Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) Employee Reviews

A really lack of culture
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2019
For being a hospital there doesn't seem to be a lot of compassion for work life balance and personal career growth. A great hospital for care but a lack of employee empowerment.
worst please
Ambulatory financial conseler (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAJanuary 4, 2019
worst place you could work for !!!!!!!!!! Management is awful
What can i say this is by far the worst experience of my life
cold heartless management
Dont work their if your a PCA
Nursing Assistant in PACU (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 1, 2019
They are very dis organize and they over work people. nobody respect each other at this place. they over work people so everyone is always stress and in a bad mood. and patient care is poor
Pros
good benifits
Cons
over work people
Summer researcher
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 30, 2018
Working at Brigham was a great experience for me. It was my first experience being handed a project, and having to do the work for myself to determine how best to achieve the set goals.
Amazing place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 23, 2018
Brigham & Women offered flexibility and respected each and every one of its employees. A must place to work when in the Greater Boston Area and pursuing a career in the HealthCare industry.
Brigham and Women's Hospital
IS Programmer/ Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 12, 2018
I work there a couple month, and getting laid off. In this position, you have to handle your own individual project from beginning to end.So, it is not for entry engineer position.
Patient care for various admitted patients
Patient Care Associate II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 11, 2018
Typical day for work as a patient care associate include dally vital signs, bathing patients, and providing general comfort and safety. I learned many things on an emotional level about being empathetic, as well as being decisive. I also learned to perform EKGs, applying telemetry leads, and taking blood glucose tests. Teamwork was essential for everyone to get the job done.
Fast-paced environment
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 11, 2018
BWH pays very well for a SW position, and they offer great benefits/discounts. Work/life balance leaves much to be desired due to the nature of the position/expectations from team members.
Pros
Great benefits/salary
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Great place to work at!
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA, USDecember 9, 2018
I had a really great experience at the Brigham.
It gave me the opportunity to learn so much about immunology and work in challenging projects.
Besides, the team I was working with was great!
Recommend BWH to all contract collegues
Lead O365 Deployment/Remediation Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2018
BWH work environment is top grade. Enjoyed showing up for work everyday with enthusiasm. Management was very professional, gave daily assignments promply with instructions. Overall was extremely satisfied.
Pros
Management structure and responsibility
productive company with great Benefits
Correspondence Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 4, 2018
i love working at Brigham and Woman/s Hospital
learned great communication skills
great management
great work place culture
The hardest part was seeing patients that are terminally ill
The most enjoyable part is seeing the smiles on the patients face when you can help them.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
seeing patients when they are feeling down
Best Job I Ever Had
Operations Manager - Patient Care Services (PCS) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 30, 2018
I can proudly say that without a doubt Brigham and Women's Hospital was the best job that I have ever had. The leadership and culture within Brigham and Women's is second to none.
field trips, food and learning was fun
Science Summer Academy (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2018
a typical day at work waking up at 7 am being at work at 8;30 am walk to my job meeting up with everybody outside the job or inside we all sign in at a specific hour with manager or leader we star working making science lab working on group talking then we will walk to the hospital and work and learned new thing .Then we will have lunch which the SSA the hospital will give us free lunch or the manager will get us coupons to buy food in the hospital , Then we had a 20 min off and then we will star again , then we finish for the day and then sign out.
I learned many thing that has to do with the hospital like rescuing someone life CPR etc. The hard thing of work was changing places sometime from different reasons , the manager was a great person .
The mos enjoyable thing of work was having fun in the summer with my classmate.
Pros
free food
Cons
moving places
Great place to work!
Medical Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 23, 2018
Absolutely loved working there! I would work there again in a heartbeat! I learned so much! So many advancement programs. Management is ok. The workplace culture is unbelievable. The hardest part of the job was leaving. I left due to family problems. I absolutely recommend to anyone that wants to learn and advance their career definitely apply!
Pros
advancement and development opportunities, pay is great
Cons
fast paced other then that there is no cons. Best place to work ever!
Enjoyable work and friendly employees
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2018
Great experiences overall. There are many opportunities to learn and grow with the company. Fast pace work environment. Safe and welcoming environments.
Why are you making me write this
Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2018
I don't want to write a review why are you making me do this indeed.com I am just writing this to fulfill the 150 character requirement that you are setting
Productive and friendly place to work.
HEAD CASHIER, OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2018
I worked at the Brigham and Womens Hospital many years ago at a time when four medical facilities were merging into one. It was a fast-paced and challenging time and the atmosphere was exciting.
Pros
There were many benefits and time off. They provided many opportunities for social interaction.
Cons
Travel time to work was long and difficult.
Review Summary
Women's Health Practice Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of speaking to about 100 patient's per day via phone and alternating to front desk/clerical duties.

I learned to never settle for less than what I deserve given my work experience and ethic.

Work place culture in the building itself was great amongst fellow coworkers.

The hardest part of the job was listening to disgruntled patients without being able to provide long term solutions for them.

The most enjoyable part of the job were my co workers, the staff was an amazing group of people.
Pros
Free Lunches at meetings
Cons
More than I'd like to admit
fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 3, 2018
Bed making grooming and vital signs top the day. Patient care, grooming. Death on oncology unit was frequent and that was demoralizing. Client on remission and discharged.
Pros
Brakes
Cons
Brakes
Exceptional place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 2, 2018
A typical day at work was helping the patients with their vitals before going in to see the doctor, setting up the examination room for procedures to be done, helping the doctors with procedures and ensuring the patients leave with a good experience. Management was great. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with patient flow on the busy days. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to work with the patients and some of the best doctors in the country and learning something new everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH). Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss