Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

great place
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 26, 2018
i loved working at bright horizons it was great and my manager was amazing i wouldve worked there forever if i could but life had other plans this is such a great job and if you're considering it i highly recommend you do!
Awesome job for those who want to be in that field
ASSOCIATE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 25, 2018
Working at Bright Horizons was an amazing experience. I made a lot of new friends, and I enjoyed working with the children immensely. If you like kids, go for it.
April 19, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review; we are glad to hear that you had such a great experience as a teacher for Bright Horizons! We strive to provide a positive and family-like work environment and it sounds as though you definitely were able to feel our HEART principles at work. Thank you for your contributions in making Bright Horizons such a special place for children and families (and such a great place to work!).

Amazing Clients and Managment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 22, 2018
The time I spent at Bright Horizons I got to meet some pretty amazing people. I absolutely loved all the people I worked with whether it was co-workers, clients, or managers. Management is understanding and cares about their workers. The most Enjoyable part of the job would be the clients.
Great Place to work
Provider/Customer Support/Case Manager/Chat (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 22, 2018
Great Place to work. Culture is inclusive. Lots of remote positions; A lot of self-training, Problem solving and being able to deescalate some situations when required.
Pros
Flexible
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Plum, PAMarch 21, 2018
Bright Horizons Family Solutions is a great place to work. The families, teachers, children and administration are like family to me. We work as a team!
Pros
friendly staff, great curriculum
Cons
Healthcare could be better
Staff was wonderful, Horrible Director
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 20, 2018
The facility that I worked in unfortunately wasn't run properly. The ratios between student/teacher were almost always not in compliance. This most of the time made it difficult to leave on time because there were too many children and not enough staff. The Director kept scheduling tours/visits, and almost always never knew how many children were scheduled on any given day. The only time ratios seemed to concern her was when licensing or the Regional Director was coming to visit. The Director, also, did not communicate with the appropriate staff members when there was a situation being planned. As for the staff, all were very friendly, but we were all stressed when ratios we were over student/teacher ratio.
Pros
Benefits, Advancement
Cons
Pay/Salary, Inclement Weather closing
Supportive workplace
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 19, 2018
Great opportunity for career advancement within the child care industry. Supportive managers. Plenty of material available for support or training as needed.
Pros
Work place environment
Cons
staffing shortage
Swim Instructor
Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2018
Responsible for teaching infants, toddlers, and children the proper way to perform all swim strokes, as well as mastering the techniques of different water and swimming skills
Pros
I'm a swimmer and I loved being able to work with kids of all ages in the water, great place to work, friendly and helpful staff, fun job.
Cons
The person that owns the company was very hard on me as well as other employees, the pay wasn't very good, long work days in the hot sun, having to deal with problem kids/parents.
enjoyable
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILMarch 18, 2018
As a teacher I enjoyed coming into work each and every day. I worked with excellent teachers and had some great bosses. I loved how they gave me the chance to do some computer work in fixing certain software programs and do some troubleshooting.
Management cares more for appearance than the atmosphere ...
Center Floater (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 17, 2018
Many times higher ups will say something moving and heartwarming to convince you that they really care for children, when all they care for is profits
Pros
Good teaching experience, diverse work culture
Cons
Work/life balance in very skewed, overtime isn't paid, higher ups play favourites, you're not paid enough for what you do, on and off the job description.
April 19, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Bright Horizons is deeply committed towards ensuring a supportive work environment for all employees and while I am glad to hear that you seem to enjoy many aspects about working here, I wanted to address your concerns regarding staffing, pay, and hours. I absolutely recommend sharing these with your supervisor or even your Regional Manager and/or HR Business Partner if those conversations have not been productive. If you are willing to share some details about what you are experiencing at your location, please contact us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

Enjoyed working for this company
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28269March 17, 2018
A typical day is preparing the classroom for the children before arriving. Once the children have arrived I would plan an activity that is from the lesson plan from the week.
Fun environment
Early Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAMarch 17, 2018
Technology Children's Center at Lincoln Laboratory is a fun, high energy facility. While playing with children all day long seems fun at first it can be stressful as well. The best part of the day or week even, is when you have been working on something with a child and you see it finally click for them ( writing their name, understanding a concept, etc.). The hardest part of the job is being short staffed. It takes its toll on everyone when people are not willing or able to work longer hours. Management tries their best but no one can force their employees to work. I have learned so much in my time here at TCC Linc.
Pros
fun, great learning enviornement, clean
Cons
short staffed, long hours
April 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working at Bright Horizons; we definitely think that this is a pretty great place to work and are so glad to hear you feel the same! A huge part of our mission and a key feature of our unique culture is to "never lose sight of the joy and fun in our work"; it certainly seems as though you were able to feel that during your time with the company. Thank you for your contributions towards making Bright Horizons such a special place for our children and families.

Loved my coworkers and the diversity of the curriculum
Teaching Assistant, Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 16, 2018
Not much to say just that I enjoyed working with the children and my co workers. The amount that management expected of us to do was a bit over our pay rate. It was tough to for expample using the facilities was hard if no one was willing to help.
Hard Work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2018
As a substitute, the work is hard since some teachers won't fill you in on what they expect in the classroom. Each center is different and you have to drive to different ones. You will get sick often because you're constantly going from center to center with different children who are brought in that are ill. Managers don't too well with accommodating classroom teachers with materials or time to help teach the children.
Professional work place with plenty of staff appreciation
Assistant Kindergarten teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 15, 2018
I'd work here again. I thoroughly enjoyed working here. Never felt like not getting out of bed to go to work like other places. Financially stable center willing to buy what you need for teaching. Tinge given for planning. plenty of staff and floaters to fill absent teachers spots.
Pros
Ohiohealth discount, discount childcare, monthly birthday celebrations, team building competitions, excellent teacher appreciation week planning from management and parents.
Cons
Regional manager
Student Intern
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 13, 2018
It was a fun and interesting experience to work as a high school intern. The people were super nice and inviting. I had lots of fun while gaining good experience.
Atlanta Bright Horizons
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2018
Great Team work and Best Director always willling to support the staff. When staff see mgmt step up they always work hard for the Team and go the extra mile!
I loved working in Atlanta my Director made sure our staff room was stocked with breakfast and lunch items for teachers and healthy snacks. Just in case you had to come in early to work on a project on you helped out in a class and didn't have time to go out to eat.
I'm sad to say the Bright Horizons in North Carolina were not as welcoming and I could not find a job here in N.C. after working in 2 schools in Atlanta.
Pros
Each school in Atlanta had perks for working for their particular company.
Cons
Had to relocate
Nice place to work
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 12, 2018
I was grateful for my time at Bright Horizons. My children was there with me and they learned alot while attending the center. The benefits were good.
The last "advocate for children" corporate child care
Director, Francesco Di Fede (Current Employee) –  Mill Valley, CAMarch 10, 2018
I have worked at Bright horizons Marin Day Schools for 5 years. I have been in the childcare field for 37 years . I have worked for many corporate child care companies. I have seen excellent companies with true caring for children deteriorate into money hungry uncaring institutions when sold to other large companies.
Bright Horizons Marin Day Schools are child care champions not only for children but for their employees. BH / MDS encourages thinking out of the box... Change is good in this company and the change ALWAYS benefits the center children and employees.
There will always be the negative nelly. No one can change that. HOWEVER it is how negative nelly is responded to that is important... BH / MDS listen then respond.. BUT sometimes negative nelly can not be satisfied... Well ......then it is time to move on for both . This hold s true for employees as well as parents. Sometimes we may not be a good fit. And that's ok...
As a director for MDS/BH I am given the opportunity to influence teachers to be better mentors to the children in their classrooms. Thus providing a rich environment for the children and their parents. Training and modeling is a big part of my job.
There are difficult days but with support and humor (a lot of humor) you get through the difficult times.
The regional managers I have had and have the privilege to work with are professional and care about the overall aspects of a center. They care about me as a director, the team that works beside me (lead teacher, teacher etc) . I have worked for at least four RM's while helping out in different centers
  more... while directors were on leave.
I have always been respected, appreciated and supported.
Accountability is key at BH/MDS. No matter who you are.

I am grateful everyday that I can work for such a great company!
Pros
a culture of respect and kindness
Cons
wages could be higher for teachers
Very inviting
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 9, 2018
This child care center keys in on being one with families. The centers are very well kept and they base their teachings on a Montessori background. It took sometime to get used to however if an individual is creative, it should not take too long to adapt to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight