Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 1,434 reviews matching the search See all 1,601 reviews
Great kid friendly atmosphere
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 21, 2018
If trying to gain experience working with children; this is the job for you.
This place has opportunities to move up in the company however having credentials are overlooked especially when determining salary.
Growth with Children
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 20, 2018
Creating fun and exciting lesson plans and watching children master a skill or improve in an area they struggled with was fun and exciting. Watching kids learn through plan and being able to teach was a great opportunity.
An Interesting experience
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 18, 2018
There was opportunity for expanding my education, and I took advantage of that program. However, for the amount of work that needed to be done compared to my salary, it wasn't worth it. I believe that Bright Horizons as a company places unfair expectations on its teachers with very little compensation.
Long time employee laid off suddenly
PreK /Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 18, 2018
I held a variety of positions in the compamy. There is lots of room for advancement which I took advantage of. I worked ther for 18 years and was then laid off. They said it was due to "reorganization of the admin team.
Not a Good Place to Earn a Living
Teacher/Chef (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 17, 2018
The main problem with working for Bright Horizons is that, unless you are in administration, you cannot make a decent income - especially if you have a family.

The demands of working with young children are quite stressful, and some of their initiatives and requirements in the classroom are, quite frankly, ridiculous. No plastic because it provides an unnatural feel? Really? Family style dining for three year olds? Really? Don't even get me started on Teaching Strategies Gold and Documentation Boards ...

I sincerely question the ethics of this company. They pride themselves on being listed as a Fortune 500 "Best Companies to Work For," which is based upon employee survey results. However, most of these surveys are conducted within the first three weeks of hire, which is going to bring the scores up since the new hires haven't had time to fully experience the scope of the company. For employees that are already there, most of the time there are incentives given for answering positively on the yearly surveys, and the bosses tend to me much kinder around survey time.

If you expect people to provide children with the highest level of care possible, perhaps it would be a good idea for the employer to, you know, pay the employees more than $8.25 an hour.

I should say, this job would be just fine for someone looking for a part-time job in college, or if you're retired and want a little extra income, or if your spouse/significant other makes so much money that you don't actually have to work/don't need benefits, and just want something to get you our of the house.
Pros
If you like working with children ...
Cons
Poor insurance, Stressful conditions for little pay, long hours
I was disappointed really
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 16, 2018
I believed at the orientation that this company did put their employees first. Being a corporation I could see how policies would look like they would be of benefit but really the adherence to the strict policies creates frustrated workers rather than loyal employees.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks and no grace for the time policy
A review..
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 15, 2018
Working with the children is a joy. Watching them grow and develop is rewarding. The management at bright horizons is lacking. There does not see to be a lot of organization and understanding of what they are doing. There is a huge lack of communication.
Pros
the children
Cons
the management team
Hardest Part of the Job
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
Working under managers that does not care about your well being, worse managers ever, the management is horrible wouldn't recommend this company to anybody because of poor managers and the way the centers are ran.
Great business, poor management
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed working with the children and I enjoyed my coworkers, but I didn't enjoy the management and how the business was ran at that specific location.
Brief Overview of Employment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 11, 2018
The Bright Horizons where I was employed, needed a lot more professional culture to be adopted.

Working with the children was very fulfilling. Engaging the children and having them make their own discoveries was enjoyable.The most challenging part is the preparation and cleaning up after the children. It was a little too time consuming. Would recommend Center Support assist in this area.

I learned a lot about the curriculum of Bright Horizons and the method of engaging and encouraging the children's learning and their participation.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the children and helping them discover something new each day.
Cons
Culture needs to be improved.Too much to do in the alloted time frame. Always felt rushed.
Excellent place to learn and grow
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 10, 2018
The Bright Horizons i worked in NC was very different to the experience I had in CO. I wish I had been able to experience more of a growth and that management hadn’t felt bias from time to time.
Pros
Benefits are outstanding
Cons
Maybe no follow up from the managers
Fast pace environemt
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 9, 2018
Love the families and children. Pay is low for amount of work expected. The best part of the job is making the families and children happy. The amount of work doesn’t add up to the pay.
Pros
Family feel, environment
Cons
Low pay
review
Center Support Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2018
Positive place to be employed at. Sharing moments with the children are times that you will never give up. Teaching the children tools that they can use in life.
I love Bright Horizons
Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 3, 2018
Great company with strong mission. I loved working here.
Strong focus on team and the mission. Great management and felt appreciated. Tough to get pay raises or promotions but have great benefits.
Pros
Benefits, co workers, lots of team work
Cons
Low pay, minimal advancement opportunities
Fun workplace with rewarding work
TEACHER & SUMMER CAMP DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Honey Brook, PAJuly 2, 2018
Working for bright horizons is busy with a lot of responsibility. The day keeps you busy and the kids are a lot of fun to work with and watch learn. The workplace is very open and accepting.
good work space
Subpool (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 1, 2018
good work space , kids are great , employees very nice and friendly , the pay is good including $22 for overtime . liked the idea of traveling to different locations
Pros
weekends off
Cons
management
Not an enjoyable experience
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 30, 2018
The compensation was very low compared to other centers in the area. Poor management and communication. Very short breaks, if breaks were even had. Long extended days with classrooms filled to maximum capacity.
Great Environment
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2018
The staff was amazing, very supportive and made the working and learning environment very relatable, positive, and filled with support. I was learning something new everyday and making connections with the children fairly easily.
Pros
lunch break and quiet time
Downsized without notice
Information Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2018
I was with this company through multiple mergers, I was overlooked for promotions and I was downsized without notice. This was not the ideal position for me to be in.
Pros
I had employment
Cons
I was downsized
Fast Paced caring environment
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 21, 2018
Management for the most part is wonderful. The culture can be a bit like high school with all the drama between teachers. A lot is expected of the teachers and not always planning time to complete these tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight