Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH)

Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) Employee Reviews

United States973 reviews
An amazing job that is supporrtive and future oriented! Fantastic management! Free training and CEUS. Many opportunities. Great colleagues!! Multidisciplinary teamwork approach
Pros
Free CEUs, great management, wonderful supervision
Cons
Parking
Brigham employees really had to work together during the pandemic. i consider us a family first. I worked at the first drive in Covid-19 testing site. It was a great experience and I was able to work with a lovely group of women.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hospital never closes
● Overall
Good place if you want to work in the medical field. Need to have a lot of patience with patients and coworkers. I’ve seen interns get offered a full time position after they ended.
Lack of Diversity, Work Life Balance, Not a Trusting Company, Commute is horrible, Only thing good about it is the Benefits and their still too high for a hospital
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Excellent place to work with a great nursing union excellent nurse/patient ratios. Wonderful work environment with great coworkers and multidisciplinary teams!
Pros
Teaching hospital. Great job
Cons
Can’t think
I always held BWH to such a high ideal and they have disappointed me. The pay was sub-par. $24 and hours for a nursing position in a crazy busy surgical department. The micromanagement is unacceptable and the lack of respect for people’s personal lives is unheard of. They promote people by WHO they know instead of WHAT they know which leads to ineffective leadership.
Pros
Doctors are fantastic and treat you like a person with respect and appreciation
Cons
Ineffective management, low pay, low morale
Great place to work.
Very busy but also offers a lot of benefits and rewarding career

Long hours but provide flexibility

Additional opportunities are available
The employees are treacherous, you have to watch your back. They want you to work for low wages and don’t think you have a life outside of Brigham. They give a false sense of their intentions
Cons
Low moral, no pay increase
For clinical work the Brigham is an excellent learning experience. But the overall work experience is subpar at best. There is favoritism amongst departments, and tenure impacts judgement.
Pros
Learning, networking
Cons
Hours, pay, work-life balance
Please do anything you can to find work at BWH. Amazing place to work. Good working environment. Excellent support system. Great wages. Awesome benefits.
The worst job ever! If taking a job here please only do a temp job, permanents jobs here are worthless! They are very stressful, you never get appreciated from management!
When I started working there management made you feel included and cared for patients and staff. Once retirement packages were offered newer management only cares about their own advancement and seem to be getting rid of staff with longevity.
Job payed good gave good hours but withheld my pay. I was always given extra hours if they could give it to me. I had a good experience with my co workers and the manager
BWH is an innovative location that truly cares about it's patients and staff. It promotes a Just Culture. Benefits provided by the hospital are great.
i liked the people i worked with.. just not the way the little people got stepped on. The healthcare system is being used incorrectly. There needs to be serious reformation!
There is very little managerial support. Managers do not care about their teams. Only if you are popular do they cut you some slack. If there is a conflict at work, even if you are bullied, it's your faulf, and you will be written up.
Wouldn't recommend it.
Leader ship is a joke. First priority of all management is to watch out for them selves. No future here or career advancement if that is what you are seeking. People are more driven to hold you back then then help you succeed.
It was a great program to be in while in high school. It was great exposure to the medical field and the different departments I had a chance to be in.
Personally, this job made me such a confident sonographer and my fellow sonographer a were wonderful. This is definitely a learning environment and they will work you to the bone but you will learn so much.
Good environment .Know what you are doing ,and where you want to be a few years from the time you hired. Be open minded ,do Not be intimidate by anyone.Just know your job and why you are there.
Pros
Great Learning Experience!
Cons
Employee Intimidation.
Both staff and patients were friendly. Everyone was family oriented. I worked on the oncology unit so it was a tough floor. The staff did their best to make the patients and families comfortable. The best thing was to see the patients leave the hospital back to their lives