Brighton Best International Employee Reviews

Strongsville branch is terrible.
UPS Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 23, 2018
Working for this company is a joke. It's a dead end job. The harder you work the more work you get. You don't get that many raises. A lot of brown nosing and back stabbing. It's a big waste of time.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Overtime is mandatory, no family life
Long and Stressful days
Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Sayreville, NJAugust 28, 2018
I love working for Brighton Best. But there are days that may be long and stressful. But aside from that everything is great ! Great job opportunity for first time workers !
Fast paced environment
Sales Support and Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 17, 2018
Lost of customers to help. Very busy in the mornings with customer inquiries of orders. Processed Created Customer returns filed vendor freight claims. Filing and scanning of Bill of ladings.
Pros
Good beneifites package.
Repack
Repack Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2018
It was a fun place to work at got along with everybody and it was an easy. Would’ve stayed if they had opportunities to advance or get a promotion oh and the pay wasn’t enough for everything I did there.
Pros
They paid for holiday lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place but plant manager is unfit manager
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 24, 2018
Fun place but bad management ... employees are nice and very friendly. Hours are good but if the pay was a little higher would be better. Had a lot of fun working in this company.
productive, but very poorly managed, dead end job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 2, 2017
this place is definitely not the right job for a hard worker. really, it isn't! do great work and go the extra mile to prove yourself to management and guess what your reward is? MORE WORK.
when i started here i noticed everyone (mostly) took their time and barely did what was asked of them. i thought this was ridiculous because i was raised believing that hard work is rewarded, and because these people were employees that could be considered as "veterans" because of how long they've been with the company.

fast forward half a year after being hired on by the company, and i noticed that no matter how much work i did, management always wanted more. a year after busting my behind and doing everything that was asked of me and then some, i came to the realization that it had been well over a year since my hire date, and i was still making the exact same as when i started. i often found myself literally doing several different jobs all in one day almost as an every day occurrence.
ive had 4 reviews since with the hopes of a raise that never comes. if anyone here asks the warehouse manager for a raise, his response is somewhere along the lines of "corporate said right now is not a good time".
thats funny considering that one branch alone makes well over 150 million a year, and this company has more branches than i can count distributed across the globe.
thats exactly why people slack off in this company and barely do whats asked of them, if that. dont get me wrong, its a good place to be if you're a conformist or just want a job where you only wanna do one thing and not worry
  more... about anything else. if you come work for BBI, only do the one thing they ask you to do, cause the more you do, the more they'll take, and you wont get a raise for years, if you're lucky.
the pay structure is absolutely ridiculous. literally nobody knows how it works. there are some warehouse workers that make more than the managers & supervisors, there are employees that only do one or 2 things that get paid more than other employees that have multiple functions a day, and then there are temps (depending on the agency) that make the same as some employees that have been here for years and do heavy work- as temps! this is absolutely insane.

so in a summary: dead end job with no advancement opportunities, stingy selfish company that will not give raises no mater how many billions they make a year, atrocious pay structure, and poorly managed.
Pros
sometimes laid back, management does their best to not cut hours
Cons
dead end job, no raises, very "stingy" company, no motivation, appreciation or incentives
Diffrent everyday
UPS lead (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 15, 2016
This company says they care about the employee's but that's not true. They cut employee's hours and take their overtime as punishment.
steady work place
Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 20, 2016
Works isn't bad for me. I really wish the pay was much higher but the work place is very laid back. If they would change the pay, it would be a great place to work
A very fun and fast paced work environment.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 13, 2016
For the most part, my coworkers treated me exactly like family. Unfortunately, I had to leave on personal reasons but BBI was my most influential job yet!
Fast paced environment
Account Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 1, 2016
Days were generally very busy - the phones were constantly ringing and there were a lot of friendly clients. I began as the receptionist and was promoted to account manager. I managed 50 clients with order placement and fulfilment.
Typical Day in the life of Brighton
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJOctober 3, 2015
A typical day is coming in and repacking all fastener products that the order pickers leave at my station constantly throughout the day. My secondary job is being their backup shipping, in addition to using the forklift to get products. If you're not careful, you can easily mess up the process and order or two that has to be shipped out.
Very welcoming company
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ilFebruary 13, 2015
Great team to work with, the sale associates had a tight-knit group but a few of them made you feel like part of the group. pay is ok too.
Pros
security
Cons
the hours were not equal to pay due to life/childcare
Nice co-workers and management but very low pay.
Declined to answer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Works are distributed evenly among employees.
Can't really learn much at this company as this company does not do cross training well.
Managers are nice, friendly and helpful.
Co-workers are easy going and kickback.

This company was acquired by a Taiwanese company, TaChen International.
Compensation is relatively low given the size of this company and compare to others in the same industry (over 3000 employees and over $1billion in sales annually.)

Not much room for advancement as promotion is not based on your ability or performance but on how long you've been with the company.

System and policy on promotion and raise is vague, there is no set standard on when, how or what you have to achieve to earn a raise.
Pros
Nice people, time flexibility
Cons
Low pay, does not meet national median.
Warehouse and customer service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2014
pull, pack and ship orders and inventory , repacking and unloading trucks and customer service.
benefits
Cons
not valued
Indoor warehouse with game and lunch room
Order Picker (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJFebruary 26, 2014
1. A typical day at Brighton Best is slow with steady orders coming in.
2. At Brighton Best I learned how to operate a cherry picker, a side loader, and how to properly load a truck with the customers orders
3. The management was a good team. As long as you did your job and stayed in your area they wouldn't bother u.
4. The co-workers were all responsible and had their duties done on time and willing to help other co-workers who needed help.
5. There wasn't a hard part about the job.
6. The most enjoyable part about the job was lunch. It was the only time you could relax and talk to other co-workers.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Breaks were only 15 minunts long
Staedy job with minimum possibility for financial growth and advancement.
Order Puller/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 18, 2013
Report to department, check to see orders to be pulled 1st, stock to be put up 2nd, and needs of packing pepartment. General warehouse upkeep and restocking area as needed. Learn to do multiple tasks and check with needs of packing co-workers. Most difficult part of the job is dealing with high turnover rate among co-workers and management.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses and work available.
Cons
Limited opportunity for finanancial growth and advancement.
its ok, but management and fellow coworkers really stink!
Packaging/ shipping manager (Current Employee) –  Sayreville, NJJuly 17, 2013
a typical day is coming in and repacking all fastener products that the order pickers leave at my station constantly throughout the day. my secondary job is being their backup shipping mgr, its ok, but tough and if your not careful, can easily screw up and order or two that has to be shipped out. mgr is an ok guy, but unprofessional at times and even joins in on the constant gabbing and gossiping with the other employees and also in turn tells them things he shouldn't be saying. the work gets done but some ppl wanna be selective of their routines. management allows this to happen. in my opinion I wont stay long here, its a mess.
Pros
hr lunch break, weekends off, great benefits, mgr is flexible with my appts as needed.
Cons
low pay, management stinks, horrible petty coworkers, hot as heck in the summer, cold as ice in the winter
no good
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  logan, njApril 13, 2013
Ok job but pay not so good. no good. no good no good!
i would niot recomned this job for anyone.
I am self motivated. I am dependable,punctual and reliable. I believe in the importancebof team concept.
Warehouse Worker / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  51251 Foggs Drive. Shelby Township 48315October 23, 2012
Turning my phone on when I first come in. Turning my computer on. Looking at all the orders for the day that I must process. Picking orders,vertifing that the right material has been pull of the shelf,before I scan it out of the system. Unloading and loading trucks. Answering the telephone to receive customer orders. Putting the customer information into the system, so that when they arrive to pick up there order everything is ready for them. Daily inventory to ensure that our physical inventory that is on the shelves,matches our inventory that is in the computer system. Dealing directly with the customers.
Fast growing company in fastener industry
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 15, 2012
Young management team makes this company growing fast. It's possible to learn variety of tasks
Pros
potential growing
Cons
401k matching