BrightStar Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,245 reviews matching the search See all 1,294 reviews
Nice place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2018
I predominantly did IV cases. I didn't want to work nights in a hospital. I did IVIG, Remicaide, etc . The only thing is there's limited backup if there's a problem. You have to call the supervisor, who may be out on a visit. Some of the infusions are longer than others. Some homes are more amenable than others, I.e. presence of pets, personality of patients, etc. But overall, a decent job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not enough work
Rewarding position
Level II Healthcare Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 15, 2018
I felt this was a rewarding position with lots to learn on a daily basis. Would recommend this position for anyone needing flexibly in the job position they are hired.
Productive and fun work environment
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHAugust 14, 2018
I work there currently as an LNA. I love hone care. The office really cares about patient care and I enjoy the 1 on 1 I get with our clients. All complaints by clients are taken very seriously and we as employees get rewarded monthly for having good work ethic and completing our work. It is very easy to contact our team and there is always someone 24/7 available to help when you're out on the field.
Pros
Monthly bonuses, referral bonuses, 1 on 1 patient care
Cons
No breaks on the field but you have a decent amount of down time to spend with the client
Not payed enough for type of work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 13, 2018
I worked for the for 3 years and only got a raise once. No PTO or Maternity leave. Employees constantly call into work the management is very dysfunctional and unorganized.
Great staff to work with
Cna (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILAugust 12, 2018
Office is always willing to help out. They are always willing to find you hours if you need them and willing to help out if you need time off. They are very good with communication.
horrible company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 9, 2018
Really bad management , No commuication . No Training for the caregivers ,. Nothing good to say about the company , when calling the office no one in the office never know what there doing . the only they I loved the one on one with client
Pros
Clients
Cons
pay
productive
LVN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 7, 2018
not impressed with office staff, was very clicky,,mission to give quality care for disabled children and there family , only if it didn't cost them anything ,loved my patient and family,hardest part to me was trying to not get attached the kids.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no insurance at the time
Great experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 6, 2018
BrightStar gave me the autonomy to take care of my patients in each one of the individual homes. I was able to communicate easily and develop my schedule weekly.
Wonderful company
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INAugust 5, 2018
I have worked for other home health companies before and this is by far the best one. They make you feel appreciated for what you do and your hard work does not go unnoticed. The staff is so nice and easy to talk to. Communication is key and any issue or concern that you want to talk about there are multiple people that are there for you. They always have a smile on their face. They check with you how you are liking your schedule and clients and want you to be completely happy with what you are doing. I am so glad I found this company to work for!
Not what they claim
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 3, 2018
You start our at $10 after 90 days you are suppose to get a raise. You dont get paid for any time over your scheduled hours even if approved they dont pay you. If you work 40+ hours a week anything over 40 hours they drop your pay to $8 an hour then will give time in a half but of you do work over they have to have it in there systems to get paid so if your stuck st a clients house for an extra 45 min they dont pay you for it they have to schedule you for the 8 hours and 45 min to get paid. People punch in and dont even work that shift they are scheduled for and the company never knows because they never check in. But you have to be family to get away with that. They hire you for your local area but send you out of it. I was send 45min out out my area
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
To many to list here
Nice company with room to grow
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 2, 2018
Working here has taught me a lot about home health care and being a CNA. I learned a lot and met a lot of loving and caring people to have the opportunity to care for. Some challenges I faced were using hoyer lifts on my own.
Huge clique office
SCHEDULING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 30, 2018
If you are not in the clique, you are looked down upon. Management of office staff is not supportive and very two faced. Decent pay but no benefits. Very laid back office which causes more damage than good when it comes to resolving issues. Management does try to engage office staff in bonding days. Hardest part of the job is being on call. On call is terrible as field staff are not held accountable to call outs/ no call no shows, they basically get a slap on the wrist. Office staff/management provides advice/criticism on how to do your job, but when it comes time to help out or step up to the plate no one does it willingly. Huge turn around time with all the office, and field staff, no job security. They will make it dreadful till you quit, or when business is low they lay you off.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Terrible management, terrible turn around, on call all the time
Easy going
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2018
I loved this job but the owner and office manager (who were involved) were awful. The owner was constantly yelling and belittling everyone for minor mistakes.

The job was super easy, sometimes stressful. Especially when you’re on call. If you’re on call, just assume you have no life that week.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
on call, stressful, no benefits
It's a good place to work for beginners
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 30, 2018
I like working for Bright Star when you have a consistent client. If you don't have a consistent client you have to travel to get your hours. It is not always easy to find a consistent client.
Very flexible work schedule
HOME HEALTH NURSE (Former Employee) –  variedJuly 30, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. Very flexible work hours. I basically educated patients in their home on how to administer their injectable medications and did in home assessments for insurance purposes.
amazing clients
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Jackson, WIJuly 29, 2018
i love helping people in need! daily on my job i am offering help with showering or bathing, meal prep, medication reminder, etc, most importantly companionship! To me, the hardest part would be to see people struggle with everyday obstacles. something that seems so easy to us is not as east for others, and thats what i think is the most enjoyable part also! Helping others complete tasks that they are able to do on their own!
Cons
too far of a distance to drive to certain clients homes and no compensation for milage
Home health care aide
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 26, 2018
Not enough clients they say to work for day shifts to do! The lady that schudule people could do a better job as well. The nurse is not keeping up with a client that I worked with or even came to check up on him with his g-tube when it hurt him. They are kinda lazy people in office as doesn't care to much about the clients or caregivers. They don't train you enough or show you how to use certain things enough. Sometimes they don't tell you what you can't or not allowed to do. THEY DON'T EXPLAIN THINGS ABOUT HOW TO USE THE MOBILE INTERNET OR THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU WON'T GET PAID TO WORK IF YOU DON'T DO ONLINE TASK FOR NOTES, BUT IF CLIENT DOESN'T HAVE IT SET UP THEN YOU CAN'T DO THAT. MESSED UP OFFICE AND THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT CHARGING PEOPLE A LOT INSTEAD OF PAYING THERE EMPLOYEES GOOD.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours for employees, Not enough pay, Not great training, Doesn't tell people enough to know about what we can or can't do.
BrightStar Care Personal Assistant/Companion
Personal Assistant/Companion (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJuly 25, 2018
I only wanted to work a few hours a week, afternoons/evenings. I got calls and texts in the middle of the night for early a.m. shifts. I was sent to clients who the scheduler admitted needed a CNA. So I was doing CNA work for PA/Companion pay. A lot of housework in homes where the client didn't believe in a/c.
Pros
Paid training, but some of it was slap dash.
Cons
See Review.
Nice company to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 25, 2018
Flexible schedule. The owners are very compassionate and really do their best to provide an individualized care to each patient needs. The client are very pleased with their services.
Good place
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJuly 19, 2018
Good place to work, not guaranteed hours. management is easy to get along with and they are flexible with your hours. they make you feel prepared before sending you off somewhere which is nice
Pros
clients, flexibility, pay
Cons
breaks, hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrightStar Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight