Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee Reviews

Great co-workers and benefits
Associate Research Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 25, 2017
I love working at Bristol-Myers Squibb. If you are a hard worker it will get recognized. My current manager is very understand and great bout work life balance. There are layoffs frequently.
Pros
Benefits Advancement
Cons
Layoffs
A great learning experience on health care issues
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 25, 2017
Most days I did data entry updating medical journals. It was interesting but sometimes the manuscripts were hard to read so you weren't sure of the correct spelling of medical terms. However my supervisor always proof read to make any corrections needed. It was great knowing that you were a small part in updating new medical findings
Pros
Beautiful place to work at
Cons
It was only a temporary job to get there journals updated.
BMS is a great place to work
Program manager for Global Operations team (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 24, 2017
BMS is a fair place to work. BMS works hard to embody a balance between work and home life. The benefits provided by BMS are great; paid vacation, 401k, benefits and an annual bonus.

Based on the ever-evolving landscape of biopharma, the work environment can be quite stress and uncertain during time of transition.
Pros
Annual bonus and company matched 401K
Research Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 24, 2017
Environment is fast paced and competitive but successes are recognized by immediate management. Work-life balance is most often maintained evenly with flexible hours approved if needed. People are passionate and driven.
Pros
Good 401k match, benefits
Cons
transparency, budget cuts
Well-paid and balanced, but short-sighted decisions from senior management
Specialty Territory Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CASeptember 22, 2017
Day-to-day work is rewarding and not that difficult, although more physician offices are harder to access than 20 years ago. Reps must do more than just "deliver the marketing message" and bring coffee or lunch....we help the staff with managed care issues and reimbursement. District management understands that the old "repeat the message every week" and traditional dinner speaker programs don't work anymore, but they are constrained by metrics set by copromotion contracts and regional management that cannot see beyond activity measurements. That means reps are forced to call on unimportant offices, or lie about seeing closed offices, in order to meet those metrics.
Pros
Great benefits, fun meetings and teammates
Cons
Being held accountable for things far beyond our control
Great place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 22, 2017
I worked at BMS for over 5 years, in two different positions. Both managers were wonderful and provided many opportunities for growth and development.
I have enjoyed my time here but like any pharmaceutical they have their pitfalls being enslaved to shareholders.
Research Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 21, 2017
I worked in vivo primarily and had good leadership that allowed for manageable study pacing and afforded me the opportunity learn new skills and techniques. But ultimately it doesn't come down to the quality of your work when they decide they no longer want to work in a specific disease area.
loved my job
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INSeptember 20, 2017
BMS was an amazing company to work for. Employee satisfaction at every level. Great pay, great benefits. Great work/home life balance.I only left because my position was outsourced to a 3rd party company
Pros
Pay
good place to work
Emergency Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Typical work day started at 7 AM and stopped about 5 PM. I learned a lot about the products and procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with site personnel. Being able to help them to be safe while doing their jobs and making the best pharmaceutical products and implanting safety practices to use off the job. Keeping Life and Fire Safety at the forefront of every day is important.
Excellent job opportunities
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manatí, PRSeptember 19, 2017
Experience all over the operational areas was excellent. Company gave me the opportunity to expand my knowledge in sevaral areas such as Microbiology, Filling Operations, Handling and Control of Narcotics.
Pros
Exposure to work at different managerial levels
Cons
Nothing to report
Review for BMS
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJSeptember 18, 2017
BMS has a friendly environment. People are very nice and helpful if you really want to learn something. Mangers have high expectations but if you are a new programmer and you can start learn a lot from this environment. Most of the programmers that work here are contractors.
Had to work your way up
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYSeptember 16, 2017
The upper management is more like a high school clique that professionals. Seems they were always out to lunch or talking loudly while those beneath them worked hard.
Low stress.
Pharmaceutical Developmental Technician (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 14, 2017
Great place to work. Been here 4 years. Good benefits. Might be a layoff. Otherwise i would stay. Hate to have to look for another place to work. I am with a tight knit group of people.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Layoff
Na
Executive (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 14, 2017
great company to work for with passionate and talented people with the mission to enhance people life. Dynamic and people-friendly work environment. A lot of opportunities to develop.
Bms
Floater/Site Captain Securitas (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, NJSeptember 11, 2017
Overall a good company to work for. Brand new building, great cafe. Fitness center in the building. Parking is a negative but if you have a smart car you can park close to the building.
IPC Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 11, 2017
Good company, fast grow in oncology sector. Good for young professional to grow. Need to put a lot of overtime, not good for small molecule professional because of changing strategies.
Part Time Position for Good Company
Administrative/SAP Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INSeptember 10, 2017
I was hired as a part time worker for a two year period on a special project. I was working in the Engineering Department through a temp company. People were nice, it was a decent culture.

Not a hard job really, met lots of nice people, and learnt a whole new job with construction employees.
Pros
Beautiful place to work, with an employee cafeteria.
Cons
Long drive especially when weather was bad.
Good Work/Life Balance Environment
Marketing Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 5, 2017
A good employer that is working on life improvement! I would recommend this employer to other candidates who are considering working at BMS. Fair and enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great company
Sr Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 1, 2017
All things considered, I am grateful for the valuable learning experiences gained while working at Bristol Myers Squibb in both R&D and Corporate divisions.
Pros
Flexible schedule and telecommuting offered
Cons
Hard to advance, too much restructuring
Is a great place to work
Senior Product Manager, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at BMS as management, leadership and team members were all great. I am seeking opportunities for advancement and therefore it makes sense to look else where.
Pros
Salary, Management
Cons
Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2