Bright Horizons Family Solutions
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Bright Horizons Family Solutions:

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA55 reviews
You either love your job or hate it. Nothing else really matters. The older you get certain aspects of the job doesn't bother you as it did when you were younger.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Managment unorganized
I love working at Bright Horizons. Everyone is great to work with and the management is always helping you succeed in your role. I am so happy that I found a great company to work for.
Management stayed in the office, never helped. Paperwork wasn't completed for health insurance and I had a bill. Location was great and some of the teachers but management was very poor.
Working at the Democracy Bright Horizons is amazing and awesome if we are talking about the teachers only. When it comes to the administration, it's a complete mess. The director has no control over her center; she lets other administrators who aren't qualified to take over and mess things up. The administrators would make you work long hours without pay, and they wouldn't care if you were unhappy; they will tell you to be a "team player" when all they do is sit in a small office doing nothing productive. The teachers make you feel right at home; they are willing to help you learn the system and the rules of the center. They are amazing teachers that deserve a better administration team that supports them.
November 21, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoy working with your colleagues. We understand that the ECE field can be rewarding and challenging and we want all of our employees to feel supported in doing such important and meaningful work. We strive to create a positive work environment through programs such as Better Together in order to provide a positive and family-like workplace. We take your concerns seriously. If you are willing to share more details about your experience, we would like to hear about them. Please contact us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.
My experience at Bright Horizons was very rewarding at first. As the years passed, all of the good teachers either left or where fired. They established these heart principals for the staff to follow which I feel is a joke, because they don't adhere to these standards only when it fits their needs at that particular time. The administrative team is not supportive and the work is very stressful. There was no planning time for teacher's to prepare their lesson plans, lot of he say/ she say, always ratio issues, and lack of teachers, due to very high turn overs.The good thing about this company that I obtained a great deal of knowledge while being employed there.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Overall, the job is what you make it. The environment was lovely and so were the parents and children but sometimes the leadership team lack direction and it showed.
The assistant is very rude and unprofessional. The director was never there and had her assistants doing the work for her. There was a lot of drama within the work environment.
August 9, 2019
Thank you for providing your feedback. We take your concerns very seriously. If you are willing to share more details about your experience, we would like to hear from you in order to address them directly. Please contact us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.
Only thing worth this job are the kids! Admin has too much favoritisms towards teacher that don’t want to work. And over work those that do there job right! They also talk behind employees backs if they can’t make it to work due to sickness or if ones child is ill. Expected to work long hours with Little or no break at all!
Pros
Make some great friends and meet amazing families
Cons
Long hours, over work and stressful
April 30, 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Our HEART principles are the foundation of our work culture at Bright Horizons and guide how we interact with one another. We are committed to ensuring a positive and supportive work environment for all employees. If you are willing to share more details about your experience, we would like to hear from you in order to address them directly. Please contact us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.
administration Dis organize Lack of communication with parents and teachers. Teachers have to buy their own materials bright horizons can’t afford it. Don’t ask For reimbursed you will not get. They expect you to come to work 7 inches of snow & ice then send you home just working 2 hours. You can’t disciplined the children. You can only read direct the children play another area. you can’t say no to the child. The children don’t learn from right to wrong. You don’t get office hours they expect you do lesson plans during children’s nap time. minimum-wage is $13 you Annual raise will be $.25 for hard work you do it not Worth it.
Pros
Cons
Administration don’t Appreciate their coworkers.
April 23, 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. As a company, we are committed to delivering on our promises: providing high-quality education programs and excellent care for children. All of our employees are vital to this mission and we strive to create positive work environments where our teachers are supported to do their best work. We are sorry to hear that this has not been your experience and would like to directly address your concerns. Please reach out to us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.
Bright Horizons was a great place to work. it was full of teachers who get a long, interact with one another and help each other out when needed. The teacher truly cared for the children that came into the center
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions?
All of the centers are DRASTICALLY different, the center I was originally interviewing for was very nice, welcoming, seemed very organized and clean, the center I got hired by....HORRIBLE the Administration team can never agree, and if your Education Coordinator is as unprofessional as mine, you don't get any help, your materials come late, and you never know what is expected of you. The teachers are so afraid of losing their jobs that they go out of their way to find any mistake you make to report it to Administration, who is never able to be of any help in a crisis. Plus you can work for a month and not even receive a full day of PTO. Everything is their way or the highway, they would rather fire new talent then take the time to develop it, for the stress and the pay it's not worth it. The only real perk here is weekends and holidays off.
Pros
Weekends and holidays off
Cons
Disorganized, lots of paper work and teacher only responsibilities, company culture
This was the wrost experience of my life. This job was very unprofessional the management team was very rude. Working from 7-6 was extremely the longest work day of my life. Kids would come in sick every day. The toddler classroom was very uncomfortable and very unprofessional.
October 2, 2018
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Bright Horizons is deeply committed to ensuring a positive work environment for all employees, where you feel supported in the important work you do working with children and families in our care. We are sorry to hear that you have left the company without this impression. Concerns regarding management are taken very seriously. If you are willing to share more details about your experience, we would like to hear more about them in order to address any issues directly. Please contact us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.
This program is poorly run, The classrooms have no supplies, especially the toddlers program and discipline for the teachers is not accepted or enforced. The higher management are untrained and unsupportive
Pros
Cons
Program quality
April 19, 2018
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Bright Horizons is dedicated in our mission to care for children and families as well as creating a positive work environment for all our employees. It can be challenging work, but we absolutely want our employees to enjoy all the rewards early childhood education can bring. We do take concerns regarding program quality seriously and would like to hear more about your specific feedback. If you are open to sharing your personal experience, we’d like to hear from you at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.
Great manager. I learned a lot from her. The staff acted as a team and was very helpful to one another. The facility did not lend itself to some of the children who came into the center. This made the job somewhat challenging at times. The compensation was very low for the amount of work and the kind of work that was required.
Pros
Good learning experience. Training. Accolades for a job well done.
Cons
No healthcare. Full time hours, part-time status.
I love working at Bright Horizons and the only reason I'm thinking about leaving is because I have been doing the assistant director job for over a year and management says I'm not ready to be Assistant Director. I don't feel valued.
Pros
Great place, great people, great families
Cons
No growth when growth is available.
Company is a great place but each center also has their own culture. Great place to advance and work your way up from the bottom. Tuition reimbursement also a plus.
• Created warm and stimulating environments filled with different sights, sounds, textures, and sensations.
• Comforted and supported infants through one-on-one moments of basic care needs, play, and communication.

• Enjoyed collaborating with a talented team of early childhood professionals.

• Partnered with parents to support, guide and share in their child’s growth and development.

• Impacted the lives of children and families every day.
Working at Bright Horizons was a very enjoyable experience! Nurturing children and helping develop their education needs was a joy of mine. Not to mention the amazing work staff where every one gets along and can correctly operate in a workplace made the experience even more enjoyable.
The work as an infants teacher can be fun, but you'll be vastly underpaid! Expect to do a lot of planning, research, and classroom prep for not very much.
The director is a 'her way or no way' kind of manager
There are so many schedules and controlling behaviors that you just hate being there

The kids are the best part about the job along with their families and co workers.

After I left, I told myself I'd never teach again because of how horrible we were treated there

Bathroom breaks were rare. You'd ask and the director would either forget you asked for finish the million things she needs to do before she came to you

Director only sat in her office all day. When she came into your room finally - you always knew it was for something bad. She never had anything nice to say. Always brought fellow teachers down & made them feel inadequate.

The time you leave isn't the time you leave at all. You never leave on time.
Pros
Fellow teachers, kids, families.
Cons
Everything else
Every day the most important thing to offer safety, health, to meet their daily needs, for me it was a pleasure to teach them through music and dance, to move their bodies and create happy faces, with the desire to recognize the music and wait for the moment that the teacher starts dancing for them to do it too.

The difficult thing of the day was to understand the needs of infants, such as hunger, sleep, change the diapers or just wish to go another place or take a toy.

The most satisfactory thing for me was at the end of the day when the parents came to pick up the children and find them happy as a sign that they had a good day.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.