Brink's Incorporated Employee Reviews

Personally did not enjoy this job
Security Driver (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAApril 16, 2018
This job was a very stressful job. I commuted an hour to work here and was always put on the long routes. My days started at 4 am and, more often than not, I would not come home till around 10 pm. Management was very disorganized for a security company. I was never compensated for money spent while training (gas money for an 8-hour drive and food and drinks while i was down there for the week). Worked there for a couple months and never got my DCJS to carry my gun on the job and did not acquire a work uniform until a little over a month in.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, terrible management.
fair workplace
CASH LOGISTICS PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 12, 2018
the work environment was messy and very hard to focus on work. the managers were not up to par as far as professional levels. Workers made complaints often, with little no to acknowledgment of solutions.
Pros
free lunches, birthday recognition
Cons
poor managers
N/a
Cash Logistic Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2018
Nothing is enjoyable about the job especially not management.
It is a rush rush job as soon as you start they want you to know everything within a matter of a week.
Might recommend this job to a member of the Taliban
LLV Messenger (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 9, 2018
First off, Do you have a family? if you answer yes and you take a job here kiss them goodbye, because you will hardly ever see them.

Second, they higher Facility Managers that have no clue to what the people on the trucks actually have to do or go thru.

Third, they will tell you that the "Smartdrive" is for your safety when in actuality its there to monitor you and if you break ANY rule to include going over the speed limit by 1 mile an hour you are written up.

Fourth, don't look for a pay raise anytime soon.

Fifth, the company went to all ONE man trucks, so yes you have to do it all on route, Drive, deal with customers, secure the assets, and provide your own security.
Pros
401 wasn't bad
Cons
management, and just about everything you can imagine
Typical day at work
Cashier Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2018
Starting at 06:00 - 00:00 checking in going to my booth checking paper work checking keys opening my window to receive cash and paper invoices from the daily carriers.
Brink’s is the best company’s
Precious metal (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2018
The I’m working with the Brink’s in the precious metals. Leaning about gold and silver Palladium ..and much more metals. The manager Are so nice and Friendly the work place in clean Environment . The hardest part of job . Is the new inventory they’re coming in Different types of metal . The most enjoyable is teamwork playing..
Pros
30 minuets
Cons
Healthcare
I expected more
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 4, 2018
There is a lot to learn. Every day is a new experience. The work environment is slow pace. There isn't much micro-management, I love this aspect of the job.
Excellent
ARMED DRIVER/GUARD (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13206April 3, 2018
Good job good training team job, all employees must have good credit, no criminal record, no mental institutions, 47 firearms training safety certifications
Very productive job place
Cash vault employer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 2, 2018
It just need to be clean up the building old. Feel like dont have team at times. It take up all your time if you have kids its not a good job. I worked in the vault and if its not done you cant leave. Its very stressful at times.
Pros
30 mins had to clock out
Cons
Great benefits
You will wear a weapon for a reason
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2018
Some people don't fully realize that this is a dangerous job. You will be required to wear a weapon for a reason: to protect your life. Outside of that, the work wasn't too bad with plenty of overtime if you want it.
Pros
Pay, overtime
Cons
Dangerous
Good working environment
Cash Logistics Preocessor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 30, 2018
Fast paced and stressful. I learned how to process customer deposits. Service automated teller machines and communicate with customers. Management was great. Accountability and keeping track of all the currency being processed. Enjoyed every part of the job regardless of how stressful it would be.
Pros
Carrying a firearm
Cons
Working inside the base
Id never work for this company again
Messenger (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 30, 2018
The management was horrible. Played favorites and was always flirting with the girls. Worked 12+ hours a day and was never compensated correctly. You're better off working at Meijer.
A strange company
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 30, 2018
I would not recommend working at Brinks unless you are a mindless automaton. They relocated me from 1,000 miles away, paid moving expenses, and a week after I got my family relocated they eliminated my job.
Pros
Cons
really dumb management
If you have a positive attitude - you will do well
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 28, 2018
Log in - check your queue for work to start your day. Work your queue. Make any necessary phone calls. Enter data in computer. Research information.
Management will mostly leave you on your own, which is great if you are self motivated. You can usually find a manager to help if you need assistance. Most employees are friendly - though there are some that just want to talk all day or play on the internet. It was frustrating that management couldn't seem to correct this. There are some employees that just loved to run the company in the ground - there was no need for that. . Loved coming in early and leaving early. No problem working over if I needed to catch up.
Pros
Good insurance - Decent Pay - Weekends off - Holidays off - Time and a half OT
Cons
Co workers that didn't work and just talked all day.
A place to work if needed
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 27, 2018
Brinks is a place to work if needed but management does not have a clue about anything. Layoffs are done periodically, if you get a raise they are few and far between so make sure your starting salary allows for that. When layoffs are done the most experience people are let go and more work is left for you to do but no pay increase. If new associates are hired, you are expected to do your job and train the new associates. Benefits are ok, 401k is little to none. I think they match 1.5% now but when I started over 10 years ago it was wonderful. I would not recommend this place to an enemy and definitely not a friend. But if you are looking for a place to work join at your own risk.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
high volumes, expect perfection, but management can't give direction.
I had good and bad moments working with Brinks
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 27, 2018
As of 2016-2017 the company kept making dramatic changes which lead to the laid-off of a big group of people who worked for the support of Latin-America financial operations. I had a great manager who was taking care of us, but he decided to leave also and the the whole group was dismantled and or replaced.

All and all the company is a great place, just not very stable environment, at leas not in Florida.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Very unstable environment
Not for the faint of heart
Cash Logistics Processor (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 25, 2018
Here's the deal. Your job is part of a team. Your position is dependent on everyone doing their job, doing it well, and doing it efficiently. Does that actually happen on a daily basis? Nope. Not by a long shot. There's at least one thing that goes wrong EVERY DAY that leads to 10+plus hours trying to get your own job finished so you can go home. Because that's the deal. You stay until the work is done. The pay is not worth the stress and the responsibility of carrying a weapon and guarding millions of dollars.
Pros
The vault is a safe and armed place in case of zombie apocalypse.
Cons
No work-life balance, unrealistic expectations.
Good place to work. Good, honest people to work with.
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, Mo.March 25, 2018
This is a position wherein security is of the utmost importance. Not only are you responsible for the security of the product being moved, your life, as well as that of your coworkers are always at risk. It is a job where it's alright to take pride in what you're doing. You are providing a valuable service and your attention to detail will allow your friends to go home to their families every night at the end of the shift. This could be a very stressful job, but the people you work with maintain a professionalism that helps remove the stress because you know everything is being done to ensure your safety and theirs.
Pros
Proffessional coworkers.
Cons
Smoking policies. No advancement opportunities for my position, however, I knew that going in.
Dont waste your time
Teller (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2018
It's bad when the supervisors never listen to you and always listen to the manager of the dept. Played favorites....... Made you feel worthless. Never would give you a raise.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Lack of management, always had to watch your back
Love this job
Data entry and dispatch (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 24, 2018
This was my favorite job. I wish I could get a job just like this again. I love the office job. Data entry. I loved the people that works there. I would love to get back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brink's Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.