
Got to work on cars which was fun, was able to learn new things. Management was clueless in what they were doing. They would over work you for what they paid you.
Pros
learned new things
Cons
work place was filthy.
To much micro management
Facility Engineer (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 5, 2018
The general workplace culture at the plant is not what plant management says it is. Example is if you request training to help you gain knowledge for your advancement goals you are faced with budget constraints, travel restriction or maybe next year to point of you stop asking.
Daily Management Routine
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 26, 2018
Hard Company to work for ….very stressful....lost favoritism and corruption in the Georgia Market's.I really don't have much more to say about this company but to stay away.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Not a honest company
Action logistics (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2018
Expectation & Accountability: Help employees understand their role and your expectation at the onset so they are not surprised during the evaluation time.
Productive worlplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2018
Productive work place but conditions and hours are harsh. Management is terrible. Communication is terrible and they only care about their product. PTO is only available after a year until then you have to submit slips for days off and they have to be approved by manager but once approved they try to make u feel guilt.
Pros
If u like a lot hours
Cons
Work conditions vary due to temperature outside.
Great Place to Work
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mayodan, NCJuly 23, 2018
Wonderful atmosphere and great coworkers. Team work is a must. I learned most of the positions in the Finance department. Administrative, Billing, Purchasing, Accounts Payable. Worked mostly independently, given the ability to chose daily task to complete as long as they were within their deadline. Work as a team, need good team building skills.
Pros
Great health Care and 401K benefits
Daily grind
DISTRICT MANAGER TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 22, 2018
It's a job not a career. You will wake up early and work on cars through-out the day. Your boss will usually call you up and check on how many tires and life time alignments you sold.
Pros
Lots of work to do
Cons
You will mostly work all day without a lunch or break.
Muy buena empresa-.
Machine Operator, Supervisor de produccion (Current Employee) –  GBA Sur, Buenos AiresJuly 17, 2018
Ingreso a ls 20:45 hs, recorro todas las maquinas, saludando a todo el personal, tomando datos de produccion al momento, comparto tiempo con el supervisor del turno que esta dejando, realizo las lanillas de jornales para el pago del dia laboral del personal, analizo las ausencias para que todas las maqunas trabajen fluidamente, en el caso de alguna ausencia, hablo con el personal que esta del turno anterior para realizar horas adicionalesm para poder cubrir el turno-.
Pros
Todo lo relacionado al nivel de trabajo, excelente-.
Cons
La cultura de trabajo a nivel pais es muy bajo-.
A fast paced work environment with the potential for good earnings
TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJune 28, 2018
The work is hot and hard, but if you can turn the hours you can make a good living. You need to be able to handle yourself and work without constant supervision.
Pros
good discounts and benefits
Cons
hot work environment
Great Place
Service Advisor/ Manager of tire sales (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 23, 2018
I love working for Bridgestone. They moved me around a lot so it was not fun starting at one store close to my home then to go to a store three months later further away and not accessible with public transportation
Great Work Enviroment
Auto TechnicianMechanic (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 22, 2018
I really enjoy working at Bridgestone. My upper managment have taught me many things and Im always learning something. The pay is Great and so is the Staff
Easy and fun people to work with
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNJune 12, 2018
They are really good with being thorough with instructions and training. Everyone is really welcoming and the meetings before the shift are helpful to know what needs to be done. The work is fast pace but really easy. Fun people to work with to make the time go by faster. Nice amount of breaks to help with the work.
Pros
Benefits, weekly pay, paid breaks, paid holidays, good people
Cons
Mandatory overtime, a lot of standing/ physical labor
Great place to work with a great team environment
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Trenton, SCJune 6, 2018
The job can be fast paced and stressful at times but I really enjoyed working with my team. My boss gave me a lot of creative freedom and space to conduct my own business and take care of my responsibilities like a professional.
Pros
New Plant with lots of interesting things to work on
Cons
get calls on nights and weekends for support