BrightStar Care Employee Reviews

Primarily worked with 1 client for several years. Company lost client and tried to blame me. I challenged the won.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Moraga, CAOctober 18, 2018
After working with Brightstar long term, BrightStar lost my primary Dementia client and chose to blame me for the loss. I was denied unemployment and I got written rebuttal from the the Executor of this estate who gave me glowing praise for the care I gave the client. I got praise from others I periodically cared for. Brightstar lost the client because of poor management and management turnover.
Pros
Had lots of clients.
Cons
Management turnover.
Brightstar care review
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CAOctober 18, 2018
Working here has been a great and amazing experience. The clients are amazing and nice people. On a typical day I would start the day off with making sure the house is clean and prepare their next meal. I would make sure they take their medications on time and finish them.
Pros
w\meeting new people
benefits
Great for experienced nurses
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Kensington, MDOctober 16, 2018
My experience as DON at Brightstar was lovely. I think it really depends on your owners/management. I happened to have GREAT people to work for. They allowed me to get the job done autonomously but also offered support when I asked for it. Definitely was a team coordinated effort. We all had our roles to play.
Pros
Profit sharing!
Cons
OnCall Had to carry a phone
Flexible hours and traveled to client's home
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 16, 2018
I worked as a CNA and traveled to clients home to provide home health care. Sometimes this included personal care routines to household duties or planned trips/ Dr visits. You have to have reliable transportation to work in this field. I love my clients and the fact that they stilled lived in their homes made them feel at peace making the job easier.
Pros
The clients themselves. I love them all!
Cons
Gas prices and the wages sometimes didnt work out well
Low pay, bad office management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MI 48114October 16, 2018
Not a good place to work. Low pay, no benefits, poorly managed office. Will have you work 10+ hours a day then will call you to go into work again that same day.
Workmanship could be better
C.N.A/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 15, 2018
The schedule flexibility is amazing, but they don’t know how to talk to their employees. You can work whenever. They don’t communicate effectively with there employees.
HHA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 15, 2018
Great place to work friendly staff lots of hours very understanding supervisors weekly pay work make your own schedule sweet clients shifts always available to pick up
loved my clients staffing could have used some work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 15, 2018
Not as well organized back when i worked their very well could have stepped it up since then. I was promised a certain pay after my probation period by woman who hired me on, she ended up leaving and I never received my raise like we had spoke about even though it was in paperwork.
Pros
Flexible hours and lots of them if wanted.
Cons
No benefits
Richmond Brightstar
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 14, 2018
If you are willing to work like a slave and travel all over for clients this is the place for you. The greatest thing is referral bonus, if you can get them to pay you correctly for it and also weekly pay.
Pros
weekly pay, flexible hours
Cons
work needed and not enough workers to cover shifts
Good working atmosphere, lousy pay
Office Manager/Client Care Manager (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 11, 2018
While I understand some people will make more depending on their role, everyone should at least be paid FAIRLY. That is not the case here. I wish it were because I love the people. It's just not true. Oh and when I found this job online, the job posting mentioned benefits. They don't actually offer benefits apparently.
Good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia scOctober 10, 2018
It’s ok. I am currently still there. Good work flow . Would recommend to anybody . Never met the owners . That could be a good or bad thing . People in office were nice
little time
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 8, 2018
I did not work for this company long enough to really review it, the experience I did have was favorable. Staff was nice and provided excellent guidelines for how to complete the work assigned.
This job is gor young girls who reslly dont want to work, and like to stay on there phones.
Certified Nursing Assistant - Home Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCOctober 6, 2018
Brightstar did not have very good communication between the supervisors and the employees, I really just sat at people's house I really didn't like just sitting, d idnt like having to go through people's cabinets and trying to remember everyone's routine,
Cons
All u really do is sit...
Starter Job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 6, 2018
It was a great starter job for me. I needed to gain experience and they helped me to that. Unfortunately they were not able to give me the hours I was looking for. I would have liked more hours in one or two locations instead of traveling around the valley,
Poor staff support
RN (Former Employee) –  NHOctober 5, 2018
Company is newer, so not much support for new employees. Little to no training. Seems like they care too much about money than hiring the right staff and training them properly.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Lack of training
Flex schedule
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  State College, PASeptember 30, 2018
They offer a flexible schedule. Office staff are nice and understanding. They don’t have enough employees to cover all the clients. There is no room for advancement but if u are looking for a laid back non hectic day of work this job would be perfect
Poor communication, bad attitude from supervisors and staff, low supplies and families that never had anything nice to say about the agency.
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2018
Worked here for a few months. I now tell other nursing friends to avoid employment here. Communication was poor and text and phone calls would go unanswered. Patients that needed supplies were waiting days and even weeks. I had to get supplies from my PRN job for one patient. I was on cases where families were always complaining about the agency and other issues. Had one case where everything was good between me and the family but never any follow ups with the agency or staff when my patient went from hospital to home. Was there maybe 6 weeks and called it quits when I was told I was complaining to much when all I did was advocate for my patient about when to expect supplies and get info. As a nurse they'll throw a warm body anywhere just to get the case staffed. No poc prior to visit and no brief on family dynamics. When I left my main patient wanted to go with me to my new agency. As a nurse it's hard sometimes for us male nurses to find a case as many families want a female nurse. It's not a place to risk risking your license. Families kept calling me when I left and nothing changed. Even the new case manager quit after a few weeks. My nursing school instructor has a relative that works here and he cant stand how its run.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Office attitude, poor communication, no supplies, putting out fires the agency starts
Ok place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 27, 2018
I worked for several Brightstars over the years. The most recent one was not as good as the others. The owner was more concerned with making money than actual patient care. He was not aware about California's lunch/break laws and did not inform me that I was supposed to be getting paid for mileage.
Unorganized and lacked professionalism
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 26, 2018
I loved the woman who hired me on. She was very decent and professional lady. However, the management that I worked under once I was hired was terrible and unprofessional. I needed the money and they do pay well so I put up with it as long as I could.
Pros
Decent pay, and flexibility
Cons
Unprofessional, unorganized, drive to different places everyday, not certain of the job
Thankful for the opportunity. I enjoyed the flexibility.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Bright star provided me with steady cases. It was a great learning experience. I was thankful that I was able to have flexibility and work at own pace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrightStar Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight