Brink's Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 1,339 reviews matching the search See all 1,719 reviews
Unorganized and stressful
Teller/Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2018
During my time at Brinks it was extremely stressful! Employees were looked at as robots, nothing was managed correctly, it didn’t matter if you were in pain from standing you were never offered a chair to rest even after working past 10 hours. You were only allowed to move up if you were one of managements favorites, it was the same with being late, or absent. No janitor to keep things clean, always ran out of soap and tissue, eating area is small and never clean. You were only allowed one 15 minute break and one 30 minute break and I didn’t matter how many hours you worked, cash room stayed behind on meeting deadlines because the vault always lost money. The pay rate sucked for the amount of money you have to touch in one day! I processed millions a day, the pay raise is .10 per year only making 12.50 and hour! Shameful!
Hard backbreaking work stressful job , slave work
Vault Processor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 29, 2018
I do not intend to stay in my current role at this company long-term , I would like to move into some other role at this company. This job is very stressful, they treat you like a slave very long hours on some days 10 hours plus no breaks and only 30 minute lunch sometimes we don't even get a lunch some co working are nasty and mean , management can be very nasty even if you are working hard and doing your job like you should, pay is very low for all the hard work that you do can't even make $1,000 after taxes bi weekly , there is also a lot of favoritism going on by management they do not treat everyone as equals.
Pros
stable job, lots of hours, good benefits, diverse workplace
Cons
shorts breaks and lunches, management sucks, low pay, hard work, stressful, favoritism, cut throat nasty co workers
Do not work here
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 24, 2018
I worked at the Beaumont Texas Branch. When i began my training...i was mainly a workhorse. I have spent upwards to 16 hours on the road at any given time. The management is lacking. They were brung in from out of state and had no clue about the area or the routes. I started as a messenger and wanted to go to driver. They refused but allowed another person to do it. The pay is very low for this area and low for the risk you take. I do not suggest this for this area. I dont know of other areas. Some equipment was very substandard
Pros
Cons
decent benefits
Terrible Company
Security/Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 29, 2018
There is no specific position at Brinks. You WILL work in every position for no pay raise or you'll get an hourly decrease. You work alone a lot and you'll have way more merchandise than you can carry safely. You never get a break or lunch, you'll have to do it on your own time, which you'll never have. The day starts at 0730 and doesn't end until around 1800 or later. There have been people there for over 20 years that only received a $1 pay raise. Stay away from Brinks. Aurora,CO Brinks pays $15 no pay raises.
No Job Advancement/Low pay
Messenger/Guard (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 1, 2018
If you're looking for a career this is not the job. Minimal to no job advancement opportunities and of the ones that exist only a small pay raise. No set hours, only a set show time but unpredictable when you'll go home as it's based upon when you finish your deliveries/pick-up. No overtime (5/hr cap per week). Dangerous job and not worth it for the pay offered. If looking for a part-time job for a little extra money maybe it's the job for you.
I would recommend, but not for long term employment.
Vault Processor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 31, 2018
This job would best suit someone young ( early 20s ) looking to get experience to add to a resume. The pay rates would not be beneficial to an older adult with possibly more financial obligations. During my time, leadership members have been friendly, but hardly ever useful. There is severe favoritism within the vault and management is, to put it simply, lazy. Problems that truly affect the company are not resolved. I would only recommend this job as something to look good on a resume when applying for jobs that provide better all around benefits. Also, for how long the shifts often are ( 10+ hours ), a 30 minute lunch and only two 15 minutes breaks is ridiculous.
Do not work here you will waste your time
Cash Logistics Processor (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 4, 2019
If i could give this job a negative score, I would. This job works you until you physically break down. I am in my 20's and there is no reason why i come home from work in pain every day. You stand for 8+ hours straight every day. you get two 15 minutes and a 30 minute lunch but if you go over your 15 minute break, they take out an extra 30 minute lunch. Part time employees do not get paid vacation, paid time off, or any benefits at all. So basically if you get sick your just sick. and if i need to call off for a doctors appointment or something important, part time employees dont have personal days. You just miss that day. there is alot of favoritism at this job. Between the cash room, messengers, and drivers. If moving up in the company is what you plan to do, this is not the place for you. Its people that have been working there for 10+ years in the same position.They dont know what the word 'Raise' means. They give priase to those that slack off. they dont enforce rules. the entire place is dirty. This job will stress you out. And if you do not get along with females, the cash room is not where you want to go. the pay is not anything special. For all the work that you do, you should get paid more. But if theft is your lifestyle, Brinks is an easy lick. I dont even think they send you to jail, they just fire you. Apply at your own risk.
Pros
Cons
everything
Typical Work Day
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 6, 2018
Brinks Armored Services has been more than 150 years. The company has fare pay and great benefits. However, the company lacks structure, culture and no room for advancement opportunities. There is no structured training or algorithms.
OK to start but can't build lifelong career
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2019
It was a good job, the company is shrinking and requires technology to improve service. Most managers care about their team members. The VP cares about his people.
Pros
pay, work life balance
Cons
poor benefits, business is dying
Pay
Cash Processor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 30, 2018
It was an ok place to work but after 10 yrs of employment you didn't receive any more raises but they steady working you as if you are getting raises annually. Coin operators made money than the Logistics Processors not fair
Pros
monday-friday
Cons
pay, long hours, no more raises after 10 yrs
Perfect environment for Robots
CASH LOGISTICS PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
Very tedious, repetitive micro managed work. The extra benefits are awesome but in order to earn a decent amount of pay to cover cost of living and other expenses you will need an excess amount of over time, even then that only happens when the turnover rate starts to pick up speed. The turn over rate is always high, due to the lack of concern for family and just the employees on a regular basis. When ever they are taking new hires they will began to seek out personnel of whom they want to push out the door, so be prepared for a stream line of paper work at once.
I would not be surprised if robots were the future employee of this company.
Pros
The people, not management are awesome
Cons
Micro Management, Lack of training, lack of family culture
No advance! Any job opportunities depends on who you know and not what you know.
Balancer/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2018
No communication, no leadership, no structural nor organization and often there is a lack of work in which employees are running around trying to find work to do....
Pros
N/a
Cons
Benefits are extremely high, salaries are max out at 10 years of employment, no cost of living wages are offered and the salary do not meet today’s cost of living.
You Life is Worth More
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 16, 2018
The company pays a low salary. A human life is worth more than $12.50 to start as a driver. After 8-10 years with the company, employees are making $18 hr with limited benefits. Time off request are usually denied because they are understaffed. Regardless of how far in advance you give them.
Horrible place to work
Cash Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYJuly 5, 2018
This job doesn't pay enough. The amount of work and hours spent doing it is not worth working here. The dont make you feel appreciated for all the work you do. The worst part about working here are the benefits and the hours. You never really know when you get out. You get to leave when the work is done for the day. Thet only ever give you a raise of a few cents every two years.
Pros
alot of hours
Cons
long days, benefits, pay, management
Good Job
Messenger (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 4, 2018
Good place to work to start your private security interest but long hours and salary could be better. Customers can be a little over the top but can definitely accommodating
Busy work - no raises
Cash Logistics Processor (Current Employee) –  Walker, MIOctober 5, 2018
It's a good place to wirk if you like staying busy - I have been with this company for 5+ years with NO RAISE and you never feel appreciated even when you know you are doing a fabulous job
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
No raises - lack of communication
Horrible
Vault Processor/Currency Processor (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 31, 2018
I mean this is a job. work environment is horrible, extremely rude and disrespectful staff. Management is a joke, I can manage my sock drawer better. So much negativity at Brinks. No one is happy to work for the company. Work days are long and unsatisfying. The most enjoyable part about the job when your not there.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Horrible benefits, poor 401k match, low wages
Decent place to work.
Turret Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 18, 2018
Decent place to work if you like to work hard and work long hours. Not much of a work/life balance. Most supervisors have your back and training was great. Only quit because I found a higher paying position somewhere else.
Pros
Good people to work with, secure employment, decent benefits, good general working environment.
Cons
Long work days, working on weekends, back breaking work (some positions)
Fast Paced and rewarding
Armed Security Officer, Driver, Messenger (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 21, 2018
A day at Brinks could be 8-16 hours long depending upon requests for specialty assignments and/or lack of manpower. I learned to be hyper observant and conscientious about details. The hardest part of the job was knowing that you or your partners' life could be on the line in an instant. The most enjoyable part of the job was great staff, friends, and the socialness with the clients and client contacts. Mangement was fair and honest as long as you got the job done and done to their specifications.
Pros
Vacations, benefits, respect for hard work
Cons
Work until the job is totally done
Bad place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33126September 12, 2018
I worked there for 3 years never got a pay raise, the manager was always out of the office or on his phone and no advancements,
and when I went to him to ask him about a career change, he turned me down & didn't want to hear me out.
Horrible place to work!!!
Pros
Hours
Cons
no bonus short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brink's Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.3InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight