Brightwood College Employee Reviews

A great place to learn
Student Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 11, 2018
I was a student at Bright-wood College. An excellent place to learn. Discipline to work in the health care system is incorporated. Clients come first in every thing. Prioritizing emergencies is learnt.
College suffers internal choas
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salida, CAJune 30, 2018
Management is inept, uninspiring and lazy. There is no incentive to grow as an employee. There is no collaboration between instructors nor with management. There are no raises and no full time positions for instructors. It's a black hole, soul sucking environment that's sure to leave you sad, tired and depressed. Perhaps it's an okay place to learn some basics about teaching but nothing further. Also it's not great for students, management makes it known that challenging students is frowned upon, in other words it's about volume, not quality. Just stay away and save your sanity.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Just about everything, not a place to start a career
Review
Career Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2018
I like the company. It has allowed me to work with hundreds of students. I've been able to work in multiple departments which has expanded my knowledge of the College as a whole.
Pros
Relationships
Cons
Student Challanges
Very knowledgeable staff
Criminal Justice Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 18, 2018
I Prepared course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts. Prepared and delivered lectures twice a week to twenty plus undergraduate students on topics such as corrections, security, criminal law, and constitutional law. Compiled, administered, and graded examinations. Lauded by Department Director and Students in my work ethics. Identified weakness in class material and made improvements. I learned different teaching methods for the class room setting. I learned how to teach students at different participation levels.
Pros
Learning more information about the Criminal Justice System
Cons
Difficult students at times
Non Productive
Registered Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2018
Too many duties that employees are required to do with the outcomes scaled for a position that consists of one set of duties. And making sure to implement a schedule that works for everyone.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
deadlines are unrealistic
Productive and rewarding place to work.
Pharmacy Technician Instructor/Extern Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 8, 2018
I have been employed with Brightwood College since February 2018. I absolutely love it here. Everyone has been so welcoming and I can say without a doubt that I feel privileged to be apart of the team at Brightwood Vista. Company moral is up, workplace culture feels great. I have gained so much knowledge in such little time from my co-workers which include other instructors, campus president,campus dean, front desk, career services specialist, admissions, externship coordinators, and the list goes on. My program director has been nothing but supportive and always willing to guide me along the way. I feel my 16+ years of experience is valued and compensated fairly.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the students. These individuals have made a decision to further their education and it is a privilege to share my knowledge and gain new knowledge together. It is truly rewarding and my honor to be able to instruct these individuals and assist them in achieving their goals
Working at Brightwood College Vista, is not only a job for me, but a blessing and I feel extremely lucky to be apart of this team.
Pros
Friendly work environment, caring staff and teachers
No job stability
Electrical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 4, 2018
Working with other instructors is great but management culture needs improvement. No job stability. If you under perform I have seen employees terminated with no notice.
Pros
Part Time of which I need
Cons
Healthcare costs
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2018
Great place to work! I enjoy all the people and love the students. The new CP is amazing and I really like how it's ran now. I would recommend the college to anyone!
example
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2018
good education team- good overall school- issues with admissions - follow up - etc- too much micromanaging - way too much micromanaging- not too many subject matter experts
Great Place for Students and Staff Memebers
Student Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 15, 2018
Very self rewarding to be able to assist students in achieving their educational and career goals.

I have worked here for almost 10yrs now. Formerly known as Tesst College Towson and was bought out and renamed Brightwood Towson under ECA.

Nice place to start a career or to take career specific classes.
Pros
Self Rewarding
Cons
No Room For Advancement
Easy Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 13, 2018
Good office entry level job. If you are okay with sitting at a desk for long periods of time, then this job would work for you. Time goes by slowly when you don't have much to do, I like having a lot of work to do, makes time go by faster.
Productive, people person, fast learner,responsible, and multitasker
Dental Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2018
Productive,people person,fast learner,responsible, and multitasker. I've learned alot while attended at brightwood college hands on training. Taking xrays, chair side assisting, and sterlization.
Wonderful staff and student body
Student Services Coordinator & Librarian (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2018
It was a pleasure to work with the staff and student population. Deriving various activities and forums that would allow the students to discover the opportunities available after completing course work was fulfilling and even a greater reward witnessing each student discover something new about themselves.
Pros
Engaging the students on a daily basis
Cons
Lack of Leadership
Fantastic Admissions Team
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2018
I have never worked with a more dynamic team. Coworkers are incredibly easy to work with and the Director of Admissions is a stellar superior to work under.
Pros
Pay
Cons
6 day work weeks twice per month
Worst place ever
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2018
Poorly run. Upper management is lacking integrity. There are far better places to work.. no job security and there is a reason they pay so well. Run...
Great
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  SAHARA LAS VEGASApril 24, 2018
Good job very good place and people will go back if ever needs too very much worth the time and learing experience. I would tell everyone about it if I had the chance
Pros
Goog
Good
What was learned
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2018
I have learned so much about myself and about how much knowledge I have gained throughout the years as a medical assistant and phlebotomist. It has been such a great experience being able to help change lives for others and being a positive force.
Horrible
Indianapolis, Indiana Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
Management treated every student differently, no one was treated fairly. It wasn't an equal opportunity for students.

Was old after being hired there are no raises anymore.

Felt bad for my co-workers.
I love the night staff and I love instructing students.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2018
If it was a full time job with a salary to match my knowledge I would definitely stay. It's a lot of work in a short period of time but it's a great place inspire, motivate and touch lifes. The hard part is seeing smart students drop the program due to lack of support at home.
Pros
Seeing students getting ready to go on externship.
Cons
Not being full time
Brightwood College-Corpus Christi
SENIOR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 22, 2018
Amazing place to work with the most amazing people. You have the opportunity to change lives. I can not speak for other campuses, only Corpus. I moved or I would still be there.
Pros
Challenging, always changing
Cons
none, you get what you put in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightwood College. Our community is ready to answer.