Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital Employee Reviews

The people I worked with here became my family
Assistant/Co-op (Current Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAMarch 25, 2019
Everyone, not just people within my department, was always super friendly and supportive! They make coming to work every day less of a hassle. Interacting with patients all day can be straining and we all do what we can to make it a little les so.
Pros
HR throws little parties or food gatherings here and there
Cons
Management most times has a disconnect to its department, never really know really what goes on day to day, so they always try to help but sometimes, since they don't evenunderstand the problems seen day to day they cannot begin to fix them.
This was where I trained to be an X-Ray tech and, upon graduation, worked until I got married. The staff was encouraging.
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 14, 2019
This was where I trained to be an X-Ray tech and, upon graduation, worked until I got married. The staff was encouraging and helped me realize my potential.
Productive place to work. Very friendly and work together environment
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2018
The work place is a very friendly and comforting place to work at. Small so you get to know most of the employees. Different departments help each other out. So does we’re the things I liked about working with Faulkner hospital
Pros
Discount
Cons
Salery
Bwh
Brigham &Woman Primary Care (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 24, 2018
Partners is a great company to work for. Friendly place. Great environment. Great management. People say good morning when you pass them by. A great place to be.
Pros
on site parking
Cons
no free parking
i like my job
HOUSEKEEPING (Current Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAAugust 21, 2018
i enjoy coming to work i work with respectable people , i know what i need to do when i come so theres no need for my supervisor or manger to follow me around
Typical hospital dealing with the fast-changing health care environment
Manager of Telecommunications, AV System (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 19, 2018
Have the ability to stay in one position or take on as much responsibility you can handle. Management support has been great, focused on patient safety and a safe work environment, really enjoy my job.
Much turnover, many new managers, long hours, no opportunities for flex time or working reomotely
Long term employee (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2018
The old Faulkner Hospital, prior to a large VRO (voluntary retirement offering) had a friendly, collaborative and effective culture. The new management, the degree of turnover with many positions still open, and challenges associated with their affiliation with Brigham and Women's Hospital have led to a decrease in employee engagement and satisfaction.
Pros
Small organization, easier to accomplish tasks/projects than in larger, more complex settings
Cons
Inexperienced managers, poor work life balance
Great Place to Work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 10, 2018
Overall a great place to start a career, it's a welcoming environment where people want to see you do well. The organization is in a bit of a flux and the typical culture seems to be lacking. There is limited room for advancement.
Fun Workplace
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAJune 8, 2018
Working at Faulkner hospital i learned a lot the great thing about this workplace is that they train you perfectly the staff is great.The most enjoyable part of my role is working closely with the nurses and doctors which are wonderful also meeting new people everyday is great.
Cons
Short breaks, Pay
productive and friendly
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2018
Everyone was so nice and welcoming at Faulkner. Facility was very clean, with bright and happy floors and great patient views. Good sense of team unity.
nutrition care asst
Nutrition Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2018
• Ensure patients are ordering their meals within their diet range.
• Modifying meal orders according to the patient’s diets’.
• Create meal orders for patients and making them aware of what they can or cannot consume.
Place of growth, undergoing strains with healthcare reform
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2018
Great place to grow. Excellent local leadership, but becoming more corporate under Partners consolidation. Strong emphasis on compassionate care and community service. "Friendly Faulkner" reputation.
Pros
Great teams, growth opportunities, small town culture with urban diversity
Cons
Corporate focus, general job uncertainty
friendly enviroment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAMarch 23, 2018
i just started working at Faulkner hospital but I think the workers there are extremely friendly and very organized. its very competitive at Faulkner and you are encouraged to bring out the best in you.
Pros
very competitive
Cons
wish i was a full time
Self explaninatoty Job
Third Class Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 17, 2018
It is typical for a hospital setting. Many trainings available having to do with the hospital. Boss and supervisors are fine. Parking not so much you have to pay out of pocket.
Chief Nurse Practitioner-Orthopedic Surgery (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2018
Hospital is small and friendly! Faulkner is a great place to work and have wonderful colleagues. Onsite parking is a bonus, but unfortunately there is a lack of upward mobility.
Staff is very nice and easy to get along with, But just way too much gossiping that goes on about employees business in that office.
Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAJanuary 30, 2018
To many changes in staff and providers in such a very short period of time. People coming and going way to often, It seems like there are way too many bosses and not enough structure.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very Short Lunch Breaks
people are nice
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  jamica plainJanuary 30, 2018
Union job so pay way great if you have been a nurse for a long time. Union dues high. Parking okay. Great benefits and cheap for a family. Somewhat easy to get to
Human Resources Employees are Very Rude
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAJanuary 2, 2018
My experience there was the worst ever as an employee there, they are not interested in the employee, there's alot of sabotage and double standards! The HR department is the worst they are very rude and never listen to what you have to say, it's like they make up there own rules.
Cons
They are sabotaging
Committed to the best patient care services
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2017
Overall a good place to work. Although the company is going through a major organizational restructuring, and some layoffs. The hospital is focused on maintaining it community hospital feel, also known as the "friendly Faulkner" and ensuring that patients and their family members receive the best care and attention to their health and wellness.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Project Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability work indepentently or as a team player in a fast paced environment. BWFH is a strong professional environment and requires strong work ethic which creates positive work relationships.
Pros
positive work relationships
Cons
inability to see patients on my administrative floor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital Reviews by Location