Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Overall a great place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 9, 2018
Bright Horizons is a great company overall! I was welcomed by all the children and families, you can really see that they appreciate the time you spend with their children. The staff is inciting and will teach you the best ways to handle situations.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Moderate breaks
terrible place to work.
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2018
i would not recommend anyone to work at the Plainview location. The management team has no idea what they are doing and they treat their employees poorly. Im ashamed that i even worked for them.
December 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Bright Horizons is deeply committed to ensuring a positive work environment for all employees, where you feel supported for your contributions to making Bright Horizons one of the best places to work. Concerns regarding management are taken very seriously. If you are willing to share more details about your experience, we would like to hear more about them in order to address any issues directly. Please contact us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

Awesome company
Director (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 4, 2018
Loved working for BHFS! Best company ever! There was great flexibility and understanding if personal matters needed to be taken care of. If it wasn't for my move, I would have loved staying there.
The Environment
Primary Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2018
It could have been a good program, but the director on board was everything but professional, considerate, and level headed. Since they got rid of her, l am sure it has to be a little bit bettter.
Pros
USAA affiliated
Cons
Baby Mill
Floater/Teacher
teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJDecember 1, 2018
Working for this company was frustrating. The salaries are so low I don't see how anyone can survive or live on the low, low, salaries. The medical benefits are very mediocre and you have to wait 3 months to get them. Some co-workers were nice, others were awful.
Bright Horizons is very strict and almost cult-like in the way you can and cannot talk to the children. You are not allowed to tell the kids 'NO" or have them say "SORRY." There is no discipline, only re-direction. You cannot go to the bathroom when you need to-you have to ask and have someone come to your room to stand there while you run to the bathroom. While the kids can be great and some parents are great. . . .the parents are corporate working parents and work LONG hours. This means the kids are there from 7am to 7pm. You basically raise their children and potty train etc. . .
I would recommend this as a temporary job only!! You are constantly sick, snotted on, spit up on, sneezed on, peed/pooped on etc. When i was there a kid had ringworm and pinworms!! They did not pay well enough to deal with the cult like atmosphere and constant sicknesses I was exposed to, especially when the healthcare was so mediocre.
Pros
they provided lunch
Cons
healthcare, sickness, long hours, cult like atmosphere
December 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. The quality of Bright Horizons' learning environments is of utmost importance and we are proud of the strides we have made in the Early Childhood Education field in this regard. We appreciate the dedication of all of our teachers for the important work they do to provide a great experience for our children and families. We understand how hard they work, and we routinely evaluate our compensation and benefits package to ensure we remain competitive within our field. We're proud of our wide variety of benefits and programs including medical & dental insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, shopping discounts, and well-being resources. We are also excited about our newest benefit that provides our center employees the opportunity to earn their Associate’s or Bachelor’s degrees in Early Childhood Education at one of our partnered online NAEYC recognized institutions, entirely at our expense. If you are open to sharing more specific details about your personal experience, we’d like to hear from you at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

Great Company with many benefits but not for the "little man"
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 28, 2018
As a parent I can see why families are drawn to Bright Horizons. As a teacher it's not the greatest unless you like working under pressure and fast paced. I adapted and thrived being there but I have seen other teacher's buckle and quit only months in. There is a lack of pay when it comes to "fairness", there have been teachers with no units and no experience getting paid higher then teacher's employees for years.
Pros
Resources, large teaching team, benefits, discounts, location
Cons
Stressful, lack of support, not consistent
December 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Bright Horizons is deeply committed towards creating a great place for children and families. It is equally important that all of our employees feel supported at work. We strive to create a positive work environment through programs such as Better Together in order to provide a positive and family-like workplace. If you are willing to share more details about your experience, we would like to hear about them in order to address any issues directly. Please contact us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

productive place. best place to work at
Subsitute teacher at Bright Horizons (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VANovember 28, 2018
Very productive place. Always on schedule . But one bad thing about it is they don't close on certain holidays like Christmas eve or New years eve. But other than that its great working here.
Pros
eat with kids during meals
Cons
not long enough lunch break
A rewarding role when you see happy children
Nursery Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentford, SDNovember 27, 2018
This is a role that I enjoy very much as I enjoy watching happy children and happy parents. This allows me to feel that I have completed my purpose of my job role. The hardest part is finding a dedicated team who is willing to give 110%.
Pros
Watching children grow
Cons
Finding the team and sometimes lack of management support
great place to work
Preschool teacher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MN 55901November 24, 2018
A fun place to work if you enjoy working with kids. Co-workers are great to work with. A great company to work for. The families were great and easy to get along with.
December 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review; we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We strive to provide a positive and family-like work environment and it sounds as though you are definitely having that experience. Thank you for your contributions in making Bright Horizons a great place to work.

Great Start, Poor Ending
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Exton, PANovember 24, 2018
I was excited to work at this facility in the beginning, but due to poor management, I felt disrespected, unappreciated, and quickly became ready to move on to something else. I enjoyed the job of caring for and teaching children, but wasn't fond of how myself and other teachers were treated.
December 7, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Our HEART principles are the foundation of our work culture at Bright Horizons and guide how we interact with one another. We are committed to ensuring a positive and supportive work environment for all employees. We take concerns regarding management very seriously. If you are willing to share more details about your experience, we would like to hear from you in order to address them directly. Please contact us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

Home away from home
Education Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 23, 2018
The center was:
Warm and welcoming
Easy going atmosphere
Family oriented
Caring
GREAT TEAM OF EDUCATORS
The families enjoy receiving daily updates and pictures of their child(ren) throughout the day.
I must say the hardest part of the job for me was when the children aged out of the center.
Pros
Great benefits, meeting families, growth
review
ASSOCIATE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 21, 2018
lots of favoritism and lies to those they don't like and perks for those they do. they don't really care about the people just the brand and how to sell
Good Starting Job
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 21, 2018
If you are patient and like working with small children, you will enjoy this job. Management is okay - they try their best but there are a lot of complainers. There are also a lot of cliques within the employees which can make it hard to make friends if you're new. The pay was not worth it for me - it is a lot of work for not getting paid almost minimum wage.
Pros
Good benefits, working with children, good experience for education
Cons
Bad pay, petty co-workers
Management plays favorites
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bham AlabamaNovember 20, 2018
The children and families are the best thing about this location.
The "directors" are horrible as they gossip about teachers and families with the 3 or 4 favorite suck ups. and heaven forbid anyone try to hold them accountable for anything , you will be on their REVENGE list and they make your life miserable. They only care about money as the children are shifted to so many classrooms EVERY single day just so they do not have to pay a teacher. there is no stability or consistency for the kids at all.The management is nice to the parents faces but it is all smoke and mirrors, but as long as they keep enrolling families and bringing in the money, corporate doesnt seem to care about anything else....just check the HIGH turnover rate of employees. They lie to you and only help and support their favorite teachers which for some reason are the lazy ones, the hard working ones are the people that get treated badly, probably because they are decent people and do not suck up and hang out in the office gossiping with them. I bet some locations are ok to work at, but stay away from this one.
Pros
sweet families, paid holidays
Cons
bad management, seeks revenge when u dont agree with their horrible way of doing the kids
December 7, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We are committed to ensuring a supportive work environment where your concerns are heard. Bright Horizons prohibits retaliation for expressing your concerns. If you are willing to share more details about your experience, we would like to hear from you in order to address them directly. Please contact us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

Depending on the day
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2018
Bright horizon is a nice center but they under pay their employees and don't offer parking in the building, you have to park two blocks away( which you pay out of parking for) high turnover rate but the worst thing is they have to many people that wants to be in charge!
Pros
Paid vacation and sick
Cons
No parking, management
Very professional and family oriented work place
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FlNovember 20, 2018
Administration staff is Awesome, very understanding. They allow you to create a schedule thats convenient for your life. Great benefits. Awesome staff and very dedicated to team work. Ginuinely wants whats best for the teachers, parents and children.
Pros
Discounted chilfcare
Cons
Pay can be better
nice place
Application Support (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MANovember 20, 2018
Get into work and do your job. As a temp, I was helping with their new systems providing support to employees. The culture and employees were great. Hard part was not being able to be kept in the loop.
Pros
Employees, culture, work from home
Cons
communication
Friendly Enviorment
Floater Teacher (Former Employee) –  100A West 89ThNovember 18, 2018
The energy was always positive and warm. Parents were always happy with the activities done throughout the day and even happier they got to experience it through tadpole.
Caring workplace
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 15, 2018
The staff was understanding and really cared about their employees. There were always trainings being offered. I made a lot of friendships at Bright Horizons, both staff members and parents.
Wonderful culture
Educator (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 14, 2018
Lots of companies talk about their culture - "people are our greatest assets", "we are mission driven", "we value diversity",etc. but in most cases what is written on the website is not what you find in practice in the workplace.

Bright Horizons is different! Their HEART principles really do drive what they do. They value work-life balance and support, they genuinely care about children and families, and diversity & inclusion is embedded into the culture.

Yes, the work is hard but that is the nature of the work that we do. Choose a leader in the industry that is not focused on being the biggest but is focused on being the best!
Pros
Great culture
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.6Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.