Bridgestone Retail Operations

Bridgestone Retail Operations Employee Reviews

Good people good culture by location
My only upset I had was with my 5 years with Bridgestone the changeover of Upper Management there was times we would go month/years with no direct contact they did there best to keep open line of communication but as your over here doing well at your store you are only as good as the day before did not matter what you have done in the past.

And not Much Work Life Balance as Store Managers your always working even when not at store
Bridgestone a Company with a future
I have worked at Bridgestone/Firestone for 38 years. It has always been a solid Company with a future. I am only leaving at this point because the office is moving from Chicago to Nashville. I will give my next employer the same loyalty as I have given to this one.
Pros
job security, Fairness, Fair pay practices, Some flexibility in hours.
Cons
Moving the office, More flexibility in hours.
lack of training
not a good place to work. all they care about is profit and not employees. Example, you don't sell a certain amount of credit cards they fire you without hesitation
Fast paced rewarding job
Handle customer issues and meet sales goals.
Hardest part of job is dealing with angry customers.

Best part of job is hitting sales goals as a team.
Making Great Strides to Erase Stereotypes
I really respect what BSRO is trying to do within the industry. The company is going to great lengths to abolish the automotive industry's stereotpye, or at least its association to the stereotype. It's something to pay attention to. Give the company a chance if you're a customer (that would make all of us). Their Vision is much improved to what you already expect to experience when getting your vehicle(s) serviced. The rest of the industry would be wise to pay attention. Not there yet though...

With that said, too many organizational restructures in the too-recent past have caused job stability concerns within the field-retail structure, where revenue is generated.

The best part of working here is serving my teammates and peers.

The worst is the continual changes to the organizational structure, and ongoing politics, probably found in most organizations its size. No doubt the company will correct course, but from the retail-field perspective...it's unclear. The two entities, Home Office and Retail stores, are operating perpendicular to one another, not parallel...though that would be a revelation to both parties.

Job culture, at least for my role, is terrific in that I am trusted to execute my job description, to serve my peers and their teammates, and to do so without being micro-managed, which only makes me more agile and productive.

The store teams work their tails off. The Store Managers and their leaders WANT to own it, and WANT to believe in the company's Vision and intentions.

The truth to the industry's empty bucket of qualified technicians should
 - more...
Pros
Terrific Vision, Streamlining decision-making, becoming more decisive and absolute, More agile, Improved Business Acumen/Savvy
Cons
Changing culture, lack of vision clarity to the field, Field and Home Office perspectives are perpendicular, polarity
A high energy company.
My time with Bridgestone was short but very impactfull. They truly cared about developing me as a person and future manager. Great company to work for.
Excellent Company and Benefits
A Japanese company that demands excellence from their employees, which, is not a bad thing. Management is always focused on process improvement. Customers come first.
Pros
benefits, corporate culture
Cons
constant sales demands
A great place to work
Started here at a young age and learned so much. Offering a lot of training, including hands on. Able to create a great environment to work with awesome teammates!
Pros
Always room to grow.
Cons
Pay can be on the lighter side for the hours put in.
Productive Workplace
Served as a liaison between the technician and the customer in a Firestone store. The main job function was to sell tires and auto service to people as they walk-in.
large work loads and time oriented
I've worked for Bridgestone for 2 years, I have learned a lot about the company and the people that work for it. my job as a technician is far from easy but I enjoy the challenge. there are times when time restraints do cause a job to be harder then it should. management is all over the shop and always there when need be sometimes for the good other not so much. over all the work environment is very professional.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
lack of breaks, long shifts
Great company, intense training
If you like companies that beat policy into you this is a good one. They train, train, and then train you about their training.
however, it does produce some good results and several of their employees are product specialists...
Pros
training
Cons
to much training
Office
A typical day seems to go by so fast. I am usually pulled in many directions and support many Managers. This includes but not limited to HR duties, AP, Payroll, meeting coordination, troubleshooting network issues and ordering office supplies. The best part about my job is it keeps me on my toes and is never dull. I enjoy using my troubleshooting skills to fix and/or solve a problem or inquiry.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Distance from Home
Fast moving culture with clear vision
BSRO has a solid leadership team with a clear vision of where they want to go. The culture is fast moving but fun and the teams really work together to help reduce the silo's. It truly is a fun place to work.
Pros
Jeans 4 days per week, growth opportunities
Cons
Not fully progressive yet
Fast Paced, Fun and Loyal Workplace
Greatly enjoyed my nearly 9 years with the organization. Work life balance is on the teammate, you work as much as you can and make time for family. Coworkers are the BEST, very much like a family vs. a workforce.
Pros
great organization
Cons
relocation to Nashville in 2017
Zone Office
At this level the work environment was great. Alot of pressure but wonderful people, small office. Bridgestone likes to promote from within and gave regular reviews (quarterly, twice a year, or annually, depending on position and tenure), and annual merit increases if you received a decent (i.e., Satisfactory) review. Very fair place to work and they treated their people well as they downsized from 2012-2016.
Pros
Regular reviews and pay increases.
Cons
In global companies, sometimes the left doesn't know what the right hand is doing; I'd say that was challenging at times.
Directions are sometimes skewed from district, but overall clearly overstated that objective is to always increase sales
Great work environment with endless opportunities
Good company with good benefits. You get out what you put in. If you wanna sell 400 tires in 1 month then your bonus will be fat. If you wanna sell 200 tires in 1 month you're still bringing home 2,500 that month.
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Enjoyed my time with the company. Learned many business skills. Great people in middle management. The changes they are making is exciting and was glad to be a part of it.
Pros
Great people
Hard work, long hours, good pay.
Exceeding sales goals and increasing customer satisfaction while being short staffed daily. It's hard work but the people make it worth while. Great management and teammates.
Pros
Benefits, discounts on products, teammates.
One of my best jobs
My love and knowledge for cars was the reason I applied to this company, and I was happy I did. It was a great experience, training was great and to meet some of the executives from the company was an awesome experience as well. I was able to interact with people everyday, talk cars, and be personable with clients because I helped them maintained their vehicle. There were tough times, but we overcame them and were very successful breaking sales records.
Pros
Pay, promotions, and rewarding
Cons
Best company I ever worked for!!!
Bridgestone is a great company to work for and plenty of opportunity for advancement.They gave me the tools and skills to advance my career further and I recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Great place to work!!!
Cons
No cons to list
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgestone Retail Operations. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8