Brightwood College Employee Reviews

Awsome
Career Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work. Co workers became family along with the students. I love working here. My boss was the best I've ever worked for. The staff goes over and beyond to guarantee student success.
Strong work ethic focused on student success
Receptionist/ Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2018
Each day was full of new challenges. Where I had the trusted freedom to creatively overcome, for both my department and others throughout the campus. Our main focus was student success. Through out my time at Brightwood my Job duties grew allowing me to learn the function of each department from admissions/financial aid and academics. This allowed me to strengthen and grow my office coordinating skills to advance my ability to support the office/campus as a whole. The hardest part of my job is going thought the campus closure knowing as a team we had so much more to give to our students and community.
Pros
A work family culture, family first, management support
Cons
low wages, no raises for performance, school closure
All Good
MBC Instructor, Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Great workplace to be in. Staff and Faculty works well together. Micromanagement is not the style as long as you are doing a good!

The most challenging job is to keep students engaged but is truly a gift as an instructor when they overcome and meet your expectations and see them succeed!!
Pros
Lots
Cons
not too much to complain
Workplace Culture
Former Staff (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 10, 2018
Was the best because of the people who worked here and because of our Campus President who really set the tone for the culture. It will be difficult to find another place to call home.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Campus closing on 07/01/2019
Constant change
Health Program Director (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 10, 2018
While I was there the I saw upper management change three times.
So a lot of stuff was dumped on other departments, things where missed. Lack of communication, and then sold and bought out.
Pros
Tuition credit
High Anxiety
Campus Administrator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 26, 2018
Typical corporation, guys are all buddy buddy and out of touch at the top and the people at bottom are just interchangable bodies with as low an expense as possible. People died there. It maybe a nice place to start but...
review
Dental Assistant-Externship (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXAugust 22, 2018
very helpful , always made sure the students had what thwey needed, teachers stayed after class to help the students, school is totally worth it. they found me a job
Good people, poor leadership
Instructor (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 8, 2018
President is a joke, teachers are committed but quickly burn out and are disgusted by the lack of moral integrity. Corporate culture is not at all interested in actual education but only how to achieve maximum profitability
Pros
Good people teaching
Cons
Poor leadership
Not Great/Decent Pay
Allied Healthcare Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2018
Just know that the students run the show. If the students throw a fit about anything they are given whatever they want to be quiet. This includes, the dean and program directors filing an 'Incomplete' on behalf the instructor each month to give the students more time to complete their work. Instructors are not allowed to fail students. If a student fails, the dean files an incomplete for the student and you must reopen the class to let the students go back in a complete more work.
Amazing place to work and be educated.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJuly 31, 2018
Brightwood college has a new state of art facility in Van Nuys, CA. Working at Brightwood is a great place, management and staff are pleasant and always welling to give 150% to there students.
Pros
Great work environment and amazing staff and management.
Cons
Health care, 401K, parking
It's a good company to work for
SENIOR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 22, 2018
I have had a good experience working at Brightwood College. I respect the people I work for and we all work together as a team. I have been with the company for over 5 years and still enjoy my position.
Horrible
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 18, 2018
I don’t know how the reviews are so high for this company. Admissions is micro managed and your job is to harass people all day (literally). Their only concern is numbers. Students are nothing but a number and they will try anything to get you to sign up. Pay is great but if you don’t meet your numbers during the week, you work Saturday.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work ethic
Company always one step behind
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2018
Out of supplies constantly
Frequently understaffed
Poor management
Successes frequently gone unnoticed
Students money more important than producing quality Medicine personnel
Pros
Share in students success
Cons
Poor management
A great place to learn
Student Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 11, 2018
I was a student at Bright-wood College. An excellent place to learn. Discipline to work in the health care system is incorporated. Clients come first in every thing. Prioritizing emergencies is learnt.
College suffers internal choas
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salida, CAJune 30, 2018
Management is inept, uninspiring and lazy. There is no incentive to grow as an employee. There is no collaboration between instructors nor with management. There are no raises and no full time positions for instructors. It's a black hole, soul sucking environment that's sure to leave you sad, tired and depressed. Perhaps it's an okay place to learn some basics about teaching but nothing further. Also it's not great for students, management makes it known that challenging students is frowned upon, in other words it's about volume, not quality. Just stay away and save your sanity.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Just about everything, not a place to start a career
Review
Career Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2018
I like the company. It has allowed me to work with hundreds of students. I've been able to work in multiple departments which has expanded my knowledge of the College as a whole.
Pros
Relationships
Cons
Student Challanges
Very knowledgeable staff
Criminal Justice Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 18, 2018
I Prepared course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts. Prepared and delivered lectures twice a week to twenty plus undergraduate students on topics such as corrections, security, criminal law, and constitutional law. Compiled, administered, and graded examinations. Lauded by Department Director and Students in my work ethics. Identified weakness in class material and made improvements. I learned different teaching methods for the class room setting. I learned how to teach students at different participation levels.
Pros
Learning more information about the Criminal Justice System
Cons
Difficult students at times
Non Productive
Registered Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2018
Too many duties that employees are required to do with the outcomes scaled for a position that consists of one set of duties. And making sure to implement a schedule that works for everyone.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
deadlines are unrealistic
Productive and rewarding place to work.
Pharmacy Technician Instructor/Extern Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 8, 2018
I have been employed with Brightwood College since February 2018. I absolutely love it here. Everyone has been so welcoming and I can say without a doubt that I feel privileged to be apart of the team at Brightwood Vista. Company moral is up, workplace culture feels great. I have gained so much knowledge in such little time from my co-workers which include other instructors, campus president,campus dean, front desk, career services specialist, admissions, externship coordinators, and the list goes on. My program director has been nothing but supportive and always willing to guide me along the way. I feel my 16+ years of experience is valued and compensated fairly.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the students. These individuals have made a decision to further their education and it is a privilege to share my knowledge and gain new knowledge together. It is truly rewarding and my honor to be able to instruct these individuals and assist them in achieving their goals
Working at Brightwood College Vista, is not only a job for me, but a blessing and I feel extremely lucky to be apart of this team.
Pros
Friendly work environment, caring staff and teachers
No job stability
Electrical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 4, 2018
Working with other instructors is great but management culture needs improvement. No job stability. If you under perform I have seen employees terminated with no notice.
Pros
Part Time of which I need
Cons
Healthcare costs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightwood College. Our community is ready to answer.