Bristal Assisted Living Employee Reviews

Management and Veteran Staff are Racist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYMay 18, 2019
I really loved my job for the 3 months that I was there, but I felt that I was being targeted all the time. I got written up 3 times within like a month, maybe a month and a half. The majority of the write ups were for things that weren't even my fault. I feel like they were just trying to get rid of me asap, because I was trying so hard and working so hard. I was doing my absolute best, and still it wasn't good enough. I really miss the residents there and SOME of my coworkers were really great and helpful. But the management at East Meadow absolutely needs a whole makeover. They need ALL NEW MANAGEMENT that know how to treat people and staff.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, micromanagement, disrespectful
Don’t work HERE!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYMay 17, 2019
They will work you to death for $ 13.50. They’ll also fire you if your moving to slow for them. They do give free lunch but most of the time it’s NASTY .. my first day working in the Jericho Bristal they gave me a hard turkey sandwich, some of the employees also told me that the cooks gave them raw chicken. When your cleaning the mangers come behind you to make sure everything’s done the right way which is annoying.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very little pay!
Fun place to work
Painter/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  North Hills, NYMay 15, 2019
The bristal is a fun place to work because the residents are appreciative of the work you do.the Christmas party is well done.(food,music bonuses).and bbq the 4th of july
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough staff to perform different tasks
Didnt get a chance
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2019
I think needs more improvement in hiring the right people. More improvement in supervising and making sure employer are doing their job. The place is great, but needs lots of improvement in all the areas to make sure residents are getting their money worth.
Pros
close to home
Cons
thats what i read short breaks
Trash
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYApril 26, 2019
You’re going to do more work than what you paid for & everything is a drag legit for no reason. But if you need the money why not work? I mean jobs aren’t meant to be liked but still
Stay away
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYApril 25, 2019
This was the worst place I have ever worked. Unorganized , unprofessional and if your not friends with Administration or kiss up to them they don’t care about your concerns. They do lots of favoritism . And will work you like a dog. I won’t speak on all bristals but this one needs the ceo to come in and re-evaluate and replace they don’t believe in team work at all. This place will mentally drain you..best part was the residents and some staff..
Pros
The residents are awesome
Cons
Low pay, turnover is a understatement, always short staff, administration
An amazing experience
WAITSTAFF (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYApril 22, 2019
As a part time worker, a typical day for me was about 3 hours. I learned how to function in a high-paced environment where I had a great deal of pressure placed on me as many people were depending on me to give them what they needed. My fellow employees were very kind in helping me adjust to the job and learn how to adjust to my position. The hardest part of the job was probably having to learn who everyone was in such a short period of time, but it was not that hard to manage, as there are tricks to remembering people and becoming a more efficient worker.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
a bit too demanding
Poor place to work. In New Jersey they go through Executive Directors once a year. They’re all micro managers too.
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJMarch 16, 2019
Bristal started off as a great place to work. Team felt like family. Little by little they would pin us against each other. The change of executive directors is ridiculous. Trying to change change policies and procedures all the time. Regional support is a joke as well.
They claim that they want you to move line staff and directors to the next level, that is a lie.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Pay. No room for advancing.
fast paced environment. Multi task is a must. Unfair treatment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Massapequa, NYMarch 7, 2019
Management is horrible. Unfair treatment & some employees are difficult to work with especially because most have attitudes. Some residents require more help then we can give. Majority of them belong in a nursing home. The Bristal is NOT a nursing home but takes in residents who belong more in nursing homes than an assisted living.
Pros
Free lunch, paid time off, benefits, bonuses
Cons
Management is unfair
Bristal Woodcliff NJ
Wait Staff/Server (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJFebruary 12, 2019
In the beginning it was stressful, especially working with elderly people, they tend to be very picky and demanding. There would be times I would be yelled at by residence that had nothing to do with me, such as how the food tasted and how they didn't like it. A lot of going back and forth, waiting on residence to show up or being held up from residence not coming on time. Bosses don't really care, they have that " you can be replace any day type of energy " which I didn't like.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
negative energy
The Environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYJanuary 30, 2019
The Bristal is a business that prides itself on its staff, and with that notion, they take care of them. In my time there they had a week of activities for the employees. That helped to show us that we're appreciated, and motivated us to work harder.
great work environment
Certified Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJJanuary 10, 2019
very fulfiling work environment . great boss . very nice place to work , very clean and it is a caring place. management undestanding and informative
Pros
good communication
needs to improve work culture
weight staff (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJanuary 4, 2019
I appreciated the opportunity to work at the Bristal but the work environment was not the best and could use some improvement. There wasn't much room for advancement.
felt appreciated
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYNovember 25, 2018
Not a bad company worked there a long time ago never had a bad experience enjoyed my time there I remember working there and there was a blizzard and a lot of the staff couldn't come in I made though. but management was nice enough to give us a bonus and serve usa a lunch those who did show up to work in the storm to thank us, they did stuff like that. That's when I was there so I don't know if management has changed but from my experience it was nice working there.
Stressful
Wait Staff - Dining Room (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYNovember 21, 2018
This place is stressful and management will never step up to hear employees. Threatened and belittled on a daily basis. Poor management. Racism!! Different staff from different departments couldn't all get alone and help each other out.
Enjoyable relationships with staff and residents
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYOctober 18, 2018
I enjoyed the relationships that I built with both the residents and staff. One of the perks was one free meal for each 8 hour shift which made for a easy meal on break. No stress of rushing out to grab something and the meals were delish.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Mandatory OT for bad weather
great experience
Wait Staff/Server (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 15, 2018
I personally had a great experience working at the Bristal it was a great environment to work in the residents are sweet and the employees work as a good team. i loved all the festivities i partook in for the holidays and all the staff raffles as well.
Busy
Dining Room Waitress (Former Employee) –  New Hyde ParkAugust 24, 2018
Fast pace job kept me on my feet but I loved the residence that lived there. They were so sweet and made me enjoy my job. In this type of atmosphere you have to be patient and kind. The residence at the bristol sometimes just need a friend to talk to. I made it my duty to make them laugh every single day.
can you spell Willowbrook?
Recreation Leader - Part Time (Former Employee) –  North Hills, NYAugust 16, 2018
every day was stressful because it was sickening to see the nurse's aides yelling their refusal to care for the residents in the supervisors' faces...of course, the whole administration was in denial.
Pros
Cons
everything
i don't remember
Line-cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2018
Was a line cook and a dishwasher for them it was a good job but the pay didn't meet the demands back then when i was working there. Good place though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristal Assisted Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight