Brightwood College Employee Reviews

Strong work ethic focused on student success
Receptionist/ Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2018
Each day was full of new challenges. Where I had the trusted freedom to creatively overcome, for both my department and others throughout the campus. Our main focus was student success. Through out my time at Brightwood my Job duties grew allowing me to learn the function of each department from admissions/financial aid and academics. This allowed me to strengthen and grow my office coordinating skills to advance my ability to support the office/campus as a whole. The hardest part of my job is going thought the campus closure knowing as a team we had so much more to give to our students and community.
Pros
A work family culture, family first, management support
Cons
low wages, no raises for performance, school closure
College suffers internal choas
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salida, CAJune 30, 2018
Management is inept, uninspiring and lazy. There is no incentive to grow as an employee. There is no collaboration between instructors nor with management. There are no raises and no full time positions for instructors. It's a black hole, soul sucking environment that's sure to leave you sad, tired and depressed. Perhaps it's an okay place to learn some basics about teaching but nothing further. Also it's not great for students, management makes it known that challenging students is frowned upon, in other words it's about volume, not quality. Just stay away and save your sanity.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Just about everything, not a place to start a career
Productive and Fun Place
Student Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2019
I had the best time at Brightwood but due to the ACICS they did not approve our Accreditation so On December 5,2018 they closed all of our Colleges.I provided customer service to our students, helped them apply for grants,student loans, outside grants , VA benefits and also we had one hour a day to collect student cash payments.
Pros
Weekly Training
Flexible schedules
Dental Assistant Program Director (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 11, 2018
I was able to work with the best team I have ever worked with. My Dean and Campus President were amazing. I was able to have a flexible schedule because they knew I always got my job done.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Terrible benefits
Busy
Student Finance Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 12, 2018
I am busy learning a new industry and constantly learning something new. We work together as a team to get the best end results. I must say that I enjoy working here.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
Exspensive benefits
Amazing place to work and be educated.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJuly 31, 2018
Brightwood college has a new state of art facility in Van Nuys, CA. Working at Brightwood is a great place, management and staff are pleasant and always welling to give 150% to there students.
Pros
Great work environment and amazing staff and management.
Cons
Health care, 401K, parking
Amazing place to work. We are all a big, happy family
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 27, 2018
I started off as an instructor in our healthcare programs and quickly escalated to Department Head. I love this school and its mission. To be lucky enough and watch students complete their programs and head out to the work force is beyond rewarding. The President, Dean, among several other departments, have all become a second family. We work hard, yet remember to stop and chat, laugh, and enjoy each other.We have monthly awards and recognize not only students, but staff as well. I have never had a position with so much care placed on student success.. Brightwood has been supportive in my endeavors and allowed me the freedom to grow and try new things..
Pros
Does not feel like work. Love coming to campus each day
Cons
N/a
Amazing place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  8360 Burnham RdDecember 14, 2018
A typical day at work was lecturing in class and interacting with the students and fellow co-workers. Grading and reaching out to sites for placement of interns was also a typical day. It was a rewarding environment working with my fellow co-workers, bosses, and students.continuing Education was available to the staff. I learned professionalism and compassion. The management was positive and encouraging to the employees. The hardest part of my job was working with students who did not want to continue their education. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my students complete their program and become successful.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
Dealing with drama
Workplace of passion and dedication
Student Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 18, 2018
Come in check reports of students needing to be packaged, meet with team member to come up with a game plan for the day. Greet co-workers and meet with the other departments that we will be working with directly, contact students to come in and complete process. Stay in complete contact with instructors and other department supervisors to stay on the same page throughout the day. The culture at Brightwood was great, we all got along and loved working together, I loved that we all shared the same passion which was helping people better their futures. The hardest part of the job was that there was not enough time in the day to help more people.
Pros
Flexible schedules, weekends off
Cons
late hours
Horrible
Indianapolis, Indiana Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
Management treated every student differently, no one was treated fairly. It wasn't an equal opportunity for students.

Was old after being hired there are no raises anymore.

Felt bad for my co-workers.
I love the night staff and I love instructing students.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2018
If it was a full time job with a salary to match my knowledge I would definitely stay. It's a lot of work in a short period of time but it's a great place inspire, motivate and touch lifes. The hard part is seeing smart students drop the program due to lack of support at home.
Pros
Seeing students getting ready to go on externship.
Cons
Not being full time
productive and fun
study at brightwood college (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 23, 2018
A typical day at work. What I have learned through this journey would learn about the human body which I love because I love learning new things and I am curious about the immune system and more. I have made a wonderful friend from a different culture. It is amazing getting to know peoples backgrounds because we can learn from there cultures. the hardest part of Brightwood college would be organized because the instructors would give you so much information that I started to feel overwhelmed, With so much work but I knew I have to overcome it and make a change so i did!
Pros
have breaks every 30 minutes
Cons
no free lunch
fun working environment
guide them through enrollment process (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 21, 2018
good place to work, good management, provide a lot of training and coaching. Unfortunately closed was looking forward to continuing long term employment.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
turnover
Nice place to ward for
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 29, 2018
Busy environment, people person a must, students from all cultures and walks of life in need of your help and assistance. Mostly friendly staff, opportunity to work and study.
Pros
able to study whenever possible
Cons
between class and work (long hours in building)
Brightwood college
Senior Dental Program Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2018
 Advising Students - Responsible for developing and sustaining student relationships through participation in student orientations and through providing proper counseling, coaching, mentoring, scheduling, and advisement.
 Supervising Instructors – Participate in hiring, training, instructor orientations, mentoring program instructors; provide faculty development and in-services opportunities; and, including teaching methodologies.
 Supporting Operations – Monitor student attendance, grades, retention, academic metrics, program budget, classroom observations, instructor evaluations, and provide actionable information to the Dean, Campus President, and Corporate Academics
Constant change
Health Program Director (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 10, 2018
While I was there the I saw upper management change three times.
So a lot of stuff was dumped on other departments, things where missed. Lack of communication, and then sold and bought out.
Pros
Tuition credit
Most recent assignment
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDDecember 10, 2018
I was only a temporary hire, and I did not get to spend much time with the team @ Brightwood College. They hired me as and adjunct instructor, and it was intended for me to pick up another new class this month. They lost their accreditation. I completed my contract and left. I was promised approximately 2200.00 for the first month but only received half as much before they closed.
Pros
I found I like teaching. Although I suspected as much.
Cons
The school closed and all the students were sent to different schools to complete their education.
Productive and fun workplace
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 13, 2018
I will never forget my time at Brightwood College. It was a special experience because of the culture we created, especially in the Admissions department. I worked hard to hire the right individuals that worked well together and generally liked each other. We all worked hard to service our students and community and I will never forget all the great memories we made during my time at the college. I learned a great deal from this experience.
Brightwood college closed
Instructor/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 11, 2018
Our Brightwood College in Dallas, TX was very organized. Unfortunately this college doesn't exist anymore. We were hard working and loved our students. My PD was really nice. I would prefer to work for her again.
Pros
good pay, student focused
Cons
bad CEO, CFO. Miss management of finance
Worst place to work at, corporate management has no clue what they are doing
Career Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 7, 2018
Corporate management has no idea what they are doing, they are looking to cut corners and squeeze the most profit possible. For this reason it has shut down, gross mismanagement from corporate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brightwood College. Our community is ready to answer.