Brightwood College Employee Reviews

Busy
Student Finance Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 12, 2018
I am busy learning a new industry and constantly learning something new. We work together as a team to get the best end results. I must say that I enjoy working here.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
Exspensive benefits
Nice place to ward for
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 29, 2018
Busy environment, people person a must, students from all cultures and walks of life in need of your help and assistance. Mostly friendly staff, opportunity to work and study.
Pros
able to study whenever possible
Cons
between class and work (long hours in building)
Great Company
Director of Career Development (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2018
Worked with Team Awesome! Wonderful company, changed lots of lives. I wish they hadn't been affected by the political issues. I loved this job and the people I worked with.
productive and fun
study at brightwood college (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 23, 2018
A typical day at work. What I have learned through this journey would learn about the human body which I love because I love learning new things and I am curious about the immune system and more. I have made a wonderful friend from a different culture. It is amazing getting to know peoples backgrounds because we can learn from there cultures. the hardest part of Brightwood college would be organized because the instructors would give you so much information that I started to feel overwhelmed, With so much work but I knew I have to overcome it and make a change so i did!
Pros
have breaks every 30 minutes
Cons
no free lunch
Awsome
Career Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work. Co workers became family along with the students. I love working here. My boss was the best I've ever worked for. The staff goes over and beyond to guarantee student success.
Strong work ethic focused on student success
Receptionist/ Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2018
Each day was full of new challenges. Where I had the trusted freedom to creatively overcome, for both my department and others throughout the campus. Our main focus was student success. Through out my time at Brightwood my Job duties grew allowing me to learn the function of each department from admissions/financial aid and academics. This allowed me to strengthen and grow my office coordinating skills to advance my ability to support the office/campus as a whole. The hardest part of my job is going thought the campus closure knowing as a team we had so much more to give to our students and community.
Pros
A work family culture, family first, management support
Cons
low wages, no raises for performance, school closure
Productive and fun workplace
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 13, 2018
I will never forget my time at Brightwood College. It was a special experience because of the culture we created, especially in the Admissions department. I worked hard to hire the right individuals that worked well together and generally liked each other. We all worked hard to service our students and community and I will never forget all the great memories we made during my time at the college. I learned a great deal from this experience.
All Good
MBC Instructor, Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Great workplace to be in. Staff and Faculty works well together. Micromanagement is not the style as long as you are doing a good!

The most challenging job is to keep students engaged but is truly a gift as an instructor when they overcome and meet your expectations and see them succeed!!
Pros
Lots
Cons
not too much to complain
Workplace Culture
Former Staff (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 10, 2018
Was the best because of the people who worked here and because of our Campus President who really set the tone for the culture. It will be difficult to find another place to call home.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Campus closing on 07/01/2019
Constant change
Health Program Director (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 10, 2018
While I was there the I saw upper management change three times.
So a lot of stuff was dumped on other departments, things where missed. Lack of communication, and then sold and bought out.
Pros
Tuition credit
High Anxiety
Campus Administrator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 26, 2018
Typical corporation, guys are all buddy buddy and out of touch at the top and the people at bottom are just interchangable bodies with as low an expense as possible. People died there. It maybe a nice place to start but...
review
Dental Assistant-Externship (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXAugust 22, 2018
very helpful , always made sure the students had what thwey needed, teachers stayed after class to help the students, school is totally worth it. they found me a job
Good people, poor leadership
Instructor (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 8, 2018
President is a joke, teachers are committed but quickly burn out and are disgusted by the lack of moral integrity. Corporate culture is not at all interested in actual education but only how to achieve maximum profitability
Pros
Good people teaching
Cons
Poor leadership
Not Great/Decent Pay
Allied Healthcare Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2018
Just know that the students run the show. If the students throw a fit about anything they are given whatever they want to be quiet. This includes, the dean and program directors filing an 'Incomplete' on behalf the instructor each month to give the students more time to complete their work. Instructors are not allowed to fail students. If a student fails, the dean files an incomplete for the student and you must reopen the class to let the students go back in a complete more work.
Amazing place to work and be educated.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJuly 31, 2018
Brightwood college has a new state of art facility in Van Nuys, CA. Working at Brightwood is a great place, management and staff are pleasant and always welling to give 150% to there students.
Pros
Great work environment and amazing staff and management.
Cons
Health care, 401K, parking
It's a good company to work for
SENIOR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 22, 2018
I have had a good experience working at Brightwood College. I respect the people I work for and we all work together as a team. I have been with the company for over 5 years and still enjoy my position.
Good Place to work and feels like family
Student Finance Specialist /Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 19, 2018
My day at work includes helping students secure a bright future for themselves and their families. Everyday I help students secure funding for their education.
Horrible
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 18, 2018
I don’t know how the reviews are so high for this company. Admissions is micro managed and your job is to harass people all day (literally). Their only concern is numbers. Students are nothing but a number and they will try anything to get you to sign up. Pay is great but if you don’t meet your numbers during the week, you work Saturday.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work ethic
Company always one step behind
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2018
Out of supplies constantly
Frequently understaffed
Poor management
Successes frequently gone unnoticed
Students money more important than producing quality Medicine personnel
Pros
Share in students success
Cons
Poor management
A great place to learn
Student Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 11, 2018
I was a student at Bright-wood College. An excellent place to learn. Discipline to work in the health care system is incorporated. Clients come first in every thing. Prioritizing emergencies is learnt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightwood College. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about