BrightStar Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,382 reviews matching the search See all 1,433 reviews
Good start for nursing
LPN (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 17, 2019
Great temp agency if you need flexibility. Gave me the opportunity to try different disciplines within nursing. Pay was good. Not to much training. No benefits.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
No benefits
fun
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJanuary 15, 2019
I believe that it was a good place to work at. Paid the bills. Reliable but they didnt seem to care much if you had personal things you needed to take care of
Ok job for time being
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 10, 2019
Bright star is a very competitive company to work for. Your hours are pretty much based upon what you're able to do, making it a very flexible job as well.
Poor Workplace Morale
Client Care Manager (On-Call) (Former Employee) –  Moraga, CAJanuary 10, 2019
BEWARE: Management does not listen to employee concerns, employees feel replaceable, can be switched to other shifts even if you don't want to be switched. Workplace morale is poor, management is confrontational in front of other staff when it comes to addressing issues, coaching and feedback. Management very unprofessional.
Pros
Flexible schedule for field staff
Cons
Micromanagement at it’s worse, poor follow through from HR, no career growth & no raises
Fair and honest management team
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2019
Please be aware that there are two ownership groups in Pittsburgh. You cannot tell from these reviews which office they are talking about. BrightStar NORTH HILLS is a good place to work and all employee's are treated fairly. The management team works hard to get you your hours and always pays accurately and on time. If you want to work for BrightStar in Pittsburgh, work for BrightStar Care of the North Hills.
Was given a bonus for not being late
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2019
Not enough hours but the people i worked with were nice Most of time I worked night so I got them ready for bed. We looked at tv or just talked.I made sure everything was ready for the next day.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Not enough hours
Not very appreciative of their employees
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 7, 2019
I worked there for 3 years with not much increase in pay. The owner was unhappy and did not appreciate his employees
They are not very honest with their employees either.
love the job but extremely underpaid
Home Health Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 5, 2019
I love the experience that I gained while working here, you really get exposed to many different types of healthcare settings. It is very easy to bond with a client, and the work is relatively easy. The management is very nice and will work with you and your schedule. The flexibility is amazing, but you hardly get paid anything at all! I am a college student and work around 40 hours a week and just barely scrape by! I do love my job, but it is very exhausting and hard on my body, with little reward or pay off. it's hardly worth it and there are no opportunities for advancement, and I only have the opportunity to receive one raise during my time here.
Pros
love the work
Cons
must work long hours to get by, no recognition, no opportunities for advancement
Great opportunity
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 2, 2019
Great opportunity giving after receiving CNA License from the facility, and great staff members, with friendly employees. Easy to talk to management and willing to listen to suggestions.
This place has a high turnover rate, in office you never know who'll you'll be talking to.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 2, 2019
This place is for rhe young and inexperienced, if you're experienced they will try you and at some instances worry about your LICENSES. So older more EXPERIENCED CNAS this job isn't for you..
Fun place to work at
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 1, 2019
Understanding a nd kind boss,very flexible,I am able to work what ever hours to like and as many hours as I can. It's a fun agency to work for as they are nice
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Sometimes not too professional
Low pay and expenses for transporting patients are not reimbursed.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJanuary 1, 2019
Okay to work for but no employee incentives. Not much else to write about, except plan on working all the weekends even though they say it will be on occasion.
a typical day at work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCDecember 31, 2018
company management was unorganized. Management was very nasty toward workers. Didn't want to give raises. offered poor health insurance. alot of clients left the company
I love this company!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 31, 2018
I absolutely love the ladies that work here, they're always willing to work with you as long as you're willing to work with them. They always give me amazing clients that I absolutely love to work with and they always work around my schedule. I will always send people who are looking to work for a lovely company who is all about making the client AND their employees feel at home!
Franchise
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, MADecember 28, 2018
Franchise and startup. I do not feel comfortable leaving comments or reviews because Indeed requires me to leave reviews for every job I've ever held.
great company
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 28, 2018
love this company. Flexible work hours, friendly owner. compensation is good with miles. do they best to find you work so you won't be out of work. Bonuses
Bright Star Care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCDecember 26, 2018
Bright Star was a pretty good company to wok for. At times it was hard to get consistent hours. The managers seemed not to care. Some of The clients were really hard to care for. To me I felt like they needed more care.
Costly
CNA (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PADecember 23, 2018
Be careful, just worried about getting all
Clients services. No consideration to
Your travel time. No stability with clients

Cell service , car. Maintenance to to keep car
On road. Could possibly cost. More than you
Bring in. HR. not really an advocate for
Employee rights ..
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Travel cost, no stability with clients
very poor management
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 21, 2018
its not the company that should get poor rating its the peoples in the office that gives the company a bad rating/score which keeps other dedicated employees to stay away.. Instead of having meetings with employees Brightstar employee goes off a word of mouth from another employee instead of investigating the issue.Therefore, good employees ,like myself dedicated and hard working left with no other choice but, to leave not only the company but, the family's that has got use to have a caregiver that is reliable and taking care of their love one.
Great place to work.
Clinical Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 18, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in someone's life. I enjoyed being able to provide peace of mind to the patient and family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrightStar Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight