Brightview Employee Reviews

great management and safety meetings
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 19, 2019
great place to work its team oriented with safety first i learned irrigation, plant identification blue print reading and how to lead a crew. the hardest part is heavy manual labor digging holes for trees. the most enjoyable part of the job is looking at your completed job and knowing everyone that drives by will admire it.
productive fast paced
feild operations (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 14, 2019
we get to the job sight figure out what equipment everyone is running for the day and we get to work. work is frm 6:30 until the job is done. the management is nice and freindly work withyou in all situatiuons try to best help as they can when out in the field they try and provide all the employee needs jus a very great company to work for.
A joke
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 11, 2019
Upper management has horrifically poor skills and very unclear/conflicting ideas how to steer the ship. Horrible company with unrealistic expectations with zero morale or support, not to mention communication or valuable feedback. Crazy high turn over, as one might expect. Truly the most confusing and ridiculous "professional" experience of my career.
fun and exciting work place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 9, 2019
it is great working there they take care of the employees. When there is a problem it gets resolved right way. the Environment if great peaceful at time.
High paced with nice co-workers for the most part
Dining Server (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 4, 2019
The management was rude. Each work day is basically the same, do your tasks and then serve and then do more tasks. You may be forced to be a dishwasher even though you applied to be a server.
Pros
discount for 6 flags
Cons
no breaks
Hard working place very diverse but not good advancement
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2019
Good job to learn skills and gain certifications in the landscaping field they are a hardworking company. They are very diverse and knowledgeable in the field.
Pros
Free certifications
Cons
Short on worker so there was an overload as well as not a good chance of advancement in the company
Bad Coworkers and Management
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2019
It was great for 3 months until people started to realize I was a thread to them and also envy my salary. Once they knew how much my pay was they started to cause problems because they got paid less than me. I worked here for 1 year and I worked hard with blood and sweat. My coworkers were always giving false allegations that I didn't work at all so I could get fired or have a bad image to the boss so i wont get a raise. HR was terrible to fix the problem and had some type of mental problem, she always tried to change me from my group when my coworkers lied about me. She failed because i talked to the boss about it which hurt her ego and was all over me during that 1 year i gave them my all. I believe she was a narcissist. She was always telling the boss that I didn't do anything and had a guy working on the sprinklers in downtown take pictures of me instead of her seeing me working or not. He was a no good liar that didn't do anything all day and always tried to get someone fired or moved from a group if you didn't wrestled with him. Hes a man child and harasses coworkers with physical force, HR sees it and doesn't do a thing. Not a good place to work. I have more to say but lets move on. If it rains your group gets sent home quickly or if they like your group than you wont. They provide gloves, glasses and safety equipment which was the good thing about the job. Uniforms too but hey lets wait months for you to get them... terrible. Benefits are expensive to pay each week so its useless. If you are going to work here think about it.
Bad company to work for
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 29, 2019
Good employees to work with on a crew, nice equipment, but poorly managed and bad pay. No room for advancement. Wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for this company.
Pros
Nice equipment, good benefits
Cons
Poorly managed, under paid
Without question the worst job I’ve ever had with the worst company I’ve ever worked for.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHMay 28, 2019
Terrible job @ least in the region I worked in. The man hours available on sold work was constantly reduced to bring more profits to stockholders. With hours continually being reduced you finally reach the point that the services simply can’t be completed & your personal reputation suffers as much as the company’s reputation.
Pros
Decent health care. Hours aren’t bad considering the line of work.
Cons
Everything else but primarily the management on the regional level.
Do waste your time! Good for people with no bills or life
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2019
Just horrible! Everyone is underpaid, crew members are there for years before they get a raise. The equipment is horrible and Management makes errors in planning and crews take the blame.
Cons
Underpaid, overworked
Ok place to work for those who dont have a diploma.
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 21, 2019
Not A good job for a family, not enough income for the amount of work expected to be done. The supervisors watch employees unload heavy full bails off trucks with hands in pockets instead of helping after a long days work.
Pros
Being outdoors
Cons
Supervisors are very unprofessional, office staff are rude.
Learning experience was great
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 21, 2019
My supervisor at the time gave me a good review,letting me know that if I keep at it more opportunities will come my way. Working there was good in the beginning till the new management came in. They started playing favorites and I guess I wasn't a favorite.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Bad management
I enjoyed working,at,brightview. They just needed better,management, recognition of hard workers and slacker. Need real crew leaders in,which some wer
Landscape Laborer (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMay 21, 2019
Left because of,poor management,to and not noticing some,of,your hard work,even,when,youd did more then,others. While they slacked. Other then,that, everything would be better if it,changes
Pros
Outdoors, day goes by quick
Cons
Porr manamgement and responsibilty for a crew labote is to high, on, demand. Need some real cre leaders more, people
Horrible place to work
Branch General Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 19, 2019
Sr. Management forced Branch management to run operations with too few hours to do the job right.
Then we get yelled at for not having our accounts looking right.
They talk about safety but then force crews to work 10-12 hour days with no breaks.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
List to long to write
n/a
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLMay 18, 2019
Its a okay work place. gets to meet new people and see different new areas. work at a fast past do multiple properties in a day. Management is alright they will tend to help out a little bit.
Horribly discussed
Landscaper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 17, 2019
Told them to call my wife's phone to get a hold of me. They Assumed that I left the job. So they fired me because they had the wrong phone number.....
Pros
Cons
Work early, be home late. No time with family
Its a goos company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZMay 17, 2019
It's a good company to work for there is plenty of work and it's fast pace good management everyone I'said polite and everyone had there days,work on week ends when needed there where always there when something went wrong
Pros
Bought pizza every now and again
Cons
Na
If you are not Hispanic don’t work here.(Laurel,Md)
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 11, 2019
Only reason I would give this place 2 stars is because of the work the managers at office do in litigating disputes among workers. This place is plagued with a high turnover ratio as crew leaders in each truck over work new guys and Americans who grew up here regardless if you are Hispanic or not to the point where they are exhausted everyday and don’t want to come back. Me being me never said anything back to the leaders, but I fully understood most of what they were saying(4 years of Spanish in high school, senior year was AP) and the disrespectful things they would say about fellow Co-workers who were African American were atrocious. I’ve heard them say word word “The more we over work the blacks, the more they will quit” all in efforts for the company to hand out more work visas to there family back home. I find this appalling as they hand out the hardest work to the new guys and complain when they get tired by midday and need more breaks. And where was the supervisors during all this you may ask, no where to be seen! Cause if you needed something to complain about the only option was person in the office or the office manager. Only time supervisors went to them was to write you up and never they’re fellow crew leaders who they used to work with. AGAIN DONT WORK HERE, unless you want to deal with backhanded racism all day, and a supervisor who should be protecting you but only stays on the side of his own people. If you want job security though come work for brightview where they can’t afford to fire you because of the amount of workers they really need. Most crew leaders(blue  more... shirts) also know zero English and supervisors are very biased.  less
Pros
Cool office managers!
Cons
Only Spanish speaking crew leaders, bad supervisors, bad pay, and racism towards anymore who didn’t grow up in Central America!
Knowledge
Environmental Science (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2019
While working for this Company, I’ve adapted a lot of skills and knowledge on learning different types of plants, soils, where/what to use for specific placement, and enjoying the environment while working at the location.
Pros
The leading man always has the proper knowledge to where or how things aren’t done
Life at Brightview
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 10, 2019
This company is driven simply by money. Terrible on quality and awful with the work life balance. I will never recommend this company to any of my clients. They are that bad.
Pros
Cons
working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightview. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight