Brink's Incorporated

Brink's Incorporated Employee Reviews

United States1,848 reviews
Found 1,848 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Brink's Incorporated selected this as a representative review
I loved my job at Brinks
Brinks was probably my favorite job ive ever held down. management was nice crew was chill. days go by stops and not just solely off hours. recommend this job to people who work alone
Decent job
Pay is terrible for the risk. Trucks are terrible. No opportunity for advancement. Brinks doesn't care about customers. Office and management are a joke. Several times I've had paperwork or files or other things messed up,lost, or just done plain wrong. It's a disaster.
Terrible branch manager
Terrible branch manager. Severely unprofessional environment. Harassment and discrimination liability. Co workers very mean and petty. Rules not enforced and many good employees left due to the unfairness, people running wild in what is supposed to be a secure and armed environment.
Terrible place to work
I worked for Brinks, because I thought it sounded like a cool job. It was actually one of the worst places I've ever worked. The manager and a couple supervisors were sleeping with employees, and giving those employees special benefits (such as the shortest routes and weekends off). A typical day, was about 60 stops (I had as many as 80 in one day). The company uses a loophole that allows them to not pay for more than 5 hours of OT.
Pros
You get to carry a gun
Cons
Never done in 8 hours, you are scammed out of your OT money, poor pay, terrible management, no advancement
They will feed you
Micro manage to much all they care about is numbers numbers not employees and how they feel. It’s not what it’s cracked up to be. Try applying at ADT.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
It’s okay
It’s not the worst job I’ve ever had, definitely far from the best. The pay is terrible for the amount of responsibility you’re given. Sometimes the schedules can be really tight and timelines demanding. Not to mention there’s always the chance of something dangerous happening. Expect long hours some what frequently. I averaged 50ish a week. The job isn’t terrible if your management isn’t a bunch of bone heads like mine was Pay sucks
Run away from sd brinks
NEPOTISM. No respect, horrible compensation and little to no opportunities for advancements, no respectable raises, and favoritism. Management is an embarrassment, they are a horrific cult of inconsiderate miscreants.
Not a bad place, just the pay sucks.
Not a bad place to work, alot of responsiblity and requires you to have a swivel head, always on alert. Have to carry gun and wear vest for protection. Pay sucks for the amount of responsiblity you have on a daily basis. Supervisors are good and willing to work with you, the Trainer is not that good, very full of themselves.
Dont GO
This was a bad place. They are way behind the times on everything. I would not go back if they were the last job on earth. Cold call after cold call afetr cold call
Used to be good
Back in the day it was a good place to work. Not so much anymore. Unfair management . Benefits are ok . Hours are different each day and you get home at different times
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Everything else
Brink's has treated me fairly
Brink's is an innovative company with main focus on stock holder value. Overall all they treat everyone fairly and promote a culture of inclusiveness and diversity. Definitely appreciate working for Brinks.
The job is nice, pay TERRIBLE
I enjoyed my time there but if you are looking to make money... forget about it. They will only pay for 10 hours of overtime then it goes back to straight time. Great job if you live with your parents
Worst place to work
This is the worst place to work for. The management sucks. The job itself is easy. You get paid 12 dollars on a truck delivering money to commercial stops. Raise is like 2 cent every year.
Fair job, but under paid
The job is ok enough, but for the compensation it is a relatively difficult and dangerous job with a lack of training. Managers are understanding enough but, because of the lack of training there is always a sense of failure to the job.
You get experience working with someone else
Working for brinks security get to meet people and get experience in the field working with manger and staff go well everyone gets to work on time management have a lot of meeting
To be a Messenger, you need to be a Grunt.
This job is not for everyone, long days (COVID has taken a lot of work off for right now though, but when it passes, it's over, 15+ hour days for at least a month if not more to catch up) This job (speaking for the road crew) is geared more for a single young man. You will sweat, especially during the summer (sometimes the AC don't work when it's 90+ degrees outside and you got 150+ boxes of coin to deliver and pick up through your run, a box of quarters weighing 25 lbs and a full bag of quarters weighing 50 lbs, i've come out of banks with 30+ bags of quarters before) It's a high risk job, people are nut's today. Always have to watch your back. If you have a family that you want to be at home with by 5 everyday look elsewhere. I've done 90 hours in one week (more than a few times) average of 55-70 and 80 isn't uncommon. I'm typing this to give people a general idea so they can decide if this is the right path for them. This job is not as a easy (it doesn't require you to be a genius) as people may think. Brinks itself is just like any other major corporation, it's all about the shareholders and executives making six figures a year. We are simply numbers, if you die on route they will have someone to replace your a** within a week and forget you even existed. I've been here for nearly four years, i've seen my share of stuff with this company. Now, if you're still reading, then let me list the positives (because it's not all bad) Road crews tend to form a strong relationship with each other (not all, but I'm speaking for mine, we've been rolling together for years, a tiny branch, - more...
Pros
The element of danger, responsibility, life skills and it looks great on your resume. Developing relationships with your crew members, this crew is family.
Cons
Very hard to have a personal life outside of work, long hours (that's a double edge sword) and no matter what, the work is dangerous (another double edge sword) this job is not for the faint of heart.
wouldn't recommend
Not a career. Big wigs are greedy. Constantly making changes to keep money in their pockets. Work hard and your life is in danger every day but get paid less than your local FedEx driver. And if you get robbed consider yourself jobless.
productive and fast pacing work place
great experience wake up put your uniform on with your duty firearm on your side delivering and picking up currency from different business. management was great. the hardest part of my job was finding the right way to do the job in a safe and fast pacing.the most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship with customers you gain with them
Pros
the company will help you get your act-235
Cons
low pay
great job with security focused
This job can be much at times but it is very rewarding especially if you want to get in security or have dreams of being a police officer. Being able to help with assisting delivering money and picking up money from the customers that need us and count on us to deliver our services.
Constant learning opportunities
Many opportunities to advance. There's always something to do in the company. Great for experience and resume building. Company deeply values employees
Pros
Pay and hours
Current Branch Manager
Our current Branch Manager really cares about the employees. He has been with us since 2016. Prior to that, we had no consistency, because we had a new Branch Manager every year.
Pros
Management cares
Cons
Pay is not the best
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brink's Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Brink's Incorporated.