Brightview Employee Reviews

Not good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLFebruary 21, 2019
Everything is disappointing. They need a revamp. The system is horrible, you cannot always blame the manager. old equipment. bad treatment. unfair pay
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
everything else
face paced work area
Full Time Landscaping Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2019
morning strectches,load up the work with equipment, ride to the property, start cutting grass. it gets really hot and humid.. you gotta hydrate..................................
Pros
off fri thru sunday
Cons
short breaks
Well Structurd company mission statement
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIFebruary 9, 2019
When working for the Brickman Group it was a well managed company from the branch manager to the regional VP. Brickman Group work experience helped me as an individual be exposed to new areas in my field to help continue to educated.
Don't waste your time
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2019
I have applied here numerous times and have not even received a follow-up regarding any of my applications. I even followed up with corporate and the specific locations I applied to and heard nothing. No one knows what is going on when I call and I keep getting 'the run around'.
A company in flux
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 5, 2019
BrightView is the result of a combination of two previously privately held companies. As a result, previously accepted policies are changing and this has led to some disjointed management directives. They are the industry leader in revenue and size and this contributes to a well capitalized company. Can be a challenging place to work because of the ongoing policy changes and adjustments
Na
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  OhFebruary 2, 2019
Cool job, cool employees. Need to be very social within department. Not a place that wants u to put ur head down and work. They want u to be spicializing with everyone.
A day at Brightview
Spray Technician (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLFebruary 2, 2019
Fast friendly crew. Every one works well together. Very understanding of family and personal needs . Big on safety and the well being o their clients needs.
Pros
Guaranteed pay
Cons
No advancement
Okay place
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 29, 2019
It was laid back. Pay was not good. It was working in a grave yard so it was kinda creepy. It was very unorganized. I had an over all good experience good for a colleg kid
Work at your speed without eyes peering over your shoulder
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJanuary 29, 2019
Favorite job I've ever had (and I've had plenty). Nothing compares to being out in the sun alone with your tasking and that's it. It's simple but exhausting and the fruits of your labor are rewarding. This is a job where you won't like it if you don't take pride in your own work. (Keep in mind I've only worked for a brightview managed golf course and no other brightview location so I can't speak on all aspects of the company)
Pros
Outside, alone, rewarding
Cons
Sometimes you have to work in bad weather
fun place
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Nice people and cool working environment a lot of helping people to make feel part of the team as if you were and old timer in the place very instructive co-worker ready to help you with any issues related to the payroll
Pros
free lunches

Want to know more about Brightview?

Ask a question
Loved being outside working with Mother Nature
Crew Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Taylor Mill, KYJanuary 25, 2019
Exercise and stay in shape,also wear sunscreen or long sleeved shirts in the hot temperatures to avoid skin burns. Always drink a lot of water to avoid dehydration.
Pros
Can be fun
Cons
Works in winter weather
Meeting new people. Learning how to properly work with others. Experience how to work with tools and heavy duty machine.
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 25, 2019
Learning how to work with a team. Talking to older people and helping myself how to used tools properly. Experiencing how to work with a team and getting things done.
Pros
Working as a team.
Cons
Short breaks.
Brightview pay is unfair
Self-employed (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 25, 2019
They over work you here and they pay is unfair compared to the work they want you to do and pressure they put on you and they only give ot to people they favorite
Pros
Good hours and schedule
Cons
To much pressure and work pay sucks
It's alright
Gardener level 2 (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 25, 2019
It's alright its not the best job in the world but it pays the bills. I had fun working there. I made lost of friends, and I learned a lot about landscaping and mechanics.
Fun while it lasted
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Company gave a lot of growth. Managers expect you to do your job; not micromanaged. Beautiful building in Calabasas. Meetings every 2 months, seasonal celebrations.
Strong History in Landscaping Business
IT Director, Services (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 24, 2019
Great team members to work with. Business poised for tremendous growth in their space. Heavy investment in team members and IT solutions to prepare company to compete in modern day.
Manager provides no support
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 23, 2019
Since ValleyCrest became BrightView everything went down hills with employees and customers. Manager provides no support, it is either you swim or you die.
disconnected company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 22, 2019
there was no fluidity across departments. This was a temp position for switch from 2-way to 3-way match. We finished project and our assignments were ended.
Pros
easy
Cons
Not challenging enough
Overy strict over bearing under paid
Associate Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Worst benefits ever!! Long hot summer day up to 12 hours day. No home life in the summer. No money in the winter. Ruined Christmas twice. Drill Sargent military strict. Under pay everyone. So the one at the top can eat more. Paper work paper work paper work......
Pros
Cons
No home life in the summers and no money in the winter ruined Christmas
Variety
Employee (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Good benefits and avg pay scale. They were consistant in business sculptures but not employee care. They could improve in pay scale and get better results overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightview. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight