BrightStar Care Employee Reviews

Working there sucked
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Knolls, NJMay 25, 2018
I love the fact that they were ambitious but I hate the fact that I couldn’t have a personal life while working there and I was forced to make the workers do a job they did not want to do!
okay
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 22, 2018
A typical work day taking care of the individuals, working to assist people who can not care for themselves is priceless. A the end of the day you are making people happy
Never had a problem working here. They gave me the hours that I needed to pay my bills
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 21, 2018
Nothing to say about this. I enjoy helping people and will continue to do so. I left Bright Star because I was offered a position with another company.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No room for advancement
Terrible place to work management is unreliable
Overnight Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 17, 2018
Management is terrible, scheduleing is a joke. Don’t get any hours. You are not paid if you have to stay past your shift. Would not recommend anyone to deal with this company. Constant schedule changing. Clients constantly complained of this Company and management.
Amazing clients
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 15, 2018
Overall a nice company. Management played favoritism with certain employees. Felt pressure to take a client if someone else called off. Payroll was never right with the company.
Awful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 15, 2018
I think with any home health agency they are lacking qualified people who understand working with clients directly. Very cold atmosphere. If you didnt take a shift they would hold it against you, not giving you hours when available.
Flexiable
LPN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2018
The company was not good to work for i found my self having issues with paid the give me the blues went it came down to paid. Money was taking out of my check after they made mistakes. i had no input in their decisions.
I truly enjoyed being apart of the brightstar family!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 13, 2018
This was the best caregiving company I'd ever worked with! The pay was great with ample opportunity for advancement and raises as you got more experience. The staff and management was always friendly. I felt safe working with other companies through brightstar knowing my company would ensure fairness and quality at every turn, I absolutely loved the clients! Especially working in home one on one with clients where they can be comfortable in their environment and i had more time to focus on the clients needs and enjoy their time. Brightstar goes out of it's way to recognize its employees, they just really seem to care. Because i felt so supported and welcomed by my team, stressful days were hard to come by. I highly recommend becoming a part of the brightstar care team!
Pros
Flexible hours, ability to choose clients
Cons
May be harder to find clients when you want or if you bus.
Love to give out sweets
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 11, 2018
A great place to work if you want to earn extra money. if you like working one on one then this is the place for you. Not the job for you if you are not a people person.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
lack of comunication
Traveling different Facility
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 9, 2018
A typical day at work i getting a assignment and going to the facility, and getting my job assignment there. Working 8-12 hours 4 days a week, every other weekend.
Pros
flexiale
Cons
N/a
Variety of patients to work with
RN (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 8, 2018
A typical workday varied. Some visits were a full shift (8-10 hours) while others were a home visit to give an injection and do patient teaching. I learned to enter a home a great attitude to make the patient and the family feel at ease. I managed my time well by documenting while the patient was resting. The hardest part of my job was traveling to areas I was unfamiliar with. The best part of my job was meeting new clients and making them feel at ease.
Pros
Flexible days and hours
Cons
Very strenous on my back.
must be individually driven
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FL 33467May 6, 2018
you must be enthusiastic about what you do and do your best. A nurse at this home healthcare office is fully responsible for herself without relying on management.
Cons
no communication
Huntington Beach - LVN (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 3, 2018
I enjoyed my time with BrighStar Care in Huntington Beach.

The owner was very professional and the office staff top notch. The support staff (RN's, Care Coordinators and front office) work very hard to accommodate scheduling and maintain high professionalism.
Pros
Supportive work environment and good communication with staff
Cons
None really, they work hard for their clients
Horrible Workplace
anonymous (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2018
Worst Company ever worked for and wouldn't recommend working for them. Their Are better home health agencies. They so not care about employees and horrible management.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Poor Management
loved working with my clients
In-Home Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 1, 2018
lot of clients good coordinators had chance to meet lot of very nice people and families. I also enjoyed the chance to make my own schedule based on the clients that i picked to work for.
Pros
Helped people daily
Cons
had to move
Intertainning at times
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Simons Island, GAApril 30, 2018
This company isn't really at bad place to work at, its just requires a lot of driving lifting, and hours can be somewhat of a challenge, it depends on what client you are ask to work for/with.
Pros
dont have to clock out for break, your a little more free to be out with your client if need to.
Cons
alot of driving and some lifting.
I wouldn't recommend job.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 29, 2018
Working for Bright Star is very stressful! There's lies on top of lies with Management. Disrespect and scheming is at a all time high. I was verbally abused by office staff. Pay was horrendous! I provided care for two clients got paid minimum wage for one. One client is not with bright star. Hate the work experience!
Pros
Cons
Respect, pay
Great team.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Hamilton County, INApril 25, 2018
They try hard to meet client with caregiver. They do very well with this. Can contact staff anytime as needed. They have fun opportunities to meet with staff at the office, i.e. treats, pizza sometimes!
Pros
Gas cards occasionally, prizes, celebrations and awards.
Cons
No cons.
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time at brightstar i honestly have no complaints other than not getting enough hours to make a living. And theres not much training provided you had better be prepared to walk into a place blinded and basically figure it out. If you do have questions theres 2 girls that work in there office who are absolutely amazing
Pays well
Legal Sr. System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 23, 2018
I only worked there as a contractor and was paid well as a contractor. I know of others that worked there full time and had great pay and benefits. Not a bad place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrightStar Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight