Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee Reviews

Found 1,070 reviews matching the search See all 1,506 reviews
Na
Manager technology enaablement (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 7, 2018
BMS is customer focused. although there is an apparent disconnect between major divisions, the company makes effort to reduce these barriers. I highly recommend working for BMS
Productive and overall great place to work.
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 7, 2018
Very enjoyable place to work. Learned a lot.
Challenging and stressful at times but worth it.

Great place to work with state of art equipment. Coworkers were great and whole environment pleasant. It was like one big family.

Starting seeing changes over the last 5 years, especially with new management and prioroties changing.
Pros
clean safe enviroment
Cons
poor upper management communication
Intern
intern (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 5, 2018
i enjoyed the educational environment here at Bristol Myers Squibb. Promoted an environment for learning where colleagues were open for questions and concerns.
Horrible Stay away
Q.I Technician (Former Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRDecember 2, 2018
Worse place I ever worked the supervisor was a crazy stalker. minimum pay no beneficts and work was repetitive and not ergonomic at all. They need to update the work standard for employees
Research Investigator (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 28, 2018
BMS has the highest quality of research scientists in big pharma. They strive every day to produce drugs that will benefit patients. Management is well trained and cares about their employees.
Buena industria
Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRNovember 27, 2018
Buenos compañeros y buenos gerenciales. Poca oportunidad de promoción.
Very good company, but not competitive
Executive Assistant, Research & Development (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 27, 2018
I love the people I work with, but not a competitive company to work for if you are an Administrative Assistant or an Executive Assistant, regarding salaries. For me personally, it is too far from home. Being a smaller company, ca. 20,500 people on average, it is more personable than a large giant - it is a good company and near to the top in my list of one of the best companies for which to work. Thank you.
Pros
Very friendly atmosphere - lovely, warm people. That makes it very difficult to think about leaving. Precious people.
Cons
Salary compensation poor for Admins - not competitive
Large Company with career opportunities
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 27, 2018
Big company and therefore lots of opportunity to move and advance. Current culture is a bit stifling and driven by fear with authoritarian management team.

Quality of work environment depends greatly on where you are in the organization, and the leadership of your particular function.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
People are often rewarded for being politically savvy, not for job comepetence
nahh
Microbiologist/Contingent Worker (Current Employee) –  Manatí, PRNovember 23, 2018
Positions are offer to "buddies". Never had a Holiday off NEVER! while Supervisor and managers do....do not work here go somewhere else that appreciate your hard work and dedication.
I consider a safe work place with a strong and organized management infrastructure with open channels of communication and Quality at all levels.
Senior QA Plant Support Specialist (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRNovember 21, 2018
Key words to describe Bristol Myers Squibb:
- Communication at all levels
- Robust Quality Systems
- Safety workplace
- Strong CAPA Program
- Strong Safety Program (EHS)
- Strong Investigation Program
- Strong Cleaning Validation Program
- Strong Operational Excellence Program
- Strong 5s Program
Pros
Great Macro Management, communication between departments, flexibility in scheduling time
Cons
Sometimes too much overtime
Bms
Artech Temp Working for BMS Chargeback Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 20, 2018
BMS is a great company to work for. They pay decent and benefits are great and fair price. They mostly focus on their employees. The only negative thing I have to say is I worked here previously but left after 20 month because I did not like my job and tried and tried to get a new position but it never happened. I feel they should have done more to get me a new position so I didn't have to leave to get a better position. But other than that it is a very great company to work for. I hope to go from being a temp/contractor to a full time when my contract expires in March 2019.
Benefits
Cons
Distance
Very supportive management.
Executive Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJNovember 20, 2018
My years at BMS were the most enriching for me in my entire sales career. This was due in large, to 4 managers I had and the executive management during my tenure.
Pros
inclusive, fun yet demanding, work atmosphere.
Cons
I had to leave because of the NS reorginization in 2012.
Research technician
Biological Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJNovember 19, 2018
Good job but poor company leadership. Ruined stock in middle of my time there and decided to take package and do something else. Union was disorganized and fought to keep wrong people
Great work environment
Clinical Trails Support Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2018
I have loved working at BMS. Great company focused on patients. Wonderful work environment. Low wages in Florida and not much development opportunities.
Communications Strategy
Communications Analyst, Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 15, 2018
Reviewed the goals of the project and prepared a communications strategy and plan that would meet them. For example, I produced executive video testimonials, wrote employee case studies, managed pilot programs, launched SharePoint tools, developed and launched enterprise Yammer social media platform, developed websites, hosted monthly IT forums.
Specialty District Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2018
I found BMS to be good/great place to work. Most of it depends on your immediate boss, of course. I felt they offered a fair amount of autonomy for those who wanted it. It is one of the best cultures I've ever worked in.
Very intence.
Research Scientist I (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 10, 2018
Multi-tasking is a must. Preparing specimens and reports for archives. Assisting others. Preparing Study reports. Preparation of materials for future Studies. Review SOP's.
Pros
Satisfaction
Very enjoyable workplace
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJNovember 8, 2018
I really enjoyed working here, everyone was a teamplayer and management were the best. I am looking forward to another work assignment there again, hopefully soon.
QA manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2018
Bristol Myers Squibb is a great place to work.
CEO inspires the employees.

I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to work in an environment which fosters the culture of "who are you working for", where the patient is our primary focus.
Pros
culture
Too many barriers as a nurse
SENIOR TERRITORY BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Plainville, NJOctober 31, 2018
As a Territory Manager, there was a lot of time away from home, inability to discuss certain issues with doctors and felt pressure from manager to see a certain number of providers each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Powered by Comparably