Brightline Employee Reviews

Don’t work here if you don’t have open availability
Train Attendant (Former Employee) –  WpbJuly 8, 2019
You are not allowed to call off. Don’t bother getting a drs note they don’t take those. No matter the reason of you are absent it will count against you. You get 14 points. If you are late that’s half a point, if you miss a day that’s one whole point once you use 14 that’s it they don’t care how many sacrifices you have made for them. You can tell them you’re having a heart attack and it will still count against you. They don’t approve your pto big encourage you to ask for it. Managers suck
Pros
Good money
Cons
They don’t work with your schedule you work the hrs they give and shut up
Every day a different experience filled with diversity and some pretty groovy team mates.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 28, 2019
Team work makes the Dream work. Still fairly new to Brightline / Virgin Trains and exited to see what Sir Richard Charles Nicolas Branson has in store for us all.
Cant Agree with HR or Management.
Cafe Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 18, 2019
working at Bright line had its perks, in the beginning they really needed everyone they hired to be there and work overtime, so work was really good and steady, after a while you relies that the company really was new and needed time to get things figured out. management and corporate People like HR was making things up as they went station managers where making sure their butts were saved when they informed you to do something and above chain of command didn't agree the team member would get disciplined because of managements mistakes.
Cons
30 min breaks or none at all, nothing is free you get a discount but 1o r 2 dollars off 567or 8 dollars isnt much
Frustrating place to work
Train Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 30, 2019
It was the absolute worst measurement I've ever seen in my life! no one trusts you or respect you and everyone always second guesses what you do. The only good part about this company is some other friends that I have made and the transportation ends and their management is fantastic however the hospitality and it's absolutely horrible
Pros
Free train rides for you and your family
Cons
Horrible management
very productive
lead train attended (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 10, 2019
I really enjoy working here, it's just time for me to relocate. I am really open for almost anything that meets my pay rate, I am very versatile and I learn very fast.
Pros
free train rides
Cons
short breaks
If you're not working at their corporate office the company really doesn't show they care about you
Teammate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 3, 2019
Brightline is currently to focused on the future and the current issues at stations are getting over looked or ignored because as an teammate you gotta see the bigger picture.
Pros
Some Good employees that are holding on hope for things to get better.
Cons
Management, Communication, Dealing with snobby guests
Very poor management
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 16, 2019
Very stressful place to work. Transportation managed by people from the hotel industry☹️. The place looks beautiful!!!!..but they treat all of their employees really bad, the pay is horrible, no consideration for anything! My honest advice..if you are looking for a job look elsewhere because this is one of the most unethical jobs I’ve had
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Everything outside of leaving
Current employee in transportation
Transportation (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 3, 2019
Yes they offer benefits. They are pretty horrible. They dont pay holiday pay, getting PTO is extremely difficult. They combine your sick days and your PTO together. Although dont bother getting sick because you cant its inconvenient for the company and you will point out since you only get 3 total points. 1 unscheduled is 2 points you do the math.
Pros
Steady schedule
Cons
Poor management and good ole boy system
Leave this job to high schoolers!!
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 16, 2018
Let's keep this short and sweet. All of the time spent in training and opening a station in Miami, could've and should've been spent seeking a more rewarding opportunity. The company Culture started out great while in training. Everyone was so nice, respectful, and upbeat, until the station opened and the lies were exposed! There is no room for growth in this company, if you don't kiss major butt, or come on as a mananger or supervisor to start. The pay is not fair, because all of the higher ups are mostly from the hotel industry, and they've structured the pay rates based on that industry!! It really bothered me during one of their events, when I had to clean up behind a bunch of drunk rich folks, and noticed the price tags on some of the cases of alcohol that we're ordered to give away to people for free. (I'm talking THOUSAAAANDS of Dollars), yet they refuse to pay their employees. God forbid if you get sick...Expect for Management and HR to play games with your benefits if you are out longer than they think you should be!!! I've heard they're no longer private, so things may get better. For me, first impression is everything...and that's ruined with me when speaking in regards to this "upscale" trash of a company!!! #TakeTriRail 😂😂
Pros
Quiting
Cons
Getting Hired
poor work place
Cafe Attendant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 26, 2018
it is an very stressful place to work and they fill as if you shouldn't have a life outside of the job. They want everything you do to be about the job. If you get sick they still want you to work and they don't care about your well being.
Competitive work environment with high expectations.
Cafe Attendant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 7, 2018
Brightline work culture is highly competitive with high expectations and a perfectionist mentality. Management doesn't believe in cutting corners and their policies are very strict. While not every day is as demanding as others, your work is never done and the quality of work you produce is expected to be consistent and never failing. With no grace periods and a strict work environment it can be tough to stay positive but overall the motivation comes from knowing that you're working for something bigger than your day to day job duties. You're working for an advancement in the transportation industry on all levels, and an excellent business model that is here to stay. Good luck!
Pros
Coworkers, medical, dental, vision, 401k.
Cons
Short breaks, strict, end all be all attitudes.
Great workplace
Good to go cafe (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 2, 2018
great people felt like another family, great teamwork. Everyone did there best and was positive, when you needed help someone would be there to help you. Happy environment.
productive
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Working at bright line helped enhance your communication skills and how you interact with people on a day to day. It was great experience informing people about the new train that was put in place for people to travel, which must people did not knew about and I enjoyed informing them about that new service we have to offer to the public.
Slow paced
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2018
Brightline can have rushes at certain times of the day however, it is usually slow paced. Everyone always has a positive attitude with smiles on their faces.
Pros
Free train rides
Cons
Schedule was never a fixed one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightline. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7