Brighten Communications

Brighten Communications Employee Reviews

United States22 reviews
Work from home flexible hours
Brighten is a place where you can work out of your home and it's great. But if you need hours and the money right away this isn't the job for you. The probationary period is too long and can really be a drag with little pay. Managers can be slow on getting back to you with email and phone calls but if persistent they will contact you. Just get past the probationary period then you'll get a raise and better hours. I would recommend getting another part time job while working for this company for the first 3 months. Overall Good company to work for and would recommend it if you love talking on the phone. Oh and another thing they don't do direct deposit until the probationary period is over and my checks haven't arrived on time at all and always have to wait a week to get last weeks work check. Which would be a pain when you need to pay bills.
Pros
flexible hours, make your own hours, work at home
Cons
too long probationary period, lack of communication, checks don't arrive on time
Worst company i ever worked for
You custodial hundreds of calls per day with no crm tool to call back. Waste of my time. They fired me after 2 weeks even though I was getting my job done. High turnover.
Excellent Company
In September I will celebrate my first full year of working at Brighten Communications. I live in a remote area of Missouri, and ditching the daily commute has been wonderful - and without Brighten, this would not have been possible.
I make cold calls on behalf of Brighten's clients to generate potential customers, and help Brighten's clients increase their sales and income - a skill, and job, which probably won't go out of style anytime soon. I make approximately 2,000 calls per week, using an automated dialer, to sell prospects on the idea of meeting with Brighten's clients to discuss purchasing their products and services. Brighten works with clients in a wide variety of industries, including: insurance, office products and supplies, business acquisitions, machines used in product manufacturing, VOIP phone services, and various other industries. The bottom line, I help Brighten's clients obtain new customers - and, we're pretty good at accomplishing this goal for clients.

Brighten is a real company that has stood the test of time, and provides a valuable service. I won't lie, working at Brighten is work, and can leave one exhausted at the end of the week. But, as a caller, I only work 4 days a week - and a 3 day weekend leaves me rested, and ready to begin again on Monday.

I can't say enough good about this company. If you're considering becoming a caller, go for it! You will not only enjoy working from home, but will have a company that will mentor you in perfecting and honing a skill that is useful in generating sales...and what person or company can
 - more...
Flexible with positive reinforcemant
I have been with this company for 9 years. I have only good things to say about the company. I find it amazing to communicate via email. It is like you know the team leader (s) because of their concern for the person working for them. They respond to your questions or concerns in a timely manner, listen to your opinion or suggestions, have compassion in life situations when they happen to a person and try to make the projects different each week which a person can learn something new each week. I like working from my home and the flexible hours.
Fantastic place to work!
Brighten is a fantastic place to work! The pay is competitive, schedules are flexible, and the entire management team is cool! I highly recommend this job to seasoned telemarketers that enjoy B2B calling and working remotely.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Fantastic employer, trustworthy, reputable clients, easy learning curve
I have been an employee at Brighten Communications for over 7 years. After the probation period, I regularly received hourly pay raises making the work and myself feel valuable. If you come from any kind of sales background and you are looking for more work-life balance this job will be a dream. Brighton has high standards for professionalism and honesty over the phone, if you don't intend on working with integrity this is not the company for you. Everything is provided for you - easy scripts to follow, quality clients (insurance companies, IT firms, business brokers, etc...), a top-notch dialer system and a supportive management team. Brighten pays its employees weekly. I've been on direct deposit since I've been with the company and have never missed a paycheck or had any issues with my direct deposit.
Scam
This company is a complete scam. Don't work here. They will have you work and never pay you !! You never get paid.But they make you do your own training..
Pros
Cons
everything
Terrible company to work for.
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. There is no direct contact with management. You communicate with a sales manager strictly by email. Their rationale being he manages 40 people and can not waste his time talking to salespeople?
Brighten got my interest with a $19.00 an hour lie. The pay is $12.00 per hour. This company is a 100% all SCAM. Run, do not walk to the nearest exit.
What a scam
Their calls per hour goal is impossible to meet. They want you to call 70 people per hour but wait about 30 seconds per call and if no one answers that call, it doesnt count and the time starts over again. I met their required appointments the first week and was offered more hours, declined them. met goal the second week. and was then sent an email tuesday of the 3rd week and was told i was being let go due to the fact that i did not meet their expectations.
strange job
Education on systems without pay on my own time
Had years of successful experience!

Given assignment and paid for 3 hours and let go!

Strange

Got 4 customer contacts in 3 hours!
Pros
simple work
Cons
have no idea what they want
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Brighten Communications?
Want to be a telemarketer focused on dials instead of people?
Unprofessional leadership. This company lacks major key aspects of B2B sales, appointing setting and business tactics. They would prefer their employees to display zero lasting and long term relationship building techniques with prospects. I would not recommend any company uses them to outsource any outbound calling. I do not recommend anyone lower their standards and work for them. No follow ups are allowed you're simply dialing for 1st time calls like an 18 year old dude trying to get laid.
Pros
Cons
Working for less pay than you deserve.
nothing to say yet
I am new, dont care to review until I have performed enough hours to make a good decision. I think you should remove this as a requirement as soon as possible
Great company
It is a very good company to work for but to really get a head you need to give up evenings/weekend a lot. Which is something they "down play" the need to do.
Pros
flex able hours
Cons
down play the need to work PM and weekend to hit goals
No Growth Potential
This was definitely not a good experience for me. The company was great for the first 3 or 4 years that I was there but another company took over and it was a disaster. They began a new phone system which is called Caller ID Spoofing. In addition there is just no appreciation for your successes with the company. I was the top producer and never even got a thank you..forget bonuses or reimbursements for your office supplies. They pay at the bottom of the salary tier and their attitudes are just really bad. They acted as though they were doing me a favor by allowing me to work there. Overall, not a good experience for me.
Pros
Pay on time every week
Cons
Low pay, no reimbursement for supplies, rude and arrogant staff
Brighten Communications
Has been a wonderfully flexible place to work. My supervisors have been very nice and always professional, yet approachable. The work can be repetitive, and there are no benefits as you are a contracted employee.
Pros
Work from home, flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits
Very Low Pay During Probationary Period
I worked for the company for 2 weeks with the promise from the company's website that I would be getting 10 hours per week during the probation period that requires 20 hours in total at $10.00. Then once you're at the 21 hour mark, the pay goes to $12. The first week, they only gave me 4 hours as well as the second week. If you need more hours right away, don't work here. It's a good company if you're working to obtain extra income.
Pros
Make your own schedule; pay is good after probationary period
Cons
Probationary period is too long with low hours at low pay
Terrific Company
Brighten Communications is the best company I have ever worked for. I work from the comfort of my home with flexible hours. There is never any hassle in requesting time off. The management is knowledgeable and quick to respond to questions.
Pros
No work Fridays, weekends or Holidays, paid weekly
Cons
Healthcare, benefits not offered
Great Place to work for Stay at home mom
I can not say enough on how great Brighten Communications is. I have been working for them making calls for almost 3 years now and I love it more and more each week.
You always have your check on time and always can get your questions answered very quick by your manager via email.

I could go on and on about how great this company has been to work for.
Pros
Great pay, work from home, great manager. Love getting my pay wach week
Cons
set my own hours, worked from home
When I first started to check out this job I went to a site like this one and the main one I read that stuck in my mind was you may work there 5 to 6 months tops a lot of good people that did work there and they were good workers with so much potential and did a good job, just maybe not perfect. It also said they must have temp. places in the company to fill for a few months at a time. I thought they were wrong when I started. I liked my job there and would still be working there if I wasn't let go. I only heard from my teamleader and operations but I liked it like that no meeting calls, just emails. I like the independance they gave me. I liked getting to be home for my elderly mom and son. When doctor visits or hospitals or any family stuff came up I could do them and still do my job. I loved not having to work Fridays and the weekends.
Pros
set own hours, work at home, Independence
Great at home job
I really enjoyed being able to set my own hours and work from home. This gave me the opportunity to stay at home with my young children and still be able to provide some income.
Pros
home
Cons
little guidence
Great Company That Values It's Employees
Brighten Communications is a great company to work for. They value and respect their employees. The management is compitent and knows how to work with the people under them. The hours are flexible and allow you to be active in other areas of life. They provide a good balance of work and life.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Limited number of hours allowed each week