Brightview Employee Reviews

Good company, best benefits in the industry
Management (Current Employee) –  MidwestSeptember 12, 2018
Leading company within the industry. Has opportunities to make it what you want. High expectations, but many avenues for growth. One of the very few companies in this industry that actually has a full range of benefits that are affordable.
Pros
Branch culture, management, great people to work with
Cons
Corporate reporting is time consuming
When good becomes unhealthy!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 7, 2018
I am very grateful for what I learned at BrightView, it adds to my work experience in a positive way. I was excited for my future. Until I wasn't given opportunity for growth. And management lost their heads to mediocracy.
Things became pretty corporate/wall street FAST!
Management forgot how to treat their employees when it came to appreciation. People just became robots.
Good people would leave constantly even after expressing their concerns.

I knew it was time for me to part ways when this workplace became unhealthy to work at.
Not a place for growth, unless management favors you based on their own likes NOT your achievements and work ethic.
Stressful place to spend most of your day at.

Thankfully, I found a better place to pursue my career at and was so proud to find out that honesty, humility and the pursuit of happiness still exists and matters to some employers out there!!
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
grest pay and management
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 6, 2018
this was probably one of the best jobs that I ever had because the pay was so good and I got along very well with everyone else that worked with me. work here.
Poor atmosphere
Irrigation Technician (Former Employee) –  Parker, COSeptember 4, 2018
Drove to parts store, after calling in a p.o. to purchase supplies. Then would drive to a property such as Cottonwood Grove, and HOA, and make the repairs. Then write up billing and turn in throughout the week.
production laborer worker
Production Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2018
knew how to work machineries how to build a flower bed how to cut the grass in a proper leveled.. how to cut trees in 6ft from the floor up.knew how to talk with customers in a proper way.
Pros
working with others in fast pace together
Cons
na
Pretty Solid
Landscaper/Gardener (Current Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 1, 2018
Very short staffed in the accounting department, but plenty of managers everywhere else. often too short on equipment or working equipment. they give plenty of breaks, but still hold pressure to finish the job. no proper training though. management puts to much focus on themselves more so than the hard workers in the field.
Pros
plenty of breaks, good exercise, good teamwork, sturdy on protocols
Cons
not enough equipment or attire, no mechanic, no solid pattern with tasks, hours often dont appear on pay check
Brightview is a horrible place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2018
The Lake Buena Vista branch office has the worst people you could possibly work for working there. It's completely cut-throat.The branch
manager and especially the administrator is very unprofessional, unfair, power hungry, devious and vindictive. Stay away from the office if you can!
Pros
Great compensation, but too corporate
Enhancements Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 28, 2018
The corporate environment and constant fear of being replaced was overwhelming. The compensation was good, but you basically live at work. Good opportunities for advancement if you are willing to relocate.
Great place to learn and grow
Market Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 21, 2018
BrightView is a landscaping giant in the commercial landscape industry. Many pros of working here and some cons. I have learned many things while working here and enjoy the people I work with.
Good place to work for through union
Grade Checker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 21, 2018
It’s a good place to work. I worked with the Orange County division and they were great to me. I worked on the Disney project and also on the great park project.
Pros
Great if your with the union
Cons
Not great if your a tender
Loved working for Brightview
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLAugust 21, 2018
I was able to utilize my physical abilites,everyone has attention to details,and had good communication skills.I absolutely enjoyed working for Brightview.I learned alot from the guys and will miss them.That sun won't be missed at all.Really don't have any complaints about the job.Just know it's a mans job
Pros
Awsome pepole
Cons
Had to relocate
Great group of co workers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 19, 2018
Awesome management. Never a dull moment. The management actually cares about he employees. They were reasonable and flexible if you had an emergency come up.
Pros
Over time was nice and optional.
Cons
Advancement was slow.
Very fast paced
Gardner (Current Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLAugust 18, 2018
Great place to work only fault is the heat but other than that it's pretty easy work.. You're outside all day beautifying communities and businesses..
They don’t care much about there employees
Landscaping (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 16, 2018
They just care if the job they getting paid good for gets done quick before the due date so they push and push you but never give the right amount of hours . They send 3 people in a group to do commercial places.
Good workplace
Lawn Care (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 15, 2018
It was a awesome place to work. Good managers and good equipment. Nice place, good employees. Good food when they had cookouts. Very clean and nice places
Pros
Good people
Fun
Supervisor,labor (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 12, 2018
It was a real experience well great , I learned a lot met a lot of different people, love the out door just moving around not in one place the all the time seeing alot of different things
OK place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 12, 2018
Things have changed for sure. Lots of pressure to meet financial goals. Focus is money, not necessarily the product we deliver. Should have never gone public.
Daily management (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FL 33954August 11, 2018
Great support! Easy communication and excellent company training. Overall a great experience. I enjoyed working and learning about the business.Excellent place to work and grow within
It was hard work, and terrible on your feet
Crew Leader/Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa Beach, FLAugust 10, 2018
the work was hard, unsafe, due to having to mow in the middle of busy highways. Too many close calls with vehicles almost hitting you. Very hot and management was unfair and unwilling to make changes to allow employees to work smarter not harder. They were set on how to do the job even though there was better ways of doing it.
Pros
4 day week. Off Fridays
Cons
having to wear steal toe - hard on your feet
Overall Good
Irrigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 4, 2018
Maintenance Crew would Generally Start the Work Day at 0600, until 1400 while the Construction Crew would Start at 0500 and End the Work Day around 1330.

What I Learned while working at BrightView in San Jose, off a Mabury Road was the Importance of Safety while on a Job Site. I also learned to work with a Variety of different Tools and Machinery.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightview. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight