Brinks Home Security™ Employee Reviews

Sales environment corrupted
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 29, 2018
Probably sound like a whining sales rep, but favoritism is on a wholesale level targeted for a certain people group in call centers in the midwest and against the call center in Dallas. Creative but dishonest tier system constructed to create and maintain the tier system such that the favored get leads better qualified by the "qualifiers" and others get the rest. Notified managers who, like me, have notified HR. No progress yet.
I'm thankful to be working here
Activation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSOctober 8, 2018
I love working at Brinks Home Security. I'm currently a Tier 1 Activations Specialist and out of all the jobs I've held so far, this is the best.
To start on a company level, the company really cares.
Fully stocked break rooms, a wonderful benefit package and additional add-ins, and very reasonable start pay. The dress code is business casual but very relaxed. Dress like they're paying you to work there and you will be fine.

To move down towards the location I work at-
Great rec room, games and rewards held by various departments, lots of big comfy bean bags spread around the office, very supportive and caring management who are happy to help and are understanding that we all have lives outside of work. Management can truly make or break any job. I no longer sit in my car in the parking lot before work and think to myself "Is it worth going in?" Our location also offers free access to a fitness room. Employees also get a discounted security system which I intend to take advantage of shortly as well. You're encouraged to leave your desk and relax on your breaks and lunch. You also can expect frequent coaching both via group format and one-on-one sessions. This is a company I plan to grow with and stay in for a very long time.
Pros
Fully stocked break rooms, breaks and long lunches, AMAZING management, fitness center access, coaching, support on multiple levels, great benefits
Cons
You may not get breaks on super busy days, time punctuality is a big deal which some can't handle, it's hard to get your shift time changed
Stressful job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Farmers BranchOctober 6, 2018
At the beginning it was ok but Once a new management member got into the team the environment change it turned out to be stressful. They make us do a a lot work when other departments can handle such as cancellations,contract negotiation and troubleshooting.They always be adding additional stuff into our job list but they want to pay more.
Pros
Free food every holiday
Cons
Low pay, favoritism
Done with this place, make you believe their employees are important but in reality they don’t care.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 6, 2018
Horrible experience, low pay while handling many things from different departments. Management is poor, current manager thinks things done her way are fixing things and in reality a lot of people are leaving due to many changes. There’s a lot of favoritism as well.
Pros
Paid time off if hours available.
Great company
EXECUTIVE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Great company to work for, I love the work culture. Constantly changing environment but the change is for the best. The company is focused on creating value for its stakeholders
Outdated Corporate Atmosphere
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2018
This should be a fantastic place to work but there's a large disconnect between the executive level and the rest of the company. The organizational structure is very vertical with a tight grip on the reigns up top and hard work is rarely recognized or valued. The work culture desperately needs help from stronger leadership. There really are a ton of fantastic leaders but they're not able to change anything until there's a mental shift in the way we operate.
fun competitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, KSAugust 22, 2018
for the most part it was quite enjoyable. sometimes i did have that bad manager but we always have that one person who makes your life a bit hard. the one thing that was hard to get was a break.
Pros
free lunch and coffee
Cons
not enough breaks
Good Company
Financial Analyst - Collections (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 22, 2018
As long as you're not in the call center it's a god company to work for with medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacation and sick paid time off. Career path development and tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Managers
Cons
Cost of healthcare
Atmosphere
Regional Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2018
Brinks is a friendly atmosphere with great employees. They offer a good product and the services delivered are top notch. They have specific goals targeted that they are looking to achieve.
nice job
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAAugust 14, 2018
It was outside sales to company generated appointments. Lots of downtime, which could be used productively a ton of different ways. The driving was awful.
Pros
Providing peace of mine
Cons
Traffic
Awesome
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 9, 2018
Awesome place to work just the pay not worth it ! Everyone wonderful and help full great training , you can come from anywhere and by the end of training know what you are doing
Really good place to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 5, 2018
Brinks is an awesome place with a great culture.
They have very flexible schedules, great employee benefits and appreciation events.
Great advancement opportunities as well as lateral moves within the company.
Good salry opportunities and incentive events for extra income.
Great place to work.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJuly 23, 2018
Loved working there. I would go back if I was asked. Been with the company 5years. Geat people who worked at the office. If you follow directions and rules it will get you far. I would go back .
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
can be fun if you are making sales
Senior Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 19, 2018
if you are getting good leads you can make a lot of money, but leads are based on when the company wants to advertise. The people that work there are fun and friendly.
Pros
People are great.
Cons
everything depends on number of sales.
Was once great
Worker (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 30, 2018
Was great a year ago, not sure what happened.
Losing money as a company
Under paid, favoritism, management is terrible
Stacking more work on current employees so they don't have to hire more people yet not paying them more
Terrible for customers
Hiring freezes in most departments
Under staffed so the call q is always super high
The culture has completely changed, nothing seperates this place any other call center now.
Loads of political drama, better hope you're liked.
Good luck , this place is a sinking ship as of now.
Pros
You can make some great friends, experience for a better job.
Cons
Under paid, political management, poor management, no advancement.
Very Stressful
Customer Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 24, 2018
Inbound call center very stressful. Lots of politics and joking for positions. A lot of back stabbing. Not a place for the older worker.Customer service sucks
A stressful workplace
Messenger (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 9, 2018
Its a very face pace job.
Management just makes it hard for you.
I love my job here though,its just the team around me.
I feel everyone is suppose to work together to get ahead not in competition to.
Good place to work at
Customer Tech-Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2018
While I worked at Monitronics I learned skills that I had not learned in the past. Processing payments, opening new accounts, claims, testing alarm system, and data entry were some of them. There, it was a fast paced environment on busy days but when not busy it was calm. Goals were to be met bi-weekly. The culture there was good and everyone got a long with one another. One of the hardest parts was learning the new software but with time I got the hang of it. I enjoyed those responsibilities given to me because it made the days go by fast and I also enjoyed working alongside my coworkers too.
Pros
multiple breaks
Cons
no raises
Save your time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 31, 2018
This company was bought out and had the name changed to avoid the bad reviews that would follow it. The management is a joke unless you happen to be in the clique. No job security and lots of turn over.
Pros
Free lunch of tuesdays
Cons
no work life balance
Great company parties
Survey Agent (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXMay 29, 2018
Place was decent to work. Management was difficult and annoying. but the company parties and get together was fun to attend. Training could have been better.
Pros
great company parties
Cons
managment is rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brinks Home Security™. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight