Bridgestone Corporation Employee Reviews

No opportunity
Automotive Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2019
The shop culture isn't too bad (garage shop) but the company lacks the ability to train and teach employees new skills, they don't promote from within or offer a path to advance in the industry.
The best I've seen in 20 years
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 11, 2019
Bridgestone is easily the best organization I've worked for in 20 years.

The leadership is outstanding. They understand the key relationship between responsibility and authority. That is a rare combination the business world.

They are good at what they do. They work to constantly improve and they take very good care of their people.
Pros
Excellent bonus program. Flexibility in work scheduling. Stress free work environment.
Cons
None that I saw
Fun place has a small baketball hoop and a foosball table
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 10, 2019
It was a nice place to work at but the guys for shipping and receiving we worked hard and the didnt get much time to rest. But overall the the company is a nice place to work for.
Great Place to Work
Lead Production Planner and Logistician (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 9, 2019
Great culture, leadership, and people. Leaders listen and seek advice and recommendations on prices improvement ideas. Benefits are very competitive and a great place for those transitioning out of the military.
fast paced makes for a quick day at work
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJanuary 5, 2019
it was a physically demanding job with the potential to make more then 8 hours worth of work in a shorter amount of time. they paid flat rate.. and I was able to know out a lot of alignments and make good money
Bsro
GENERAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Yucaipa, CAJanuary 1, 2019
BSRO owns many stores such as Wheel Works and Firestone. I worked at Wheels Works in San Jose for three years. The managers were great people who cared about their employees. The culture is like any other technician culture. BSRO has a method to do inspections and oil changes. They sent new hires to a one-week paid training. They also pay for food.

Firestone was no different although, I prefer the people at Wheel Works. I did oil changes and tires. Occasionally I did brakes. They paid me $12.50/hr but I never got a raise. The pay is not good but decent.

A good place to start but not a good place to have a career.
Pros
benefits, pay, culture, and paid training
Cons
More work and less pay
Worse place to work
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OHDecember 20, 2018
the company is failing too many hours unfair employer !

this company would not be a good place to work !!!

so good luck on the job hunt have a good day!
Pros
No pros
Cons
everything
Tire Tech
Tire Tech (Former Employee) –  Seminole, OKNovember 27, 2018
This company wasn't that great to work for. People were rude and not very professional. They were self centered and really just sorry people to work with.
Competitive
International Buyer (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Roma, LazioNovember 27, 2018
Competitive with a low level of salary increase.

Good opportunity for knowing tyres market and feedstock material market.

In this company i ha d the opportunity to learn negotiations
Great pay and opportunities for Techs and Managers
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 11, 2018
Bridgestone best pay in the area, they will pay for ASE certification if you don't have it already. Excellent place to start career as Auto tech, full training and good support from management.
Pros
Lots of room to advance
Cons
Open on weekends
great to start an automotive career
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CANovember 7, 2018
most employees were in and out within a year or 2. Lots of young guys trying to get into the automotive industry. All the work that comes in seems like it was supposed to be done yesterday. advisers will bring in more work than what the staff can handle because management always had to hit their numbers.
Pros
discounts on tires
Cons
cant work on your own car
alright place to work
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Graniteville, SCOctober 29, 2018
Bridgestone was an ok place to work, the hours are not good if you have a family, but a pro was being able to work overtime whenever you wanted to. The time off was ok.
Pros
Ot
Cons
rotating shifts
No-pressure, autonomous, flex-hours, performance-based work environment
Project Manager - Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 17, 2018
I worked here as a contractor thru my employer, Fujitsu America Inc as Project Delivery Manager. Client also had their own highly skilled IT team members and we worked in harmony. I was provided with their standards and had freedom to suggest / recommend better options. I was respected appropriately and heard most often. Good place to work.
Good if you like it
Full Service Mechanic (Former Employee) –  TXOctober 9, 2018
Hours to long for any sensible person 10 plus everyday you work. You will not like the hours to long for anyone to enjoy life outside of work. There is money to be made but no time to spend it.
Pros
money
Cons
no time
Interesting manufacturing processes, very connected to the community and helping the enviroment.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 20, 2018
An interesting company to work for, very connected to the community and the enviroment. Huge corporate sponsor to all sports. Complicated assembly process that is very dirty in some areas. Company provides showers for employees.
Pros
Health care, Safety awareness, community support.
Cons
Carbon area requires special PPE
Good people and company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 16, 2018
great people to work with, great company overall, poor training program and unhealthy work environment with chemical dust and fumes, non climate controlled.
My Experience
Wilson, Nc - Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 12, 2018
It’s a place you can advance quickly to make more money. Supervisors are usually fair and down to earth. You have to be able to multitask and work with a lil heat.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
The swing shifts
cool
Working Supervisor Outbound and Materials (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 7, 2018
new place very slow paced. come in do the job caome back and do it again. the people are nice to work with friendly. Advancement is not very often so will take time.
Pros
cool
Cons
nothing
I was not a Bridgestone employee
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 5, 2018
I was not an actual employee of Bridgestone although I worked there for many years, it was always as a contracting company employee. The culture was good, Warren plant was an excellent place to be employed by. Management was good.
Summer Internship
Leadership Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 1, 2018
I would not recommend this as an internship, although I learned a lot about the business world and how a business runs it was not organized at all and somedays I had nothing to do