Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

United States2,389 reviews

Found 2,389 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,756 reviews
brightchildteacherparentclassroomcenterbhdirector

State of the art centers with opportunity for growth.

Featured review

Bright Horizons Family Solutions selected this as a representative review
For twenty-two years I had the opportunity to work at and support many Bright Horizons centers. In most centers the goal of the faculty and administration was to live the BH mission of providing a safe, healthy, individualized learning environment and to do it with HEART, Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork. Living the mission and Heart Principles was a critical part of Director Orientation. The daily implementation is what has set Bright Horizons aside from the rest. Management and my direct supervisor, were always available if and when I needed them. My opinions were heard and stood for something. BH was "a family" to me for twenty-two years. If you're willing to work hard, continue to grow and believe in the company's mission then this might be a good fit for you. Best of luck in your search.

Pros

Support, training, competitive salaries, amazing environments, materials and supplies, and above all competent, experienced co-workers and the ability to grow in your career.

Cons

It's hard work providing for the individual goals of each child and family. And, it should be hard work. These children are the most precious thing to their parents

Official response from Bright Horizons Family Solutions

September 10, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working at Bright Horizons. We definitely think this is a great place to work and are so glad to know you experienced our HEART principles at work. Our goal is to make Bright Horizons feel like family to our employees so it is especially wonderful to hear that you felt at home and supported by your colleagues and leaders. Thank you for your contributions toward making Bright Horizons such a special place for our children, families and colleagues.

Good at the start, but takes a turn for the worse

I understand times are stressful during COVID-19 and every company is going through or has gone through a huge bump in the road, however I can't think of a more stressful job I've had compared to this. Leadership are all nice people, but when it comes down to actually supporting their teachers they aren't very present. Often spending hours in the office or just hanging out at the front desk, even when we are extremely low staffed. I was told in my first week to not let them take advantage of me, but they did and it pushed me over the edge. The children and families are wonderful, however my experience at Bright Horizons has made me question whether or not I want to stay in education.

Pros

decent benefits, kind families, great philosophy

Cons

leadership doesn't keep their promises, low priority for teachers, easily burned out

Bright Horizons Family Solutions insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Fun workplace with co-workers

Bright Horizons in particular is a good company to be if you are interested in childcare. This company does have strict policies and you may find yourself questioning a lot of the things that happens if you decide to stay. They constantly add new training every month, the management may not be the best depending on which center you work. It's not the same for each center, as some are owned by different companies so the experiences may vary. Most of the parents and children are sweet. Even with all the things going on, if you can remain level headed, you still may find yourself wondering how to do something more positive. After a certain period, if you know that everything is going to become predictable, this is most definitely not the field that you want to be in.

Pros

Offer free education

Cons

Toxic environment for people who are trying to do different things

New Perspective on Teaching

there are a lot of guidelines to follow. So if you mess up, its your own fault. Its not that hard but it is hard to stay energized. nothing else to say

Pros

location, families and working conditions

Cons

pay and advancement

Good benefits but management is lacking

I've worked at 3 bright horizons locations and the experience really depends on the management at your center. The centers are well taken care of and there's a sense of community amongst coworkers but definitely a lack of support from management at 2 of the 3 locations I was at. Pay wasn't great (depends on experience/education) but I was there precovid so that may have changed.

Management cares nothing for the sitter, only for the family (because they're paying!)

I find Bright Horizons to be a terrible place for sitters. Whether it's them not knowing nor caring that there is or isn't parking available, if there's a complaint from the client that the sitter didn't do this or that, they don't ask the sitter's company if that's standard policy or not. They just take it as a complaint and the sitter gets a bad score. Overall, inhumane for sitters. They can certainly do better and treat their employees with respect and decency.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

They don't care about the employees

Fun place with lots of resources

I love working at Bright Horizons, and I received a lot of support and encouragement to further my education and opportunity to do so during my time here. My greatest struggle was that there can be a lot of cattiness between staff and admin definitely have their favorites who get preferential treatment and opportunity to advance sooner. I enjoyed my time working here.

Pros

Access to free college education & CDA

Cons

inconsistent staffing

toxic workplace

My advice to the management team at bright horizons would to be extremely aware of how you are treating your staff members. Personally being a former employee from Bright Horizons I can attest that not a single teacher struggled because of their responsibilities, children in their care, or pressures of working with children. It was purely because management does not acknowledge concerns or if they do they do not follow through and take action. The anti-bullying policy in the staff handbook needs to be followed. I was targeted by almost every staff member upon hire and was not welcomed at all. I was anxious going to work most days. When addressed to management nothing was done and I was told to “ride it out” awful company and toxic workplace. I have interviewed at other child care centers where DIRECTORS have had similar experiences. Management team it really is time to reflect on what causes your high turnover rate. It’s very sad because with the benefits and wages this company offers it could flourish but the treatment I received while being a staff member there crushed my self esteem as a teacher by constantly feeling like I wasn’t good enough for anyone in that building.

Bright Horizons Western Springs was a great place to work. The children made the job easy and the parents were great as well. The staff was friendly and professional.

Very easy and fun job

Sometimes the job isn’t organized such as your work day schedule and you lunch may be at different times everyday. The job has its benefits though, food is provided sometimes.

This is not what you want...

Do not work here if you can help it. Low pay, toxic environment, blatant favoritism, blatant disrespect (that even the parents see and are aware of). The kids are overall ok and if the parents love you they will get you gifts, you can get a bachelors in education for free with them but the catch is you have to work for them for at least 18 months after graduation or pay them back.....overall the cons outweigh the pros.

Pros

The childcare discount for employees, nice parents, if you want a bachelors for free in Education they will pay for it.

Cons

Low pay, no work life balance, lots of stress

Great work culture

I enjoyed working for Bright Horizons. Everyone was nice and supportive in my experience. I had a change in direction as far as my career goes so I an no longer there, but I'd definitely return if I still had interest in teaching. Supervisors and colleagues were supportive in helping me advance. Overall great experience.

Good job

Great job. Worked as a teacher. Long hours and not that much pay but needed something when I was a college student and it worked for me. They will work with your schedule

Supervisor

No training. Got added as a last addition and had no welcome culture. Very awful. They just had you start on your first day. Very strict with rules that didn’t even affect the safety of a child.

Great work culture

Amazing workplace, plenty of opportunities to grow as long as you are committed and willing to learn! Culture may differ from center to center, however, company culture and principles are very much employee oriented.

Pros

Inclusive workplace, sense of belonging

Cons

Pay, staffing shortage

Fast pase work environment…which I loved!

Fast pase work environment…which I loved!. I was always busy in the good sense. Leaning new things and getting better at helping out parents along the the way. The culture is so diverse and awesome. Really recommend this job if you love to help people out. Makes you grow as a person. Best job I ever had.

Fun place to work, great coworkers

I enjoyed my time working here. Supportive bosses and coworkers. Always had my annual review. Fun place to work.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Low pay

Set the standard

I would absolutely recommend Bright Horizons for employers looking to offer employees a childcare benefit for their children and for those looking to work in early childhood. Their standards of care, cleanliness, growth, acknowledgement of employees, and culture is unmatched. I had a great experience during my time at the JPMorgan Chase, Pizza Hut, and JCPenney Dallas and Plano locations under this company.

Horrible!!!! Save your time ! And ENERGY!

Horrible place to work don’t waste your time money is horrible leadership is horrible and they do not care about your personal life only to have someone show up for shifts been there over a year i know !

You meet amazing familied

Bright Horizons is a very dishonest business to work for. They have favorites and if they don't like you, the leadership works together to make up stuff on you. If they want you out of there, the lies and untruthful accusations start to form. There is no support for staff unless you are a trouble maker. They really like you then. It is like being in high school all over again. Staff are promoted with a high school diploma and NO experience or education; over staff with related degrees and experience. This is a very unprofessional business to be a part of..

Good Start in Field

This is a good childcare job, if you are just starting out in the field. You will how to work in a daycare that functions strictly off state guidelines.

Common questions about Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Answered by current and former employees at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.
Powered byComparably