Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee Reviews

Found 970 reviews matching the search See all 1,378 reviews
Old school Pharma dinosaur
Legal Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
BMS that was is dying and shrinking. The bloodletting continued throughout my eleven year employment. Anyone joining now should be warned it is not likely to be a lifelong affair.
excelente
Inspection/ Empaque (Former Employee) –  Manatí, PRJuly 19, 2018
excelente Empresa farmaceutica bien familisado y un ambiente saludable
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great In-house Creative Until They Disbanded It
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJuly 19, 2018
As a contract worker, I was definitely a "second class citizen." There were no paid days off, and when the company closed for Hurricane Sandy, we had to apply for unemployment to get paid.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Outsourced
Great company with excellent compensation, good growth potential and work-life balance
Sr. Project Coordinator, Global D&I (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJuly 18, 2018
During my career at Bristol-Myers Squibb, I was given the opportunity to take courses to enhance my skills. My managers were always fair and offered both praise and constructive advice throughout the years. I was able to lead many of the programs that I worked on which allowed me to expand my job responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of each position I had was the colleagues and managers that I dealt with on a daily basis.
Pros
Working with a company that helps so many with their drugs
Cons
At time, work load does not allow for lunch or breaks
Best place to work for
Community and Affairs Manager, Virology (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2018
Really miss working for BMS. Very supportive management and colleagues. My job was working in the field with a lot of flexibilities, work and life balance.
Company Mission is Rewarding
Benefits, Leave and Absence Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2018
Company's Mission is great! Management needs to work on not making favoritism visible. Company has a lot of resources for personal and professional growth. Company is very involved with the community. Great Benefits and generous paid time off.
Pros
Benefits, Nice office facilities, lots of company events
Cons
Favoritism, No Job Security
Company driven by culture
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  PPKJuly 15, 2018
A company driven culture. It was a decent experience but not the best.

Company is focused on its Oncology portfolio and continues to make cuts in other areas to support R&D.Somed where there is the right balance.
Pros
Good Benefits and compensation
Cons
Internal Politics
Fast paced environment
Senior Packaging Documentation Specialist ll (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 15, 2018
Great company to work for with friendly family culture, this is a diversified and innovative company that recognizes talent and shared values of pharma production and success to preserve life.
Pros
Great environment friendly co-workers
Cons
Late work nights
Growth Opportunities
Sr. Deployment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJuly 14, 2018
Good company to work for with opportunities for growth.
Very good compensation and health benefits. Good work life balance and flexible work schedule.
Senior-Hvac-r with JLL Enginering. Annual short down
FDA regulation, internal contractor (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJuly 11, 2018
Troubleshooting (electric & mechanic), repair, Installation & maintenance equipment refrigeration.(Cryogenic refrigerators, coolers and freezers, Filter changes, Chiller water pumps, VRF air conditioners. Plumbing, ductwork. Electrical assistant or any assigned work
Could have been better
Senior Information Scientist (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJJuly 10, 2018
Recruited but let go after only four months so my job could be filled by a manager's friend, so difficult to have an unbiased opinion of the company.

Accepted the position and hoped to create a new resource center for R&D but was not meant to be.
great environment with free coffee and snacks
cGMP CLEANING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJuly 10, 2018
it was a great environment to work in and the workers there were very fun to work with and be around. the only thing that could've made it better would have been if there was better compensation.
Work Day
Materials Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Devens, MAJuly 9, 2018
Fast paced environment with multiple tasks needed daily. Supervisor hardly ever present so you must work independently.
Safety not always followed but desired
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
Poor leadership, safety
Validation Lead
Validation Lead (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJuly 8, 2018
• Reviewed various validation deliverables such as Requirements Specification, Validation Strategy, Test Strategy, Validation Plan, ApIQ Plan, ST Plan, UAT Plan, Technology/Integration Architecture document, Application Configuration Specification, Traceability Matrix, ApIQ Summary Report (Test and Prod), ST Summary Report, UAT Summary Report, and System Overview document.
• Provided guidance on the process to team members from a validation perspective.
• Interacted with HP and IT teams during pre and post execution of ApIQ scripts in Test and Production environments
• Coordinated with off shore testing team during ST pre and post execution to guide them through the process to follow in order to meet the BMS standards
Learning
Supervised Practice in the industry (Former Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRJuly 6, 2018
I learned a lot in the supervised practice and adquire new tecniques. I see a lot of instruments that I used in the University. Also I learned to use new equipment and instruments.
Pros
Good brakes
Cons
Have a mentor
Good Place to work
Captain of Security (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJJuly 5, 2018
I was an outside contractor so not all benifits were available to me. but no complaints I moved on to a higher level position. While I was treated well I could not move up due to the type of work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 3, 2018
Preparing medication making sure counts are correct and making business meetings for corporate individuals. Making medications and labeling the coreect dosage
wake up every morning pumped to walk into work...
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJuly 2, 2018
sounds cliché, but so true! The culture is unlike any company I've come to work for.CEO is energetic, down to earth, personable, and approachable. Had constant company wide conversations about the direction of the company, and then individual conversations with each department about how the direction impacts them.
Great work environment with workout /shower area.
Integrity Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Devens, MAJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work. Employees are always happy and willing to help. No negativity and always willing to learn new roles and processes. Never felt pressured doing my job. Wish the job would have been permanent.
Not bad
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  NJJune 28, 2018
a lot of people work from home especially on fridays. There are decent amount young leaders, some better than others. This company loves to throw tons of money to consultants unnecessarily, buy up all kinds of over engineered everything, and throw big parties. Every three or four years, heads roll in bunches. There are lots of red tape, political alliances and political wars behind the collaborative passive aggressive smiling faces. It's a typical corporate machine i guess. Overall not a bad place to work.
Pros
good pay, work life balance sometimes
Cons
passive aggressive culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Diversity score

72out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Powered by Comparably