Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee Reviews

Found 1,109 reviews matching the search See all 1,555 reviews
Rewarding Career
Administrative Assistant/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJanuary 18, 2019
Bristol-Myers Squibb was an excellent company to work for in my 16 years of my career. Most of management was fair and supportive. The culture unfortunately changed once they changed to a Biotech. Very rewarding to take part in the launch of new drugs to enhance and improve the lives of patients. Compensation was very good as were the benefits. The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with the politics.
Very good company, but not competitive
Executive Assistant, Research & Development (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 27, 2018
I love the people I work with, but not a competitive company to work for if you are an Administrative Assistant or an Executive Assistant, regarding salaries. For me personally, it is too far from home. Being a smaller company, ca. 20,500 people on average, it is more personable than a large giant - it is a good company and near to the top in my list of one of the best companies for which to work. Thank you.
Pros
Very friendly atmosphere - lovely, warm people. That makes it very difficult to think about leaving. Precious people.
Cons
Salary compensation poor for Admins - not competitive
Excellent training and management
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Upstate New YorkDecember 11, 2018
Travelled for sales support and training. Company was understanding of travel schedules and work/life balance. Management provided good support and learning opportunities. Company benefits were excellent.
Different Cultures, depending on site and group
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  GlobalJanuary 9, 2019
One of the lucky ones, I worked for a highly functioning group with decent management. Site to site and group to group, this all differs. Over the years of employment at BMS, I was able to witness many horrible managers, but balanced out by many great ones too. This goes for the sites as well. My position allowed for travel to many of the sites. Some sites had a sense of tension in the air, while others were more relaxed but functional. BMS is making some new moves in the Biopharma realm that will be interesting to watch (from the sidelines). I don't think anyone would go wrong looking for employment at any of the sites. Just be aware of your surroundings and the potential of getting wrapped up in corporate politics. If these things don't bother you, it can be very rewarding.
Pros
State of the Art Facilities (MA & IRE), Some decent Managers, compensations
Cons
Corp Politics, Some bad management, antiqated sites, poor Leadership decisions (less science, more business)
Extremely busy department
Director Procurement Operations (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 13, 2018
Very busy department, required to travel internationally frequently. Long hours, sometimes weekends and holidays. Worked with excellent team of talented people, but management team was very poor.
Pros
Excellent Compensation package, very talented people
Cons
Very poor senior management team
Not a bad place to work
Help Desk Team Lead/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJOctober 29, 2018
For the most part this is a good company to work for. Compensation is fair and work/life balance is an important part of their culture. Expectations are high, but attainable.
Pros
Nice culture
Cons
Too much outsourcing
Excellent place to work and excel
SAP Demand Management Implementation Team (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 8, 2018
BMS was supportive company with great workplace culture. They offered advancement from within, learning opportunities, great benefits and community involvement. The hardest part of the job was leaving for better opportunities but the most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues. They are a top notch company with a really great employee talent.
Pros
CEO down communications, Great benefits, Great salaries, Great advancement opportunities
Cons
Projects are tedious, employees can get lost in shuffle, salary range lags a few years
Reasonably Corporate
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 16, 2018
The BMS experience did help me solidify some ideas on what career path I wanted to pursue. While I grew into a relatively new area, the ability to move through different areas was not just held to my previous experience. Yes, standard big company issues, but the areas I worked had great teams, and employee activities in and out of the company helped peer to peer interactions.
Pros
Pay, benefits are good; excellent community visibility and sponsorship; internal movement and growth
Cons
Shifting management; very class oriented, i.e. stay in your lane mentality
Money for Stress
Cell Culture Operator (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYSeptember 26, 2018
Work life balance was destroyed with the move to 12 hour shifts. Little opportunity to come off night shift. Poor decision making with upper management.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Collaborative and diverse teams
Sr Clinical Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 14, 2019
Worked for BMS 20+ years, excellent career and growth opportunities. Great company to work for.. I would attribute the intense number of various meetings to the changing work environment; perhaps re-think necessity versus productivity and time spent.
Pros
Career advancement opportunities
Cons
Perhaps more diversity in upper management

Want to know more about Bristol-Myers Squibb?

Ask a question
This was a great place to work at one time; but now, job security is tenuous and there is no work-life balance.
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJSeptember 10, 2018
During the later years, the outsourcing was off the charts, so there was never any job security. And although they always spoke of work-life balance, there was none.
Pros
Compensation was fairly good
Cons
The outsourcing was continuous
Collaborative Culture
Procedural Document Sr. Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 30, 2019
Bristol-Myers offers an amazing workplace and work culture. Great employee benefits, flex time, remote working, mentorship, transparency, support to improve and excel.
Collaborative and supportive
Medical Science Liaison-Hematology/IO (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CASeptember 26, 2018
A great company that encourages collaboration and innovation. Supportive of personal growth and development. Benefits are exceptional and the compensation package very competitive and lucrative should you stay for prolonged time.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Travel requirements
Large Company with career opportunities
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 27, 2018
Big company and therefore lots of opportunity to move and advance. Current culture is a bit stifling and driven by fear with authoritarian management team.

Quality of work environment depends greatly on where you are in the organization, and the leadership of your particular function.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
People are often rewarded for being politically savvy, not for job comepetence
QA manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2018
Bristol Myers Squibb is a great place to work.
CEO inspires the employees.

I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to work in an environment which fosters the culture of "who are you working for", where the patient is our primary focus.
Pros
culture
BMS Work/Life
Training Specialist/LMS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, NJJanuary 22, 2019
All around work and work associates and setting was great.
New facility. Nice Café. Accessible parking. Laid back culture with an on going drive for new and innovative strategies for advancement and improvements.
A Culture in Need of Change
Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJJanuary 28, 2019
While I had some good co-workers and a great manager, most of the time the management was out for making things easy for themselves or rewarding their friends. There was no discipline for employees who behaved unprofessionally. The work was good and there wasn't huge stress, but there also wasn't a lot of advancement.
Manager Intimidated by Savvy Tech Business Prof.
Grants Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 17, 2019
My personal experience with the manager who's initials are M.M. this department consist of much older women who'd been with BMS for 17 years plus. Their culture is rigid and old fashioned. They weren't open to a more modern technical work style. I'm extremely independent, efficient, thorough and very technically savvy. This being said when performing a task I found short-cuts, ways to achieve the same results in a more efficient manner. Which created great time management, and unfortunately frowned upon unbeknownst to me. I survived 4 weeks in this antiquated unsophisticated asinine group and I'm not just referring to their processes.
Pros
Cons
All of thee above
Interesting work
Manufacturing Operator Specialist/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYAugust 6, 2018
Interesting work in a stressful and fast paced environment. Good pay and benefits. Poor management with to many levels and no accountability. Hardest part of the job was dealing with all the politics.
Very supportive management.
Executive Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJNovember 20, 2018
My years at BMS were the most enriching for me in my entire sales career. This was due in large, to 4 managers I had and the executive management during my tenure.
Pros
inclusive, fun yet demanding, work atmosphere.
Cons
I had to leave because of the NS reorginization in 2012.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss