Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 1,631 reviews matching the search See all 1,846 reviews
Productive ,fun teaching environment
Teachers assistant (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILFebruary 15, 2019
Fun place to work at, serves great families and children
Not a lot of opportunities for profesional growth
High turnover
Provides good training
Good stepping stool for early education
Pros
Awesome training
Cons
No employee discount except managers
Due to poor management and unfulfilled promises such as adequate training in Kinser, the census of this business is constantly in flux.
Hospice Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93711February 15, 2019
I found my professional duties at BH very rewarding as I was able to be a very intimate part of the last 6 months of a persons life, walking them and their families through the death and bereavement process, remaining active in the family's life for 18 months after the patient's death. Unfortunately, the management and ownership of this company is aloof, arbitrary, and adversarial to it's employees, who are the ones doing the heavy lifting as hospice nurses and social workers, and yet there is little to no encouragement or advocacy for them. They promised me when hiring me that I would be adequately trained in Kinser, the system they used to keep files on their patients/worker relationships and the procedures we were all required to follow with our patients. Very inadequate training was given to me due to the fact that the one hiring me went to work for someone else just days after my hire. My training then, consisted on me asking what ever questions i had about the system and short, unsatisfactory answers. This was highly frustrating. Also, I was told it was a 30 hour a week position, and I would be paid 30$ an hour, per diem, and that there was an adequate census to support the position at this rate. Indeed, there was not enough census, and due to the fact that the patients/clients/customers who make up this business's clientele have been given 6 moths or less to live, it is imperative that the business continues to regularly replenish it's customer base. This was/is not being done and so workers are constantly having to make adjustments for lack of hours, and possible temporary  more... layoffs. I would not recommend this agency as a good place to work and certainly not a place where there is relative job security or career advancement.  less
Pros
the privilege of caring for and advocating for people in their last stages of life.
Cons
adversarial leadership and work environment; inadequate training and pay
Nonr
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 14, 2019
Everything was great. Except the managment pushes you to quit if they feel like you are a bother or if they feel like they no longer need you or if they dont want to give you a raise. They pick who they give raises to based on the relationship between that person and them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Managment
Great Place
Early Childhood Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 12, 2019
A great company to gain experience in the early childhood education field. This company has job security and wants you to advance within their company.
Fun productive workplace
Educator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 11, 2019
Usually a fun time working with kids, the staff can be ever changing, but everyone is nice. Making sure you know your kids, the kids you have that day, make sure you have adequate staff in the room and never lose control of your kids.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
lots of germs
Great Place to Work
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAFebruary 11, 2019
I worked here until I finished college. They are welcoming and work well with your schedule. They were friendly and a place I would recommend working to anyone.
Fun place to work at
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 11, 2019
Fun place to work at, serves great families and children
Not a lot of opportunities for proffesional growth
High turnover
Provides good training
Good stepping stool for early education
Enjoyable place to work
Child Development Caregiver/ Diversity Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Most families that came in were very kind. Great diversity of families that come through which provided different learning opportunities for the children. Great place to learn about child development and create curriculums that are fun and educational for the children and their families.
This place is like a prison for employees!!
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2019
If i was able to not rate I would keep it just like that. This company is stressful! They work you to death, barley pay you anything, and expect your personal life to revolve around them!!! Management is HORRIBLE!! They’re so rude and nasty, they talk to you however they want! Also once your sick they don’t even care they still want you to come in like how heartless is that? They expect a doctors note 24/7. Plus the pay is HORIBBLE you would have to really work 40 hours just to pay your bills!! You never know what to expect from them, one week you’re getting 30 hours the next week you could possibly be seeing 20 hours! Like that isnt fair for workers! Overall I would NEVER recommend this place to anybody its a fraud! They make this place look great on it’s website but in real life its a complete nightmare
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Everything!
Love BH
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 9, 2019
I hope to someday return to Bright Horizons in an administrative position. I only left the company because I moved and the hour commute wasn't worth the pay that I was making as a teacher.
Its a Challenging place to work
Chef (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2019
In my opinion, a typical day at work is basically fast pace and non stop from the time you come to work until its time to go home. Its high volume and sometimes you have to make improv decisions. I learned a lot about working in a fast pace environment. We have to prepare meals for 300 clients.
Inclusive, caring.
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2019
This company really cares about its employees and the families and children they serve.

Employee benefits: you are given benefits close to that of a fortune 500 company.

Family benefits: the children are cared for so deeply!!
Pros
Free lunch if there is enough left over. Kids get fresh fruit and veggies!
Co workers make work fun, children and families are awesome
Infant Room Teacher (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2019
This center being my first child care facility to work at has been challenging. Children by themselves are challenging, trying to teach them to be civilised and social butterflies is something else in its entirety. However working here has taught me many things, has helped me achieve many skills and taught me patience and lots of it.
Pros
Hour lunches, coworkers being free food, birthday potlucks, random jean days
Cons
Poor pay, small raises, challeging children
Unporfessional
teacher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2019
Not everyone but a few were cut throat, and they pretend to help and or listen and stab you in the back. all the management favorites like unbelieveable. I would never recommend this daycare. they are heartless and horrible and lazy. I still work there because i need the job but seriously grow up. Just unprofessional and they really dont train you well even though you take a 2 week training you just read and goof off.
Pros
just the children
Cons
everything
Good Company
Manager, Procurement Customer Service & Support (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 24, 2019
As a whole the company is very good to its employees. Has a very familial type of culture. I have grown in my role over the past 5 years and your hard works is recognized.
my review was 9
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 23, 2019
Was a nice place to work excelent manager but some coworkes was unprofessional. But the enviorenment was excellent the parents and the kids I don't habe complain
I developed many teaching skills which helped to develop my education in a greater way.
Infant/Toddler Educator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 23, 2019
*A typical day centered around engaging activities with children.
* I learned many things from children.
* Management worked well with employees.
* The workplace culture was diverse.
* The hardest part of the job was to wonder if I helped to create teachable moments.
* The most enjoyable part of the day was circle time .
Bright horizons
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2019
Nice place to work but need to increase the pay!
I've worked here for 5 1/2 years and only got a dollar raise within that time frame. They really need to raise there salary. There's barely any holidays off. The school is closed on MLK day but they insist we have an 8hr meeting on that day.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Doesn't pay much
wor enviroment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILJanuary 20, 2019
working for bright is the most fulling job, you meet lots of loving family and their children. Someday you job is filled with later and joy and other days you ask your self why are you here and then you remember that you are here for the children and their growth.
Pros
benefits, children and family cultire
Cons
different work hours and long distance drive
Disappointed
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  MDJanuary 19, 2019
Constantly short staffed so you had to stay longer. Confusion on children transitioning to new classrooms resulting in some children stuck in a classroom they've clearly outgrown. "Annual "reviews are forgotten by administrators. Feeling you have to choose between your health and working while sick.....or you suffer the consequences. Pay is extremely low, especially for those with extensive experience. Health Benefits don't offer much choice. Would like to see a choice between an HMO( like Kaiser) and traditional PPO( BH offers Aetna)
Pros
Nice facility, most coworkers
Cons
Extremely low pay for a metro area( especially for teachers with extensive experience), benefits are costly and there's only one company ( Aetna)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight