Brightwood Career Institute Employee Reviews

Brightwood
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2018
Excellent learning school that helps students accomplish there goals. they also give you outside experience on the classes that you have taken. I recommend this school for anyone that would like to become in the medical field.
Great place for an Education
Student (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 14, 2018
I went to school here to finish up a program I started at a different school and the Faculty and Staff was more than generous with help.
Even when life problems got in the way they were wiling to work with me more than I would have ever expected from anywhere.
Good
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2018
Programs need more hands on training in the lab as well as class time. Working for the school while attending college was a positive force that assisted me in achieving my goals.
I enjoy what I do and who I work with.
Medical Assisting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 30, 2018
Attendance recording

Clinical skills demo and practices with competency evaluation

in-class assignments and discussions

Lecture on relevant material for the course I am teaching.

Follow lesson plans as laid out by the company.

assist and tutor students as necessessary
Great co-workers
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 15, 2018
Amazing group of people to work with, loved my position in the Career Services Department! The job security is the only downfall. That's the normal concern with higher education for Private Schools. The parking was a breeze, great parking lot attendant and a better rate than the usual parking. No onsite cooking but it's downtown so tons to eat around. Going out for lunch is almost impossible unless going on feet. Would absolutely go back.
Pros
The compensation, Co-workers
Cons
job security
Great Place
Lead Medical Billing & Coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 28, 2017
I truly enjoyed giving back to the place that gave me so much. It was a pleasure being able to teach the students because I once sat in the very same seat.
Great people to work with!
Lead Criminal Justice Instructor (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA 17111October 18, 2017
I really enjoy working here. Management is great as well as my co-workers. I love teaching and we are given the freedom to incorporate real life experiences and field trips into our curriculum.
Great relationship with management.
Cons
Not full time. Adjunct.
Nothing to say
Student Finance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2017
I do not have a review to give when it comes to working for Brightwood Career Institute. You should try it out for yourself and after you'll be able to see
Great productive workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2017
Brightwood Career Institute is a very great and friendly place to work. The energy is loving and keeping. Meaning when people are off the clock, they still stick around. The most enjoyable part of working at Brightwood is seeing the success of the students and completing their education. It's a very calm environment and productive place. I truly enjoyed working there for work study.
my work day here is pretty sweet
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Broomall, PAMay 10, 2017
I just started here about two months ago and it's pretty cool working here. They're giving me the opportunity to build my experience up and further my education so that I can be prepared for the career goals I have.
Focus on Profit Not Education
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2017
Management not in real-world; listen to campuses!
No room for advancement
Little capital for marketing programs
Too many layoffs and focus on part-time instructions
Pros
Working with students
Cons
For profit focus not education
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2017
Brightwood is a great place to work. I wish it was a full time position with benefits. Beingt that its a part time job i really cant sustain from working there alone.
Great Programs
Allied Health Program Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 8, 2017
Brightwood Career Institue offers great programs for people looking to change their careers.
A typical day of work there is very busy and you must be adaptable to a changing working environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your students growth and success.
The hardest part of the job is the changing of the for-profit school industry.
Campus Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 30, 2017
Management and staff are easy to get along with. The facility is clean and attractive, the student body is respectful and outgoing. Benefits could use a little more but overall a great place to work.
Review of Brightwood Career Institute
Director of Career Development (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2016
Not a bad place to work. The industry is going through a lot of changes and that has impacted the job security and benefits. Excellent opportunity for individuals that enjoy watching others grow and find people development rewarding.
Positive work environment
Student Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2016
Everyone is friendly and always willing to help no matter what. Students walk in all the time and we always set time to see them. There is a start date every month and it gets busy but coworkers always encourage each other through struggles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightwood Career Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about