Brightwood College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place for Students and Staff Memebers
Student Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 15, 2018
Very self rewarding to be able to assist students in achieving their educational and career goals.

I have worked here for almost 10yrs now. Formerly known as Tesst College Towson and was bought out and renamed Brightwood Towson under ECA.

Nice place to start a career or to take career specific classes.
Pros
Self Rewarding
Cons
No Room For Advancement
Easy Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 13, 2018
Good office entry level job. If you are okay with sitting at a desk for long periods of time, then this job would work for you. Time goes by slowly when you don't have much to do, I like having a lot of work to do, makes time go by faster.
Productive, people person, fast learner,responsible, and multitasker
Dental Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2018
Productive,people person,fast learner,responsible, and multitasker. I've learned alot while attended at brightwood college hands on training. Taking xrays, chair side assisting, and sterlization.
Wonderful staff and student body
Student Services Coordinator & Librarian (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2018
It was a pleasure to work with the staff and student population. Deriving various activities and forums that would allow the students to discover the opportunities available after completing course work was fulfilling and even a greater reward witnessing each student discover something new about themselves.
Pros
Engaging the students on a daily basis
Cons
Lack of Leadership
Fantastic Admissions Team
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2018
I have never worked with a more dynamic team. Coworkers are incredibly easy to work with and the Director of Admissions is a stellar superior to work under.
Pros
Pay
Cons
6 day work weeks twice per month
Worst place ever
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2018
Poorly run. Upper management is lacking integrity. There are far better places to work.. no job security and there is a reason they pay so well. Run...
Great
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  SAHARA LAS VEGASApril 24, 2018
Good job very good place and people will go back if ever needs too very much worth the time and learing experience. I would tell everyone about it if I had the chance
Pros
Goog
Good
What was learned
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2018
I have learned so much about myself and about how much knowledge I have gained throughout the years as a medical assistant and phlebotomist. It has been such a great experience being able to help change lives for others and being a positive force.
Horrible
Indianapolis, Indiana Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
Management treated every student differently, no one was treated fairly. It wasn't an equal opportunity for students.

Was old after being hired there are no raises anymore.

Felt bad for my co-workers.
I love the night staff and I love instructing students.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2018
If it was a full time job with a salary to match my knowledge I would definitely stay. It's a lot of work in a short period of time but it's a great place inspire, motivate and touch lifes. The hard part is seeing smart students drop the program due to lack of support at home.
Pros
Seeing students getting ready to go on externship.
Cons
Not being full time
Brightwood College-Corpus Christi
SENIOR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 22, 2018
Amazing place to work with the most amazing people. You have the opportunity to change lives. I can not speak for other campuses, only Corpus. I moved or I would still be there.
Pros
Challenging, always changing
Cons
none, you get what you put in
Great place for students to learn, support one another, and cary great attitudes into the workplace.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2018
Excellent place to work. The entire leadership team is very friendly, caring, and supportive. It is all about the students, is prevalent all throughout the school.
Pros
Student support and great leadership
Cons
Timeliness to complete requests
Workplace Culture
General Education Adjunct English Instructor (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXMarch 1, 2018
The school is an excellent community for learning. It allows those who have been out of the classroom for awhile to excel in opportunities leading to an advancement in career oriented roles.
Pros
Small classes
Cons
Short semesters
Cut throat and Manipulative
Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2018
The department I worked in was to enroll meet with and tour potential students and sell them on the idea to enroll here. I loved the 1-1 interaction with the potential students that I met with. It was the issues of the team and direct supervisor that is the downfall of working there.
Pros
meeting the potential students
Cons
stress, pressure, manipulative, reactionary management
Excellent place to work
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Loved teaching there, the diversity of the students in the LVN program. My director was a true mentor. The people I worked with were wonderful and supportive.
Brightwwod
Dean of Nursing (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2018
They want to believe that the everyone is family but that is not the case. It is everyone for themselves and pettiness. No consistency in how things are managed.
Great atmosphere to work in
HVAC Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2018
I enjoy working here at Brightwood. Teaching is my passion, along with giving back to the community. I am able to do both here, which gives purpose to my job. Direct interaction with the students, and being in a position to give them something that will last them the rest of their lives, is possibly the best thing about working here. Getting students to overcome self-made fear is probably the hardest part of my job. The culture is comfortable, and management appreciates what I have to offer.
Customer service
Intern (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDFebruary 8, 2018
interacting with others to making them feel good about their decision on making thru out the store.Making sure merchindise is where its supposed to be.
Excellent
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 6, 2018
Excellent place to work. Good Management.I would recommend this job to everyone. The employee's makes this an excellent place to work. The campus needs security but that is it.
Monthly events and holiday school breaks
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Daily 9-6pm Monday through Thursday and Friday 8am to 5pm. Daily constant pressure of convincing future students to enroll, must be constantly watched if your in the phone, and making sure you are at your desk. If you speak with student, make sure you get all information from the student and enroll them to avoid a sermon. must fill all documents and signatures and student must make an appointment asap to tour the school, and enroll.
Pros
Get to know lots of life expierences
Cons
99% on the phone, just restroom break and lunch.