Brinks Home Security™ Employee Reviews

Security that workes by individuals
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Naisbitt, UTMarch 16, 2019
Brinks security is a company working with individuals, and nepotism,the firm does not have time here its employees,payment is also aproblem to be released to wokers
Disorganized and Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 6, 2019
Once LiveWatch and Moni rebranded to Brinks, it was a nightmare. There was no communication between the offices or departments; once it became more corporate the employees did not matter. They would change your schedule or procedures with little communication, and their open door policy is a joke. No one takes your issues or concerns seriously. All the additional perks (stocked break rooms, water, coffee and company lunches/holiday party) were taken away without notice and it made the work environment less than stellar. The high management kept changing and all you got was a simple email. The job duties and responsibilities increased and the pay did not. The benefits that you do have, that you have to pay for, is not worth the disrespect and drama you have to endure to receive it.
Pros
Co workers, benefits
Cons
Favoritism, drama, low salary, lack of organization
Decent work place but wait till you get more involved.
Customer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 6, 2019
My experience may be a little different then most so take it with a grain of salt, I had good experiences and bad experiences there, I worked in the tech support department, easy enough job. I came in and fixed systems all day and dealt with the average irate customer, no big deal, my main issues were with the management above the sups. At first the culture there was lively and fun. After a couple of months in my first manager was fired and replaced with someone else in the company that didn't come from the tech support department. Soon the fun culture that was there was gone and replaced with just a general feeling of "come in, do your job, get paid, go home". It became not fun to work there anymore, and while the company did a lot of stuff to make the overall company a joy to work for, that just never trickled down into the culture for tech support. Then after getting moved to a new sup on a shift bid, they fired that person before they could take over a team and I had no supervision, no coaching, no one to report to for months until I got assigned to a new sup, then that person left for another job, followed by that lead who then in turn quit as well. During this time I tried to move around the company to another position (I was becoming quite bored of fixing systems) and even though my stats were very high and I was reliable, I never even got a side by side or an interview or even an explanation of why i wasn't getting a chance. (Even after being one of the first agents to do chat support in addition to my on the phone tech support) Other people around me were moving but  more... I was always blocked by a sup, a manager or just getting no response or explanation. Then i got moved to a wonderful sup, who worked with me and my schedule when my music started to take off a little bit. Only to be fired because of leaving early to pick up my son and wife a couple times when they were very sick. I would say brinks is a good company to work for, i just happened to have a mostly negative experience there.  less
Pros
Free lunches a lot of the time, restaurant on site, time goes by fast
Cons
bored culture, almost disinterested.
Terrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 15, 2019
I worked at Brinks for a little over a year. Everything is great at first but many clicks in the company. They will use and abuse you. Lied to often as well by higher ups.
Work under children who do nothing all day but talk about everyone else.
Pros
Co workers are great
Cons
Terrible management
Excellent mentors and opportunity for learning
Holback Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Loved the executive staff and their willingness to assist in your knowledge growth. The culture went many directions in my time with the company but it was not always adhered to accross the company.
Pros
benefits, leadership
Cons
stressful, long hours
Productive & fun workplace with ping pong tables, video games & free lunches some days
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 11, 2019
I liked working for monitronics. They did many fun things and created friendly competition among employees for sales and leads with great incentives to be the top sales for the day...... Brinks was our competition when I worked there. Now they own the company..... They were
Brinks Review
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Overall for me I have had better experiences with jobs. I didn't particularly care for this job simply because of lack of management and the lack of pay. Also there is no set hours or schedule
Smh
Moves/Relocations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 4, 2019
I really don't have enough space to describe the mess in the relocation and New Owner Takeover Department. It is sad to see that One whole department needs a babysitter.
Pros
There was off days from the place
Cons
working in the department is like high school drama
Change in management
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXDecember 17, 2018
It's always been a stressful job because you have to deal with a lot of older customers that don't know anything about technology, but it was doable because of the lovely people that work there. However, after some changes in management and a re-branding from MONI to Brinks Home Security the place went downhill fast. It was one bad decision after another. From a hiring freeze at the worst time during re-branding to buying more accounts when our call volume was already incredibly high. Customers were mad most of the time because they had to wait 45-60 minutes before they could reach tech support, and I could understand why they would be so mad. The majority of my time there I had no supervisor because they either got fired, left the company, or changed departments and were not replaced. There is blatant favoritism when it comes to promotions and politics are ridiculous. Morale was at an all time low when I left. I don't recommend working here anymore.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits, amazing co-workers
Cons
terrible management, favoritism
Sales environment corrupted
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 29, 2018
Probably sound like a whining sales rep, but favoritism is on a wholesale level targeted for a certain people group in call centers in the midwest and against the call center in Dallas. Creative but dishonest tier system constructed to create and maintain the tier system such that the favored get leads better qualified by the "qualifiers" and others get the rest. Notified managers who, like me, have notified HR. No progress yet.
good employee benifits
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 12, 2018
i enjoyed working here in DTS but have since moved on to become a web developer, i went to school at Dev-Mountain for their coding boot camp and graduated in July 2018
I'm thankful to be working here
Activation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSOctober 8, 2018
I love working at Brinks Home Security. I'm currently a Tier 1 Activations Specialist and out of all the jobs I've held so far, this is the best.
To start on a company level, the company really cares.
Fully stocked break rooms, a wonderful benefit package and additional add-ins, and very reasonable start pay. The dress code is business casual but very relaxed. Dress like they're paying you to work there and you will be fine.

To move down towards the location I work at-
Great rec room, games and rewards held by various departments, lots of big comfy bean bags spread around the office, very supportive and caring management who are happy to help and are understanding that we all have lives outside of work. Management can truly make or break any job. I no longer sit in my car in the parking lot before work and think to myself "Is it worth going in?" Our location also offers free access to a fitness room. Employees also get a discounted security system which I intend to take advantage of shortly as well. You're encouraged to leave your desk and relax on your breaks and lunch. You also can expect frequent coaching both via group format and one-on-one sessions. This is a company I plan to grow with and stay in for a very long time.
Pros
Fully stocked break rooms, breaks and long lunches, AMAZING management, fitness center access, coaching, support on multiple levels, great benefits
Cons
You may not get breaks on super busy days, time punctuality is a big deal which some can't handle, it's hard to get your shift time changed
Stressful job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Farmers BranchOctober 6, 2018
At the beginning it was ok but Once a new management member got into the team the environment change it turned out to be stressful. They make us do a a lot work when other departments can handle such as cancellations,contract negotiation and troubleshooting.They always be adding additional stuff into our job list but they want to pay more.
Pros
Free food every holiday
Cons
Low pay, favoritism
Done with this place, make you believe their employees are important but in reality they don’t care.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 6, 2018
Horrible experience, low pay while handling many things from different departments. Management is poor, current manager thinks things done her way are fixing things and in reality a lot of people are leaving due to many changes. There’s a lot of favoritism as well.
Pros
Paid time off if hours available.
Great company
EXECUTIVE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Great company to work for, I love the work culture. Constantly changing environment but the change is for the best. The company is focused on creating value for its stakeholders
Outdated Corporate Atmosphere
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2018
This should be a fantastic place to work but there's a large disconnect between the executive level and the rest of the company. The organizational structure is very vertical with a tight grip on the reigns up top and hard work is rarely recognized or valued. The work culture desperately needs help from stronger leadership. There really are a ton of fantastic leaders but they're not able to change anything until there's a mental shift in the way we operate.
fun competitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, KSAugust 22, 2018
for the most part it was quite enjoyable. sometimes i did have that bad manager but we always have that one person who makes your life a bit hard. the one thing that was hard to get was a break.
Pros
free lunch and coffee
Cons
not enough breaks
Good Company
Financial Analyst - Collections (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 22, 2018
As long as you're not in the call center it's a god company to work for with medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacation and sick paid time off. Career path development and tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Managers
Cons
Cost of healthcare
Atmosphere
Regional Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2018
Brinks is a friendly atmosphere with great employees. They offer a good product and the services delivered are top notch. They have specific goals targeted that they are looking to achieve.
nice job
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAAugust 14, 2018
It was outside sales to company generated appointments. Lots of downtime, which could be used productively a ton of different ways. The driving was awful.
Pros
Providing peace of mine
Cons
Traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brinks Home Security™. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight