Brinks Home Security™ Culture reviews

Decent work place but wait till you get more involved.
Customer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 6, 2019
My experience may be a little different then most so take it with a grain of salt, I had good experiences and bad experiences there, I worked in the tech support department, easy enough job. I came in and fixed systems all day and dealt with the average irate customer, no big deal, my main issues were with the management above the sups. At first the culture there was lively and fun. After a couple of months in my first manager was fired and replaced with someone else in the company that didn't come from the tech support department. Soon the fun culture that was there was gone and replaced with just a general feeling of "come in, do your job, get paid, go home". It became not fun to work there anymore, and while the company did a lot of stuff to make the overall company a joy to work for, that just never trickled down into the culture for tech support. Then after getting moved to a new sup on a shift bid, they fired that person before they could take over a team and I had no supervision, no coaching, no one to report to for months until I got assigned to a new sup, then that person left for another job, followed by that lead who then in turn quit as well. During this time I tried to move around the company to another position (I was becoming quite bored of fixing systems) and even though my stats were very high and I was reliable, I never even got a side by side or an interview or even an explanation of why i wasn't getting a chance. (Even after being one of the first agents to do chat support in addition to my on the phone tech support) Other people around me were moving but  more... I was always blocked by a sup, a manager or just getting no response or explanation. Then i got moved to a wonderful sup, who worked with me and my schedule when my music started to take off a little bit. Only to be fired because of leaving early to pick up my son and wife a couple times when they were very sick. I would say brinks is a good company to work for, i just happened to have a mostly negative experience there.  less
Pros
Free lunches a lot of the time, restaurant on site, time goes by fast
Cons
bored culture, almost disinterested.
fun cooperative environment,
Inside Sales rep (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXFebruary 25, 2019
fun is had with team but work comes first, high energy work place that's about its buisness but knows how to have fun too, at least before the changes
Excellent mentors and opportunity for learning
Holback Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Loved the executive staff and their willingness to assist in your knowledge growth. The culture went many directions in my time with the company but it was not always adhered to accross the company.
Pros
benefits, leadership
Cons
stressful, long hours
Change in management
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXDecember 17, 2018
It's always been a stressful job because you have to deal with a lot of older customers that don't know anything about technology, but it was doable because of the lovely people that work there. However, after some changes in management and a re-branding from MONI to Brinks Home Security the place went downhill fast. It was one bad decision after another. From a hiring freeze at the worst time during re-branding to buying more accounts when our call volume was already incredibly high. Customers were mad most of the time because they had to wait 45-60 minutes before they could reach tech support, and I could understand why they would be so mad. The majority of my time there I had no supervisor because they either got fired, left the company, or changed departments and were not replaced. There is blatant favoritism when it comes to promotions and politics are ridiculous. Morale was at an all time low when I left. I don't recommend working here anymore.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits, amazing co-workers
Cons
terrible management, favoritism
Great company
EXECUTIVE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Great company to work for, I love the work culture. Constantly changing environment but the change is for the best. The company is focused on creating value for its stakeholders
Outdated Corporate Atmosphere
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2018
This should be a fantastic place to work but there's a large disconnect between the executive level and the rest of the company. The organizational structure is very vertical with a tight grip on the reigns up top and hard work is rarely recognized or valued. The work culture desperately needs help from stronger leadership. There really are a ton of fantastic leaders but they're not able to change anything until there's a mental shift in the way we operate.
Awesome
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 9, 2018
Awesome place to work just the pay not worth it ! Everyone wonderful and help full great training , you can come from anywhere and by the end of training know what you are doing
Really good place to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 5, 2018
Brinks is an awesome place with a great culture.
They have very flexible schedules, great employee benefits and appreciation events.
Great advancement opportunities as well as lateral moves within the company.
Good salry opportunities and incentive events for extra income.
Was once great
Worker (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 30, 2018
Was great a year ago, not sure what happened.
Losing money as a company
Under paid, favoritism, management is terrible
Stacking more work on current employees so they don't have to hire more people yet not paying them more
Terrible for customers
Hiring freezes in most departments
Under staffed so the call q is always super high
The culture has completely changed, nothing seperates this place any other call center now.
Loads of political drama, better hope you're liked.
Good luck , this place is a sinking ship as of now.
Pros
You can make some great friends, experience for a better job.
Cons
Under paid, political management, poor management, no advancement.
Very Stressful
Customer Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 24, 2018
Inbound call center very stressful. Lots of politics and joking for positions. A lot of back stabbing. Not a place for the older worker.Customer service sucks
Good place to work at
Customer Tech-Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2018
While I worked at Monitronics I learned skills that I had not learned in the past. Processing payments, opening new accounts, claims, testing alarm system, and data entry were some of them. There, it was a fast paced environment on busy days but when not busy it was calm. Goals were to be met bi-weekly. The culture there was good and everyone got a long with one another. One of the hardest parts was learning the new software but with time I got the hang of it. I enjoyed those responsibilities given to me because it made the days go by fast and I also enjoyed working alongside my coworkers too.
Pros
multiple breaks
Cons
no raises
Great company parties
Survey Agent (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXMay 29, 2018
Place was decent to work. Management was difficult and annoying. but the company parties and get together was fun to attend. Training could have been better.
Pros
great company parties
Cons
managment is rude
Great Job
Level 1 Sec. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
The job was quite satisfactory. The money is great, the leads are excellent. The managing team are from sales themselves. Grown and combed into management. That says a lot about the company.
Evanston brach needs work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 17, 2018
Evanston branch needs alot if work have been trying to climb the corporate ladder but all it is is politics. They say they are hiring more people but they never get emails or calls back for interviews making us work those longer hours in a very demanding and competitive field.
i like it here
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 26, 2018
i am new here but this place is great it has a gym and a cafe i over all do like it here and think this is the best place i have work so far the job is ok
Good
CUSTOMER TECH SUPPORT AGGENT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2018
This is a alright job to work at good people and customers can be difficult but it is okay of you are able to be mi dful and have lots of patience. It has been a great experience
great place to work
Customer Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Farmers Brnch, TXFebruary 26, 2018
very friendly people, and also very family oriented. supervisors are all nice and informal as well. I always looked forward to working whether its talking to customers or engaging with my peers.
I love working for Moni
Customer Tech Support On-Boarding Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2018
This is a great company to work for. The department I supervise in is like a big family. Everyone is willing to help each other and we all work as one team.
Good enviorment
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2018
- I would go in and get my day started by logging into the computer and clocking in. I would log into MAS and start getting into Auto-Feed to take alarms.
- I learned a lot from my peers and management team.
- Management team was great.
- Workplace culture was family oriented.
- Nothing was hard at the job, it is very simple.
- Being able to help people in need.
Fast- paced, fun place to work
Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, KSFebruary 11, 2018
Not cut-throat, but fast paced. Great training available, but management can be a bit micro-managing. Stressful at times, difficult to know what to expect as far as lead quality. No cold calling.
Pros
No cold calling, bonuses.
Cons
Micro- managing leadership, taken over by another company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brinks Home Security™. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight