Bridgewater Associates

Bridgewater Associates Employee Reviews

United States103 reviews

Fun and challenging place to work

Bridgewater is a challenging place. Everyone there promotes self growth and wants to see you succeed. I really enjoy working for a place with such a strong sense of purpose and culture.

Good

loved it there, good place to start off in the financial sector, you will not regret it. unique culture and management with seemingly great transparency are benefits.

Bridgewater Associates insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

its an indoctrination camp

beyond the need to get your job done and doing that well, you need to prove that you drink their cool-aid. The fact there is no privacy and every thing you say and do is recorded and could be brought up for future scrutiny. It creates an extremely stressful environment where one wrong move or word said will end your career there and cost you your job.

Pros

the grounds for the main office is very pretty

Cons

working for big brother...

Transparent and Goal Oriented

If you are looking for a career that provides you 100% transparency and is committed to the company goals, this would be the place to start. With that said, this company may not be for you if you are likely to be defensive and unwilling to receive feedback to better enhance your performance / output for the company.

Pros

Compensation, Career Development, Work/Life Balance

culture quite interesting and rewarding

overall, an interesting journey: care a lot about personal growth and professional growth. principles are ingrained in daily interactions. work is challenging.

Pros

remote work during pandemic

Fun Amenities, but very, very tough culture. Long work hours

Didn't feel supported at all. The farther away you get from the inventor of the Principles (Ray Dalio), the more bastardized the interpretation becomes. Speaking to him directly, things make sense. Speaking to a twenty-something right out of college on the same subject leaves you scratching your head.

Pros

Free Lunches, Great Medical Benefits

Cons

Tough culture. Need to be very thick-skinned

It takes a strong will

Worth the experience Very dynamic Fast paced can be harsh but you learn so much it’s worth it Will take you outside your comfort zone Think of it as a learning experience

Pros

Good cimp

Cons

Harsh reviews

An experience like no other

Long hours but a very rewarding job. Hardest part about the job is that Bridgewater is known for their strong culture. Although very challenging, it is the best thing that I have ever experienced. Excellent pay and benefits.

Too many hours (billable) and gained lots of good experience.

Highly recommend working there, if capable of passing the interview. Very pleasant working environment with lots of good networking capabilities. Interview is hard to pass, but much worth the effort if able to land a job.

Culture is tough.

Radical Transparency mindsets very difficult for experiential candidates and new employees coming from other firms. Very stressful environment and very fast paced. Not for everybody.

Good place to be right out of school

I think this is a good experience to have out of school because I went in with an open mind. Learned a lot about finance and gained good experience. I would only recommend this company to certain types of people who can handle the culture.

Great company to work for but may lack personal fulfillment for ambitious individuals

I had an amazing experience at Bridgewater Associates; however, I decided to leave because I didn't see a long term career path given the industry. You will learn more about yourself and others than anywhere else. Highly recommend if you are open minded, logical, and low ego.

Pros

Management, learning, experience

Cons

Located in Westport CT

Challenging yet rewarding workplace environment.

Challenging yet rewarding place to work. Amazing benefits, above average pay, and a unique culture which fosters a deep sense of community-mindedness and lasting relationships with fellow coworkers.

Great Company, but not for everyone

Bridgewater employees are the best of the best. The culture can be challenging and is not not for the who can't give or take feedback. It can be intense and somewhat cut throat, but if you're into that, you will love it.

Be prepared to learn about yourself

Great opportunities for personal development. Work hard play hard environment. Sensitive types need not apply. Leave your emotions at the door. Be transparent.

Crazy culture

Crazy culture, not as advanced with technology as one would expect. Bizzare company principals claim to support innovation and excellence when in reality it just elevates a mob rule pack of inferior strategies to be used to crush truly advanced capabilities. Hi pay keeps people working, caustic work culture ruins personal lives. Never worked with such a large number of overworked divorced

Great place to learn how to be a systematic manager and work in a healthy environment

Bridgewater is a good place to work with people who will care about you. It pride itself on applying solid frameworks for tackling problems and being a good employee.

Challenging but rewarding

Bridgewater isn't for everyone, but for people who enjoy the culture, it's a great place to work with a lot of smart people working hard to help each other.

Pros

Benefits overall are excellent

Cons

Working days are typically long avg 11 hours per day

Great place to work, the culture can be applied to your everyday life.

When I joined Bridgewater, I was a shy women and very quiet. Bridgewater helped me become a very convenient and open- minded person. I was a fast paced environment you would need very good time management skills to get through your day. The thing I like most about my job was that openness of being able to express yourself when things did not make sense. Management was very good about making sure you were in sync on things and being able to see the bigger picture when new procedures were put in place.

Unique

Couldn't have asked for a better team. Struggled with my manager but worked to get to a compromise. Very unique place to work, you either love it or your enjoy your time and move on.

Made me Stronger on all Levels

Great place - smart people. Challenging and lessons learned from the demanding of excellence in all things. Communication and transparency were the keys to success.

Pros

Many Perks

Cons

Long 10 hour days

Common questions about Bridgewater Associates

Answered by current and former employees at Bridgewater Associates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgewater Associates. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

43%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

14%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss