Brightside Academy Employee Reviews

team assistant
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2018
a usual day would be out of ratio. overactive children and intense amount of paperwork, angry co-workers and parents. did I mention some if not all staff did not follow protocol or polices
Pros
Cons
everything
Very fun and Relaxed
ASST. TEACHER/ (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 16, 2018
I love working here it is fun, and the people and children are wonderful. Pay is great. Plenty of opportunities to advance with the company. Management is great and understanding.
Teamwork and Teacher Appreciation
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2018
I enjoyed that everyone works as a team and have meetings on the regular to ensure that the business is ran in a professional manner.When team members are out or are sick we make sure that everyone is safe.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Consistancy
Beware!
Assistant Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 8, 2018
I am not sure where to start... Horrible management (don’t care if you need to go to the bathroom or take a brake in reasonable time, disrespectful and ignorant), kids that throw chairs at you (or objects, or push you down the stairs), parents that are allowed to use profanity towards you as well as make treats... Had been disrespected so many times! Just ridiculous place to work! Staff is sleeping, while children are awake. Janitor is performing dirty acting on another staff member while the children are napping!!! Run if you can!
Pros
Cons
You can work more than 60 hours per week since the company doesn’t have enough staff
Fun and productive plae of work.
Head Start Asst. Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2018
I believe I gained valuable experience working at Brightside Academy of course since I have become a Lead Head Start Teacher with my own classroom I believe I continue to grow and hone my skills as being an effective teacher.
Poor management
Assistant Group Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2018
Was not a good environment. They treated families and staff poorly. Lack of communication and no consistency with staff and policies or rules and regulations.
Pros
Work hours was available 6-6
Cons
Couldn't get off when suppose to lack of staff hired to cover shifts
Co workers and children made it worth it.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 6, 2018
I love working with children and we were always doing something new. The children made the job something you looked forward to being apart if the next day.
Learning Experience
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 3, 2018
I have learn a lot in this job. From writing simpler lesson plans to learn how to interact with different people from different backgrounds. How to work with children with different needs and abilities.
Stress Factor
Academy Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 28, 2018
It was the worst place I worked at. They are not in it to educate children but for a profit. As a director there should be support but they do not have that in place. They also make you hide things from parents.
Pros
Some good staff
Cons
Horrible management
hi
Lead Teacher Special Education (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
horriable work enviorment , bad pay , crazy hours , over worked empolyees with low pay . bad management , no respect for staff and all that they do each day
If in need of a job
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 18, 2018
Work here for the experience on the resume and if you are in need of a job. If you love kids and want to help. However, that's about it. This place cares very little for their employees, you are overworked and underpaid. Very stressful. Management cares more about making sure everyone is in line but provides little to no resources to assure the classrooms are running smoothly. Almost everything the children have comes from the teachers own pocket.
Pros
You get to know and befriend people.
Cons
This place over works and under pays majority of their staff.
I didn't like working at this place
Academy Director (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 16, 2018
Don't work at this place. This business treats its employees like SLAVES. They take from their teachers, no bonus, no pay rate increase, no positive feedback in Pittsburgh. NOTHING.
Pros
love working with the children
Cons
Hated the Corporate Office Management in Pa.
Fun Place to work
Data Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 27, 2018
I was given the opportunity to express myself, I was privileged to work with some beautiful people. The local managers were hands on and knew exactly what was going on daily.
Pros
discounted childcare
Cons
Corporate was too disconnected
Good place
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 22, 2018
Is a great experience and I love their quote. I will stay if I knew I have a chance to get paid more. But how I see it I know I will not get paid more and I will start my master degree. I will miss my students and the parents and of course the co-workers.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
holidays
Largest employer in the field but a much needed overall is required, starting with the corporate offices.
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 18, 2018
Hours are long, pay isn't competitive with the market. Management isn't properly trained which also aids in their high staff turnover. The company does't respect their employees needs. Snow days are NEVER given. The City and all school district can shut down due to extreme weather conditions but Brightside employees are expected to be at work, regardless if they can or can't find care for their own children who's schools are closed. Your job security is based more or less on whether Corporate Management/Center Management is a friend of yours than overall work ethics. Wage freeze has been in effect since 2009. Very stressful work place and wouldn't recommend this place and would caution parents in enrolling their children especially in the Downtown Centers.
Pros
Cons
Wage freeze, long hours, poor management, children/staff ratio issues
Okay place to work, management needs improvement!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 15, 2018
There's a high turnover rate and there is no questions why. Management hasn't fully grasped the concept of respect for others. Maybe if there wasnt so much pressure on gaining enrollment, the workplace would be a better environment.
Pros
friendly staff, children
Cons
management, politics
Productive and relaxed
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 15, 2018
This is the ideal job for someone looking to be hands on with children. Must be quick on your toes. Have full understanding of the job and what it consist of
Pros
Excellent job
Cons
Weak pay
N/a
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 13, 2018
It’s just a daycare where you barely get to teach the kids anything because they don’t allow teaching there. They only allow minimum teaching like alphabet, shape and color.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Can’t do your job
enjoyable
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2018
Disorganized most days
Low amount of staff.
Too many different staff in and out weekly.
Pay did not equal to work.
Too many relocation.
Good coworker.
Great pay good benifets
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 5, 2018
I've been at Brightside in Toledo for 4 months and I love it. Is it the best workplace in the world? No but the pay is nice and the company cares. I don't plan on leaving.
Pros
Pay, free lunch, free breakfast, weekends off, holidays off
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightside Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9