Brightview Senior Living
67Average

Brightview Senior Living Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA13 reviews
The management at Brightview great falls is amazing, and really helps make everyday feel important. The work that is done for the residents within the community is meaningful work, and they remind you of that often.
It seems like a great job for I love the residents but advance -There is none! Lazy lazy people that do NOT do their job & Not enough hours ever especially during the holidays .Its not the worst but its not consistent in here.
Its a very nice place to work except cutting hours only from full time & part time resident assistance (care givers)who work the toughest part in the facility.
Brightview is the best place to work , I had to work at a lot of places, but working with brightview is the top . No stress, good pay , good management.
The management listens to only gossips. They will fire or suspend you without hearing your side when someone gossip about a staff. The managers too are not matured enough to investigate before firing someone. Because of that they fire and hire all the time. Their retention rate is very low. Its always cost the company to hire and train new staff.
Pros
Good benefits
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
We create a very special links this our residents. Always busy day in the kitchen but also fun team work. I am part of the adventure from the opening 8 months ago at Rockville. The management is always ready to help and very supportive. New community with a lot of challenges and opportunities like usual.
Pros
contact with residents and correct benefit package
Cons
fast faced, very demanding
No visible tattoos. 1st girl I worked had Visable tattoo on her right hand. Training was terrible. Beautiful property but the management has a long way to go to care about employees. I can't waste another minute about how poorly this place is run.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
I transition from Retail Industry to Health Care
Got my first job in Healthcare industry in Brightview

Awesome people ,Helpful staff,Good Mangers

Pay is competitive as i just started or can switched to a new industry
Pros
free lunch during trainings
This is a great company with plenty of benefits and lots of opportunities for growth. Workplace culture is casual but employees are expected to always act professionally. I enjoyed working here
I'm passionate about the eardely, my point is that elderly specially with Alzheimer's can't speak for themselves. We as a care taker should care for them fairly. We should not separates them to other residents about their rights. They should be included or given separate field trips on scheduled field trip days.
This comapany treats their residents unfairly.
You get a chance to meet everyone involved in the Brightview family from the top down. It is a smaller company and they value their team members! A great place to work.
Working there helps me to challenge myself to demonstrate all the skills I've learned in school, and all the years I spend helping the elderly and those who needed help with their daily living. A typical day at work (mojority) is providing service to the residents which is my joy and satisfication. My co-workers are also helpful and available to help one another to get the job done. The hardest part of the job really becomes the easiest due to the fact that we work as a teamwork in challenging situations.
I began my very short career with Brightview Senior Living as a Registered Medication Aide in Wellspring Village (their memory care neighborhood). When I first started working at this community, I loved my work, the resident's, and my co-workers. Very quickly, though, I began learning that one of the managers began targeting certain Associates. Every week (literally), we lost at least one co-worker and a new Associate would begin that very day (every time).

While the community was beautiful, the pay and the benefits are wonderful (and hard to come by), and (most of) the residents were fantastic, I can honestly say that my short time at the community was more stress, frustration, and anger than it was worth. I worked no less than 100 hours per pay period and was so stressed out that it began affecting my home life. So I resigned, although I knew I was about to be terminated because I confronted the manager who was targeting Associates and "letting them go."
Pros
Great co-workers, beautiful and new community, fantastic residents, wonderful pay and benefits
Cons
Short staffed, overworked Associates, very poor management