Brightview Senior Living Employee Reviews

Micro manager, favoritism and accusations without verification
Concierge (weekend) (Current Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJune 5, 2019
BOM patrol like the police anything told is believed and assumed colleagues are always gossiping. Lack of trust in staff and high turn over rate. No
Pros
Staff for most part get along
Cons
Pay forrq lunch; assumptions are always complaints.
great place to work
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDJune 4, 2019
Perfect place to work if your a person with a big heart management pretty awesome .I personally love working with the elderly they are so nice treat them like kids and so easy to get along with
The staff over there gossip a lot
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 28, 2019
The management listens to only gossips. They will fire or suspend you without hearing your side when someone gossip about a staff. The managers too are not matured enough to investigate before firing someone. Because of that they fire and hire all the time. Their retention rate is very low. Its always cost the company to hire and train new staff.
Pros
Good benefits
Worst place I have ever work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMay 18, 2019
People who actually do a good job get pay less. The way the kitchen stuff treats the residents on wellspring is unspeakable. The ice machine never got clean on wellspring. The kitchen director is very lazy.
Pros
Yearly award
Cons
No CNA ever win associates of the month. Everything else
Decent Starter Job
Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAMay 17, 2019
Overall, being younger it taught me valuable life skills with communication and problem solving being the key to most situations. With the residents, bonds were made and kept, making work very tolerable to be at. However management was a mess most of the time I was employed.
Good Company
Dining Room Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perry Hall, MDMay 15, 2019
Good Company to work for. Benefits are good . Paid Time Off is offered and vacations. Some paid holidays. Paid time and half to work holidays. Rewards offered for referrals for new resident move-ins. Job advancement offered.
Good organization
Health Services (Former Employee) –  Severna Park, MDApril 27, 2019
Worked for nearly 2 years at this location
Residents were very kind and most of my collegues were helpful
Beautiful building
Demanding job, but this is healthcare
Pros
Flex schedule, growth, caring environement
Cons
Sadly, the most unethical, narcissistic, nepotistic, snot-nosed bully ED running the place
So-so to good
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Tenafly, NJApril 14, 2019
Great benefits package and compensation is industry standard. Some managers are good, some not so much. Can be cliquey. Best part are the residents and families.
I'll tell you later
Driver (Former Employee) –  Severna Park, MDApril 12, 2019
Full time Driver
7 months
Resigned

All I say is if you plan to work at the Severna Park location plan on working overtime because they do have some staffing / call out issues. Also, management favors the daytime associates so if you're working the afternoon/evening shift don't expect much more than covering shift shortages. I was a Driver there and the associates complained daily. Also please watch & use your accumulated leave. I was jipped out of 48hrs earned PTO due for not working 1full year. I've never heard of earning leave then not being paid for it because you don't stay with the company for 1 full year and apparently their Human Resources Officer wasn't aware of it either because she told me at least 3 times that my PTO would be on my last paycheck. We both found out that there is no PTO pay if you don't work for BrightView for 1 year. I'm filing a complaint with the Labor Board !!!!!
Pros
Got to meet some really nice people
Cons
Management sucks !!!!
very productive and at a fast pace
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDApril 8, 2019
BVSL is a very fast pace for the management team as well as frontline associates. The days are busy and rewarding knowing that you are meeting the needs of the residents and keeping them safe.
Pros
knowing that residents depend on us to keep them safe and showing them respect they derseve.
Cons
salaries are not what they should be
Greatest Job of My LIfe
Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIMarch 10, 2019
I had began working at BVSL in Wakefield, RI, it was the greatest job I have ever had. I had only 2 1/2 years of experience as a server but they saw how I was as a person, I had gone for an interview for a caregiver and ended up leaving with a position in dining and first weeks schedule. I have made many memories and great friends at this establishment and was very please by the management team as well. Overall probably the best job I've ever had.
Pros
Great atmosphere, employee benefits, 401k plans, PTO and Sick Days
Cons
Nice and Relaxed place to work
Concierge & Waitress (Former Employee) –  Arlington, MAFebruary 25, 2019
When I worked as a concierge, I would answer phone calls, making sure the residents were on or off site, getting mail, solving problems, making maintenance orders, and greeting visitors. When I was a waitress, I would take orders and serve meals to the residents. I also assisted with organizing social events.
fast paced
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJFebruary 22, 2019
When you work you come into the kitchen and read where your assigned for serving that night. You then check which duties you have to do prior to first seating. after 15 minutes there will be a meeting for the servers going over who is having guests for the night and what is the main courses being served. Then you bring out previously ordered drinks and fill the water glasses. You then wait for the residents to be seated to ask them if they want soup and then you take their order. You bring the paper check to the kitchen to be made and then wait for the food. Once the food is ready you bring it out. Then you clear their plates when they are done and ask if the want dessert. Once they leave you clear their table and reset it for next seating. After the second seating you clean up your designated area for the night and reset the tables for breakfast in the morning. I have learned customer service skills, timeliness skills, and organization. There is almost always a manager or senior server on duty when serving if there is any concerns. The work place culture is relaxed but fast paced. The hardest part of the job is getting the food to the customers in a timely matter. The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the elderly people that live there.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no breaks
Great place for students to work while in high school
Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDFebruary 15, 2019
A great place to work and be challenged. If you love carin good the seniors you’d love it. You have to make sure the residents are happy and satisfied with your service and their food.
i love working for this company because they value people
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Township of Randolph, NJFebruary 11, 2019
it is a good company to work for, I love going to work they have good benefits, they treat their employees well they have good benefits I love my schedule
Pass the opportunity if you enjoy being stressfree
House keeping, server (Former Employee) –  PerryhallJanuary 25, 2019
Management will never keep great employees because they to focus on being Boujee they don’t care about residents as well only the money coming in . I feel sorry for the residents that the family don’t check up on smh
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Health care
Amazing
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 24, 2019
I cant say enough about how much I love working at Brightview Mt. Laurel. I can honestly say that I am happy coming to work everyday. The associates feel like family and the residents end up feeling like they are all extended grandparents! Hard not to get attached! I feel like I am fairly paid and there is definitely room to grow within the company. I feel like my opinion matters and there is understanding that we are human when things happen in our lives. This is a great team!
Nice place to work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 22, 2019
Typical day involves taking care of the residents. Bathing, feeding etc. I learned a lot while I was there. Not sure how management is presently but at the time there were frequent changes within management. Overall it was a nice place to work.
Cons
physical requirements
Productive some days but unorganized
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 3, 2019
Too many employees trying to be the "boss"
I learned how to host
The management is cool but needs to be more strict
I enjoyed seeing residents each day
Hardest part was dealing with bossy co workers when we held the same position
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks or none at all
Terrible place to work
Dining Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MADecember 24, 2018
Management constantly changing. Employees and residents have nothing but complaints. Used to be great place to work when it first opened but has since gone down hill.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightview Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight