Brinks Home Security™ Management reviews

Productive and fun workplace. Cool people.
Alarm Salesman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2019
If your tired of dealing with fake corporate jerks, and want to make more money than most of them. Work as an alarm Salesman for Brinks or a good dealer. The "catch" is you have to be willing to deal with people who get mad at you just because your a stranger and you knocked on their door. You have to be mentally tough. This is not the place for snowflake pansies. You also have to be good at your job or you will eventually sink. Maiking 100k a year is not that difficult in a job like this. You don't have to have degrees. You have to have a natural ability that academia will never be able to help you with. Good luck out there.
Pros
Pay, work/life balance, management, development, cool people
Cons
Commission only.
Fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 19, 2019
This was a great job. The managment is excellent. A high ammount of paid training. Detailed. They really make sure you know and are confterble with training before putting you on the phone. I highly recommend this job.
Pros
Employee discounts, great management
Cons
None.
Disorganized and Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 6, 2019
Once LiveWatch and Moni rebranded to Brinks, it was a nightmare. There was no communication between the offices or departments; once it became more corporate the employees did not matter. They would change your schedule or procedures with little communication, and their open door policy is a joke. No one takes your issues or concerns seriously. All the additional perks (stocked break rooms, water, coffee and company lunches/holiday party) were taken away without notice and it made the work environment less than stellar. The high management kept changing and all you got was a simple email. The job duties and responsibilities increased and the pay did not. The benefits that you do have, that you have to pay for, is not worth the disrespect and drama you have to endure to receive it.
Pros
Co workers, benefits
Cons
Favoritism, drama, low salary, lack of organization
Decent work place but wait till you get more involved.
Customer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 6, 2019
My experience may be a little different then most so take it with a grain of salt, I had good experiences and bad experiences there, I worked in the tech support department, easy enough job. I came in and fixed systems all day and dealt with the average irate customer, no big deal, my main issues were with the management above the sups. At first the culture there was lively and fun. After a couple of months in my first manager was fired and replaced with someone else in the company that didn't come from the tech support department. Soon the fun culture that was there was gone and replaced with just a general feeling of "come in, do your job, get paid, go home". It became not fun to work there anymore, and while the company did a lot of stuff to make the overall company a joy to work for, that just never trickled down into the culture for tech support. Then after getting moved to a new sup on a shift bid, they fired that person before they could take over a team and I had no supervision, no coaching, no one to report to for months until I got assigned to a new sup, then that person left for another job, followed by that lead who then in turn quit as well. During this time I tried to move around the company to another position (I was becoming quite bored of fixing systems) and even though my stats were very high and I was reliable, I never even got a side by side or an interview or even an explanation of why i wasn't getting a chance. (Even after being one of the first agents to do chat support in addition to my on the phone tech support) Other people around me were moving but  more... I was always blocked by a sup, a manager or just getting no response or explanation. Then i got moved to a wonderful sup, who worked with me and my schedule when my music started to take off a little bit. Only to be fired because of leaving early to pick up my son and wife a couple times when they were very sick. I would say brinks is a good company to work for, i just happened to have a mostly negative experience there.  less
Pros
Free lunches a lot of the time, restaurant on site, time goes by fast
Cons
bored culture, almost disinterested.
Terrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 15, 2019
I worked at Brinks for a little over a year. Everything is great at first but many clicks in the company. They will use and abuse you. Lied to often as well by higher ups.
Work under children who do nothing all day but talk about everyone else.
Pros
Co workers are great
Cons
Terrible management
Brinks Review
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Overall for me I have had better experiences with jobs. I didn't particularly care for this job simply because of lack of management and the lack of pay. Also there is no set hours or schedule
Smh
Moves/Relocations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 4, 2019
I really don't have enough space to describe the mess in the relocation and New Owner Takeover Department. It is sad to see that One whole department needs a babysitter.
Pros
There was off days from the place
Cons
working in the department is like high school drama
Change in management
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXDecember 17, 2018
It's always been a stressful job because you have to deal with a lot of older customers that don't know anything about technology, but it was doable because of the lovely people that work there. However, after some changes in management and a re-branding from MONI to Brinks Home Security the place went downhill fast. It was one bad decision after another. From a hiring freeze at the worst time during re-branding to buying more accounts when our call volume was already incredibly high. Customers were mad most of the time because they had to wait 45-60 minutes before they could reach tech support, and I could understand why they would be so mad. The majority of my time there I had no supervisor because they either got fired, left the company, or changed departments and were not replaced. There is blatant favoritism when it comes to promotions and politics are ridiculous. Morale was at an all time low when I left. I don't recommend working here anymore.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits, amazing co-workers
Cons
terrible management, favoritism
I'm thankful to be working here
Activation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSOctober 8, 2018
I love working at Brinks Home Security. I'm currently a Tier 1 Activations Specialist and out of all the jobs I've held so far, this is the best.
To start on a company level, the company really cares.
Fully stocked break rooms, a wonderful benefit package and additional add-ins, and very reasonable start pay. The dress code is business casual but very relaxed. Dress like they're paying you to work there and you will be fine.

To move down towards the location I work at-
Great rec room, games and rewards held by various departments, lots of big comfy bean bags spread around the office, very supportive and caring management who are happy to help and are understanding that we all have lives outside of work. Management can truly make or break any job. I no longer sit in my car in the parking lot before work and think to myself "Is it worth going in?" Our location also offers free access to a fitness room. Employees also get a discounted security system which I intend to take advantage of shortly as well. You're encouraged to leave your desk and relax on your breaks and lunch. You also can expect frequent coaching both via group format and one-on-one sessions. This is a company I plan to grow with and stay in for a very long time.
Pros
Fully stocked break rooms, breaks and long lunches, AMAZING management, fitness center access, coaching, support on multiple levels, great benefits
Cons
You may not get breaks on super busy days, time punctuality is a big deal which some can't handle, it's hard to get your shift time changed
Stressful job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Farmers BranchOctober 6, 2018
At the beginning it was ok but Once a new management member got into the team the environment change it turned out to be stressful. They make us do a a lot work when other departments can handle such as cancellations,contract negotiation and troubleshooting.They always be adding additional stuff into our job list but they want to pay more.
Pros
Free food every holiday
Cons
Low pay, favoritism
Done with this place, make you believe their employees are important but in reality they don’t care.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXOctober 6, 2018
Horrible experience, low pay while handling many things from different departments. Management is poor, current manager thinks things done her way are fixing things and in reality a lot of people are leaving due to many changes. There’s a lot of favoritism as well.
Pros
Paid time off if hours available.
Outdated Corporate Atmosphere
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2018
This should be a fantastic place to work but there's a large disconnect between the executive level and the rest of the company. The organizational structure is very vertical with a tight grip on the reigns up top and hard work is rarely recognized or valued. The work culture desperately needs help from stronger leadership. There really are a ton of fantastic leaders but they're not able to change anything until there's a mental shift in the way we operate.
Great place to work.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJuly 23, 2018
Loved working there. I would go back if I was asked. Been with the company 5years. Geat people who worked at the office. If you follow directions and rules it will get you far. I would go back .
Pros
Good Benefits
Was once great
Worker (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 30, 2018
Was great a year ago, not sure what happened.
Losing money as a company
Under paid, favoritism, management is terrible
Stacking more work on current employees so they don't have to hire more people yet not paying them more
Terrible for customers
Hiring freezes in most departments
Under staffed so the call q is always super high
The culture has completely changed, nothing seperates this place any other call center now.
Loads of political drama, better hope you're liked.
Good luck , this place is a sinking ship as of now.
Pros
You can make some great friends, experience for a better job.
Cons
Under paid, political management, poor management, no advancement.
Very Stressful
Customer Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 24, 2018
Inbound call center very stressful. Lots of politics and joking for positions. A lot of back stabbing. Not a place for the older worker.Customer service sucks
A stressful workplace
Messenger (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 9, 2018
Its a very face pace job.
Management just makes it hard for you.
I love my job here though,its just the team around me.
I feel everyone is suppose to work together to get ahead not in competition to.
Save your time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 31, 2018
This company was bought out and had the name changed to avoid the bad reviews that would follow it. The management is a joke unless you happen to be in the clique. No job security and lots of turn over.
Pros
Free lunch of tuesdays
Cons
no work life balance
Great company parties
Survey Agent (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXMay 29, 2018
Place was decent to work. Management was difficult and annoying. but the company parties and get together was fun to attend. Training could have been better.
Pros
great company parties
Cons
managment is rude
Great Job
Level 1 Sec. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
The job was quite satisfactory. The money is great, the leads are excellent. The managing team are from sales themselves. Grown and combed into management. That says a lot about the company.
It's a good place to work.
Relocations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXApril 26, 2018
Moni is a good place to work but the pay and benefits are not worth the job description. Management could interact more with their employees. Overall I loved working for Moni.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brinks Home Security™. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight