Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital
77Above average
4.2

Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital Employee Reviews

United States70 reviews
this is a great place to learn if your new to the health field and just want to get some experience. the staff are friendly and do their best to keep a friendly environment.
A typical day at the job in my position is: Coming to work setting up my work station, checking my in box and vmail to see what messages have been left, answering the phones to schedule appointments, refill prescriptions, get prior authorizations for procedures, sometimes checking in patients and balancing my cash draw. credit card transactions. I've learned different computer software and what it takes to successfully make an appointment and make sure the patient is receiving the proper care.
The hardest and most enjoyable part are both in the same. The patients. Sometimes they can be very hard to deal with and impatient. But then there are times where they are very friendly, sincere and caring. Either way my job is challenging and fulfilling everyday
Safe, respectful and good benefits. Comprehensive admission process, safe admission/transfer, balance acuity level of the unit. Great place to work. Bonus offers when picking up extra shifts
great place to work for individuals with families. very friendly atmosphere. very diverse patient population. great working relationship between different departments.
Working in a hospital, especially for the first time, can be very intimidating. However, everyone I interacted with during my time at Faulkner was very kind and welcoming and eager to help me in any way they could.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
They give you the right structure to do well. This is a very good place to work, most of the people are very nice and friendly. Love working at Brigham and women's Faulkner hospital.
I enjoyed working with the sw team as most of us were a few years post graduate school. Everyone was welcoming and extremely helpful with navigating the system. The ed medical treatment team were awesome to collaborate with when needed.
I was able to learn a lot as a float nursing assistant on the job. It was great to be able to work in the emergency department, ICU, general medical, addiction recovery, telemetry, medical surgical, and surgical/orthopedic units.
I learned how to really hit the floor and be busy all day. Between stress test and writing BICS numbers for consults. If asked to work there again I would try it again.
As as support staff, I feel supported by the management and superiors. Occasionally, we are understaffed as far as PCA's but the RN's are great and will be a great help.
This is a great job for people who have only a high school diploma because they pay $15 starting and give you a great yearly increase every year. Awesome place.
Pros
Great wage an hour
Cons
Bad Management
- New people every day basically
- Fast paced

- Management changes often

- The hardest part was lack of communication

- Easy job in general, good location
Great place to work at! It is a friendly environment that you can succeed in. Brigham in general is a really great place to work in. They give you the right structure to do well in.
Cons
I loved the experience at the Faulkner Hospital. The Volunteer Coordinator was an excellent people person, who understood the need for meaningful assignment and benefit to the Hospital. Excellent Hospital!
Pros
Friendly Setting
Cons
Only Volunteering :)
I was a clinical student at the Outpatient Physical Therapy clinic. Each patient receives one-on-one care tailored to their needs. I learned a great deal from working in this clinic and each therapist was welcoming and helpful.
This is a very good place to work, most of the people are very nice and friendly. But the department of patient transport and housekeeping are the department to work if your supervisor and manager don't like you. They have favoritism,the over work the staff that they don't like and the ones that they like are just sitting down play with their phones, make jokes and eat whenever they want. The manager is Italian so he likes the Spanish and if you have relatives working in another department, he will be cool with you.
Pros
Busy place
Cons
Poor management
Great clinical experience obtained, positive work enviornment. Very intelligent and resourceful coworkers. A teaching environment. Well compensated. Great management.
Everyone, not just people within my department, was always super friendly and supportive! They make coming to work every day less of a hassle. Interacting with patients all day can be straining and we all do what we can to make it a little les so.
Pros
HR throws little parties or food gatherings here and there
Cons
Management most times has a disconnect to its department, never really know really what goes on day to day, so they always try to help but sometimes, since they don't evenunderstand the problems seen day to day they cannot begin to fix them.
This was where I trained to be an X-Ray tech and, upon graduation, worked until I got married. The staff was encouraging and helped me realize my potential.
The work place is a very friendly and comforting place to work at. Small so you get to know most of the employees. Different departments help each other out. So does we’re the things I liked about working with Faulkner hospital
Pros
Discount
Cons
Salery
Partners is a great company to work for. Friendly place. Great environment. Great management. People say good morning when you pass them by. A great place to be.
Pros
on site parking
Cons
no free parking
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2