Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee Reviews

Great People to Work with...
Assoc Dir/Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJMarch 6, 2018
The best part of the job is the colleagues. Amazing workforce. Depending on the Division, you could have a long and successful career. Management teams below Leadership tend to be very political and still possess the old school mindset that if you are not there you are not really working. Management really does not embrace the Mobile/Remote working initiative.
Pros
Salary, Bonus, Colleagues
Cons
Management - Old mindset, very political
Bristol-Myers Squibb's Culture
Sr. Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 4, 2018
BMS's culture was inclusive and transparent. The managers and the Sales Director were relaxed and supportive. I would recommend going to work for BMS when and if given the opportunity.
Contract position
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 2, 2018
Typical coding assignment. I was able to work remotely with occasional travel to various business sites. There was a built in 4 year limit to contract extentions.
Pros
worked remotely
Smart People, Collaborative Work
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Competitive Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMarch 1, 2018
Good culture of respect across the board. Matrix teams make collaboration across functions easier. Open space allows for open communication. Great people.
Productive and fun workplace.
Quality Control Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Humacao, PRFebruary 28, 2018
Excellent work environment!!!!!

A typical day of work was calmed and very organized. They has a complete organized system to follow to help you performed your job with satisfactory results.
Pros
Free lunches
BMS Summary
Executive Director, US HEOR, Oncology (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 26, 2018
I lead the US HEOR Oncology team at BMS. My typical day is managing meetings and topics relevant to RWE and HEOR. I have learned they are a great company and like most of the management team. They tend to have people in meetings morning to night and some managers are too self absorbed. The hardest part of the job is getting my work done after being in meetings all day. The most enjoyable part of this job is the latitude to be innovative.
Pros
Culture, innovation
Cons
Hours in meetings, certain management
Was a started job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NebraskaFebruary 25, 2018
Was started job, they were going through a lot of reorganization at the time. Were turning reps every 2 years and territory's were changing yearly.
Pros
Corporate job
Cons
To much change
What I learned
Senior Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 25, 2018
I learned a tremendous amount at the top of the sales team at Bristol. We sold life saving medications for Hepatitis B, C and HIV.
Complex disease states is where I thrived giving physicians the data they needed to treat very sick patients!!
Great Management
OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE SUMMER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRFebruary 23, 2018
A motivational and professional experience. It was great every day at work.
They have a lot of activities to develop yourself. Everyone is treated equally.
Productive place
COMPUTER ENGINEERING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Humacao, PRFebruary 22, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job were the recreational activities. Also is an amazing place to go and learn a valuable lot of information that will help with the future.

Want to know more about Bristol-Myers Squibb?

Ask a question
BMS was an incredible company
Sr. Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 17, 2018
I worked for BMS for 17 years. I took an early retirement to go contract. I consider BMS to be one of the most ethical companies I have ever work for. BMS management was very supportive of the CRAs.
Pros
excellent management; excellent salary and benefits
Cons
no cons noted
Love working here
Global Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 16, 2018
- relaxed atmosphere
- friendly coworkers
- open working environment
- hardworking people
- great location
- meeting heavy culture
- people care about your development
Great organization
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 15, 2018
ConvaTec was owned by BMS and ran like clockwork. The sales management was great in their messaging and direction. Once the company was divested, ConvaTec lost its way.
Pros
Great products, benefits, exciting
Cons
After the sale, there was poor leadership and direction
Wonderful people, great benefits; company downsizing
Operations Analyst, U.S. Field Medical Operations (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJFebruary 9, 2018
I spent 13+ years at Bristol-Myers Squibb. My position was eliminated May 26, 1987. I was given a very nice severance package,

When BMS terminates someone due to downsizing, they are more than generous in providing severance and resources to help the person transition.

My main disappointment is that was I was unable to develop into any other areas my last 8 years. With my education and experience, I should have been able to make much more than I did.

That said, I have nothing but gratitude to BMS and am proud to have worked for this great company.
Pros
The People, the benefits, Work-life balance
Cons
Company downsizing overall
Family friendly
Executive Assistant/Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 9, 2018
At the time of my employment here it was an amazing place to work with a very good lifebalanceprogram lots of extras going on good discounts on their products and an awesome management team
Pros
Discounts
Cons
A lot of whining from secretatial staff
Stressful career
Analyst II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2018
no work life balance; expect to work 12-16 hr days. The company downsizes; employees are overextended. No job security or loyalty overall. Typical corporate environment.
Bms
Director of Security (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJFebruary 9, 2018
Not looking to leave JLL but I am open to new opportunities if the arise. As a Facility Management company JLL is a fantastic. The BMS account that I manage covers multiple sites across the US and in Puerto Rico.
Chaotic Transformation at all Times
COMPLIANCE LEAD (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJFebruary 9, 2018
The company undergoes unreasonable transformations all the time, not considering its long-term impact. Technically equipped personnel are laid off and they end up hiring more costly consultants not only to do the work but to correct errors done. The management team is old, they have been there for years, old strategies are redressed as new, they go through the same cyclical motion.

On a positive note, the company offers very high compensation package in comparison to their peers, good benefits as well.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Strategy not looking at fundamentals, old management team
BMS is focused on the stockholders not its employees
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 8, 2018
The company's "family" pitch to potential employees is a farce. BMS is focused on their stockholders and not its employees. Very qualified management.
Pros
Management. Coworkers.
Cons
BMS is focused on their stockholders and not its employees.
Productive environment that allowed for independence and innovation.
Senior Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 7, 2018
I worked in Oncology Global Clinical Research so there was no "typical" day at work. In addition to my regular responsibilities of answering phones, organizing domestic and international travel, preparing expense reports, I was also required to do project-specific activities. My direct manager was one of the most respected and fair people I have ever had the pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was not getting drug approval after years' of hard work by the entire team. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to work every day. I had hoped to retire from there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

72out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bristol-Myers Squibb.