Brightstar Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Some hours
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJuly 19, 2018
It’s a decent place to work at, it’s just management that sucks. Only good thing is that when there’s a lot of overtime you can make good money. Depends on the person you are you might like it.
Friendly Company
Certified Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 9, 2018
Was PRN, treated employees very well and acknowledged us. They had all different cultures working for them. The hardest part was having to say goodbye to a client. The flexibility of when I wanted to work was nice.
Pros
Treated well
Cons
Na
A typical day at work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, PAJuly 6, 2018
It was a good place to work at but they did not want to give me a raise because it was under new management. The best part of working there was that I met some wonder families.
Pros
The paitents
Cons
No raise
Productive work place
specialist warranty (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 29, 2018
• Received and analyzed returned units to confirm defects and quantities specified by customers
• Confirmed warranty activation with different brands like Samsung, Apple, and LG

Entrusted to manage day to day customer service and RMA processes for distributors and wholesalers, approximately 300 requests covering from 25 to 1,000 cellphones per week
various assignments in side and out transporting
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 27, 2018
Brightstar was A+ good company assignments matched for client and CNA I work various assignments as x-ray tech on health fairs, Hospice care.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lunch included
A fulfilling experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJune 13, 2018
BrightStar Foundation is a non profit making organization, that focuses on educating people on the Sickle Cell Disease and helping those with the disease become healthier along side fighting to erase the Sickle Cell Stigma of dieing before 21.

This organization is a small one gradually growing and needs the help of volunteers and sponsors to do so. The Main goal is to spread the word all over the word and give both financial and emotional support to the patient with Sickle Cell Disease.

Volunteering for me was very fulfilling because after every day of work, I felt happy that I was helping at least I patient in the world.
When assisting in cordinating seminals, after putting in th work and time, on the day of the annual seminals I always felt that the work was worth it because of all the smiles on the faces of the patients as they saw that they were not alone, were cancelled on the stigma,listened to patients who had passed the "death age"(21years), got some little medicines they need to drink daily(folic acid)and did fun activities with others like them.
Enjoyable
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 3, 2018
Brightstar Senior Living is a place to further your caregiving career. You form a connection and bond with each resident in the facility. No one shift is like another although, everyday consists of the same routine.
I Like Brightstar
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 2, 2018
Brightstar isn’t the worse place to work , but i believe if they gave more services and recognition to their employees things a be smooth. Plus management was just poorly handled. They didn’t communicate well with each other or with their employees.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
No breaks, No hours
Fast- paced and challenging environment
Lead messenger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2018
Great company to work for with many hours of work. great for someone looking to work long days and looking to settle for a non stressful work environment
Intresting place to work at.
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2018
In the early years of Bstar the work culture was a lot more easy going. Once the original owner sold the company over to Softbank things changed drastically changed. All they care about is the bottom line.
Pros
Free stuff from different custoemrs, cell phone cases etc.
Cons
Managment personl
This is simply a staffing company with a poor understanding of the infusion business
Infusion Nurse Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 16, 2018
This company hired me to provide infusion nursing to patients needing infusion services. The work was frustrating but worth it to make sure that proper services were provided to all patients assigned to me. I love my patients and I love infusion nursing nursing!
Pros
I was able to do infusion nursing
Cons
poor management
High Paced, Not enough managerial support
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 10, 2018
Chaotic shifts, not enough support from management, high productivity expectation and LOTS of employee favoritism (specially if you are female). Second shift forward manager needs to reevaluate himself and start respecting individuals for their contribution.
Butcher style management.
Lots of low pay temp coworkers 99% of all of them.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Management, unreal productivity expectations, employee favoritism.
Great Motivational Team
F/T Lead Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 9, 2018
Brightstar had given my first opportunity into a leadership role. I held the responsibility of the finances being correct at the end pf the night along with ensuring the team was working well and satisfied.
Poor work place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 29, 2018
There were weeks that I would work 108 hours and if I would tell them know that would make me feel guilty. Management was never there or supported me.
Pros
Cons
No days off, work you until you were burnt out
Brightstar
Disposition Operator (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILApril 7, 2018
Hours were great for me and the pay was standard for the positiin. Loved to work with such awesome and diversed people. My immediate shift manager was awesome!
Pros
Great hours for me
Cons
Not able to be hired on for a perminent position.
If you like phones great place to work.
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILApril 6, 2018
The job was very easy, the afternoons went by very fast. I learned a lot about data wiping , and resetting phones. The workplace is mainly hispanic. They do have a pretty high turnover rate.
Cons
short breaks, bad parking arrangements
Great company for True Caring Caregivers
Certified Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 16, 2018
I loved working at Brightstar as well as the management. From my experience it's a great company if you follow the rules and instruction. A typical day at work consists of helping elders with their activities of daily living. I learned how to interact with elders that have declining health.
Pros
Comfortable atmosphere
Cons
Personal Relations
Positive, mellow office environment
RN-STAFF NURSE AND ADON (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 14, 2018
My last year of work: a typical day at work in office--arrival, faxing/copying/printing off list of clients to schedule visits.Talk with DNS. Said, hello to office staff. Discussed any new issues related to visits. Read posted positive encouragement statements on the wall. Looked at the office email. Read the alerts on the new ABS system. Worked on tasks delegated to me by DNS. I think what I learned was that working in an office role has its ups and downs. Management is a behind the scenes job sometimes and clients/aides sometimes don't realize the need until... Brightstar workplace culture focuses on positive concepts and good working relationships. The hardest part of the job for a nurse: it's not a case manager role and it's not a home health role but it is a supervisory role. Home care via Brightstar is private pay, so an RN can do a fully detailed assessment and discover critical needs yet the client can only afford an hour per week or negotiates for "caregiver level only" @ $$/hr yet really needs "CNA/medtech level" care @ $$/hr. The computerized careplan is an evolving work in progress and in the future will hopefully have a place that mentions caregiver level and updates along with client needs? 2) An RN works with many community partners (companies like HH agencies or Hospice). The community partner RN is in charge of care for the patient; the Brightstar RN just supervises CNA's and makes sure the paperwork is in order for the caregiver to succeed in providing care in collaboration with the community partner. (My previous roles as an RN have been at the pt bedside  more... providing care. Staff nursing.) The most enjoyable part of the job is visiting with the clients. The majority of them are pleasant and grateful for the care received and generally cooperative with the nursing on info requested and care-plan updates.  less
Pros
Flexible hours, positive staff
Cons
Not enough hours, misunderstandings due to caregiver level and expectation of services provided
disorganized
Infusion Nurse (Current Employee) –  new hampshireMarch 11, 2018
little to no orientation. Manager quick to hire and disorganized. Hurried to find nurses. Did much of my own research for infusion pumps and had little knowledge of what is going on when going into a home. Need to be super independent
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of orientatin and support
Mucho trabajo, mucho aprendizaje
Senior .Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Provincia de Tierra del FuegoMarch 8, 2018
es una buena empresa en cuanto a lo laboral, se aprende muchisimo debido a que hay mucha obligaciones. Lo unico que podria objetar es que faltaria gestionar mejor los recursos.