Brightcove Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Software Engineer in Test Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2018
It is a good place to work because it is flexible and relax. Hackrack week is provided for programmers to take a break and do innovation. Highly recommend
Fun place to work
Tech Support Engineer - Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 11, 2018
Fun culture where I NEVER dreaded going in to work. Good benefits, helpful people, free coffee. Upper management does need to listen to the front lines in regards to needed resources.
Good company changing rapidly
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 10, 2018
Brightcove has changed quite a bit over the year, as with all growing companies. Most recently, there's been a good bit of turnover and many changes to the company's go-to-market strategy.
Fun
Sales Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 29, 2018
I had a great time working at BC. I learnt a lot and interacted with so many smart people. I think it allows you to just do the motions of a job, but it rewards people with passion and initiative
Awesome place to work
QA Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2018
People were extremely helpful. Nice environment and location. I learnt a lot during 6 months of my internship, my coding skills improved a lot. The workplace culture is just amazing!
Pros
Free snacks
Had a great exposure to web and mobile technologies
Quality Assurance Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2018
Fun and happy place to work
Learned various tools, their usage, hacks to work with them, Test Framework.
Most importantly, I saw how the team works and how I have to push myself to be a part of the team, which in turn fetched me, appreciation and were very co-operative.
I felt happy and more responsible when my inputs were considered too.
Understood how the team works in an Agile SDLC.
Very comfortable because the team members help you out.
Easy to involve the team in a discussion regarding any feature and update.
Enjoyed working on a contract basis
CONTRACTS COUNSEL (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 31, 2017
Bright cove is an excellent place to work. The employees are dedicated to the company-but, still know how to have fun with their jobs. I was a contract employee and I was treated well.
Pros
interesting work, great group of people
Cons
Fun environment with great people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 25, 2017
Fun place to work with engaging and challenging work. You will always be challenged as the work is constantly changing. The people who work there are supportive and fun
Great perks, terrible work
iOS Developer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2017
The perks do not justify the amount of stress I've encountered due to my workload.

My team's managers are great people but I feel like Brightcove, in general, just kind of looks for high numbers without any regard as to whether we can realistically deliver quality work.
Pros
Fully stocked kitchen, casual dress, flex hours
Cons
No sense that management is improving, unlimited vacation seems like it's on its way out the door
Meat Grinder
Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 22, 2017
Awful place to work. Management does not communicate if there are issues. They violate their own HR practices when dealing with employee issues. You bust your butt with no reward. They use up staff and dispose of them.
Brightcove
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 18, 2017
Great employees, great culture. great location. company is understaffed and could use more people. leadership is not aligned and doesn't collaborate very well.
Great place to work, but the run is over
Sales (Former Employee) –  BostonAugust 10, 2017
Worked at BC for many years. Great place to work - culture is king. Technology is cool - but they try to do too much. I think what they do has rapidly become commoditized, and it's only a matter of time before a company acquires them. This year will tell the story.
Pros
Culture, Cool Technology, Location
Cons
Spread too thin
From Hard Times To Good Times and Back To Hard
Director of Systems Engineering (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2017
I joined the organization right when the stock plummeted and the majority of the operations team left. I was the 7th Operations Director in the past 4 years, so it was a tough time. With my direct management, I was able to build an incredible team, creating numerous roles including peers to help make things better.

We were able to create a team that gelled well, knew that the stakes were high and got the job done. It took nearly 3 years to do, but we did it.

Due to struggles with a high turn over in the development department, we became stagnated. I had found the right people to continue flying the flag and moved on. It was a great experience over all.
Pros
Compensation and direct team
Cons
Lack of vision
Great company, awesome culture
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 22, 2017
An awesome culture, great product, lots of perks- snacks, unlimited PTO, etc. Everyone is really young and energetic and seems to have a great time. An awesome place to start your career for sure.
Small Office, great product
Product Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 18, 2017
Very well-stocked office, friendly workers, though no engineers here - just the sales side. Very fond of everyone and management, there's always things to do
Pros
free lunch and well-stocked kitchen, communicative management
Good company
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 26, 2017
Provides a good on-line video solution to Small to Large companies. Very young atmosphere with intelligent support teams in place.
Great company and culture
Director of Client Services (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 27, 2016
It's the top company in the space with smart, nice people at the controls. Great company, fair benefits and salary, great office locations and amenities.
Great experience
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 5, 2016
The culture is flexible and the work was challenging. I loved my co-workers and had excellent work life balance.
10/10 would recommend.
Cool people, good perks, minor issues
Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 13, 2015
Overall, a pretty cool place to work. There are many smart developers there who know their stuff. I found the culture to be more relaxed compared to the one younger company I've worked for. People work hard, but don't put in really long hours. My team was super supportive. We all got along great! The kitchen is stocked with snacks and the break room has ping pong.
Pros
Good salary, nice people, relaxed hours/schedule, good free food
Cons
some larger company incoordination
Fun and Creative work environment
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2015
Being on the cutting edge of the online video platform industry has its upsides and down sides. At BC the ability to work closely with major media outlets internationally has been a learning opportunity that I would not have received anywhere else. The people that make the Brightcove community are the top in their game and respective areas. I have learned and will always value the time that I have worked with such an amazing group of people.

A typical day for the QA manager starts out with gathering information on upcoming projects, finding the correct resource(s) to accomplish the tasks, working directly with the clients to achieve their desired goals and reaching out to all departments to find current project statuses.

Hardest part of the job has always been bridging the gap between what the sales teams have sold, time and budget, and assuring that we can deliver a quality product or service within that constraint.

I have been exposed to the cutting edge of technology that will be beneficial in every position that I take from this point forward. The way of thinking at Brightcove is unlike any other organization that I have worked with.
Pros
Culture, work life balance, vacation policy, benefits, co workers, office environment, creativity
Cons
Sometimes the sales department sell things that are to much to deliver in time scoped.