Brilliance Audio Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Efficient and productive
Shipper/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIApril 28, 2017
Brilliance always looked for ways to improve on all aspects of the company. I learned basic Microsoft Office skills and leadership skills. I would gladly work for this company again.
its okay.
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MINovember 11, 2016
worked here for a few weeks and work slowed down as soon as it started. nice place to work. its also quiet and its not a gang of employees just a handful.
I wasn't working for a professional company, I was working for a high school
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMay 6, 2016
I'll start by saying this is the WORST job I've ever had!! I've never worked with such two faced, lying, distrustful, immature people in all my life!! It was a horrible experience!! I worked in the production side of the plant and it was like high school!

People there were too busy trash talking each other and gossiping! They would trash talk you even if you were five feet away! They treated you like you were stupid, did a horrible job of training, and acted like they were prefect the entire time! One of the most unprofessional things about this place is you have to "fit" into their horrible little clique to even to be have a chance of getting hired in! It's more important to be popular and have everyone like you than to be a good worker!

The rate was BEYOND ridulous! They set it so high that people cant make it and that includes people that are hired in! The manager over production is a joke and has no clue what she's doing! She runs it like a concentration camp and claims she cares about the people there. The sad truth is she only cares about rate and if you don't meet it....out the door you go!

I'd rather be homeless and starving than work at that company again. Brilliance Audio is a horrible, toxic work environment and unless you have the childish demeanor of a high schooler than I suggested you don't apply here! You've been warned...
Pros
Free soda, outdoor patio, no PPE, steady breaks
Cons
God awful people, poor management, hostile work environment
You REALLY want to know what it's like to work with Brilliance?
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMay 6, 2016
Well I'll tell you. It's terrible. Here it is, no BS.

The person (no names will be said in this review) that runs the production side is a slave worker. She does not care about you. You are a number, and nothing more. If you do not hit your numbers, she will toss you aside like tissue paper. The factory has nearly five new temps a month, sometimes more if it's peak months, and they rarely last longer than a few weeks. She assigned a ridiculous rate, that doesn't factor in what your packing, how many disks it has, or what the packaging is. Have to pack a fifty disk collection in a vinyl wallet? Better pack 180 of them an hour, or your fired. She doesn't care. And the worst part? Even if you DO hit your rate, you're still not going to be hired in. To REALLY get hired in, you have to deal with the pathetic, high school cliques that have formed among the workers.

This brings me to the work environment. The people act like their in high school. They act friendly to your face, but trash talk you when you're not next to them.

The environment gets increasingly hostile no matter how well you pack, and towards the end it feels like bullying. Eventually it feels like sweet relief once you get the call to not come in anymore.

During my time I WILL vouch for most of the people in receiving though. They're wonderfully nice. The people in production though are a nightmare. Since leaving last summer, I've known several other people to have worked, and get let go, for brilliance. They all testified towards the same childish behavior, and negative atmosphere.
  more... It's a toxic place to work, which is a shame because it's an incredibly easy job, and the hours are great.

Temps are dirt, and they will eat you up, and spit you out without caring a single thing about you. They'll then proceed to mock and make fun of you for weeks after your gone. They love to use the insult "wait till they see the real world" for people who quit because they can't handle the abysmal atmosphere. (This was said in summer 2015 when an employee quit and filed harassment charges. I obviously wasn't privy to the details, but knowing returns, and the man she had to work with, she was probably telling the truth.) Well brilliance, here's the real world. You can't push temps around and expect they'll always take your abuse and not spread the word about how you treat them.

I'm willing to bet you'll see additional reviews like this from other people who have had enough, and like the negative reviews that are already out for this company, they'll aggressively create accounts to dislike and hide the truth. THIS is the truth. Brilliance is a terrible place to work. But it won't even matter because you'll be fired in three months anyways.
Pros
Free soda, light work
Cons
Terrible management, terrible people who are stuck in high school.
Productive but do not accept people of color
Packer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMarch 23, 2016
Was a good place to work but being african american they dont accept got the most disrespect from them no explanation or anything lies being told and nothing done about it and had to report them
Pros
Eaay work
Cons
Dont like people of color
Great Company to work for
audio engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIDecember 14, 2015
This company cares about their employees, has great benefit packages. They give great feedback to their employees. All over rating is this is an amazing company to work for, I recommend it to anyone. I have been here 6 months and with 9 years working experience this is my absolute favorite company to be working for.
Pros
Free drinks, Food supplied days, Great benefits, great people, caring company
Cons
can't complain - nothing
No thanks
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIFebruary 2, 2015
This job was a very slow job. It was not enjoyable because it was just too repetitive. Packaging audio books was not for me, so I didn't stay with the company long.
Brilliance Audio
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMay 20, 2014
Not a stressful place to work at but they hire off the street instead of hiring the temps that have been there over 90 days.
Pros
non stress, free drinks, sometimes lunches
Cons
won't hire temps, bad rraining, no very honest people
Very strong core values and high bar for hiring employees
Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven Mi. June 12, 2013
Continuous improvements all the time with new customer orders and faster lead times for shipping on time.
Pros
Alot of overtime available and free pop machine.
Cons
buisness growing above and beyond, but not supported by enough staff.
Was a great place to work while it was under private ownership
Warehouse & Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJune 5, 2013
Planning and budget meetings. Preparing daily shipping logs and orders. Managing inventory. Management was excellent. Great co-workers. Awesome staff. Hardest part of the job, end of the month crunch. Best part, pride in a job well done.
Pros
Healthcare, free monthly audio, nice people to work with
Cons
The company became less personable after Amazon took over
productive, fast paced manufacturer of audio books
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJune 13, 2012
very fast paced work environment focused on personal safety and accuracy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brilliance Audio. Our community is ready to answer.

Brilliance Audio Reviews by Location