BrightStar Care

BrightStar Care insights

Based on 1,058 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great Workplace

Work was great! Amazing clients and I was matched with the clients I would see. Training was provided intermittently. Staffing was sometimes low and I felt as if I couldn't call out because they didn't have anyone to replace me, even in emergency situations. Raise twice a year during the first year. Flexible hours that allowed me to balance my own life. Loved working for this company, the clients really made it special.

great job to work with client's in their homes

good job, horrible benefitsgreat team to work withmanagement team easy to work withmileage re imbursmentsome days ae unmanageable, others slow.Great knowing that we are helping those in need of care

It's friendly and family oriented

A great company to work for and they actually work with what works for you. Great benefits and pay. Places you with good employers. They has your back when they place you.

A lot of opportunities

I had several opportunities to work as little or as much as I wanted, but the pay is terrible. There are really no benefits since it is a PRN job. The job can be boring at times.

Flexible nursing job

I love working autonomously. Brightstar let’s you do just that. Flexible schedule. The hourly rate not that great, but love the staff and my patients.

Pros

Flexible schedules

Cons

Pay

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Great place to work.

BrightStar is an amazing place to work, if it weren't for personal inconveniences in my own life I would still be employed with them. None the less, they schedule you plenty of hours in the times you are available, and adapt to your schedule and help you succeed.

Pros

Flexible, Pay, Great management

Cons

Short hours some days

great part-time work, very flexible

job schedule was flexible and able to work with my school's schedule. submitting time sheets and patient documentation was easy and efficient. weekly pay was an added plus.

Pros

weekly pay, flexible schedule

Cons

some commute to patients were far

Brightstar care of lane county. Best job I ever had!

I feel appreciated and respected my all management and staff. I am treated and paid well. Communication is great and I love my client as well. I have referred many people to this agency. Jennifer is the best boss you could have. I feel trained well prepared to preform my duties and am always backed up by office staff if I have any questions or concerns. The on-going monthly paid quizzes and star jar drawing are fun . I love that I can choose hours and days that I need. I work part time, although I am always offered lots more hours if I ever wanted them

Pros

ongoing paid education, benefits, good pay

Med passer

Love that I can make my own schedule while im in school! Love that they encourage people to go to school and get more education! The pay is amazing for around this area!

Pros

Pay, make you own schedule

Cons

Lots of facilities are super short staffed

Flexible hours, they work with your own personal schedule, great for students in school. Just didn’t like the pay they provided. Not really organized

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay

Jobs at BrightStar Care

See more jobs

autonomy

Media core pay. No benefits. Ok if your looking for per diem hours and a quick paycheck. Little stability. Very little to no clinical support. Out of date documentation policies.

Pros

autonomy

Cons

no benefits

Ok place

Don’t do it, thank me later. Will try to low ball you on pay and won’t give you the overtime that you worked. Will pay others more than what you for the same job when you both have the same license and experience. Always hours missing off your pay, cannot trust them

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Pay is not that great

Just another job

No advancement, No benefits, just another job. Management never care about your well-being, concerned mostly about satisfying the client. This is a job to do while waiting on your actual job.

N/a

Just started working with this company it have flexible schedule and plenty of hrs if that’s what you need this is the job for you the pay is okay looking forward to my new journey

Good for Students and for gaining experience

It is a good place to work but if the client wants to cancel your time right ahead , either they give you someone else or not at all for the day. They are accomodating. It is no pressure if you come and go.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Pay raise

Good place to start as a caregiver

The company is very flexible with your schedule and understanding of commitments. This is a good caregiver agency to work for if you have a tight schedule and want to work part time.

Good management

Good company to work for. They work with your schedule. Very flexible. Pay is good. Management is very good easy to work with. Offers a lot of job opportunities.

Must Have Compassion

Tough Clients Because They’re Mostly Veterans Usually The Family (Minding Your Business) But Overall Nice Job And Nice People. Easy Money And Flexible Work Hours.

Pros

make your schedule

Cons

client’s family

A great Opportunity

Returning to the workplace from having taken a few months off from work can be daunting experience for anyone. I was lucky enough to begin work with a group of people from Brightstar that are truly amazing. Super nice and accepting and hardworking. Its a very family friendly atmosphere. They openly told me that amount of jobs that I may be getting at the beginning may be a little slow but they would work me as long as I worked with them to get jobs. Compensation is fair and I feel like staff is always working hard for each other. I would recommend .

Pros

Make your own schedule and the ability to choose jobs that your comfortable with.

Cons

Census can get a little low sometimes ( but they explain that upon hire)

Keep looking you can do better!

When I joined this company I was under the impression that they were genuine & actually cared about their clients and their employees. But I'm finding that they are all about filling the shift and not giving any consideration to the client or their employees. The pay is terrible, there are no benefits. They don't seem to care about the needs of either the employees or the client and it's really sad. They will hire anybody and when I say that I mean literally anybody off the street! If you don't have experience, you like to sleep when you're working, and you don't go above and beyond or even accomplish simple tasks then this is the perfect job for you! But for people like me, that do everything and anything that is needed it is definitely not appreciated!!

Pros

My client's

Cons

Compassionate, and cares about their clients.

I’ve been employed six years, which is longer than I’ve been with any other company. They have a down-to-earth and practical philosophy when dealing with problems or situations. They demonstrate understanding and empathy for their clients and they value their employees as well. I wish the compensation was better and the hours were consistent.

Pros

It’s not stressful, although some cases can be more difficult.

Cons

Low wages, inconsistent hours, no benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrightStar Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight