Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
open door policy
My role as a supervisor delt (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2018
The job duties where the same every night but the out comes where always different. The personalities you met on a daily basis is what made the job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is when higher level individuals didn't respect the job duties.
Pros
Overall the staff was pleasant to work with
Cons
People bringing there personal problems on the job
Fast-paced environment
Laboratory Technician II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 5, 2018
Most of my personal discrepancies with BWH arose from the large size of the company/hospital. It is impossible to pay adequate attention to each individual with such a large number of employees. HR department is poorly constructed and does not offer much support to employees in terms of satisfaction and career advancement.
Good Hospital
MR Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02201August 4, 2018
BWH is a good hospital with great physicians, researchers and staff. The commute is difficult and expensive but BWH provides comprehensive compensation packages and is an excellent place to grow your skills.
Pros
Great development opportunities
Cons
Difficult commute
Fun Job to work.
WIC Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAAugust 2, 2018
A typical day at work would begin most days by coming into the office early to make sure everything is ready for our first patients, this includes walking the Nutritionist through their schedule and looking through our office scheduling system to check for any changes. I do a similar task at the end of the day, I respond to any messages in our scheduling system and walk the Nutrutionist through the plan for next day. The majority of my duties include assisting patients, both in person and on the phone I schedule their appointments and help address any issues. For example, when a patient calls with a last-minute concern, I work with the patient to find a time for them to come to the office as soon as possible. This pattern is similar most days of the week
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 1, 2018
The management lacks in supporting the team that reports to them. Organization is almost non-existent in this department, there are no SOP's in place for how the positions should be performed. Training is different depending on who is doing the training. Not professional or productive.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Poor managment
Alpha chemical (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 26, 2018
I don’t have much to said about Bwh I think is the best place to work in United States
I like to work in Bwh
People treat you really good in Bwh
Good doctor
Good nurses etc
Great place to work, lots of places to take a break and re-group
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 24, 2018
An innovative and educational facility to learn and grow in. Friendly and warm staff. Fun place to work in and aspire professionally in a career. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
professional growth no matter what race
Cons
very fast paced
Ok place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 24, 2018
It's an ok place to work. Need more advancement opportunities for people of color. The number of "minorities' in management/supervisor positions at this place, in my opinion, is extremely low.
Pros
Not far from my home
Cons
Needs to advance more people of color
Easy to Get "Stuck" Here
SENIOR CLINICAL COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 23, 2018
Majority of people of color who acquire non-medical positions stay for more than 5 years and are not aware of opportunities of growth. BWH is run by POC and are underpaid.
Working as an AV Tech
Senior Audiovisual Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 23, 2018
Brigham AV has taken many rolls from video creations to moving furniture. We set up for big events and run webcast. Everything I know from the job I learned on site. Working at BWH has but great but you do notice a few social classes and get treated a bit different.
There are many great people who work here.

Want to know more about Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH)?

Ask a question
Working for the company of my dreams for a year
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 22, 2018
As a child I always dreamed of working for Brigham and Women's Hospital. I never knew what I wanted to do but it was a life long goal to get into the revolving door. Working as a nursing assistant in the float pool department was an experience within itself. I did have the opportunity to work with various patients in different departments. When it came to the management team I had I could have used improvement with the way they related to me.
Pros
Successful company that places endless effort into their employees
Cons
The way I was let go from the company wasn't the best experience.
A pleasant work experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2018
A good company to work for good working environment with a caring staff that delivers compassionate care to a diverse population in the greater Boston area. Compensation is also adequate.
Pros
A diverse work force.
Cons
Can be a stressful environment to work in.
Fulfilling and challenging positions
Intake Coordinator OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2018
Hired to start working for Patient Relations; one of the most challenging positions I've worked in. I had to delegate different issues and cases to representatives of the different areas of the hospital. Some cases were very difficult and complexed and patience was essential to diffuse anger. Fortunately, we also handled compliments which balanced our work. BWH has one of the largest Patient Relations Dept of any USA hospital and I'm proud to have worked for them. I also worked for other Dept which but Patient Relations was one of my favorites.
Intake at OBGYN was very intense due to the different situations and complexed medical histories of some patients. The contact with patients was the most rewarding experience of this position.
Pros
Learning at a peak.
Cons
High stress
Hospital xray dpt
Image Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2018
I had a good experience here. I filed, entered data information in the system, assisted doctors and customers with their X ray image, scheduled appointments, had meetings with the team every month, very fun place to work in,
Pros
many opporunities
Cons
commute
Fun welcoming atmosphere!
Staff Nurse / Resource Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2018
Great Place to work! Good work-life balance there. Supportive management. Great peer relationships! Magnet designation! Lots of workplace diversity! Clean facility!
Pros
Great work-life balance
Cons
very busy!
Management is poor
Practice Assistant to multiple depts. (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2018
Always hated being Micro Managed. They use certain employees to do their dirty work. Also in the time of desperate need for employers; they're not very supportive. I've noticed a BIG increase in a lot more YOUNGER employees which "of course" they'll pay Less to, than to an older individual WITH EXPERiENCE.
Pros
Events
Cons
Doing the work of TWO people and getting paid for ONE
Fun place to work
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2018
Love working as a team in the lab. Coworkers are nice and friendly. Supervisor understands and listen to the problems we have regarding the work machines.
Great start for emplyment experience
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2018
BWH is great place to start with little experience. Advancement is tough, however, as individual managers do not have authority to promote. Job titles are standardized across the institution.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 5, 2018
Great atmosphere and team environment. People support each other in both work and life. Very dedicated to making the mission or project of the moment successful.
Pros
the people
Cons
the commute
Backstabbing culture, poor management and overworked staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 3, 2018
Too bad the mission isn't followed on a widespread basis. Good patient care but employees are treated like they are disposable.

Managers don't care about employees and will do anything to have you do more and more work and you end up with a 2% raise for all your hard work.
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
inept management from frontline to the top

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight