Bridgestone Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Muy buena empresa-.
Machine Operator, Supervisor de produccion (Current Employee) –  GBA Sur, Buenos AiresJuly 17, 2018
Ingreso a ls 20:45 hs, recorro todas las maquinas, saludando a todo el personal, tomando datos de produccion al momento, comparto tiempo con el supervisor del turno que esta dejando, realizo las lanillas de jornales para el pago del dia laboral del personal, analizo las ausencias para que todas las maqunas trabajen fluidamente, en el caso de alguna ausencia, hablo con el personal que esta del turno anterior para realizar horas adicionalesm para poder cubrir el turno-.
Pros
Todo lo relacionado al nivel de trabajo, excelente-.
Cons
La cultura de trabajo a nivel pais es muy bajo-.
A fast paced work environment with the potential for good earnings
TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJune 28, 2018
The work is hot and hard, but if you can turn the hours you can make a good living. You need to be able to handle yourself and work without constant supervision.
Pros
good discounts and benefits
Cons
hot work environment
Great Place
Service Advisor/ Manager of tire sales (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 23, 2018
I love working for Bridgestone. They moved me around a lot so it was not fun starting at one store close to my home then to go to a store three months later further away and not accessible with public transportation
Great Work Enviroment
Auto TechnicianMechanic (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 22, 2018
I really enjoy working at Bridgestone. My upper managment have taught me many things and Im always learning something. The pay is Great and so is the Staff
Easy and fun people to work with
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNJune 12, 2018
They are really good with being thorough with instructions and training. Everyone is really welcoming and the meetings before the shift are helpful to know what needs to be done. The work is fast pace but really easy. Fun people to work with to make the time go by faster. Nice amount of breaks to help with the work.
Pros
Benefits, weekly pay, paid breaks, paid holidays, good people
Cons
Mandatory overtime, a lot of standing/ physical labor
Great place to work with a great team environment
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Trenton, SCJune 6, 2018
The job can be fast paced and stressful at times but I really enjoyed working with my team. My boss gave me a lot of creative freedom and space to conduct my own business and take care of my responsibilities like a professional.
Pros
New Plant with lots of interesting things to work on
Cons
get calls on nights and weekends for support
A once great place to work
Staff member (Current Employee) –  Graniteville, SCMay 31, 2018
As a tenured employee of over 15 years at the Aiken, SC facility, I've seen the company change dramatically. At one time, it was place to pride yourself, work hard and feel rewarded for the effort you put into the business. Now, the culture has changed to be do more with less and its never enough. The business is very stable and job security is never an issue. The way the company has moved from acknowledging its people are what made it successful to the level of greed they have now has made it a less than desirable place to work.
mostly ok
Curing Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 25, 2018
it was ok in the begimming but it was easy to see that if they didnt like you you werent going to make it.
pay was good and benifits were good.
people i worked were pretty decent
Pros
pay
Cons
politics
Physical and stressful environment.
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Graniteville, SCMay 17, 2018
A typical day at work was a 12.5 hr. shift where you were assigned to run a certain tire component machine. The job is extremely physical and stressful. You are expected to meet a certain quota and maintain the operability of the machine at all times. I did not enjoy my time there.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Work environment
Great environment to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 16, 2018
Good place to work, many people with experience and they are open to help you. The workplace culture is very safety, your security is first in this kind of job.
Pros
difficult to move to another position
Cons
Short lunch, no bonus
fast pace
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXMay 10, 2018
The job is good if your in school to be a mechanic. lunches are an hour long and if you work through lunch you still dont get paid and management is unorganized
poor
TIRE BUILDER (Former Employee) –  lavergne tnMay 3, 2018
this is by far one of the worst places I have ever had to work, the pay is great but the hours are horrible and they treat you like a number and don't care about your human needs
Very bad look else where make it last choice
B Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 21, 2018
Extremely long hours expect you to get job done right the 1st time but no inforcement on that even as store managers tell you to do things that are not proper repairs Pay is about $5 an hour under dealership have to beg and fight for a raise after 5 years with the company over all work life is stressful you're always rushed always in a hurry No consistency to your schedule never know when you're gonna work how long you're gonna work Days off Always very work most holidays all in all good place to start your career but not a place to call home forever
Pros
30 guarentee thats about it
Cons
The whloe company
A decent place to work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mayodan, NCMarch 29, 2018
Bridgestone is a source for money, nothing more. Aside from quarterly lunches and the occasional outing, Bridgestone is a somewhat dull place to work.
great
Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 12, 2018
its really nice to work for them,great work place ,and great people working with also new technology and always updated with lots of hands on training
Flexible and Rewarding Workplace
Senior Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 5, 2018
Learned a lot about Linux and furthered my Linux knowledge. The environment was very laid back and flexible. Co-workers were nice to work with and supportive. Great work to life balance.
Pros
Flexability
very friendly place
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 23, 2017
clock in and get to work. learn to assure that all billing was accurate.
nice management. cool people to work with. hardest part was when the company would do low on profits. the most enjoyable part of it was when we would have good sales.
Pros
not a stressful com to work for
Cons
non
Productive and fun place
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2017
Loved helping out and working with everyone, loved the environment and pace of work everything was just easy and by smoother during the days and a great team.
Great place to work needs better management and scheduling
Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Graniteville, SCJune 23, 2017
It's a great place to work, but the management and scheduling make the job harder than what it should be at times. Has Very good pay and benefits. Most of the people are fun to work with.
Pros
pay, benefits, 7 days off a month
Cons
management and bad scheduling
Poor Management
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mayodan, NCJune 21, 2017
Loved what I did. Company was good to work for and good to their employees. However, some management is very difficult. Tension was high because of that and they didn't treat you with respect or as peer. However, I am appreciative of the work experience and know what to do and avoid when I find a position in which I am appreciated.
Pros
Good benefits, clean, and nice work areas
Cons
Constant criticism but not done in a constructive manner, no respect or appreciation