Bridgewater College Employee Reviews

good
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAApril 10, 2018
Bridgewater College is a good job. The management works well with all the employees. Im looking for a change of shift, don't like working at nighttime.
Part time academic tutor.
Organic Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAMarch 19, 2018
I was assigned students that needed help in certain subjects that I was good at and already finished. I tutored them as needed. I was a fun experience to engage with the students and attempt to explain concepts in different ways. It helped deepen my knowledge of such classes.
Pros
Time was flexible
Cons
No many work hours
Not Great
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAMarch 2, 2018
Your talents will never be used and your potential will never be realized. It's an entry-level job to jump-start a career. The people you work for will never care if you go above and beyond.
Students and Department Chair were great!!!
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAFebruary 28, 2018
I really loved teaching at Bridgewater. The students and the higher-ups in the Department were great!

Very engaged, and the small classes were ideal.
Cool
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAFebruary 10, 2018
It was a simple job, I got in to work as a student worker. You got paid very little as a student worker and the job load in minimal. not a very exciting job but if your employed by the school as a student, this is will you expect.
Awful place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 7, 2018
This place is probably one of the worst facilities in binghamton ny. They are always short staffed. Management is a joke. nurse to patient ratio is laughable at best. I did not meet a single person who was a happy employee.
I love working here but had to move
2nd assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJDecember 6, 2017
I loved my coworkers and we had so much fun but the pay wasn't that great for all the things they demanded of us and that's the reason why i left there in the first place.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Too many demands
Eagles nest snack bar
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VANovember 9, 2017
A typical night at the snack bar was flipping hamburgers, making milk shakes ,working along with your students.I have to say management was great back than.The hardest part of the job was working without the students when they were studying for exams.Or gone home for the holidays.I enjoyed working there but ...A lot of the students had bad eating habits with all the grease.One thing I have to say... It will be different there from now on. There is no eagles nest snack bar anymore.
Pros
Free food, Good pay
Cons
When college students were studying for exams you were left without help
BC Dining
Prep-Cook, Server, Cook (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAOctober 24, 2017
You could work your hardest and be put in positions of managing but others were hired on a higher salary than you. When management was confronted they took no action. Overall, most people were wonderful to work with. Corporate environment.
Ok place to work if you need a job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INOctober 16, 2017
It’s ok place to work pay is ok could be better mangement management could help on the floor when we short they could give bonuses when we pick up to help more team work from CNA
They underpay when possible and put you down
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTSeptember 28, 2017
Granted I was in a back office position, but they underpay (despite saying they pay in the top 10%). Moving from an admin to a business analyst role, I was offered no raise and instead was told that I didn't deserve a raise (despite being at the same pay point for the prior year with them). The hours are also very long and the culture is overused in contradictory ways to benefit upper management (taking both sides of the same argument against you).
Good Place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTSeptember 6, 2017
The people were great, good management and a professional and fun atmosphere at the same time. They always kept you busy with work and once a month they would buy pie for everybody to celebrate the birthdays that month.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Small company they couldn't afford to pay any more than what they were.
Productive and Fun
Event Personnel/Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAAugust 15, 2017
Working for Bridgewater exposed me to many new faces and challenged me to learn how to adapt to sudden changes in the work schedule. Every work day was different than the next. Some days were longer, others were shorter. I dealt with direct administrative staff all the way down to coaches. It was a unique and fun experience because I was around the sports environment all the time.
Fun
Archival Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAJuly 6, 2017
I got to work with different artifacts and help to make sure the were stored correctly. I worked with the photos are definitely loved working with the items.
It was college
English-Departmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAJuly 6, 2017
I worked a couple different jobs at Bridgewater and each one was different. The management that I dealt with was sometimes ok but other times great. It definitely had it perks.
Relaxed workplace
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAJune 22, 2017
Worked as a student tutor and was able to direct other students through some of the more challenging topics in genetics and biochemistry classes. It was an excellent opportunity to work on my interpersonal and organization skills. I also gained some teaching experience and was able to work with other students to improve their own study skills. The supervisors were extremely helpful and guided me towards meeting the specific needs of each student requesting help.
labor intensive but simple work
Athletic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAJune 13, 2017
I enjoyed it there is a lot of running and lifting. It had a good management and it was easy to balance work and school life at the same time. I would say if you are looking for an easy part-time job while is school I would say to definitely work for the school athletics.
Family, Mature,
Bartender Waiter (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 8, 2017
I enjoy my time Bridgewater !
Maintained inventory and ordered food items, supplies and equipment.
Supervised up to 20 staff members in all phases of banquet operations.
Interesting Workplace
Cardio Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAMay 1, 2017
Job was solid, took a good amount of focus on the room and the gym as a whole. Gave off good vibes, and welcomed everyone who came in throught the door.
There is no room for advancement
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 19, 2017
Hard working workers and not very good managers to help to help these workers hot. Not a very professional work place. They don't have good benefits at all.
Pros
10 dollars off lunch
Cons
8 hour shifts and only 1 half hour break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgewater College. Our community is ready to answer.