Brillient Employee Reviews

Work literally anywhere else
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMarch 9, 2019
This is the worst job I have ever had, and I’ve worked holidays in retail for years. The issues I have are:

-Oh you signed up for a job that’s supposed to be 40 hrs a week, 3:30pm-12:00am? Nope, good luck trying to have any sort of life because you’ll be working MANDATORY 50 hour weeks (apparently that’s legal) for months at a time. Which means you get to come in from 2:30pm-1am OR 3:30pm-2:00am! And when you’re in training as well as when you’re hired, they’ll keep that information from you.

-Management is the absolute worst and they play favorites all. The. Time. If you’re not sucking up they’re snapping at you and talking down to you like you’re stupid. And even when upper management don’t call for mandatory overtime, your department manager can MAKE you work overtime! :)

-NO. RAISES. You’re stuck making $12.95, unless by some miracle you can get into a higher paying position.

-You have weekends off which is great, except oh wait! You’re too busy catching up on the sleep that you haven’t been getting, you’re body is incredibly exhausted and physically shutting down on you because you lift tons of 40lb boxes and have to do it within a certain time frame (I work in Shelving). This job is not disability friendly and you have to be in the best shape of your life and even then you’ll feel dead after doing it for 50 hours a week.

- HR is COMPLETELY useless.

-You’re just a cog in the work machine here, they literally do not care about you, our work place days without injury meter is being consistantly reset back to 0.

-YOU’RE UNDERGROUND FOR HOURS.

-You can’t
  more... park inside the cave because the goverment employees are the golden children, contractors are not.

-They never hire people and they can’t KEEP people and because of this you are expected to do the production work of two people.

-Literally, just don’t do it, I’m begging you.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Everything else
Terrible environment, awful people
General Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MONovember 25, 2018
Working for Brillient was not a good experience, the HR department is abysmal and has no problem lying to employees about benefits cost, and how they are provided. Management lacks effective skills resulting in getting behind on the workload and pushing mandatory overtime to catch up. The physical environment is underground in a cave full of paper, the dust and poor air circulation causes many employees to have a persistent cough or get ill.
If i could rate 0 i would
File Clerk GC2 (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOOctober 15, 2018
Where to start......Upper management is clueless on how to run this facility. They do not care about their employees, and only do things that puts more money in their pockets. You are not a person here, just a number. NO RAISES and it is very hard to climb the ladder unless you know someone or you are very well at kissing butt.
Pros
Wont get hit by a tornado
Cons
Too many
Not good for people with disablities
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOAugust 4, 2018
This company doesn't allow you to have a disability, they do not have accommodations for them. I had a doctor's note stating that I'm not able to climb ladders but was sent to a department that had this and was still expected to do the job anyway.
Pros
Good health insurance, off all holidays including Government, paid vacations
Cons
Doesn't give raises
Only if you think you will be up to the task.
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 6, 2018
Ridiculous quotas, they won't work with you either. No phones. You're in a cave so you probably won't even have signal (depending on your phone carrier).
It's hot. Very very hot in areas. You're either freezing cold or drowning in sweat. You have to be physically fit to work here with a high tolerance for stupidity. It is a very physical job.
Management Enforces in the Wrong ways
General Clerk 2 (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 6, 2018
It's great pay and you can earn a dollar incentive from time to time depending on your quota and your departments overall quality. Its not recommend that you look into this as a career per say as it can take awhile for advancements to open up and most of the time they began to train people ahead of time so when the opportunity becomes available they can easy hop right into the position. This company only cares about numbers not you as an individual. You are just a number to them and you can be easy replaced .
Pros
40 hour weeks, flexible schedule if needed, incentive pay
Cons
Bad management, lack of empathy, no real care for your hard work.
Production based work
General Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMay 19, 2018
Not a bad place to work. You do have to keep up with quota. And production. Some task are harder then others. Great people to work with. Managers are really nice and knowledgeable
Great Benefits
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMay 14, 2018
There are great benefits here, and the job can sometimes be quite boring, but the pay is decent, but advancement takes time and gets you a pay raise that's not even worth the work or time investment.
Rewarding place to work
Program Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2016
The most rewarding place to work, love the work I do. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people. typical day at work is analyzing, balancing and reconciling my department budget by reviewing weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports.
work place in cave
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOSeptember 27, 2016
Not really fond of working a job for almost 3 years with no raise.
management could do better
I've learned to keep my options open job wise
i enjoy making a paycheck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brillient. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2