Brightview Senior Living Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Beware!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 26, 2018
Terrible place to work. Do not care about nurses, or your license. Quick turnover with management who don’t care about staff or residents. Senior management cares even less.

Residents deserve better.
Pros
Working with residents
Cons
Everything else
Management very inexperienced, does not know how to motivate
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 20, 2018
Generally this could be good place to work, but the lack of experienced management makes everyone very frustrated and not appreciated. The people promoted into management are "yes men" and lack the respect of the staff.
Pros
The residents are awesome.
Cons
The residents have no say with management
Fast faced work place with a good management
Cook (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 25, 2018
We create a very special links this our residents. Always busy day in the kitchen but also fun team work. I am part of the adventure from the opening 8 months ago at Rockville. The management is always ready to help and very supportive. New community with a lot of challenges and opportunities like usual.
Pros
contact with residents and correct benefit package
Cons
fast faced, very demanding
Unsafe to work as nurse
Resident Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAMay 16, 2018
Resident acuity does not match nurse staffing level. Management purposely short staffs aides to save money. Management disrespectful of nurses. Elderly deserve better.
Pros
working with seniors
Cons
management very unskilled
bv
Server (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAApril 24, 2018
Exciting place to work at. fair with every worker. opportunities to expand and get promotions. overall easy job and good hours provided. hardest part was just staying on track.
Per Diem Worker
Certified Nursing Assistant - Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Arlington, MAMarch 21, 2018
I just started in September and will work more this summer when I finish my junior year in college. So far I have had a great experience and the other staff have helped me learn a lot.
Management not organized
Concierge management not organized (Former Employee) –  Brightview west end Rockville MDMarch 10, 2018
No visible tattoos. 1st girl I worked had Visable tattoo on her right hand. Training was terrible. Beautiful property but the management has a long way to go to care about employees. I can't waste another minute about how poorly this place is run.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Friendly fun exciting respectable professional environment.
Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMarch 5, 2018
One of the best experiences of had working in a large community with a huge staff from many many departments. Everyone has a friendly face a smile even on a bad day and we all back each other out great teamwork.
Pros
Excellent place to work. Delicious food hard-working directors that care about their staff
Cons
The hours
Server (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAMarch 4, 2018
Gives good experience and keeps you on your feet. The other workers there are caring and easy to get along with. MY boss was open to helping me with my schooling/work schedule..
Pros
Free food
Cons
always on your feet
Great place to work and grow.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Severna Park, MDFebruary 15, 2018
Brightview is a great place to work. It's fast paced, incorporating, just a fun place to work. Everyone is inviting and nice &t he residents are SUPER sweet. My manager isn't abrasive or controlling. They train you very well for your position & they are organized. They show you how a Senior Living Facility should be ran. I love working here and plan on advancing with the company, they'll help you with this too =)
Great First Job.
Server (Current Employee) –  Severna Park, MDFebruary 14, 2018
High school student and this is my first job.
I was very nervous at first but the management and the team was very welcoming.
I enjoy brightening the day of the residents and made many friends here.
The other servers and supervisors are always willing to help out.
I am encouraged everyday to speak up if I have any concerns and I feel good about doing so.
Very accommodating with my schedule needs.
I feel very appreciated by my direct supervisors.
Pros
comfortable evironement
Cons
Gets busy but it is ok.
Love my job
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 13, 2018
Working in a Brightview community is more than just a job. I love the interaction with the residents, their families, our department directors and frontline associates. The communities are beautiful places to work, the activities are so much fun- it is a refreshing environment to work in. The President/CEO is amazing and leads the mission of the company. She makes it easy to want to follow her lead. I highly recommend working for Brightview Senior Living.
Pros
fun environment, beautiful buildings, strong mission
Read below and look at reviews for The Shelter Group
Executive (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2018
Small company with small minded executives. Management that has been there long term would never make it at another company. Their behavior has been allowed to become unprofessional over time and there is a lot of gossiping, rumors and daily drama. The company and the communities have significant turnover and retention issues and hiring practices are a mess. HR is out of touch with their employees - case in point, I was sent a recruitment message by one of their HR recruiters on Linkedin while I still worked there, for another admin position. If you need a job, nothing wrong with taking one for the money, But, keep the resume updated and continue looking for a better option. For more reviews, look under the old corporate name The Shelter Group.
Pros
Free parking
Fun and rewarding environment to work in!
Dining Server and Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NJFebruary 2, 2018
Positive work environment, great co-workers, and good management! What I enjoyed the most was getting to know each of the residents more and seeing improvements within the residents!
Awful
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Severna Park, MDJanuary 23, 2018
Awful place to work , mangers are so rude , if you’re not a manger no one cares about you. You can work 100 hours and they still don’t appreciate you. Severna Park building is currently under construction there for employees have to park down the street for the next two years... When I was 2 mins late I got written up. The pay is awful you’ll make no money here and they also don’t promote you.
Cons
Short breaks rude managers
Official response from Brightview Senior Living
February 13, 2018

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to respond to your concerns. To ensure that Brightview is a great place to work, a consulting company surveys our associates every year, so associates can share any concerns in an anonymous format. Year after year, our associate satisfaction scores are among the highest in the senior living industry, and we have won awards for being a Best Place to Work every year during the last 6 years. One of the many benefits our associates tell us is great about Brightview is the opportunity is grow. Our promotion rate averages 25% year after year. Thanks for your review and we wish you well in your career.

what I learned
Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 9, 2018
I transition from Retail Industry to Health Care
Got my first job in Healthcare industry in Brightview
Awesome people ,Helpful staff,Good Mangers
Pay is competitive as i just started or can switched to a new industry
Pros
free lunch during trainings
fun work environment, but low wages
Cook (Former Employee) –  marylandDecember 20, 2017
Being in the kitchen with no dishwasher there is no possibility for a break. Upper management doesn't appreciate you at all! The only reason I stuck around so long is for my ex residents. The benefits were good but not worth the low wages.
Pros
free lunch, dinner
Cons
no breaks, no appreciation, lack of company moral
I loved working for them.
CERTIFIED Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NJDecember 12, 2017
I would recommend that any one go work for them. That is a very good establishment. I loved working for them. The staff is very nice, as well as the residents.
Pros
They have very good benefits, and the staff is very nice.
Cons
Some days you couldn't get off due to other staff members calling off.
Terrific, appreciative residents. Must be in management to earn decent wages. Great teamwork within staff. This company is genuine!
Concierge/Security (Former Employee) –  Severna Park, MDDecember 9, 2017
A typical day is fast paced, must be good at multitasking. The best part is communicating with the residents and putting a smile on their face. Very rewarding! Staff works well as a team. Management is great and always eager to lend a hand. Wages paid need to be adjusted, unfortunately.
Pros
Excellent benefits, employees are greatly appreciated
Cons
Low wage for job expectations
Lead medication technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 5, 2017
B a team player, work where is need it no matter which department. We all there for the residents and allways customer service is first , I give 110% of my self to the company and enjoy it every minute m there specially with the residents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightview Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight