Bridgeway Rehabilitation Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall this job is pretty good
Wellness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, NJJuly 31, 2018
Stressful but pays well
Overall it has been a good experience and a great way to gain experience working with the population.
I would recommend this job to others looking to gain experience
Pros
good pay
Cons
high stress
Fake Dreams
WELLNESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fords, NJJuly 30, 2018
Everything stated during the large panel interview ended up being a sham. They only really care about billable hours and nothing more.

Team set up, I think not!! On multiple occasions within my short time their, I with my own eyes have seen it be a cut throat back stabbing world within this agency.

I relocated to New Jersey and if this is the state standard type of Agency than I need a new profession. Because this place is the Apogee of unethical.
Pros
Cons
Everything (Dramatics are not in this statement)
High stress job with no managers to train, guide, or do anything but criticize
Wellness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 16, 2018
High stress work with chronic and persistent mentally ill persons who were drunk and high at times and demanding all the time. Manager was there to criticize your every move and go out of his way to put you down despite you being the highest unit producing clinician. Manager put his priorities on getting through his day and not having to interact with his staff members. Some co-workers were there for persons served while others were just there to get a paycheck and get to retirement.
Pros
relaxed dress code and excellent vehicles to utilize.
Cons
Paid less than promised upon hiring, Expensive benefits which had high deductibles, manager who was all about himself.
very nosey staff
Wellness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fords, NJMarch 23, 2018
Staff was always in your business and gossip about old staff. I am now working for a new company and have a client who said that the staff at Bridgeway say negative things about me. Management was good, but the co-workers were too much involved in people's personal lives. the salary for a masters degree was 35k, in NJ no one could live off of that. Upon hire they agreed to be flexible with my school schedule, once I started working they didn't uphold this promise. I was constantly late for classes and I left after 6 months. Glad I did, professionals shouldn't discuss staff business especially after they left because this field is too small and the information will get around.

also if you leave without giving them notice (you have to give more than 2 weeks notice if you have been employed with them for more than 3 months- so if you worked for 3 months you have to give them 3 months notice OR you will not be able to use them as a reference which they make very clear in orientation)
Pros
clients, benefits, exposure to the field
Cons
driving all day hounding clients to see them. pressured from upper management to make quota
Great until Team lead ruined it
Wellness Clinician (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJMarch 20, 2018
Great team but as usual management ruined it.
Pros:
There was freedom in getting your job done.
Car provided

Cons:
Petty
The company serves many people with relentless efforts to achieve the basics.
case manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMarch 9, 2018
It is a fast paced unit that makes daily attempts to help manage the mental health population. The focus is to help secure adherence with treatment plans.
Pros
services are rewarding
Cons
adherence to treatment plan are very slow or never met.
Good Place to Work!
Homeless Emergency Solutions Worker (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMarch 8, 2018
Very good work environment. This place is awesome. I love the work that we do with and for the persons served. This company has a very good collaborative attitude and thus working as a team is good.
ok
HCBS, Rehab Trainer (Former Employee) –  Keokuk, IAJanuary 30, 2018
It was ok to work for them but there were rumors that they were getting bought out and also they didn't pay very well. Although the rewarding part was working with the clients. They were genuine.
Enjoyed working with the consumers.
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Overall job was fine.Need better training of new employees. Could be stressful at times. Enjoyed working with consumers with disabilities. Could be very rewarding most of the time.
burnout but offered good trainings
Recovery Counselor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 13, 2017
It will depend on which program you are working with, some staff can be supportive and helpful to each other. Responsibilities and caseload just keep increasing causing a lot of burnout and stress.
Outreaching
Wellness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 24, 2017
Learned about people with disabilities and how each one is different. You must treat them accordingly and know that every day will be different. I've had good and bad days.
Awesome place to work
Senior Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, New JerseyAugust 10, 2017
Bridgeway is a great place to work, awesome management and co workers. The Benefits were great. I enjoyed very much working for this Non profit agency, they provide an excellent service to the community.
Productive fun work place but there is no room for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 5, 2017
I have learned a lot working here but it is time to move on there no room for advancement here I would like to move up in companies that permit it ok.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
no room for advancement
It was ok
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMay 10, 2017
I have no strong feelings about this job whatsoever. The work I did was menial and did not provide any sense of accomplishment. It's a necessary position, though.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Unsatisfying
Productive work envrionment
Office Manager / Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJ 07003April 24, 2017
Through my experiences , I was able to communicate and work well with others and the ability to conquer all of my due diligence. I have also demonstrated superior multitasking talents, with the ability to manage multiple high priority assignments and develop solutions to challenging problems.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No room for growth
Great people! Easy going environment.
ICMS Wellness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newton, NJMarch 7, 2017
Easy going. Opportunities for growth. Lots of autonomy. Caseload isn't enormous. Encouraged to ask questions. Holidays are off. No micro-managing. Great environment.
promoting choice and advocacating
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Fords, NJJanuary 6, 2017
Overall great company to work for! Very caring and dedicated staff. great fulfillment in helping those who need it the most and to have them live successful and productive lives.
Pros
flexible
Cons
can be very busy
Productive place that nurtures learning.
Wellness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJDecember 21, 2016
Good place to work. Supportive staff. Good benefits. Funding available to aid any individual in getting training. Extensive training in EHR, note taking, and psychiatric rehabilitation.
Flexibility of take home vehicle, free car, gas, insurance,
Wellness Specialist PACT (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 2, 2016
I've been working here for about 6 years and overall I love working for our persons served, being there for the individuals who dont have family, we are their only family for alot of them.

One of the negatives of this company is our lazy upper management, especially Team Leaders, I've seen Team Leaders who do not complete their own IRP'S and have certain staff members complete and sign on their behalf their treatment plans, which is a no no, only licensed LSW and who are Team Leaders should be signing IRP'S. I've seen Team Leaders give their sign in and password to fellow members of the team so they can sign fellow members IRP'S. No one says anything due to the fact that nothing will happen.

Another negative is coworkers would have their own kids car seat in our company cars that we transport persons served, which means they are using it for personal usage.

Staff members using the $100 client assistance for personal usage, they would buy lunch for themselves and just put persons served initials on it and submit for reimbursement. There's a lot of foul things that go on, which I have reported in the past but it goes unheard.

Also Team Leaders who would take person's served to their own homes to help them move or clean their backyards which is totally unethical. I hope that one day the issues would get addressed.
Pros
Flexibility of driving around the community and not being in the office paper pushing, taking persons served on social outings, take home laptops
Cons
Management, they only look out for themselves not so confident of the team members, lazy Team Leaders who has staff complete their own paperwork, Irp's, favoritism
I do not recommend working here
Pact (Former Employee) –  Fords, NJAugust 26, 2016
As someone who has worked with a few agencies who serve the same population, I will say that Bridgeway was the most disorganized yet asked the most of their employees. Upper management is mostly horrible and seem to constantly be in fear. This culture of fear and cookie cutter interventions as well as excessive paper work and endless other responsibilities with little support from upper management resulted in me leaving my position after 6 months as this job negatively effected my quality of life and my wife noticed my stress level was far too high. I do not recommend working for Bridgeway.
Pros
Vacation days are generous. I think they mean well. Not many pros.
Cons
Horribly disorganized, no actual training in techniques expected to use, just very superficial training, Often put in dangerous situations, Pay is slightly less than other similar agencies yet workload is higher.