Brighton Collectibles Employee Reviews

I enjoyed Brighton very much. It was a very nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed helping people and making them happy. The clients were very nice and I had repeated customers. I even had clients that would specifically want me just to help them.
Pros
Flexibility
Love the products
Sales Partner (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2018
Work for the discounts of the products. Love working with people and customer enjoy selling. It’s retail don’t care for the hours but overall it’s entertainment
Pros
50% discounts
Cons
No advancement
Fun with jewelry
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 3, 2018
Brighton is a family owned accessories company that has a huge cult following. Competitive pay, good benefits, fun contests, excellent training program and loyal clients.
Giant mess
Sales Partner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2018
My manager scheduled me outside of my availability on purpose, knowing I had to show up if no one else could take my shift. There is too much networking going on. Stop making people call everyone and annoy them! The company doesn't give enough time to change displays or get knowledge on new products. Pay sucks for all the work you do. Force you to wear makeup even if you don't want to. Only got a 10 minute break.
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, poor management, poor quality products
Brighton Review
Associate Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 22, 2018
Good place to work if you're a manager. Pays well, good benefits etc. Not a good place to work as a sales associate, low pay, low opportunity for advancement.
Physically Demanding
see daily operations and assist Sales Partners (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 18, 2018
Brighton has the partners doing everything. From climbing unsafe ladders to moving furniture, constant visual changes (during business hours). It is demanded that partners do constant Outreach to customers, jewelry and handbag repairs are booked in and then shipped to Repair Dept. We are responsible for charities and putting on events. And in the end, the owner of the company still has the mentality that we are all replaceable.
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 15, 2018
Selling beautiful product with some of the nicest people. The customers are very pleasant and the company does everything possible to make her happy.
Pros
Great discount
Friendly atmosphere and open to teaching new employees with care and patience.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 26, 2018
Friendly atmosphere and open to teaching new employees with care and patience.

Customers were mostly excited and easy to talk to.

Satisfactory work and I was proud to be a part of the team.
Great place to work.
partner (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 21, 2018
It was a great place to work. I was the #1 add-on to sales in the store. Loved our monthly classes on new shoes, handbags and jewelry. We were trained in "shrink", and our store did very well. I did very well at our "Charm Bar". Approximately 700 different charms made focusing on detail important for a successful sale. It was fun.
Pros
Good team; best boss to work for.
Cons
Could be long holiday hours; needed extra staff.
Good
Sales (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAApril 18, 2018
Brighton Collectibles fosters an environment of talented people who are great to work with.

There are many elements to the business that allow one to utilize many different types of skill sets.
Fun, fast-paced, retail job
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSApril 16, 2018
Brighton is a excellent place to work if you like people, beautiful jewelry, and top-grade, leather handbags. It is fast paced, and there are challenges, but it is very rewarding. Also, it is still a privately owned company, and we have contests where you can win money or products.
great place to work
Visual displays and Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 11, 2018
great job, love it very much, love my team there. looking for a career change. great company to work for a lot of perks to working for Brighton , love the discount.
productive workplace fun enviroment face paced
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAApril 6, 2018
New opportunities and learning, fast paced, great interactive with clientele always teaching and learning opportunities, fast growing work place, provides room for growth. great customers and great company.
Great Comany but Poor Management
LEAD SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 2, 2018
I do enjoy my job at Brighton for the most part, but the management makes it hard to be successful. They do not attempt to find a solution to the problem and they let it build over time making things uncomfortable for other employees.
Work Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2018
enjoyed the location at City Creek
Good management for Corp office
Great product line
Always had great displays
Culture was good, sales
Pros
Great Products
Cons
Great job and people, more staff needed
Creative Writer (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAMarch 22, 2018
My job was enjoyable, and very fast paced. Between the time I started working there and when I decided to leave, my work load more than doubled due to company growth. I repeatedly asked for more staff to help share the load, but those needs were not met. I loved my job, but the demands required more staff, and that need has not yet been met.
Pros
Creative freedom, interesting job, great people to work with
Cons
Very hectic Oct.-Jan, not enough staff to meet demands
attention to detail is crucial; fast paced environment during event season
Account Specialist (Show Samples) (Current Employee) –  City Industry, CAMarch 17, 2018
I really enjoy working for the show sample department at Brighton but I believe I am underpaid for the different responsibilities my position requires
Pros
close to home and great work environment
Cons
low pay and no yearly or new accomplishmwent raises
Company Needs to Learn Labor Law Compliance
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 17, 2018
Expected to skip lunch, emails to your personal emails, refurbished technology equipment, district manager cut throat. Only benefit was marginal healthcare. Don't kid yourself if you think this is a fun place to work forget it. They have cut throat management and disrespect for employees. Breaks are not something they will allow you eat in a closet. This company breeds a culture that is non productive. Breaks labor compliance on a daily basis they can't understand exempt and non exempt.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor work blanace
Good family oriented business
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 10, 2018
This is a great company to grow in. Pay is fair, incentives are generous, and products are lovely. I would reccomend this job to other experienced managers.
A Fun working Place
Sales Associate & Key Partner (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYMarch 8, 2018
Brighton is a fun working place full of new & exciting adventures. Everyone works together extremely well & is willing to help out one another if they need it.

If you ever get a chance to work or visit a store, just know that each person has a smile on their face & most likely a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie in hand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brighton Collectibles. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.2

4.1Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight