Brightpoint Health

Brightpoint Health Employee Reviews

Good Job but Pay is left to be desired.
Overall it is a decent place to work. However, It's a non-profit and they do not pay well. I resigned because the wages weren't conducive to my lifestyle.
fast pace working environment
Most enjoyable part of the day is successfully assisting client with services that they requested.
Peer support is key to a successful work day.

Hardest part is the beginning of the month. The beginning of the month is used to organize your clients' for that month because face to face visits are required monthly.
Pros
N/a
Cons
short lunch 30 mins
CHASI review
CHASI use to be a place where I would enjoy going to work. They had a change in upper management when I was there. They have a lot of turn over and that in itself speaks volumes. Once highly trusted employees are micromanaged and left feeling inept and under a constant microscope with no good cause. Here you will be asked to take on multiple roles beyond your job description and expect to balance it all like a robot. There is no work life balance as they expected you to hit targets that were impossible. Your supervisor will most likely be a person that shouldn’t be, with little to no past supervisory experience. This gives you no one to go to when you seek guidance. You will be overworked, underpaid and left with little to no training. Most programs are understaffed leaving the remaining workers completely over stressed. They tend to pick on employees if you have a problem with management and show favoritism. CHASI takes advantage of good workers that want to help by working you into the ground instead of lifting you up and mentoring you. The best decision I made was leaving this life sucking work environment and going to a place that appreciates what I bring to the table. The only thing I miss are some of my co-workers who were very dedicated to the clients.
Pros
Working with clients who need help
Cons
Management that is out of touch with what goes on in each department
Fun work environment
I loved what I did, and that was helping others. My boss was was really cool to work with. I really learned a lot from this company. Which helped me get the job I have now.
Great company but lacks realistic visions
The company was a great place to work before they merged with Health River Healthcare. On the road to merging, there were a few bumps but it came from management not from the workers. Instead of looking at themselves, upper management would always blame the workers for compliance issues. At BPH, the supervisors and upper management are a team and will discourage Camaraderie among the workers.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Love the atmosphere at the old building. There's hardly any micromanaging and privacy to do your work. Gives employees the opportunity to work as adults and not be pressured like they are kids.
CEO is a total joke.
ceo acts like he cares about his associates but he really does not. It is all for show. All they care about is swiping people's insurance card. It's a shame because they have the Best Medical Director
Working with clients was great
CEO And Senior Staff were only concerned in adding clinics and amount of clients seen delay
They did not care about client experience

Clients waited more that 5 just hours to be seen by providers
Productive and amazing
Brightpoint was a amazing working experience for me. It was part of an internship I did at BMCC. Being apart of Brightpoint made me grow and I learned and gained so much knowledge from all of the amazing people that work there. They all help one another and they can all count on one another. Its a very positive work space.
Pros
Free coffee, free snacks on occasions, very united
Time goes by quick because your always working there is no downtime, you learn a lot about community insurance and what we need to do about referrals and prior authorizations
Worse with expansion
Got worse with expansion and employees became less valued.

Managers and supervisors were the absolute worst all around.

Some had never managers before, were verbally and mentally abusive. Turnover was so high with line staff ppl it became a shock to see staff make a year. They lied to all new staff on the interviews about the work
Wait for the merger!!@
I love their mission statement but they are not for their employees. You are overworked and underpaid. There is no structure here. Once this merger is finalized it should get better.
Medical&Managent need training overall
I had the phone hung up in my face by medical "professionals" Dr and NP because I needed clarification on a patient care issue! Nursing manager could care less. I was very dissatisfied with the lack of work ethic displayed here. I was also approached in a very aggressive manner by a patient with security standing right there! Went to the Nurse manager and she laughed in my face myface
Run
This place management and HR don’t care about employee safety what ever the PT says they run with my life was threaten and I was assaulted by a PT and I got fired with out them even hearing my side this place sucks !!!!
disorganized, insufficient training, sometimes hostile
disorganized, conflicting expectations, rude manager , disrespectful staff . not towards me but i observed this . no time blocked out for paperwork and follow up , conflicting instructions
Hostile Environment
Don’t work here. This place is nuts!!! Hostile, gossip, not safe, favoritisms, bullies, and etc. I wouldn’t recommend this place what so ever. This organization is terrible, and needs a whole make over.
Positive and Productive
Interesting company there are positive things happening, the company has merger with another positive company Hudson River Health care. There will be a lot of positive and productive growth with the new connection. Moving and making a different is the key component to working with People that need all kinds of help.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not always on the same page
Dream Team
There is no "I" in team. That is the best way to describe the environment and culture of Brightpoint Health. We aim to display our CORE values so that we stay true to the mission. Which is to provide medical and social services to communities who do not have quality access to health and well-being.
Enjoyable Part
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can actually see the results results of your labor. The clients we engage and help display the benefits of participating and adhering to the medication regimen. It is very satisfying.
Pros
Connecting with people.
Beware of the call center
The call center is run in an authoritative style. It is not uncommon to be screamed at by the call center manager around the office (think the way a dad would speak to child).

BREAKS You're given two 15 min breaks and one 30 minute break that you better use to use the bathroom, if not he will (I have seen) he bang on the bathroom door aggressively because you take too long.

A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK involves coming into a hostile environment. What makes it most hostile is the manager standing above and mean mugging employees. If you make a mistake throughout the day will mutter under his breath and scream at you in the middle of about 20 agents. (it's humiliating)

SICK TIME In addition, he thinks the call center is its own company. He will give you a hard time if you need to take a personal day, even if you have the time. He's had visibly sick employees come into work because it'd "affect his numbers".

If you are interested in a hostile work environment, featuring poor management, this is the place for you.
Pros
clean office
Cons
hostile, poor management, lack of growth
CHASI Employee who has worked in various roles
CHASI in partnership with Brightpoint Health is an organization that services the many vulnerable populations of Staten Island. All roles are demanding, but in these times any role at any social service agency has its demands. If you are dedicated to your work and the clients that you serve and you do what you need to do, there are no issues. If you are not meeting your deliverables, not completing assigned tasks or continuously stating that you do not have enough time for your work but not producing, there will be systems put in place to monitor your work and hold you accountable. But, if you are doing what you need to do each day, there are no concerns or need for micromanagement. There is not favoritism, simply appreciation and opportunity for those employees who complete their job duties and who are genuine, honest and accountable. Accountability, willingness to learn and the ability to be flexible is key and if you need clarity or support, just ask for it!

Those in management are supportive and creative in finding solutions to barriers that come up. CHASI provides their employees with opportunity for growth not solely on education, but based on experience, work ethic and dedication. To me, that is more important than a college degree. Most of those in management have done the work from the ground up, And can relate to their employees because they’ve done the work themselves. I have worked in various roles within the Prevention & intervention department and the management team has been nothing but supportive and collaborative and have made every effort to help all of
 - more...
Pros
Flexible, Supportive of Continuing Education
Cons
Frequent changes in program structure which can sometimes be difficult
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightpoint Health. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight