Brighton Collectibles Employee Reviews

Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 24, 2019
Exceptional Company to work for! I wouldn't have left but I had to relocate to help a family member. The owner is a wonderful person and very generous. The stores are beautiful and the products are exceptional. I love the culture and passion for the brand.
Pros
Passion and value of the products and employees
Cons
Retail Hours
Fun place to work, typical retail job
Sales Partner (Current Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 30, 2018
Great place to work, I really love all my coworkers and managers. There is always an event going on and a lot of customer outreach which can get annoying when you're the one calling customers once a month to come in for something else. You do get a sales goal each shift but it is pretty realistic and achievable. The store I was at worked as a team to make sure each person achieved their goal.
Fun place to work, very competitive
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 26, 2018
Working atBrighton was really interesting in the sense of the different customers that I had the chance to meet.
It was also interesting the process and everything involved with jewelry and leather.
Wonderful Company
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 13, 2018
Brighton has the highest of standards for both their products and their employees. Expectations were high, but fair. It was a privilege to work for them.
Pros
Great owners, beautiful products, loyal customers.
Positive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 25, 2018
Great company to work for. Privately owned company that cares about employees. Very high expectations which is great if you are a hard worker. Will put in the time to train
Productive and fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 10, 2018
I worked as a cashier and occasionally as a sales associate. I assisted customers with different styles of jewelry and what they were looking for. Everyday, I was responsible for cleaning bathrooms, delivering waters, making phone calls in regards to repairs, assisting customers with the check out process, as well as aiding customers in designing their jewelry. I learned how to sell products in a manner that wasn't overbearing or to aggressive but was very persuasive. The management at Brighton Collectibles is phenomenal. My boss was very kind, caring but also pushed me to be the best I could be and encouraged me to keep selling, much like all of my coworkers. The hardest part of my job was persuading people to buy more expensive items or adding on to the sale. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and assisting them with anything they needed, as well as getting to know them and forming a relationship.
Pros
fun environment, friendly coworkers, management styles allowed for advancement
Cons
short breaks
job description
part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 30, 2018
I worked there, while working at Time Warner, in the afternoon, I became one of their top performers. I loved working with customers. I enjoy working as a team with my co worker.
Fun work environment
Keyholder/Sales Partner (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2018
It is a friendly work environment. The staff is very helpful when you are first starting out. The management trains you with videos, shadowing them, reading material and role playing along with the handbag certification.
Pros
work incentives, friendly staff and customers
Cons
Short breaks
I enjoyed Brighton very much. It was a very nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed helping people and making them happy. The clients were very nice and I had repeated customers. I even had clients that would specifically want me just to help them.
Pros
Flexibility
Love the products
Sales Partner (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2018
Work for the discounts of the products. Love working with people and customer enjoy selling. It’s retail don’t care for the hours but overall it’s entertainment
Pros
50% discounts
Cons
No advancement
Fun with jewelry
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 3, 2018
Brighton is a family owned accessories company that has a huge cult following. Competitive pay, good benefits, fun contests, excellent training program and loyal clients.
Giant mess
Sales Partner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2018
My manager scheduled me outside of my availability on purpose, knowing I had to show up if no one else could take my shift. There is too much networking going on. Stop making people call everyone and annoy them! The company doesn't give enough time to change displays or get knowledge on new products. Pay sucks for all the work you do. Force you to wear makeup even if you don't want to. Only got a 10 minute break.
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, poor management, poor quality products
Brighton Review
Associate Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 22, 2018
Good place to work if you're a manager. Pays well, good benefits etc. Not a good place to work as a sales associate, low pay, low opportunity for advancement.
Physically Demanding
see daily operations and assist Sales Partners (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 18, 2018
Brighton has the partners doing everything. From climbing unsafe ladders to moving furniture, constant visual changes (during business hours). It is demanded that partners do constant Outreach to customers, jewelry and handbag repairs are booked in and then shipped to Repair Dept. We are responsible for charities and putting on events. And in the end, the owner of the company still has the mentality that we are all replaceable.
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 15, 2018
Selling beautiful product with some of the nicest people. The customers are very pleasant and the company does everything possible to make her happy.
Pros
Great discount
Friendly atmosphere and open to teaching new employees with care and patience.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 26, 2018
Friendly atmosphere and open to teaching new employees with care and patience.

Customers were mostly excited and easy to talk to.

Satisfactory work and I was proud to be a part of the team.
Great place to work.
partner (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 21, 2018
It was a great place to work. I was the #1 add-on to sales in the store. Loved our monthly classes on new shoes, handbags and jewelry. We were trained in "shrink", and our store did very well. I did very well at our "Charm Bar". Approximately 700 different charms made focusing on detail important for a successful sale. It was fun.
Pros
Good team; best boss to work for.
Cons
Could be long holiday hours; needed extra staff.
Good
Sales (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAApril 18, 2018
Brighton Collectibles fosters an environment of talented people who are great to work with.

There are many elements to the business that allow one to utilize many different types of skill sets.
Fun, fast-paced, retail job
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSApril 16, 2018
Brighton is a excellent place to work if you like people, beautiful jewelry, and top-grade, leather handbags. It is fast paced, and there are challenges, but it is very rewarding. Also, it is still a privately owned company, and we have contests where you can win money or products.
great place to work
Visual displays and Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 11, 2018
great job, love it very much, love my team there. looking for a career change. great company to work for a lot of perks to working for Brighton , love the discount.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brighton Collectibles. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.2InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight