Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee Reviews

Found 1,039 reviews matching the search See all 1,469 reviews
not happy
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 16, 2018
• Simultaneously led multiple phase I to IV internally and outsourced clinical trials; specializing in large and small molecular products in over 40 different protocols in 6 therapeutic areas.
• Led $1.5 million process development project for a Product Serialization upgrade to the packaging equipment. Created product tracking application of RFID tags to blister packs to reduce parallel re-importation. Required coordination of multiple technical teams to work simultaneously without interrupting
Only a contract worker
Administrative Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2018
The company is a great place to work for as a whole. I enjoyed it and would love to be asked back. I enjoyed the open work space and the people are just great! The workplace culture and camaraderie make me enjoy going to work each day.
Pros
Workplace culture
Cons
I couldn't stay longer
good work place
Refresh /Desktop Tech (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2018
Nice place to work. Good people. Sunny days bagels every wedsday. Nice people. Good team environment. Nice offices. Nice people. Ping Pong tables. Open office
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
no healthcare
Excellent place to work and excel
SAP Demand Management Implementation Team (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 8, 2018
BMS was supportive company with great workplace culture. They offered advancement from within, learning opportunities, great benefits and community involvement. The hardest part of the job was leaving for better opportunities but the most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues. They are a top notch company with a really great employee talent.
Pros
CEO down communications, Great benefits, Great salaries, Great advancement opportunities
Cons
Projects are tedious, employees can get lost in shuffle, salary range lags a few years
Hard Work-Long Hours
Processing Specialist Upstream Production (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJOctober 7, 2018
The hours are long because the days are unpredictable. You never know when an 8 hour day will turn into a 14 hour day, because 1 thing went wrong. As long as your level is low enough you will get paid overtime for it though.

If you have no social life, no familial obligations then this is the job for you. Otherwise be prepared to go without having that quality time with your loved ones. The site is closing so maybe this will not be the case at other locations, however, due to the type of work, and through speaking with others at other sites, this is pretty much a standard situation.

People are nice, it is a gentleman's club so be prepared for that.
Pros
overtime, people are friendly, good benefits
Cons
long hours, unpredictable, site closure
BMS Review
Executive Associate II (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 2, 2018
Bristol Myers-Squibb was a great company to work for. It offered a great deal of benefit to their employees. In the time that I was at the company, I was able to utilize computer/application skills that I wasn't able to any other companies. Although I used Microsoft products most of the time, in other company, the level of expertise in Excel and Access gave me greater opportunities to formulate and distribute reports quickly.

The company promoted team building as well as discussions to make things better. It encourages employees to offer solutions to operating procedures that could be done better.

Another nice thing about BMS is that it is a strict encourager of volunteering services and I had the greatest opportunities to participate in providing school supplies for underprivileged students, working with United Way to provide reading kits to children in hospitals in the community, and also to provide Christmas/ Hannakah gifts that were given to children around the holidays.

They matched our 401K contributions up to a certain amount of money, they help with having a Childcare service right on the premesis and an onsite cafeteria. We also had the benefit of having vendors ranging from farmers' markets to expensive jewelry and clothing.

I got to work alongside a lot of nice and professional individuals.
Pros
onsite lunch, 401K match, salary, healthcare, dental, vision
Cons
long drives can be bad in inclement weather, lot of meetings
A little too Bureaucratic for me.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJOctober 2, 2018
I was hired to be an innovator and the team was great, everyone worked hard and we were able to make our own decisions driving product sales. You were rated based on performance. Unfortunately, my leadership team changed and I was surprised to see the company culture was very different.
Stable work environment for consultants
Sr. Provisioning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJOctober 1, 2018
I worked for BMS (as a consultant) since 2003. Even with their consultant policy, I have been called back after each mandatory break.

The work environment is relaxed, the people are welcoming, and the management on the whole fosters growth.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Consultants must leave after 4 years, unless you work under certain staffing agencies like Accenture.
Great benefits and employee friendly
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Structurally sound but there is a lack of cohesiveness throughout markets and departments. There is a disconnect between markets and departments and lack of accountability on management level.
Pros
Employee friendly company
Cons
Poor Accounatbility in Managerial Structure and Policy and Procedures
Long time employment
Sr Protocol Data Manger (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 26, 2018
I Loved my job and working at BMS unfortunately the site was closing in CT. Was a long term employee that got laid off in August. I was unable to move to NJ.
Money for Stress
Cell Culture Operator (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYSeptember 26, 2018
Work life balance was destroyed with the move to 12 hour shifts. Little opportunity to come off night shift. Poor decision making with upper management.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Best Company - too bad they outsources
LEAD NETWORK ENGINEER, PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJSeptember 26, 2018
The best company "hands down" I worked for in my career. I wish they never outsourced IT and still would be with this company. I had opportunities to travel, completed my bachelors degree and can truly say that I loved my job.
Collaborative and supportive
Medical Science Liaison-Hematology/IO (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CASeptember 26, 2018
A great company that encourages collaboration and innovation. Supportive of personal growth and development. Benefits are exceptional and the compensation package very competitive and lucrative should you stay for prolonged time.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Travel requirements
My review
Utilities Maintenance Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Manatí, PRSeptember 25, 2018
It was a good experience; the position requires good communication skills. A typical day in work for the position I held included several meetings and coordination of operations.
Excellent environment in which to work.
Lean Sigma Consultant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 23, 2018
Innovative, highly intelligent and motivated scientists and other professionals with which to work. Great facilities, great processes, clear vision from top to bottom.
productive & effective
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Manatí, PRSeptember 19, 2018
coworkers who respect, help and listen. friendly and pleasant work environment. Managers are respectful with employees, but depending on the goals drawn are carried out in full. An excellent place to work.
Good opportunity for growing
Documentation Coordinator/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRSeptember 19, 2018
I was able to star in a department as an Data Analyst, I had a variety pack of experience that help me with this new role. My supervisor was very attentive and great trainer. After this work experience I feel more prepare for this type of jobs.
great people
RESEARCH SCIENTIST II (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJSeptember 18, 2018
great group of people to work with but the ever changing projects were difficult to balance. Good level of autonomy, but unclear objectives made it difficult to create an effective research plan.
Culture and business decisions
Senior Immuno-oncology Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLSeptember 17, 2018
This company does not follow the culture that it states it provides
They did not make good business decisions and when they saturated the oncology market with sales representatives. This action caused an issue for access into accounts and over representation in each account every week. It caused the customers to limit the amount of representation from the company, which cut many reps out of the offices.
Great Culture! Need better managers
HR Recruiter/ (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 16, 2018
BMS has great culture with employee resource groups and employee recognition and training. The managers are not well trained on how to manage teams and very little training is provided to help managers improve. As a result all the employees that are professionally mature leave the company.
Pros
Great employee meetings with amazing refreshments, Good employee resource groups, Nice people to work with
Cons
Poor managers that are accountable to no one, HR has no authority to improve manager's performance, Good employees are treated poorly and HR can't do anything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss