Brilliant Earth

Working at Brilliant Earth: 20 Reviews

United States20 reviews

Great introduction to Jewelry sales.

Great way to learn and grow in the jewelry business. Management was transparent and encouraging. I only left to pursue my own company, but have only great things to say about the company.

March 28, 2022
Thank you for leaving feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time on the team.

No Upward Mobility

Toxic upper management will gaslight you when you give legitimate criticism to the company. Job has potential but they have yet to make meaningful changes. Incredible coworkers and showroom staff. Too bad no one stays

Brilliant Earth insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Long hours low pay

Low pay bad hours management doesn’t care. Training is low call volume is high. Coworkers are toxic and supervisors aren’t helpful. Items are overpriced and customers know it.

March 21, 2022
Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback in an effort to continuously improve.

this place is great and fun but..

long working hours, salary and raise is very low. good to earn title and jump up to another company. seeing people leave and finding jobs much better was encouraging

March 7, 2022
Thanks for leaving feedback. We wish you the best in your endeavors.

Could have better support for workers

Brilliant Earth has no trouble welcoming you to the job. Their problem is maintaining a relationship with you. Sure, they'll have your weekly one-to-ones, but nothing has changed despite those meetings. I'm constantly bombarded with a goal that was hard to obtain simply because I was given lower sales. I was expected to reach a certain weekly goal but was given low sales constantly. I felt like I was constantly placed in a position to fail. It was even harder because we were physically understaffed and I had to wear many hats when I couldn't even maintain the hat I was hired for. I would be confronted about being low in my sales, but the higher-ups in the San Francisco location would continuously place me in roles that covered the areas that lacked staff. It was a frustrating cycle. The job culture was decent because I had a good amount of support from my coworkers.

Pros

Supportive Coworkers, fun activities in the workplace

Cons

Constantly understaffed, unrealistic goals, horrible internal system, very dysfunctional

February 28, 2022
Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback.

A great company, but has some cons to iron out.

I truly love my job here and my immediate team in the showroom is absolutely amazing. I've never felt more supported amongst colleagues and with my manager. There are some communication issues to iron out between other departments and the upper management -- I feel that a lot of the negative reviews Brilliant Earth gets concerning their customer service and the lengthy time it takes to get back to people can be tied to the fact that our internal system is so difficult to operate and there's not a lot of communication between the front-facing staff and those that work behind the scenes. Almost every team is based in California and having to maneuver around the time zone differences can be especially trying when you're the person talking to the customers. Aside from that, the company culture is great and they're very dedicated to their mission of sustainability, which I love. The benefits package is one of the best I've ever had. The hours are a little long, and you will have to work weekends, but I personally don't mind that as much.

Pros

Great work culture, fun colleagues, dedicated to sustainability

Cons

Communication between departments

February 1, 2022
Thank you for leaving feedback! We are so happy to hear you love your job and team. We are always working towards improvements, including system and process improvements. If you have specific feedback, please share with your leadership team!

Unfair treatment

High turn over rate. Unfairly treated in my ways. People only think about themselves. HR not really helpful. Always being lies. Way to many process for no reasons.

January 10, 2022
We are sorry to hear you feel this way about your experience on our team. We'd like to understand more about your feedback - please reach out to us at glassdoor@brilliantearth.com.

Mostly Great with Some Cons

For the most part I enjoy working at Brilliant Earth. However, the expectation of how much work I am able to do does not match a 40 hour work week. I could easily spend 65-70 hours doing everything I need to do. I rarely feel truly appreciated here but keep my head down. I wish the pay was better.

Pros

Good culture, some great coworkers

Cons

Low pay, stress, managers not appreciative

August 6, 2021
Thank you for leaving a review! We would love to understand more about your feedback. We encourage you to meet with us at HR Office Hours or speak with your team's HRBP so we can better offer support!

Opportunity to be Challenged and Grow

I've been with Brilliant Earth for a few years and am so thankful for the opportunity to work for a growing, mission-focused company. The fast-paced environment means that my days go by super quickly and while it can be challenging at times, I've learned so much. Everyone works cross-functionally so I've interacted with all teams and all levels of leadership. Really excited to see the company continue to grow. It's also worth noting that this product is so fun to work with!

Pros

Awesome team, solid benefits, growing company

August 6, 2021
Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear you have enjoyed being a part of the BE team. We look forward to continuing to support your growth!

Awesome place to work!

I love working at Brilliant Earth - the people are so nice and happy to be working that it makes it easy to also be excited to work! Management and coworkers are all very supportive and team players. The benefits are great too. Overall, really happy to be at Brilliant Earth!

Pros

Coworkers, culture, work environment, support

August 6, 2021
It is great to hear you've enjoyed the culture and work environment here. Thanks so much for your review!

Great place to work with a collaborative and fun team!

I have loved working for Brilliant Earth so far! They have all been so welcoming and I have seen a great amount of collaboration and discussion across teams. I was able to have trainings before jumping into my role which helped me learn the company better as well as my specific duties I would be performing. I have had multiple mentors that I look up to on my own team and across other teams which has helped me feel even more welcomed here. Although starting a new job can be overwhelming at some times, I feel I have had all the necessary resources to help me through my first few weeks here. I have loved every minute of being at Brilliant Earth and I'm excited to continue growing with the company!

Pros

Collaboration, trainings, work-life balance, team events

Cons

I haven't run into any cons!

August 6, 2021
We are so happy to hear you've felt welcomed and supported so far in your position! Thanks for leaving feedback.

Great opportunities for growth & an awesome team

I've worked at Brilliant Earth for 4.5 years. I started in an entry-level position and I'm now in a Senior Manager role. I've been able to learn so much, the leaders (in my department but also other teams) are really supportive and encouraging - if you work hard and want to learn, there is unlimited growth potential. The company is growing quickly so there are always new challenges. The best part - even though the company has grown a lot, the team is still really collaborative, positive and passionate about the company mission. We have team breaks twice a week where we'll be encouraged to do an activity that promotes wellness and team bonding, which has been so nice during COVID.

Pros

Growth potential, learning, support, management, team environment

Cons

Fast-paced, goal-oriented (I enjoy this but not for everyone)

August 6, 2021
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you've felt supported by your leaders and team, and have had the opportunity to grow and develop in your career.

weird

yea everyones cool, but very is managed. system always failing, its a fun culture, but overall the systems will fail you. you literally have to check in with system changes to use to bathroom.

August 6, 2021
We appreciate your feedback! We are always looking for ways to improve our systems and technology. If you are continuing to encounter issues, I encourage you to reach out to the IT team for assistance.

Greedy, dysfunctional company

The treatment of employees at Brilliant Earth and the abhorrent communication between HQ/Upper Management and the satellite locations are the reason for Brilliant Earth’s internal dysfunction. They seem to know about their extremely high turnover rate which is why they spend money on recruiting websites. There are so many red flags. I was hired after 2 managers and employees had quit. I went throuh 4 different managers in the course of 10 months. There was a silent “keep your head down“ culture. Employees needed to lay low and not complain. HR was known for cutting employees on a whim. BE Headquarters micromanaged, overworked, and pushed their employees to their breaking point with no rewards. BE wants to cut their costs and never pay new employees more than they need, which included paying low salaries to kids fresh out of college instead of giving current employees raises. By treating employees as disposable, the company seems to favor having a high turnover rate and spending more money bringing new people on, instead of cultivating and investing in the ones they have.

Pros

Fun / exciting product and industry, Great ethical and environmental mission, Hardworking team/ great coworkers

Cons

dysfunctional infrastructure and communication, poor transparency of location-specific policies and procedures, Culture of keeping quiet/keeping your head down, Employees undervalued/overworked/lots of burnout/poor benefits/ low pay, Extremely High turnover rate, Highly disorganized training program and sales incentive programs, Micromanagement, greedy company who cuts corners, No room for upward mobility, No weekends off

August 6, 2021
We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience on the team. We appreciate your feedback.

Challenging position with development potential

Intense work environment with a high turn over rate. If you like a challenge or want to move up quickly there are good opportunities available, but the pace is pretty intense.

August 6, 2021
Thank you for your feedback! Please reach out to your team's HRBP for any support you need.

Great Place !

I only worked there a couple of months but I had a great time. Great experience and manager. I was their part-time but they always worked with my schedule and it was great pay.

Pros

Management and pay.

Cons

Small office a few coworkers it only takes one with a bad attitude to make it challenging.

August 6, 2021
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time on the BE team! Thanks for leaving a review.

Great Company; Great People!

When I was looking to switch jobs I did a lot of research. I was making an entire career switch and I wanted to make the right choice. Brilliant Earth has exceeded those expectations. I am so happy that I found a company that I can honestly BRAG about. Why I love BE? - Management is great. My manager actually cares and takes the time to meet with me weekly. I never feel my questions are left unanswered and I never feel unsupported. We talk about my professional development frequently and my manager is an incredible mentor. - The culture is fun! The HR team plans events in office, out of office, and volunteer focused. I love getting to know my coworkers during these occasions. - They are team-oriented. No matter if you started 3 months ago or 3 years ago everyone is willing to help each other succeed. - My ideas matter. Because it is a growing company I have had the opportunity to bring fresh, new ideas to the table and actually be heard.

August 6, 2021
We are so happy to hear you've enjoyed the culture and team environment here! We are always open to new ideas to continuously improve, and look forward to continuing to work to support your growth and BE's growth. Thanks for leaving feedback!

Exciting Environment and Room for Growth

I have been with Brilliant Earth for 2 years and have experienced tremendous growth in my responsibilities. It is a fast-paced, exciting environment but still supportive. My manager is invested in my personal growth and teams are really close-knit. CEOs are down to earth and present. All around great people to work with!

Pros

Work culture, positive people, fun product, benefits, growth opportunities

Cons

Still growing so it’s fast paced and things change quickly - super exciting IMO!

August 6, 2021
Thanks for your review! It is great to hear you've been able to grow in your career through the support of your leaders and your team.

Great Place To Work

Great place to work with a very friendly company culture. Very busy, always things to do which is a good think IMO. You will never be lacking in tasks or bored here.

August 6, 2021
We are happy to hear you've enjoyed the culture at Brilliant Earth. Thanks for leaving feedback!

Give and Take

While the co-workers were mostly great, the lack of training, pressure to work through lunch, and medical insurance plans were awful to deal with. It's a good job if you are willing to sacrifice your well-being to be there.

Pros

Happy hours, good pay

Cons

Workplace bullying, PTO policy, stressful

August 6, 2021
We would like to understand more about your feedback. We encourage you to reach out to your team's HRBP, or stop by HR Office hours so we can answer any questions and offer support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brilliant Earth. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight